Discussion ISSTH has gotten boring

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ninthlite, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Varius

Varius Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep.. Lacks the comedy but i still follow through until the end 400 moaaar.. GG

2. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Improve grammar...

4. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, ISSTH still retains it original quality of writing, only that the reader does not see it as such due possible reasons. It is possible that because he/she has been affected by reading too many low-quality xian xia where all the MC are overpowered and literally smashes their way through all obstacles. While ISSTH current character development does resemble those situations, but it does not suffer from lack of developments to reach that stage thus making it greatly more acceptable. But he/she immediately likened ISSTH current's development as a degradation of it overall quality, as the earlier volumes of ISSTH were quite to his/her liking when the MC was not that overpowered back then.

P.s calling someone liar just because you do not agree with them is not really helping the discussion.

5. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I messed up...

6. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    To me out of all ergen novels ISSTH is just before last which is against the heaven (why last? Because the author himself dropped it)... No.1 Xian Ni/Renegade Immortal- the mc in this novel is so much better(personality wise - he is a grown up) compared to MHs annoying personality(14 year even though he is hundreds of years old) as well as killed much less age wise than MH!! I haven't decided on 2 or 3 yet because both only have about 100 chapters translated but Beseech the devil will likely get 2nd place as it's setting is much more serious and dark from what is already known as for A Will eternal will most likely get no.3 as I didnt have to force myself in the first 100 chapters like I did with ISSTH!! Plus the comedy has been pretty good and the up coming arc in deathblades translations will be pretty awesome!!

So to answer-ish the OP I could care less whether it gets boring by the end as it's not even that high on my list, at this point the only reason I'm reading it, is just to finish it as I have invested considerable amount of time on it!!

7. xtremed

xtremed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not native english, in threads like this as long as people understand what i'm saying its enough i think

8. mirrorcrasher

mirrorcrasher Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that i feel troubled by It, nor i want to criticise him , just stated the reason i dropped It, thought i Will probably restart to read It.

9. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't say I agree, I've actually been enjoying ISSTH more and more :D

It's like all Meng Hao's work is paying off. I'm glad that we get to see him kicking ass on a regular basis. What I can't stand is series where the MC cultivates like crazy but he's always weak compared to whoever he's facing, so it never feels like they're progressing. I loved the ISSTH arcs where Meng Hao would just roam around as an OP expert, because we get to FEEL just how godlike he is now that he's an immortal.

Also I think a lot of us prefer reading about people kicking ass to people struggling against the assholes that plague xianxia / xuanhuan worlds :p

10. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    For me it started getting boring after volume 4 and dropped it shortly after volume 6, no idea how it is atm but I really don't want to find out. lol
    I guess I just have trouble enjoying these stories after they pass a certain scale.