Question Kaze no stigma

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Upheaval, May 24, 2017.

1. Upheaval

Upheaval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i wanted to start reading it, but i noticed that the author is dead. I want to ask to fellow readers some question about this novel.
    To my understanding the novel is incomplete, and is divided in Kaze no stigma and the side story version (Kaze no stigma - Ignition).
    My questions are:
    1. Do you recommend me reading this novel?
    2. If the last translated chapter is from volume 6, plot-wise, should i stop reading at the end of volume 6 or should i stop reading at earlier volumes to have a sort of "open ending" without leaving me hanging?
    3. Should I watch the anime? If so, before or after reading the novel?
    4. Ignition should be read at the same time or not?

2. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it but I do know it's not finished because the author passed before he could finish it

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved the Kaze no Stigma anime, and do recommend that you watch it. The novel and anime are very closely related, so you can do both, depending on your preferences. The novel has a darker tone than the anime, though... (MC kills rather than merely defeats his opponents). I think anime to LN might be a better transition, as it's often harder to go from dark to light than light to dark with the same plotline. Or you could read the novel mainly, and then just briefly glance through selected anime episodes. If I remember correctly, 24 episodes of anime = end of Volume 5.