Discussion Is it just me that likes reverse harems??

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Kuchi66, Apr 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    yea irl i'm not into swinging myself. i try not to judge though since yknow w/e floats their boats. Also, LLS is probably the only male lead harem I don't mind, probably because the story is more about his harem than anything else. It's like 3 chapters of harem for every 2 chapters of training and 1 chapter of faceslapping slaughter. It's shameless about the harem as much as the MC is shameless about having one, which makes it feel alright. Like, since I can't take it seriously, I can enjoy a silly shameless harem for what it is instead of feeling vaguely insulted and guilty at the same time

Aiiee and Delirious like this.
  2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, does liking rinkan count? :confused:

3. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I am more the opposite and its only because of being a complete weirdo (or so iv been told). The reason? 1 guy plows tons of chicks, you know who the parent is without a DNA test. 1 chick getting plowed by tons of guys, not so much. Thats it. It is the weirdest fucking reason but there it is and it hasnt changed in years. Granted some reverse harems arnt bad and I can say I actually enjoyed the show or novel but those are also the ones where the female MC (read protag) tends to only show true romantic intentions with one or possibly two of her "harem" characters and yes, there are "reverse harem" tagged things out there like this instead of the poor woman having a bukkake fetish.

I only start having issues with "Harem" tagged things when the male MC is so dense scientist start wondering if hes a new form of matter. Oh or if hes the complete polar opposite and rapes his "harems" sensibilities to get said "harem"...more like living sextoy at that point but now im treading into crazy town so I shall swiftly retreat before an admin hits me.

Kuchi66 and CountryMage like this.
  4. Kuchi66

Kuchi66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually this is what I was trying to say, but it was 3 AM and I was tired... This is exactly what I think, lol.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    reverse harem is harem~ I don't have problem with harem~

CountryMage likes this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because Reverse Harem tends to be done better in general. I have seen even plenty of harems on male side done well. There is no problem with it in general, especially when an MC goes to a medieval setting where having 1 guy with multiple wives is normal. The bigger issue is how the MC acts toward his harem and how the harem acts toward him. It gets to the point of having harem just for the sake of harem...And both characters are pretty much destroyed by it.

Reverse harems tend to go by more stricter standards. Of course there are exceptions both ways.

Also, as far as harem goes. It is not limited to "sharing". Harem generally deals with having multiple people interested in 1 MC. Even if by the end the MC picks only 1, it still is a harem.

7. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not into ntr so reverse harems are a no go

8. Heyu

Heyu Not enough space

Reading List:
    Link
    and they release their auras and she ends bleeding from the seven holes..