Movie John Wick 2

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by J-Mitch, Sep 17, 2017.

1. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    So, when you think about the very few movies where the second installment is better than the first., I often don't see many. In fact, I can't really recall one.

Well, today, I've finally found it.

And it is John Wick 2.

Actually, I had reservations of watching the sequel to the now going to be 3 part series. The first movie was more of a time spender. I did it to waste time 'cause I was bored. At first I found it a nice action movie, only to get in a yawn or three from watching it. It was longer than necessary, and the story was just not enough for such length. Action scenes were good, and the characters unique, just... it didn't seem like a solid thing.

But John Wick 2, not only did they bring the action, they made it much more... As usual, the movie doesn't delve into someone's past. They just show that there is a connection, and the importance that has in the sequence of events. It's pretty simple and straight forward. But the impeding circumstances for every action and the ever growing world he is a part of, makes the movie quite intriguing.

So, for an action movie of it's demographic, I see it as one of the top out there. And it can even bode well for those who are not into looking for a pure action movie, but just want to see something cool.

The only con that was glaring was it was indeed a bit too long here, not as much as the first movie, of course. Action movies, or any action scene, book or on screen, should be short and explosive. It's an adrenaline rush, but like an adrenaline rush, having it for too long will kill you. In this case, start to bore you to sleep. But just when I was starting to get droop, things changed, and I am interested in watching Movie #3. Such a meaningful ending. Well, Can't wait :3

[​IMG]

Trailer:

2. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    the "mass" thinks that the sequels can be better:
    Aliens
    Terminator 2
    Star Wars Empires Strikes Back

Wujigege likes this.
  3. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    The 'mass'? I never referred to anyone as such.

And OMG, Aliens. Sequels were better.

Terminator 2... can't recall. I was not old enough to remember much of that movie.

Star Wars... Never watched the original movies. Watched the new ones they made...

I'm not saying sequels are always worse, but often, a better than the #1 as #2 in a sequel is hard to find.

4. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    those 3 sequels are universally thought as better than the original, for the SW i agree
    for the Alien, Terminator i don't

and you have to watch all those! :D

5. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't enjoy John wick 2 as much as i did the first one.

6. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think John Wick killed a lot more people than Rambo though...

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Back to the Future Sequels were awesome