LCD Killing Grounds of Gods and Devils

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 21, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't help but think that the thing that's hurting them the most is their own lack of intelligence. Some examples:

1) The school has two days of food, so they're planning to travel for two days and then head back. Doesn't that mean that people would have been starving for two days by the time that they return?

2) They desperately need everyone to get stronger so that the death of a single individual won't cause the downfall of the group, but they only dabble in power-leveling once and then never bother again.

3) Even when guns were an option and their presence would have dramatically accelerated the growth of the group while minimizing risk, they didn't bother with them.

4) They took forever to make a connection between the Sky Holes and what happened to them.

5) They made no attempt to kill the goblins on the other side of the wall even though doing so would have been relatively easy. They also made no attempt to lure them through the small gate and kill them that way.

6) They made no attempt to bring weapons back to the school, even though doing so would have dramatically increased the options and survival prospects of those left behind.

7) They never even considered eating goblins.

8) They left the relative safety of the supermarket just before sundown while they were being stalked by the Bloody Ape, with no reason to expect that they would find shelter again before nightfall.

9) They sent the MC out to face the Bloody Ape solo even though, when it was introduced, they had determined that it was much much faster than him and a 1v1 would likely result in his death.

10) The MC assumed that he could hit a charging Bloody Ape immediately after turning around in spite of not being able to see it prior to turning. Honestly, that Golden Goblin saved his life if the series was planning to be at all realistic in that fight.

11) They sent all their strongest people and all their weaponry out to find food, but didn't give them the means to carry enough of it back to feed everyone.

12) Even after knowing how to get stronger, they made no attempt to strengthen the people in the school or the scouting team before sending them out. This, in spite of the fact that it was easiest to level people while hiding behind the walls and utilizing the strength of those that had already killed some goblins. Just imagine how many fewer deaths there would have been if everyone had killed at least one goblin before leaving.

13) They charged into a bottleneck to help the goblins slaughter them when there was no need to do so.

14) Strategic thinking is mostly something that happens to them rather than being practiced by them.

And I'm sure that there are other instances that I'm forgetting at the moment. At this point, I'm not sure that there will still be a school left by the time they get around to going back.

Sordahon and Shance like this.
  2. AnAnimal

AnAnimal Idk mane

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this novel is pretty infuriating. Makes you wonder about how smart the author is with all these glaring holes...

3. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read much but don't they go to a third rate school? Is the author perhaps implying they are all idiots lol? Again I didn't read much so I can't say much about this book.

jacobpaige likes this.
  4. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) they planned the trip for two days - meaning after two days, they should already be back with food
    2) people are leveling - don't you see how over half of the remaining group already became tier warriors?
    3) don't think normal weapons will help against higher level monsters
    4) it may be obvious of the connection to the readers but not necessary so for the characters who were disoriented from the incident
    7) would you consider eating goblins? be serious
    8) supermarket ain't safe since its only like half a supermarket with the other sides wide open
    12) human nature - many are cowards or tend to push responsibilities to other more capable people

Eve and crazyboy1200 like this.
  5. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    6) What weapons?

8) Why the hell would they stay? there? It will make them more nervous and they will start questioning each other. The Bloody Ape Dog is intelligent.

9) They didn't know about his true abilities.

14) Do you think all of them are smart? Come on. 3rd rate high school students. Completely normal.

No author is perfect and there are things you haven't thought of either.

6. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Misread?
    2. In any game-like world power leveling would be the goto to a rational person but it'd hurt the story pretty bad. If I was in a game like world I'd be grinding nonstop, literally nothing but eat sleep poop grind. Oh pretty girl trouble? nope gotta grind, obviously not a engaging read though could be funny.
    3. Guns aren't exactly easy to use, and as an american our view on firearms is largely different to the rest of the world.
    4. Disorientation, and there all normal human beings who don't randomly assume novel like events are possible.

too lazy to answer all the rest as they boil down to people can't even hunt animals in modern society how can they brutally hurt humanoids, they are afraid, they'd rather someone else do the work, and theres no set leader to tell them to do all these things even if their thinking it.

7. Eve

Eve Title under construction

Reading List:
    Link
    its like there's just 30ish capable people(?) with some that got peer pressured.
    1000ish cowards who push responsibilities but will envy them gaining power (n)(n)(n)

8. Wowafay

Wowafay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    11) they were sent out to find help, not just find food

9. hellsinker

hellsinker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It takes a long time to starve to death and they don't even seem to ration the food at the school. Nobody seems to even consider eating all the goblins either. Pretty silly.

10. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My issues:

1) The two day time limit seems to be a problem with the author's writing. People can go a week without food, 3 days without water. Do they even have a viable water supply? Seems like water should be the bigger issue.

2) There seems to be a real lack of urgency on the part of the characters we're following with finding food and water, and they don't even seem to have any idea what it is they're looking for. It honestly feels like they are looking for more convenience stores in the middle of the forest. There has been no thought towards scavenging or hunting, the issue of alternative or unconventional food sources hasn't been raised ONCE when that's the entire purpose of their expedition.

3) The fact that the question of eating goblins has not been raised is driving me nuts. They seem to have forgotten their entire purpose of coming out here, they seem more focused on finding an exit (naivety to an absurd level.) Even if they never mentioned eating the goblins, SOMEONE should have mentioned eating the Blood Wolf Ape, given that it's more animal than humanoid. It feels like they're looking for more instant noodle packets and not really searching for a viable food source.

4) I don't understand what they're looking for. They don't seem to know what they're looking for either. They're just walking forward with no plan. They seem to think that they'll find an exit in 2 days and save close to 1000 people.

5) All of this is moot because obviously there is going to be some serious plot armor, deus ex machina shit that will descend saving the day and somehow allowing the players to save their school through no effort of the adventure group aside from their wandering through the forest.

6) I'm assuming that there just isn't an intellectual among the group, no one who is able to think outside the box. More than likely, any of the real problem solving students are back among the thousand people at school. If we consider who was allocated towards this expeditionary group, they only sent the strongest people they had. They might have sent along someone who knew something about botany to maybe determine some potential food sources. Wtf were they expecting to find out in the forest as a food source?

7) There's also the issue of distance, they seem to have no idea that the food source they need to find must be within reasonable distance to the school. Even that supermarket was too far out to supply the school with food given that it took them most of the day walking through a dangerous forest to get there. How will non-combatants possibly gain access to this food? With this in mind, they decide to go FURTHER away from the school. If anything they should be scouting 1/2 km in every direction from the school to find some source of food or water, not walking blindly in one direction for days on end. Of course this doesn't matter because author and they've managed to find three landmarks through arbitrary wandering.

Hopefully future problems that need to be solved in the future will only involve fighting, so us readers won't be frustrated by obvious solutions that the MC and company haven't been considering.

jacobpaige likes this.
  11. justjetlagged

justjetlagged WEEZY F BABY

Reading List:
    Link
    You may think it's infuriating, but I don't think any of these instances constitute a plot hole. Light novel readers always seem to think there's a hole when the author probably just hasn't explained it yet.

The issue I have with it is that it follows reincarnator's example by naming random background characters all of a sudden which is so confusing.

12. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    They've killed around 100 goblins at this point, which means there are around 100 ultra-wood sticks they could have transported back to help equip their classmates since obviously they're going to have to nut-up and start killing goblins at some point.

13. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems like a fun novel to read, from all the comments :D

14. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    1) They were held up mostly by monsters and they haven't actually traveled very far from their school

2) Power leveling is a huge risk especially when it doesn't go with your mission. They are on a fixed schedule they can't constantly subject themselves to harsh training just so that they can survive. They have to worry about the 1000+ people waiting for news. That power leveling you spoke of is just them getting surrounded by goblins and having to fight them of. And how many people would want to continue being on edge with their life constantly in danger? Its best to avoid fighting when you can. Fighting draws stonger creatures as seen with the Ape Dog.

3) If you don't know how to handle a gun its more harm than good. How many Asians are exposed to guns if they are ordinary citizens? I'm pretty sure in most of Asia ordinary citizens are forbidden to own guns. You can't just learn to shoot a gun in a day and with limited ammo they'd only be a solution of a few hours. Even then there is no guarantee that you gain crystals from killing with guns. The female cop's police friends had guns for days and killed hordes of minor goblins and even with the guns they died horrible deaths. Even a gold goblin couldn't handle 3 bullet wounds without flinching, that means greater goblins would have been out of luck in encountering 10's of guns pointed at them. This means that a few police should have been promoted to tier 1 with the amount of killing going on but yet there aren't any signs of the female cop or her fallen comrades having any powers...

4) Well in a chaotic situation like that how do you expect them to think straight? There are 5 stages of grief they went through them

upload_2016-5-20_23-5-21.png
    5) If a large amount of the goblins charged in at one go there would be no chance to stop them. The only reason the gate was impregnable by them was because it was tightly sealed with no amount of holes that they could penetrate by force. We all know that these are regular college kids and none combatant teachers, how would they know complex battle strategy even if you count video game grinding techniques will the goblins actually fall for it and would they be really capable of applying it to real world tactics? A large amount of goblins try to barge through that gate would have 2/3 of that crowd backing up and the ones left getting crowded as the other goblins try to spread out and attack the defenseless students.

6) One word Anarchy. Seriously think this stuff through! What happens in apocalyptic situations? People loos their F'in minds! The men often try to rape the women, men try to take over the school, girls bully other girls, and the weaker people kill themselves or go crazy and try to kill others. With all that aside even trying to bring all of those guns and ammo would weigh them down and make their trip longer bringing them 100x more danger. Guns are limited supply, the station probably has enough to outfit a few hundred if your really spread them out. The students wouldn't know how to use them. A large amount of people shooting would attract tons of noise since this would be something never seen in that world before and animals get curious. That means danger time 100000000000!

7) Would you eat a goblin? It humanoidish and looks like a 13 yr old child... Not to mention that their is a 9 out of 10 chance that it would kill you. It oozes green blood doesn't seem like red meat to me. As a red blooded male I'm pretty sure we are none compatible and none edible. If so the goblins wouldn't just leave the human corpses...

8) That supermarket would have been a death trap its too crowded with food and misc, with such an agile creature it would reek havoc in such a place. This is also to say even if they decided to stay then what? The Ape already decided they were prey it had an unlimited time to wait while they need to cover as much ground as possible even with a few hours to spare.

9) It was his idea and he was sure that he could do it. If they continued like that the ape would forever play hide and seek while picking them off one by one. Plus the MC would loose out in agility not power or intelligence. Even the Gold Goblin was afraid of his claws that monkey would have been torn just like it was. Intelligence wise there are plenty of things he can do 1v1 but if he had to worry about his companions that goes out the door.

10) Danger sense, that was already explained in the story. He could 'feel' the killing intent and danger. If you get the timing right and the Ape fell at you from mid-air their is no way that the ape could dodge other than using your arm as leverage.

11) They went to look for a source of food and a rescue team (cause they assumed they were still in their own world, again 5 stages of grief). Even with 30 people its impossible to carry enough food for 1000+ people with any kind of tool.

12) Were would they find 1000+ goblins? Even for the 30 man squad there were only 6 outside the gate no matter what they tried only a few more would have been able to get energy and even then there was no guarantee they'd be of help. In the end those who want to kill would have killed goblins.

13) Again regular citizens, unorganized and generally unknowledgeable bout tactics...

14)..... I'm not repeating what I just typed

15. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yeah I agree not the best of plans, but they had to think of something
    2. Well their main purpose is food afterall so powerleveling comes second I guess
    3. Cant remember when this happened
    4. Trauma and disbelief, its reasonable
    5. Unknown situation, and its a 3rd rate school. Dont think we have any geniuses here
    6. I agree, should've left some weapons
    7. Ew, no.
    8. I agree
    9. I think MC killed a few more goblins on the way before meeting Red Dog Ape. So should be op enough
    10. Dunno
    11.Agree
    12. Dunno
    13. Did this happen
    14. Dunno

16. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a great example of how they should have handled it.

17. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    1) They've been very clear on multiple occasions that they plan to go two days out and two days back. Otherwise, they would have turned around and gone back the morning after killing the Golden Goblin

2) I said power-leveling. Like when he was crippling the goblins and tossing them to his friend. If you get people up to level 1, then they'll have a much greater leway to learn how to fight properlly without dying and will be much much more useful to the group as a whole.

3) But they do work agains weaker ones. The police proved that multiple times and what I was suggesting was using them to kill Greater Goblins so that people could level up faster in relative safety.

4) Really? Even when its been all over the news for weeks and they've probably put a lot of thought into what it means and what happened to the people it effected, people that at least some of them definitely knew? Even though there were roughly 2000 of them? Then that just means I'm right: They're idiots.

7) Yes. It'd be digusting and I wouldn't want to do it, but I'd certainly want to establish that it couldn't be done long before it came time to starve. Especially since the next most viable option would be canablizim.

8) So one side open is actually more dangerous than all sides being open?

12) Which is even more reason to have them help out with the power-leveling and/or level up the expedition team before it left.

8) Why would it make them more nervous? Why would the Bloody Ape being intelligent make this a bad idea? If anything, it would make it less likely to attack into a fortified position with limited entrance/exit options.

9) But the MC does and he himself was the one that decided he couldn't handle the Bloody Ape solo when he first saw it. Only plot armor could have allowed him to do so 2 hours later without any significant power upgrades in between.

14) They don't all have to be smart. Just one person in two thousand is enough. Plus, even if you assume that a lack of book smarts and/or money to attend a better university means that you're useless in a fight (bad assumption), there's still the teachers who probably went to much better schools than the one that they teach at.

1) Nope.

2) But that's just not a smart way to live. You have to sleep sometime and you need someone to watch your back when you do. Not to mention the number of people that wouldn't have died if they, or someone else in the party (other than the MC) had been slightly stronger.

3) They are though. Shooting with accuracy may not be easy if you're pointing at small moving targets, but shooting large targets or targets that have been bound by metal wire is still quite easy even without any training. Heck, figuring out how to load the thing is probably the hardest part without some instruction and even that shouldn't be too hard.

4) Already answered this above.

There is a set leader though: the Dean. Or at least, they were all still following his orders when the MC left.

O, I'm not saying that they're plot holes. I'm saying that the characters are all morons.

2) But not as much of a risk as taking people who can't protect you or themselves into a dangerous situation. Also, it would have just required the MC to do what he did for his best friend: stop killing the small fries and cripple them instead. I'm not saying that they should do anything super risky. I'm saying that the people that can safely help the others level should, for their own sakes if nothing else.

3) Already adressed usablity.

You can gain crystals though, or else the cops wouldn't have been tier one (which at least one of them was).

They didn't fight them for days. They ran for their lives on the first day.

4) mostly because there are so many of them, its so obvious and they've likely been thinking about the sky holes for days or weeks or however long it'd been going on.

5) That's why I said to use the small gate. At most 1-2 could come through. A number that was totally manageable for a half dozen people with goblin clubs, even if they'd never killed a goblin before. Also, this isn't complicated tactics. Its very very basic. But if they didn't want to grind goblins through the gate, then they could still have gotten on ladders, climbed up to the top of the wall, and hurled bricks or molotov cocktails (easy to make and they have the materials) at them. It wouldn't be as effecient, but it should still net them a few kills and increase the number of people they have that can 1v1 a goblin.

6) I was talking about the goblin clubs. There wasn't enough ammo to make bringing back the guns matter. Also, people were hadnling it quite well, so as long as the teachers and the more trustworthy students worked hard to stay ahead of the power curve, they should be able to maintain order while drastically improving everyone's odds of survival.

7) if the only other option is eating a human? Absolutely. Also, they already had a ton of goblin corpses and the means to get plenty more.

8) I don't get why so many people seem to think that being in the middle of the forest at night is actually safer than being in a moderately fortified building. To many horror movies maybe?

9) Without agility he couldn't hit so power and intelligence wouldn't matter. As for dealing with it some other way, there's no reason they couldn't use a more intelligent trap. Like having the cop wait a bit and then follow him out so that she could hide and shoot the ape when it showed up. Also, his friend with the stone head would make better bait than him since it likes to aim for the head. Also, the police station might have had something that they could use to make a safer, more effective trap, but they never bothered to check.

10) "Getting the timing right" is something that takes timing an dexperience. He had neither.

11) which is just agreeing with my point.

12) If they run out of goblins, that can only be considered a good thing. But assuming that everyone in the school would be willing to participate in power-leveling is a bit optimistic. A couple hundred is probably more than they could reasonably hope for this early on.

Those 6 were just the ones at the gate, there were more patrolling the walls.

The number of people willing to kill goblins who are stronger than them is much much lower than the number willing to kill crippled goblins or goblins who are weaker than them. This is another benefit to power-leveling.

13) Very basic tactic used in numerous fantasy and sci-fi books which at least 1 of the geeks and/or nerds at a comp-sci technical school would definitely have read.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shio can you link the series page to this?

20. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be a bit too convenient imo.
    Its a 3rd rate school after all