LCD Law of the devil

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Rreelentless, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    there's your answer

2. ln_

ln_ All hail Master Roshi

Reading List:
    Link
    The Earl is just shocked that Du Wei figured everything out and is hence struggling. The rest is just an act so that people will not think he will easily abandon even his son for personal gain. He has to show that this decision is immense and was forced on to him so that he can make good gains without bad reputation.

Eternal Liar likes this.
  3. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh .....damn so he was an bastard after all?

4. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link

5. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    do you guys not read what i post?
    @HolyGuise @ln_ that's the reason for his actions more or less

6. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but somehow my optimism kicked in and said " hey maybe there are decent people in this story, lets misinterpret all his actions as a fatherly person who had no choice but to protect his family!"

7. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    the only decent family member are the madam and his lil bro. the earl have invested too much to back out, losing an 'incompetent' son is acceptable loss to him.

8. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how Du Wei doesn't just off his father, seeing how it would implicate his mother. But seriously i hope something happens to that bastard.

9. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    anything happens to him his mother and cool brother are screwed.
    still want something to happen to him?
    edit: and he was never serious as he knew full well his father's bodyguard would attack him like he did. again he was forcing his father to use the ONLY card that would have the roland family which includes his other son and his wife and du wei's mother survive this double coup d'etat from the two princes

10. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a struggle killing him would relieve my emotional rage but keeping him alive provides a sense of dissatisfaction, but story wise it would be quite interesting if he actually go killed. But since i'm supporting Du Wei's way of thinking i guess i'll lean toward keeping him alive.

11. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    his family has had a massive connection with the current royal family from the beginning and with the magic school they were making du wei would be the decider in all the choices.
    His family and the royal family would want him to be on their side and the magic union would expect him to be their on their side because he was gandalf's disciple the royal family would hate him if he disagrees the mage union would be the same the magic school forced them to do this, it would remove some of their power so they need to ensure they control this new school to ensure they still have the monopoly on magic the original plan was for it to be gandalf the super mage. Du wei was chosen because both groups thought they could get him on their side. the mage union through being gandalfs apprentice and the royal family because he's a member of the roland household
    so if the old prince wins then du wei being a mage scholar fucks the family over.
    If the young prince wins with the fake gandalf then he's seen as an insult for faking his death.
    du wei in both cases fucks his family over regardless of which side wins
    du wei being cut from the family was the only method of damage control that works at this point. him and his father knew this but his father didn't want to do that to his son so du wei forced him to play this hand

12. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    did you forget he already tried to kill him once ? what forced, he was just being indecisive because he was in front of him, it's a lot easier to kill some1 when you haven't seen them for years than do it to their face,
    also seriously that Prince Son is a good schemer, anyways if Son wins then the royals + magic union vs. the temple

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Rreelentless likes this.
  13. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    i cannot remember his name for the life of me but could this fake gandalf be the guy who gandalf told him to find to become his apprentice?

14. ln_

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to agree but the father has already disposed off his son when he tried to assasinate him, put on a fake act, tried to again kill him when he was with Prince Son. So it is all gone past fatherly love.

15. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    that wasn't him who tried to kill him when he was with the crown prince that was the older prince. the roland family doesn't have the pull to get that level of assassins notice how when his father sent assassins it was a military group with elite training and crossbows. whereas the next group was an archer with a godly weapon a saint knight and a high level dark mage.

16. ln_

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. I can agree on this issue. While the father could have simply said something like "we are part of the Crown Prince's circle so avoid Prince Son if possible" or something along those lines instead of keeping him in the dark, it is not a major thing.

What I do not understand is how you can support his father when his father treats him quite unfairly. I mean when he came back after an assasination attempt, the family did not even come to receive him.

His allowance in the mansion was very paltry in the early days. He was given the most lowly soldiers to protect even when he was just going to the Rowland Plains during the early days. His father was not protecting him, it was a plain and simple exile.

Worst of all, during the entire period that he was in Rowland plains, neither of his parents could afford to come see him. (it was several years BTW, not some few months or something of the like that). Even in the Clan Castle the father ensured that the butler had more authority than him. Even some sections of the castle were forbidden for Du Wei.

They never cared about him all these years (and it is fine) so to act like they care in these moments is un-natural. I mean once you have already send a bunch of professional elites to kill him off, what is the mere act of cutting off his lineage.

17. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    did he have any chance of this? any message he would have tried to send to du wei would probably be intercepted by a third party. and he pretty much immediately when home when he got to the capital. he's not supporting his father per say its more his mother who is in the same family and they both know it. the brother was at his tutor the mother wanted to but was held back as his father wanted to talk to him first.

that was a dick move but this was when everyone still thought du wei was a retard, excatly like he wanted everyone to believe to let his brother have the spotlight. he was given lowly soldiers as he did not need high level ones. his father sent him to the plains partly to keep him out of the politics game and as a backup in case his family gets messed up and destroyed so at least one member would survive.

this part is simply busy parents but yeah. the father knew he could not foster any love with son and basically gave up any hope. the mother seems sincere and wanted to meet him but couldn't instead of wouldn't.

the assassins was something his father was disconnected from and a lot easier to cope with. it would have just been something he's told on paper or by a subordinate. nothing to personal so much easier to deal with. but actually doing to your son face to face? much harder. its like the differnece between breaking up over the phone or by text or face to face.

18. ln_

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant when he came to the imperial capital from Rowling plains, he was not greeted by even servants at the gates of the capital (despite sending a notification of his arrival to the Rowling house). If you remember, he had to go till the entry of the Rowling house's door to be welcomed by Alpha.

And during this time when he was pulled into the father's room to check how he escaped assasination, he could have been told to avoid Prince Son. Well, the father simply wanted to house arrest him anyway, so this is not very important. The father's acting skills are quite awesome though.

It would have been so if the father did not openly state to Du Wei that he wanted him dead and everything would have been easier to handle if he had died (face-to-face). Once this meeting was done, I see no difficulty in throwing him out of the family. I think it has to do with how the public will see him because he now has to face his wife and second son. He would have preferred to poison Du Wei in Rowling plains than do this and reduce his stature in the family.

Rreelentless likes this.
  19. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    the temple is backing prince son? demm, what have duwei got himself in to..

Rreelentless likes this.
  20. LoneWanderer23

LoneWanderer23 Imperator

Reading List:
    Link
    hah this was unexpected, even the church is behind him, seriously Du Wei picked the wrong side, he's going to have to either nip this in the bud or be very carefull in the future