LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    *Taboo System Initialize*
    playing video...
    Hi there is your name Jimmy? No? Never mind I'll just call you Jimmy.
    Do you want to know the truth of the world, that will shatter the security you feel in your identity? No? Well too bad, I will tell you anyway. :)
    The world you currently live on is a drifting rock in space, that is only kept livable by the continued cycle of reincarnation of souls like yours. Souls that have been cut off from the greater universe, and will never experience a real afterlife. :D
    I know what you must be thinking. "This sounds like a reasonable price to pay for a healthy life, and helping to ensure the safety of the other inhabitants of this planet.":LOL:
    Well, Jimmy, that's where the catch is, your world is still dying. :unsure:The amount of souls originally poured into it, should have repaired the damage to the planet, given the living magical skills and stats, and kept enough of a surplus to allow the souls to get the occasional break, a pseudo afterlife. Unfortunately, there have been discrepancies in the management of souls, leading to a deficit.:oops:
    As things stand, your world may cease to exist along with every soul still entered into the system.:(
    But what can be done you ask, well let me tell you Jimmy, there are solutions, but you might not like them. In order to repair the damage your planet is currently suffering from, you would need to feed the majority of the souls currently available, back into the system. This means that they would have to die in their current life. Not only that though, since the system has been in the red for so long, leaving no leeway for a break, so many of these souls have already been worn down to the limits, and will be left irrecoverable after this purge....
    Well, there you have it jimmy, the truth of the world. Do with it what you will.(y)
    *Taboo System Ending*

2. Slaynbr

Slaynbr {Scholar} Asylum's Oji-chan |StormBringer| Ossan

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally imagine D giving this discourse without looking to the screen while playing MMORPG with her old bald guy.

CountryMage likes this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    She was probably using the same headset, with muted cursing at other players recorded in the background.

Slaynbr likes this.
  4. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    with a lollipop (or another candy) in her mouth, and lots of her special coffee cans spread around the room.
    Typical NEET.
    This reminds me of NHK youkoso haha

CountryMage likes this.
  5. Cimohai

Cimohai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how many translator working on this series ?

the latest release table shows that there are 2 translator, blastron and turb0 translation

which one should i choose if i want to start reading this series ?

6. zeus

zeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    turbo translation is mtl and edited by himself with japanese terms untraslated such as the usual san chan kun sama and other words like that
    blastron is fully translated in english without japanese words and much higher quality than turbo but it hasn't catched up till where raising the dead took up the project so it's up to you if you chose blastron then you will have to go to turbo after you finish reading all of blastron's tl and from turbo to raising the dead.

Anonymousbb likes this.
  7. Cimohai

Cimohai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i see, i will try blastron first and see how it goes from there.
    thanks for the reply

8. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit late, but I'd recommend Blastron up until wherever he's at, and then Turbo. Turbo translated fast and while it's decent, it's not the best quality. Blastron's translations are very high quality, though they may not be to your tastes if you like things like suffixes untranslated. Personally, I like the full Anglicization, so I was happy with it.

zeus likes this.
  9. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's been a pleasure knowing you. I hope we can cross paths in the future. Yen Press bought the rights to this so who knows what'll happen.

10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    We do WN though?
    I mean.... some people still keep their WN shit up after the LN has been licensed, because the story is so different...

11. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Yen press has taken down wn translations before

12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that was mainly because the story was exactly the same, like the first 5 novels of Tate no Yuusha?

Let's just hope the author gets some creative sparks

13. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the story pretty much over already? They beat the main enemy. So unless the author plans to pull a curve ball by having Yamada wake up and come to the conclusion that instead of killing all the humans for energy and resetting, to kill the 3 gods, make them into humans and use their god energy to restore the place. Then Kuro ends up siding with Yamada.

Unless they pull that off, it should be just a wrap up from here.

That said, Kumo Desu-ga nani is popular enough that the author has swag. Just like Death March which even after licensing was able to keep WN running. Though they did change a ton on the LN making it 10X worse.

14. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    dont forget that yamada's imouto is on the verge of starting another disaster while muttering onii-sama i will save you~♥♥♥

15. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt the imouto is at a level that poses any threat to Shiro. Unless another god shows up and assists.

16. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    Like ... D?
    That one lives for entertainment, do you think she will leave such a fun world alone?

17. madghost

madghost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    am i the only one who feels the last few past arc chapters are just repeating the same talk about something in two or three different ways and with little to no information on what we seek. the last arc 5 chapter is the worst

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  18. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I haven't been reading it except if it is a numbered chapter.
    Haven't missed anything important yet.

madghost likes this.
  19. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has become slower these days... but it's still informative. Like now we know about Sariel and even D to some extent...
    IMO it'll be better to let the novel stack a bit now.

20. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna see more of Shiro! ~

TheZephyrStorm and zeus like this.