Spoiler I've led the villain astray; how do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I am still a little lost. Correct me if I am wrong, The big brother is a transmigrated person while the little brother is a time traveller?

Rania want to QT and kly like this.
  2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, you're correct.

Big brother --> modern world transmigration into cultivation danmei harem story/world
    Little brother --> transmigration back in time to just before he was introduced/brought to the Xu family and introduced to big brother

Oh, and I think protag is also a time transmigrator (if I didn't get it mixed up)

3. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to the little brother and he travelled back to the bast?

kly likes this.
  4. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, little brother in the past suffered the ending from the novel ending -- he got sacrificed/killed by the protag's party to 'save the world' so this barrier thingy ('rain field' in MTL) between the humans and demons is maintained. But as MC later considers, this is only a temporary solution; who else are they going to have to sacrifice once the barrier goes down again?

One of the things MC and ML work on is how to solve this problem more permanently. Because MC definitely won't let that ending happen to ML.

Transmigration resets the timeline. So upon timeline reset, which is when our story starts, ML is back as little bun with memories. MC is Xu Ziyan rather than the original character. And protag (not sure) is also back as his younger self with memories.

5. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    So the ML realize he got a new lovely big brother in the past and become a yandere?

Ease, kly and kiara8 like this.
  6. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. ML fairly quickly realized that 'Xu Ziyan' wasn't the one he'd known before. The original one bullied him and was mean and teamed up with protag to make his life a misery. MC as 'Xu Ziyan' was uncharacteristically nice and had a different personality. ML realized that this 'Xu Ziyan' was a different existence, and precious enough for him to be yandere over.

Later in their relationship, they come clean to each other. ML comes clean about remembering what happened in the original storyline, MC comes clean about being an otherworldly transmigrator with a storage space.

Hiura, creizreiz, soie_yoie and 17 others like this.
  7. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, wow. Plot hammer heavy much.

Vampire bugs like a swarm and getting intelligence. Protag going behind everyone's backs and making deals with demons. Protag seeding his harem (not the original 4P, new guys this time) with these bugs and holding queen bug. Making people into puppets with subordinate vampire bugs...

O.O

*reads MTL faster*

Hiura, soie_yoie, vesperia and 12 others like this.
  8. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah.. early chapter must be cute then. While ML worried MC will bully him again, MC actually just wanna pamper him.

(And keep those spoiler updating. I really want to see the protag suffering XD)

Aeli, kly, scriptor and 2 others like this.
  9. Novel otaku desu

Novel otaku desu 『R0 Trickster』『Sleeping Fox』『Desucchi』

Reading List:
    Link
    thx thx XD seems i am late again orz

alexfilia and kly like this.
  10. Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are there any other people who get in the way of ML and MC?

kly likes this.
  11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much only the protagonist. Everyone else:
    1) scared away by ML's world-class death glare
    2) see ML being sticky 24/7 and give up
    And/or
    3) see MC and ML being so attached to each other that there's no way to come between them

Protagonist is sort of delusional if you think about it... I read further in, apparently his genius plan is to save the world/rain field barrier by manipulating his ~8 ppl cultivator harem (seeded by vampire bugs) and get praised as a hero. Then he imagines getting ML and others to regret slighting him.

But as MC thinks, protag's action are pretty disgusting... what kind of heroism involves constantly throwing others to be sacrificed (like ML before transmigration or the poor harem this timeline) instead of trying to deal with it yourself?

12. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil on the interaction between mc and ml at the starting of novel when ml was small .?

kly likes this.
  13. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a reason why you stopped after chapter 100ish?

kly likes this.
  14. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only up to chapter 20. MC (12 years old) is a sleepy head, so ML (8 years) has to wake him up every morning. And MC who's used to oversleeping every morning and no one dares to wake him up because he's the family young master, only wakes up so that ML won't be late for his cultivation training.

ML mentally writes down all the indignities he's "suffering" under MC's hands. Having his cheeks and head petted. His very, very pink room. Another time MC brings ML hunting and says that ML only needs to be there so that he'll slowly get used to demon aura, and ML annoyed thinks I'm a demon lord. How dare you look down on me and mentally takes out his book to record this.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  15. Luen

Luen One Who Silences The TMI Onigiri Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    I got tired of the protag throwing himself at every decent male in the novel and every single decent couple with actual personalities all followed the dainty looking beautiful seme x handsome uke with varying degrees of buff template. The author even mentioned in her profile that this is the only type of couple template that she writes. It's still a good story, just not my taste.

16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Their interactions are incredibly adorbs. MC is the perfect doting older brother, though he has limits and ML to this day has trauma from getting spanked by MC for using curse words. LOL

As @Luen mentions, MC is a sleepyhead. There's a cute moment when MC promised to help ML train the next day, but doesn't show up which makes ML suspect that MC is a bad person after all. But he thinks some more and figures out it might be better to check on where MC is first. And as it turns out... MC never left his room. So ML goes into his room and sees MC being sloppy and wrapped in his blankets like cocoon. He has to poke/call MC a few times before the grumbles, wakes up, and panics at missing the appointment. XDDD

Another funny but cute incident happens when MC takes ML out into the forest. They and their group are hunting these animals for points in this competition thing. Being inexperienced and nervous, MC accidentally fries the wildcat with his lightning... and forgets that he's supposed to just kill it and keep its fur all right since that's valuable and will add points. LOL barbecue. MC's face at realizing his mistake makes ML super amused -- he admits to himself that this is one of the few times he's ever laughed this hard, 'past' life included.

17. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Random interactions when MC is 15-16 and ML is 11-12

Ch 53 - MC injures his legs and he needs to take a medicinal bath. MC thinks he's raised such a sweet, caring little brother because he carries him there every day until his injuries are healed. While ML is thinking, there's no way I'll let anyone to touch or see my big brother. He's mine and so on.
    Ch 56 - ML acting pitiful when their master wants to eat wonton noodles cooked by MC too. And MC thinking, master how can you compete with a child for food? Their master totally sees through ML's cute little brother act and repeatedly warns MC and is ignored by MC.
    Ch 62 - ML thinks about how MC is at a marrying age. His thoughts go from oh no sister-in-law, to this means there will be a nephew eventually, to I must monopolize my brother attention completely, to I'll be his lover so he won't look for anyone else, to regretting not paying attention when those four were having sex in front of him in previous life
    Ch 70 - ML mentions using a devil cultivation skill. He decides that if MC doesn't accept this, he'll hide this side of himself forever. And MC says that using devil skill isn't evil as along as you use it for good deeds. ML feels super happy.
    Ch 72 - ML and MC meet protagonist. ML and MC initially doesn't know that the guy that met is the protagonist, but ML has an instinctive dislike towards protagonist. Although to be fair, ML dislikes anyone that takes up his brother's attention.
    Ch 74 - ML asks if MC thinks protagonist is beautiful. Then, ML ask if MC thinks he's beautiful. And MC misunderstands completely. He thinks that ML dislikes protagonist because he's upset that protagonist might be prettier than him.
    Ch 82 - Five years of seclusion has passed. MC is 21 and ML is 17.

There are many other moments when ML is thinking or doing something and MC misunderstands.

18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, we get a bit of modern suddenly...

MC and ML were making a breakthrough in cultivation to Yuanying realm (related to space-time) and the mental heart demon/tribulation attack tries to trick MC that he went to modern world... but it doesn't work because MC immediately thinks of ML -->wait, we were breaking through, what is this tribulation and where's ML-->ML bursts through the door and stickies onto MC-->they bust through the tribulation in record time. XDDD

Anyway, shortly after they become Yuanying realm, they go outside and vampire bug invasion has begun~ and fight for the 'rain field' barrier and against the demons. Blah blah, lots of fighting. Oh, and a couple poor people got roped into ML's combat training. They came out looking like 3/4 dead. XDDD

They also encounter a demon who says he got tricked into becoming a demonic cultivator. He gives them some valuable info in exchange for staying alive and possibly becoming human again. (he got betrayed by a close friend and had some other unfortunate things happen to him). He also seems to know Lin Xiaotian and mentions that if they aren't sure about him, they can talk about him with him. Just mention something about 'wonton noodles' (grr MTL even makes food sound weird). Bet you can guess who this guy is now... Hint: that 'black history' Lin Xiaotian tries not to remember. XD

Anyway, deal goes through because Lin Xiaotian's face goes red upon hearing that 'wonton noodles' message and he confirms he knows him. Later Lin Xiaotian goes to a lot of effort to bring this guy's human body back (his soul seems to have been removed somehow for demonic cultivation... he's Yuanying level as a demon). He looks scholarly like the protag, but inside he's not scum. He's 200% black belly; despite being mortal, he got poor Lin Xiaotian into bed with him so smoothly AND topped him it's still black history. LOL.

Blah blah, more fighting, they team up to kill a major demon figure (some succubus type). Then it's off to a different war front.

Started skimming some after this, since it's mostly action. They eventually kill vampire bugs, then go after demon army and demon commander. As for protag... he got his body taken over by some demon elder's soul/spirit and the mother bug. His body morphs into some half human, half bug abomination as a result. He's actually sorta become the mother bug himself... O.O

But as a result of this body takeover fight, protag as we know it doesn't really exist anymore... the bug's mind is superior, protag secondary and suppressed. ML is delighted because protag... well, according to him, one of reasons protag had him sacrificed/killed in previous timeline was because ML refused to join his harem. In his opinion, it's well deserved. MC feels bad for protag, but gets down to business. Even when protag surfaces briefly to plead for his life, MC & ML continue the extermination because it was protag's own bad choices that got him to where he is now. Which is a good thing... because to the end, protag was thinking about using MC as some kind of tripod furnace (AKA sacrifice). But ML can apparently read minds or something now, because he catches this and gets ANGRY. No one touches MC. (╯ `□ ') ╯ ┻ ┻ ┻

ML taunts protag that the other ex-harem members found their own sweethearts, protag is in denial, then queen bug's spirit starts absorbing and kills off protag's. Final battle... ends up not really existing, because I think protag ended up self-destructing with queen bug. Even the 'rain field' where this takes place gets damaged/shaken up. But through MC's efforts, another world (?) gets created and the demons are super enthusiastic about moving there instead; they're willing to forget about fighting with humans in favor of all the heavy demonic energy there. Plus by this point, everyone's tired of fighting~

Then there's a mini-arc wrapping up the minor plot about the dragons and dragon bloodlines, then happy ending.

Happy ending is pretty funny: MC and ML go through final tribulation and ascend together to the level that they can travel between worlds. (together, because MC is afraid ML will go berserk if they ascend separately and ML can't find him) After they arrive in empty space, a funny robot leaves them with the message, 'welcome to the blahblah federation/alliance, the nearest world is a science and technology world, blah blah' then leaves. ML tries to wheedle MC by saying he's afraid, and MC is indignant and angry. XDDD

Extras involve the side characters/pairings in the novel.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  19. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Wasn't this thread posted on Thursday? Did you seriously read through all that in just a few days!?!? SERIOUS RESPECT. Thanks for all the spoilers. Gonna take a shot at MTL now... 475 chapters huh... good luck me.

Do we have the names of the MC, ML, and protag?

By the way, I find it hilarious that with all these trendy transmigration novels, MC and protagonist no longer mean the same thing.

Hiura, creizreiz, Emoral and 11 others like this.
  20. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed the last 100 or so chapters lol, I lost my patience.

MC (after transmigration): Xu Ziyan
    ML: Xu Zirong
    protag: MTL name is 'white birch' but I assume it's something like 'Baihua'

Hiura, creizreiz, wraven881 and 3 others like this.