LCD Law of the devil

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Rreelentless, Jan 10, 2016.

1. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Not just a slave. A pawn. A pawn for the family. A family that looked down on him, even though he had made some accomplishments even before being a mage.

2. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    That's... you being totally unreasonable. The reason they say parents, especially mothers can guess whatever their child is feeling, isn't because of something as vague as 'instinct'. It's because they see the child grow up, watch it develop and look at the child's reactions. They can understand what the child feels because they know everything about the child, as very young children can't really tell good lies and conceal their feelings.

But is that the case in Du Wei's case? Definitely not. Forget everything I said above, as a child, he refused to even TALK.

He completely shut himself, unlike other reincarnators who are pretty open with their new families. I'm sure he had his own sorrows from his past life to deal with, but you can't expect others to understand that. The mother barely knew nothing about Du Wei, and that's his own fault.

Are you saying that the mother should use 'instinct' to realize that the child considered as an idiot by doctors and learned people is actually a reincarnator hiding his skills?

3. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    at least she could convince the earl to let him stay in the main house but he was chased to somewhere else where the butler didn't even respect him

ln_ likes this.
  4. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    that was when he was away from the roland house. after his accomplishment in making money, his dad realize that he was faking the idiot son thing. getting look down on is what duwei was expecting to happen when he act as an idiot. though its ironic how he didn't want to get dragged into becoming the heir and gladly gets removed but somehow managed to get dragged into the throne succession whirlpool instead.

ln_ likes this.
  5. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    She should feel Du Wei is hiding something. You know, I grew up with my grandparents for almost a decade for my parents were both working abroad but my mom still knows I have trouble sometimes without me saying anything. Maybe, I am just trying to associate my experience with Du Wei. Also whether it is Du Wei's fault or not, a mother should never ask something unreasonable to her child. Yes, it may be reasonable for a son to support his father but that only happens when they have bonded. But between Du Wei and the Earl it is non-existent. The father dislikes his son. Du Wei has no feelings for his father. Whether the mother knows this or not, she shouldn't have done this because she should know Du Wei and his father had no relationship or whatsoever. The Earl is just a father in blood not in action or in feelings. So asking Du Wei to support his father is currently unreasonable.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    ln_ likes this.
  6. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    And what makes you think she did not try? Who's to say the reason that Du Wei managed to stay for six years in the main house after his brother was born wasn't because of the mother?

As for the butler respecting him? Please. Yeah, while the butler wasn't outwardly rude, he did look down on him. And what else would you expect, if the person you're supposed to be taking care of is known as the #1 idiot of a city? And while the father was shit to try and assassinate Du Wei, the reason he sent him away was explained.

I'm not really agitated or anything you know? I'm being pretty objective. And yeah, your Mom may be able to see through you, but I doubt you were ever as secretive as Du Wei. His entire outer image to others is a lie. Are you even half as secretive as he is? Even now, the author hasn't explained why he acted as an idiot, and caused grief to his family cos of that.

And yeah, while her expectations, may seem unreasonable, but a mother wanting her beloved child and husband fixing their relationship and thus mending the broken family is pretty normal, albeit unreasonable. And humans aren't perfectly reasonable. Not to mention, this entire mess the family is in, is completely Du Wei's fault. He may have done it in ignorance, but that doesn't change that fact.

ln_ likes this.
  7. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    But apparently, the mother is not doing anything to fix the relationship. She wants the son to help the father immediately. Also, as far as i know, any kid who grew up away from his parents would become secretive. Also, final words before i go to sleep. Du Wei may be at fault but his father is equally at fault (or more) as well.

ln_ likes this.
  8. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    He was secretive, even before he was separated.... As for fixing the relationship, she can't do that. A third party can't fix a relationship, they can only advice.

Oh well, no point debating. Gnight.

ln_ likes this.
  9. Dmxxx

Dmxxx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you want some spoiler?

10. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

11. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    Somethins cookin in the capital.......

12. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    The writing is pretty nice and I love the translation quality.

I think it is about time he stops calling his dad his 'father' and change to something like 'Earl'. I mean, a father who has tried to assassinate his son has lost the right to be his father. I can understand not killing him, and even understanding his actions. However, the position of 'father' means protecting the child no matter what.

Now that it is out in the open, shouldn't the Earl have tried to dispose of him when he called him to the chambers ?

13. Dmxxx

Dmxxx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hes an earl first and a father a second, he have responsibility to have a good heir, and duwei is a magician, so...

14. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Crown prince will kill his father if he is rejected..

15. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a coup basically. I think a war will happen. At this point of the story I'm almost hoping that the crown prince loses and gets killed and prince son gets further ahead.. but the foreshadowing doesn't appear to support that.

16. nikhil

nikhil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think everyone has forgotten to take into account magic union siding with the Prince Son.

That is why he may be so calm and collected.

And Du Wei will finally have to choose sides.... hope he chooses the winning side:) even if the earl dies!!

Also things look bad for the Earl and the oldies gang as they exposed their hands all at once and forgot one important faction!!

17. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    The dude is already 50.. and he has been putting all his life on trying to be the best king.. I feel bad for him and all his retainers.

18. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I wanna know what happened to that dark magic mage who used forbidden magic. Hope he is suffering.

19. Diable

Diable Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    would be really funny if du wai fires his bow at crown prince now while that saint is fighting (Earl's reaction would be hilarious;))

20. mukkaar

mukkaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there still jack sparrow and harry potter stuff after it was introduced in novel? I stopped reading this after stuff became bit silly.