[Kingdom Royale - Unification War] Game 2

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Acarnina, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    INTRODUCTION

So for some reason I was talked into running this... Haa... Errors have been made.
    Too late now, I guess, but I really need to remember not to victimize-I mean volunteer myself so much.
    Let's get on with it. So first of all, there are rules and general information below. READ THEM. I am not as nice or generous as other mods, and if you do not I will very likely answer all your questions with the same statement: Read. The. Rules. End of story. I made it somewhat entertaining, so read everything just in case you missed a joke or reference.
    Second, I like activity so long as that activity doesn't involve me. In theory I should be able to sit back and relax except at the beginning and end of the phases, so I'm going to put that theory into practice. This is also why I don't like observers; they make my job way too much work.
    Finally, I'm busy around this time, and so will likely be late at least once on some message somewhere. It won't be more than an hour if my schedule works the way I want it too. So be patient and don't call me incessantly once I'm three minutes late.
    I figure that's all. So now on to the aforementioned rules.

RULES
    1. Sign up at http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kingdom-royale-interest-thread.12055/. Each game will be hosted on a different game thread.
    2. No private messages between participants about the game (meta-gaming). Private messages for other purposes are allowed. Obviously.
    3. You are forbidden from giving any form of clues/hints/or [Kingdom Royale] related remarks outside from this thread and your secret conversation chat rooms.
    4. While I appreciate that RL takes precedence, please inform me if you're going to disappear for a while. I can always shoehorn someone else in there.
    5. Observers are forbidden from giving any form of clues/hints/or [Kingdom Royale] related remarks to the players. Seeing as they don't exist, it shouldn't be too difficult. As for Ghosts, they are expected to contemplate every conceivable meaning of the phrase "Silent as the Grave".
    6. Global forum rules apply. I'm reasonably certain you've read them by now, but if not it's a wonderful time to correct that, no?

GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW
    1. Days will be 24 hours long, unless of course the GM says otherwise. Reasons for doing so include players voting to end early, me feeling like it, or whatever reason I happen to come up with at the time. Nights will be 48 hours, divided into two 24 hour phases.
      • It is suggested to all players that if they do not have any intent of doing other actions on the current phase, that they vote to end it earlier so as to not delay the game unnecessarily. I might ignore it, of course, but it never hurts to try.
    2. Before the [Day Phase] end, each player may select another player to form a private chatroom for the night. This does not need the consent of the other player. Both players will then be transported into a private room, where they can talk, deal, scheme, or attempt to murder each other without anyone else knowing. If a player fails to specify a person, it will default to the "no chat" option.
      • Choosing a partner for the [Night Phase] can be done either on the thread or on your role assignment chat. The partner will be revealed at the end of the Day phase no matter which way you choose, but can be hidden for most of it with the second.
      • Skills unique to roles do not need the player to be on a night chatroom with their targets to be activated. Stabs, on the other hand, do. Because you can garrote someone remotely but not stab them... Yeah. Forum game, people.
    3. Each role has different victory conditions. The game ends when all surviving players have met their victory conditions. If you're still alive by then, you've probably won. If not, well...
    4. All players start with 10 HP. Yes, 10. So get to stabbing. Very important, that, especially if you don't have a one click kill option. (PS: that's everyone but assassins, in case you can't figure it out).
    5. All players will recover 1 HP at the beginning of [Day Phase] (until sudden death is active).
    6. All players are given a knife, which can be used to [Stab] the other players regardless of roles. Stabs may be done once per cycle, either day or night.
      The knife will disappear once it has been used it to stab someone. A new knife will be given to each player who has lost it on the next day. You cannot have more than one knife at a time.
    7. Each [Stab] will reduce the remaining HP of the target by 4, unless they defend.
    8. Attacking with the [Stab] action during daytime will be announced to everyone, whereas attacking at night will only be announced to the target (in the night chatrooms). However it can only be done to the attacker's conversation partner.
    9. Defend mechanic:
      • If you still hold a knife (refer to point 6) and you're stabbed at the [Day Phase], you can 'defend' against stabs, and the damage received will be halved to 2 HP.
      • If a player set up stab (and is set up to be stabbed) at the same time through scheduling, I shall deem defend to not happen. All attacks are received in full.
        For example, if A scheduled to stab B at end if day and B scheduled to stab C at the same time, the scheduled stab to B shall be received in full.
      • In simpler terms than the above: once you start to stab, you lose defend. Unless you can defend and stab at the same time, which is very tricky. So I'm going to go ahead and say you lot can't.
      • At the [Night Phase], the defend mechanic does not apply.
    10. You can schedule your [Stab] actions with a conditional order. Any consequences or chaos that may result from such conditionals are entirely your fault.
    11. Roles will NOT be announced upon death. Nor will players be informed of their remaining HP. We save all that for the game end.
    12. If THREE cycles (day and night) have passed OR five players have been eliminated, sudden death will occur. During the sudden death, no HP will be regenerated.
    13. Double death is a stupid gimmick and everyone knows it.
    14. If amazingly the game goes on for SIX cycles (day and night), the Mummy end is not triggered. Instead I'll just kill everyone myself. I have infinite knives, remember?

Possible Conditions for [Stab] Schedule
    You can set up whatever conditionals you want for stabs. I will then interpret them however I want, and any confusion will result in the worst possible outcome for you. I'm pretty good at making sure of that.

Story
    There were three major kingdoms in the continent of Hell. Of course, the questions of why they named their continent Hell and how only three kingdoms existed in medieval times on a continent, leading to people asking whether or not this continent was possibly an island instead, are not going to be answered. I don't care, after all.

The North, West, and East Kingdoms always kept on fighting one another, making the wars in Hell last for eternity, filled with suffering and hatred. Because tautology is important in writing. Oh, right, then they combined and it stopped, so the use of 'always' and 'eternity' is a bit... Whatever, it's fiction, ok?

Until they got bored, so they decided to stop and thought: "Hey, why don't we make one super big and supreme kingdom!? What could could go wrong with that!?" Though once again we must ask ourselves whether it was boredom, lack of resources, or perhaps intercontinental diplomacy from the great empire of NUFdom ruled by @Tony. But as the Galactic Republic in Episode I showed us, no one cares about intercontinental diplomacy. On to the fight scenes, please.

So about those fight scenes... As anyone with half a wit can tell you, some international power drawing lines on a map based on where their pen runs out of ink tends to not a peaceful nation make. Once the whole diplomacy by force thing ended the three kingdoms went back to fighting against each other, except this time they couldn't wage war because technically on paper they were one kingdom and doing that inside one kingdom is called terrorism and isn't exactly allowed. So instead, they created a new kind of war: politics. With knives. What did we call that again? Oh right: aggressive negotiations.

Are we sure this wasn't based on Star Wars?

In the middle of said aggressive negotiations one of the kings decided that because they were being threatened they needed to threaten everyone else, because of course that would result in nobody threatening them back. It didn't work (shocker) and so they killed all but one of them. Who immediately decided to terminate their contract and become a free agent warlock. Yep, that could have worked out better, don't you think?

Being that that looked absolutely insane, perhaps because it was, the other kings forced together in this arbitrarily drawn kingdom decided they should be king instead. After all, they were obviously smarter than the moron who killed all their allies, and intelligence is required to run a kingdom, so obviously they were better suited for it and all. But democracy hadn't been invented yet, and it's impossible to reason with a madman, so they decided to take over the only way they could: bloody violence, of course! They hired a couple of assassins, brought along a pair of incendiary sorcerers, and as an afterthought grabbed a couple of guardian's in case the other kings had the same ideas. Then all eight of them went to visit the castle of the North King whose idiot purge had started this whole mess.

Still a better love story than Twilight, if you ask me.

Now on to the violence!

ROLES
    There are five roles in the game, with different ability and victory conditions.

Being of a specific region DOES NOT affect gameplay in any manner, this is a Free For All game, not a team game. ( eg: The West Sorcerer and West Guardian are NOT allied to the West King in any manner. ) In other words, you can still kill everyone else.

[King] (3)
    When @Tony's Empire of NUFdom decided to choose a ruler for the Kingdom of random lines, they obviously rolled a dice because there's no other way they would have picked this guy. Paranoia, schizophrenia, ADHD, and delusions are just the start of the list of mental issues this wonderful human being has. If they had a word for it they'd probably call them Chunnibyou too.

Of course, their madness is also a method. They just happens to be great at forging the signatures of their fellow kings and as such can give orders to their servants without revealing themself. Oh, and they happen to be very skilled with a knife as well, probably from cutting off all their allies' heads.

If this moron takes over the Kingdom it seems apparent it will collapse in a month, either due to rebellions or whatever power hungry and similarly delusional heir they produce. But it's not like the Empire cares.
    The rich gold mines of the old Western Kingdom have made this the wealthiest of the three 'Kings'. So of course the Empire decided they'd be great as a finance minister, because obviously the person who monopolized all the gold illegally wouldn't skim a bit off the top for themself. That would be immoral.

The best day of their life was when they heard the North King was killing everyone in the castle and they just happened to be on vacation (to their gold filled swimming pool). Immediately picking up their favorite Sorceress (who cast the spell of gold breathing on them) and greatest guardian (who protected the keys to his bank account) they set off for the North King's castle, sending a letter and a small house of gold to the assassins guild on the way.

They're only after the kingdoms finances and would probably bankrupt it in a month, but again the empire doesn't really seem to care. Oh, and they have a kid just as greedy as them, though with a slightly smaller swimming pool of gold.
    Because rolling dice was the preferred method of authority granting employed by the empire, it stands to reason they sometimes get lucky. Such as with this brilliant ruler of the Eastern Port cities, the most prosperous and happy of the old Kingdoms. Highly competent, deviously brilliant, and of course a winning personality make up the super gorgeous and wonderful East King.

They only decided to march on the North Castle for the greater good, at the behest of their people. The evil and ignorant kings of west and north had to go, for the people.

Of course all of that is a bit irrelevant in the face of their overwhelming vanity which has them preening in front of a mirror 25 hours a day, but still, they are quite skilled when that's not going on. They are wondering, though, how good the crown would look with their best robes, and against the backdrop of a gilded throne.
    • [Murder]
      He can select a player he wants to kill and request the [Sorcerer]s or the [Guardian]s to execute this action. The order will only go to the [Guardian]s if the [Sorcerer]s are both dead. [Murder] may only be activated once during the [Night Phase], and must be used during the first half of the Night. The [Murder] order is annulled at the end of the [Night Phase].
    • [Protect]
      Once per night, the King may order the Guardian to protect another player from [Assassination], but the same target cannot be protected twice in a row. Again, this order must be sent in the first half of the night phase.
    Victory conditions for a [King]: To secure the throne. (Elimination of the other two [King]s and the two [Assassin]s.)

[Guardian] (2)
    A pair of unscrupulous orphans who were raised to value only one thing in this world: money, money, and more money. So long as they are being paid, all is right with the world, no matter how many knives they must take to do so. So right now, the conflict between three potential employers is a great opportunity for them to win a wonderful salary in the bidding war they are sure will start soon.

Their loyalties lie in only one place: with the highest bidder. Which of course means whichever king happens to be alive at the end of this and can offer them a job, castle, and title of nobility. Oh, and the stupid Warlock who wants them dead needs to go as well. They're not sure how they pissed that mage off, but he is getting in the way of their payday.
    • [Guard]
      If at least one [King] and one [Sorcerer] are alive, and they are given a [Protect] order, they can place one other player under protection and prevent assassination from affecting them. The [Guardian] must accept one of the [Protect] orders they receive. They can receive up to 3, one from each king.
    • [Deathblow]
      If both [Sorcerer]s have perished, the [Guardian]s will receive [Murder] orders and can choose whether or not to act upon them. They may accept up to one out of three that they receive.
      The targeted player will die due to beheading by the end of the [Night Phase].
    Victory Conditions for the [Guardian] To guarantee a comfortable job. (Survival of one [King], Elimination of the [Warlock].)

[Assassin] (2)
    A Dark Guild from the Empire of NUFdom specializes in assassinations, murders, and espionage. Led by @Tony's right hand man @Satan, who some say is just @Tony in disguise, this guild will take on any job for money. The only issue: one must make sure to set a maximum number of casualties, because they're notorious for going overboard.

Unfortunately the Kings of East and West didn't know this when they contacted the Dark Guild to kill the other two kings but themselves, because those assassins decided they should just kill all their kings and their guardians too for good measure. The magic users can stay; they're all planning to kill each other anyway. So, chanting their motto they sneak into the meeting under the patronage of the West and East Kings, preparing their poisoned knives and garrote wires.

Oops... It seems everyone at the meeting is immune to poison. Well, back to plan A then.
    • [Assassination]
      He can assassinate the selected player. [Assassination] may only be activated during the [Night Phase]. The targeted player will become a strangulated corpse at the beginning of the [Day Phase].
    Victory Conditions for the [Assassin] To kill people. Lots of people. (Elimination of all [King]s and [Guardian]s)

[Sorcerer] (2)
    In the pursuit of knowledge, strange things happen to people. Such is the case with the obsessive sorcerers of the East and West Kingdoms. All they desire is to study magic, but they have recently learned that there is only one library in the kingdom with the knowledge of insects they seek. And right now a warlock who only likes flowers controls it.

The solution is obvious, from the perspective of these obsessed researchers: everyone else who touches the books must die. Sharing? Is that tasty? No, only murder can guarantee successful research, and only blood can ensure a consistent budget. Murder and blood through fire. Oh. Right, they're also both pyromaniacs.

But they both have the same thought process. When it comes to magic: there can only be one.
    • [Sorcery]
      He can choose whether to sorcerously kill one of the players that were selected by [Murder]. [Sorcery] may only be activated during the [Night Phase]. The targeted player will become a burnt corpse by the end of the [Night Phase]. Sorcery can be used on only one player each night, out of the up to three targets received.
    • [Anti-Magic]
      He cannot be killed by [Sorcery]. You can't burn a pyromaniac that easily, you fool. He will know he was targeted, of course, but it will only be a light burn. Maybe it will help him develop a tan?
    Victory conditions for the [Sorcerer] To assure his post. (Elimination of the other [Sorcerer] and the [Warlock].)

[Warlock] (1)
    The only person who survived the purge of the North King, their greatest secret is that they only escaped because the North King thought they were a tree, and that trees couldn't betray them (three days later the North King purged all trees from their castle, but they had left long before that). They are a mage in tune with nature and the dark arts, specializing in deception and information warfare. Like most magic users they have anti-magic of their own, but they can use it on others as well as themselves.

However, their kind is almost extinct, hunted down by the more violent and dangerous sorcerers that now rule the Kingdom's magic guilds. While they still control the library of magic, they need to get rid of these new sorcerers before they are killed as well. But without any method of killing on their own, they need an ally to help them with that. Fortunately, a great deal of chaos and violent potential has been prepared at this meeting. Seeing their chance, they seize it to take vengeance and ensure a future. Both against the Sorcerers that destroyed their kind, and the guardians who assisted in that destruction of nature.
    • [Murder Spy]
      The [Warlock] will always receive the [Murder] orders.
    • [Divination]
      Once per [Night Phase], you can use a spell to identify the role of one player. The results of [Divination] will be delivered at the end of the the [Night Phase]. The target player will not be informed of their identification.
    • [Spell Shield]
      Every [Night Phase], the [Warlock] can choose one player (including themself) and make them immune to [Sorcery]. However, [Spell Shield] cannot be used if [Divination] was used. Further, [Spell Shield] cannot be used on the same player two nights in a row.
    Victory conditions for the [Warlock] To take revenge for their people. (Elimination of all [Sorcerer]s and [Guardian]s)

EXECUTION ORDER

1. Scheduled [stab] at the end of [night phase].
    2. The results of [Divination] are delivered.
    3. The targets of [Murder] become burnt or beheaded corpses at the end of [Night Phase] if applicable.
    4. The targets of [Assassination] become strangulated corpses at the beginning of the [Day Phase] if applicable.
    5. All players recover 1 HP if applicable.
    6. Scheduled [Stab] at the start of [day phase] if applicable.

PLAYER LIST
    OTHER
    • Observers and Ghosts: You don't exist. Keep it that way.
    • Rules: Read the above. If you still have a question after that, you have my permission to ask.
    • Summary: After telling you to read three times, do you really think this is happening?
    • Flavor Text: I don't believe in it.
    • Chaos: Let the Lord of Chaos rule. In other words: the more, the better. :D
    Day 1:
    @Zone Q11 stabbed @Arcturus. She defended.
    @Arcturus stabbed @Zone Q11 undefended!
    @erichninja stabbed @Arcturus undefended!
    Day 2:
    None
    Day 3:
    @Zone Q11 stabbed @kyuukestu. He defended.
    @DRECK stabbed @kyuukestu. He defended.
    @kyuukestu stabbed @Zone Q11 undefended!
    @Pyoo stabbed @DRECK undefended!
    @brasca123 stabbed @kyuukestu undefended!
    @Bielt stabbed @Zone Q11 undefended to death!
    @Spfere stabbed @DRECK undefended!
    Day 4:
    @DRECK stabbed @Spfere. He defended.
    @brasca123 stabbed @kyuukestu to death!
    @Spfere stabbed @DRECK undefended to death!

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    iampsyx, Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.
  2. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
  3. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda Strange how I got the alert the moment I got on

4. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Role assignments sent. Day 1 ends in 23 hours and 47 minutes according to my clock. Whatever time that is UTC, don't feel like calculating it myself.

Also, I didn't do any of the role PMs in the same voice, so you may want to keep that in mind. I may or may not post all of them at the end. Probably not.

I'm not tagging. Y'all can read the first 4 posts, right?

5. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *rolls in*

Well, it took a while to read all that, you really changed a lot on the flavor... Oh well, it's still quite fun, so I don't mind it! Good job Lina-chan! \(^^)/

I'm choosing @A5G_Reaper as my partner for the Night Phase.

And end the Day Phase early please!

Zone Q11 likes this.
  7. DRECK

DRECK 【3rd Disciple Dark Angel】【True Dragon God】

Reading List:
    Link
    @Pyoo as my partner for the Night Phase
    End the Day Phase

8. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    I get mentioned for no reason way too often ;(

9. Spfere

Spfere [Tea sampler] ༺ Ruyi's father ༻

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to have a night time chat with @erichninja

and end Day phase early please.

10. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    I will talk to @Pyoo

11. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats and hugs grandpapa~*

Ill pick kyuu

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I pick @Bielt
    vote to not end day phase.

13. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    I chose to roll!

*Rollrollroll~~~ >w<)*

14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    I pick arc the cat!

15. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    I vote to end day

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs grandpa*

Your name is just too taggeable! >.<

17. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminder: If Zone posts walls, then they are definitely filled with at least 50% of comments.
    You remind me of a certain child who has fallen into the underground...
    Nice use of tautology. (y)
    - And how did it end? Bad.
    - {Says the one who is about to join the aggressive negotiation.}
    - Welp. I'll wing it somehow.
    Dunno. Probably and probably not.
    If he didn't have mental issues, then yes. But we are talking about our Northern King here.
    There is no love in this story... so Twilight's plot is that bad?
    How the heck did he focus if he had ADHD...?
    - Gold filled swimming pool... wouldn't that hurt?
    - What is gold breathing?
    - Pressure on the Guardian there... I wonder whether you will add a flavour text of the Western Treasury as well if he dies.
    - "A small house of gold"... is that a real house or a metaphor?
    Why does this worry me more than the whole description of the Western King, I wonder?
    Probably so-so.
    Wow. Good constitution.
    Why is there only one library? If there were three kingdoms before the unification, then one would at least expect three libraries... did something happen to the other two?
    Weird. There is no mention about hatred against the Northern King, who had wanted them dead. ...don't tell me the Warlock is the only person with actual flowers in their head?
    Even though you did write them for all of us? Thank you for that by the way.

19. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Then, I will choose @Pyoo as well.

20. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link