LCD Knight's and Magic

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Fred7gold, Jan 20, 2016.

1. knighteem

knighteem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, i want to ask, how's the anime??
    I have been stockpiling the anime and i think its abt time to watch it but i just watched the 1st ep.
    The result: I have this horrible feeling of expectation and dissapointment. Like WTH. They compiled majority of the 1st vol within 1 ep. it feels like the whole of vol 1 = 2 ep and WTH is this slapstick comody like feeling on the intro. I generally view this series as a serious with some light casual banter in btwn but the anime... the horror..

The anime clearly shows quite a rush story. They skip and changed many things in just the 1st ep. Many pre behemoth events are shorten to just a quick glance and lousy narration. The plot armor has many holes. i haven watch the 2nd ep and vol 1 should be over with it. im extremely worried that when LN vol 5 comes too quickly. i can already see it does. i can already see that the anime will reach further than the current translated chapters. Im conflicted on the feeling of wanting to see and not spoiling myself.

PLZ can someone tell me, does it get better over time or do i have to live with this anguish in my heart. Where 1 of my most fav series, just got a crappy anime released. I know it can be a good series if taken the time and done right but is what we have now good that i should keep going? i feel like i might be disillusion on smtg if i cont watch the anime. I didnt intent for this to be a rant but somehow it becomes one.

2. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't watched the anime not do I think I will in the future but ot seems that it got good Review so maybe it won't be a dissapointing for you.

3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the tone in the novel more serious? The anime feels so silly at times but it is definitely not bad

4. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime is more combat focus, so all the slice-of-life moments are compress/rush or skip over as narration.

It's not bad, but the combat does not feel exciting at all to me.

5. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The beginning was quite rushed but especially now at the Zaloudek arc things are much better at least from my point of view.

6. knighteem

Reading List:
    Link
    The novels has a good balance of character building, seriousness and slice of life moments, in my opinion. The time it takes to properly build up the character is a lot better than the short narration only the anime explained. I feel the anime has a lot of cheesy moments too. The fights aren't bad but i feel its overly exaggerated. The novels doesnt show the robots hav that much capability to jump high in the air like in the behemoth fight (anime).

Tho there is no need to go into details, it just doesnt feel that sync with the novels. I cant expect much in most anime adaptations T_T

Ahh maybe this anguish feeling comes from knowing the source material (novel) and watching it changed to fit production (anime)

LazyLuong and Wujigege like this.
  7. chopin124

chopin124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The combat seems less personal to me, because in the anime the characters aren't really given time to breathe, I think the inclusion of a 'narrator' really weakened the anime for me.

It was nice to finally see the characters in motion, but I always find myself going back to the novel :/
    Time constraints seem to be why everything has been distilled to hurr durr this anime is all about clashing robots (rather than the arms race and the insane obsessives behind it/robo nerd and girl who fell 'in love'/'in body pillows' with a loli (?) trap) meh... I personally thought the Toybox was a little underwhelming (^_^') but then again it's hard to fulfil everyone's expectations with an adaptation due to the millions of interpretations novels inspire...

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Stealth

Stealth Elegant Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    usually in mecha anime the charm is at robot fight robot, n with how KnM pace, no doubt need 24 ep if do seriously. so they cramped as much as possible until western storm arc that have robot vs robot, n maybe cheaper that way...

9. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But thats the thing with this novel it wasn't only about Robots, it should include the magic aspect as well, it was risky to join the two elements but it would be great to actually pull that off. I will admit the lately chapters of the novel saddly is focusing to mutch in the mecha department but maybe it picks up later.

knighteem and Wujigege like this.
  10. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let the rage consume you Luke.

CountryMage likes this.
  11. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    That Doroteo...doesn't realize that Eru was able to free up the controls of that ship enough, that he probably only had to accommodate one other person...so all that space could be used for weapons.....

12. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Sacrificial dance!

SACRIFICE FOR THE DEMON GOD!!!!!

13. gwendaal

gwendaal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eru if given enough time might make some transform robots not like transformer because they are lame.

14. Luna Slothful

Luna Slothful Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more gundams then?

15. Fifi6969

Fifi6969 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should probably treat the ln and anime as entirely different story. Ln has well develop story while anime has great robot fight scene.

16. fireutsie

fireutsie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are we in the novel as of episode 10 of the anime?

I remember reading the novel a year or 3 back. But I think I dropped it somewhere around volume 2. Wanted to pick it up again but I don't want to reread everything.

17. knighteem

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole anime is compiled with 5 volumes. I still haven watch the anime so idk which part r u talking abt but it is most likely at volume 4. The anime should end with the final chapter of the novel for vol 5 too. Or at least i think. Maybe might hav another chap. I saw the latest ep 12 cuz my friend wanted to watch using my hp. I was shouting WTH at how the plot ends and divert from the novel. I think they changwd a major plot ending just to fit the anime.

18. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    There are parts that the Narrator suddenly appears and timeskips from a few days upto a few months. The biggest timeskip is at episode 1.

If you overlooked the fast forwarding of some parts then the anime is good. It could have been better if they were given atleast 2 seasons but goodluck with that because some parts are just plainly boring and mind straining due to explanations.

19. fireutsie

fireutsie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I've finished the anime now including episode 13. At which volume would you recommend me resuming at?

20. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Times like these I think Ady isn’t worthy of MC, not being able to understand his only passion. Or maybe it’s the Author fault? I always thought Ady would be a OP knight of the Kingdom one day