Spoiler It’s Not Easy Being Your Love Rival’s Big Brother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    情敌他哥不好当

I was looking through @winter-t 's awesome rec list (again >.>) and i came upon this novel

Fromt the looks of it, it seems like a funny read :D .....the mc died and went back in time but this time his mom remarries and he becomes step brother's with the ml (who apparently stole his boyfriend in the past life)...now he wants revenge lol

(also it seems like the mc and the ml are living together from the start (as siblings))

Pokes @scriptor @LaDyViL @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @Toyo @Shem @readerz @SnowTime

morticia_addams, bluep, Shem and 9 others like this.
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh someone spoils! Does it means in last life ml stole boyfriend cause he wanted mc?

4. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is super hilarious and cute~ I actually really want to do a teaser w/ the 1st chapter b/c it made me laugh so hard. It's been a while so I forgotten a lot the details, so I can't promise I'll be able to answer everything.

MC's former bf looks a lot like ML's childhood friend that he's been hung up over (1st love), and ML basically dated him as a sort-of replacement. All of ML's former bfs remind him in some way of his childhood friend, until he falls for MC and finally gets over it. MC in his past life was a super fatty and ML didn't like him at all. Of course, MC also hated ML, hence revenge in new life.

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's the childhood friend?

6. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    how did the mc tried to take revenge?...also is the mc thinner his teens?

kiara8 likes this.
  7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    He went oversees. Later, he comes back, but at that point, ML already got over him so it wasn't a big deal.

Yes, MC was still thin, and one of his goals is to maintain his thin figure. MC's way of taking revenge is...mostly non-effective lol. He tries to one-up ML or make ML suffer in various ways, and either ML one-ups him instead or he ends up getting dragged into it too and no one is the winner.

Later, he finally found out ML had low blood sugar and revealed it on the university's online forum. ML has a perfect prince image at school, so MC tried to ruin that by revealing supposed "weaknesses" to show that ML isn't perfect, though tbh, it wasn't very effective and the things he revealed weren't that big of a deal.

I really liked this story b/c of how cute and funny MC is as he tries so hard, but he's not the scheming/screwing people over type, so his "revenge" is more of an extended prank war imo. At one point, he even tries to help ML's current bf so they'll stay together so ML wouldn't go after MC's former bf. Like, most of the time, my reaction to MC trying to get revenge was, 'this dumbass cute cinnamon roll', so this definitely isn't one of those gritty revenge stories.

8. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    awww the mc sounds so cute :3 ....How does the ml figure out he likes him? ....and what is the mc's reaction?

kiara8 likes this.
  9. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was a gradual thing, where after extended (and exasperating tbh) interactions w/ MC, ML starts to find him really cute and interesting. I think it's also partly b/c MC is a really good cook and actually satisfies ML's super picky tastes, and as they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach lol.

I don't really know MC's initial reaction b/c I think that was in the two chapters in the middle I never read, but I'm pretty sure he didn't take it to heart or rejected the possibility, not that ML gave up. MC still continued to chase after his former bf while ML chased after him for a while, and it wasn't until later that MC sorted his emotions out.

10. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I see :D ...thaaaank you <3 ...any cute moments between the mc and the ml after they were together?

Misaki Yata likes this.
  11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What does the parents say about this?

Misaki Yata likes this.
  12. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a lot since this is pretty fluffy, but I don't remember many of the specifics. The one that was very memorable was when ML found the journal that MC kept detailing his 'wins and loses' on his revenge against ML that ended up turning into a log of all the nice things ML has done for MC. MC kind of freaked out until he saw that ML also wrote his own very short list, which was the important memories b/t him and MC. ML's list was so shorthand no one other than MC would have understood it, but MC understood it at a glance and was super moved. You could really tell how much they both treasured each other.

So, they were accidentally outed (in the middle of getting it on) b/c of a surprise visit from their parents. I think they were on the sofa and their parents walked in and were like, "????" They were really shocked and pretty much left right after.

After, both MC and ML had a heart-to-heart talk w/ their corresponding birth parent, and they were accepted. Only MC's talk w/ his mom was shown, and essentially it boiled down to, she was shocked but in the end, her love for MC and his happiness trumped over any disgust/rejection she had. MC and ML's parents are actually very nice and accepting compared to some of the other parental figures portrayed, but overall, while this novel does address homophobia, it doesn't go too deep.

13. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it ever explain why MC's former ex left him in second life since he's chasing him?

lazynoodles likes this.
  14. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the ML get jealous? And how did the MC figured he loves ML?

15. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    In his 2nd life, MC's former ex never even falls for MC (he was in love w/ one of his female professors). They become close friends, and the former ex's relationship w/ both MC and ML stay platonic.

ML gets jealous a lot lol, especially of the former ex b/c he knows that MC likes and is chasing him. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I think ML confronted MC and asked MC to seriously consider him, and MC at that point had sort of realized that his feelings towards ML and his former ex have changed. ML had been making MC's heart pound a lot, and he used his absence from his former ex to sort out his current feelings vs his past life's feelings.

After, he "confessed" to his former ex as a final test, and realizing that his heart didn't pound the way it used to, he finally accepted that his feelings have changed. Of course, ML witnessed this entire scene and got jealous and scared that he'd lose MC, but they sorted it out.

16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Was MC an uke or seme in his last life?

17. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    He was a self-proclaimed "gentle seme", but he never actually slept with anyone. This life, no one even believes him when he tells them that he tops, and it's hilarious. It's part of why he didn't accept ML in the beginning. He bottoms this life and was quite indignant about it, but since he can't win against ML's charm, he ends up accepting it.

18. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember he was fat in his past life right? Did his ex lover really love him back then?

V_lezer likes this.
  19. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard to say? We never get his ex-bf's pov, but MC definitely loved him, though according to MC, I don't think they even got past holding hands. Kind of makes me question if they actually dated at all, or if it was all just MC's one-sided delusion. MC's not the sharpest crayon in the box, so...

20. SusuTheSloth

SusuTheSloth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    umm, i wanna ask something.... this novel is not picked up yet right? did anyone planned to translate it?