TV Legend of Yun Xi (芸汐传)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Ruyi, May 21, 2017.

1. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Say it ain't so! Dear god...what have they done!?

2. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    She is not a poison lass any more!

3. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...I knew something was out of place when they got rid of poison in the title. What a shame.

4. eseul

eseul [ blank ] |_・)

Reading List:
    Link
    WOOW..... poison is like 75% of the novel tho....... how can they leave that part out?

5. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    She doesn't have her storage space either so I am interested in how the story line will go lol

6. eseul

eseul [ blank ] |_・)

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe she will just be a doctor that is really smart? I'm sad she doesn't have her storage space =(

7. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    She is starting to sound like the doctor from Imperial Doctress XD Buy yeah I think she is a talented doctor...most likely she is skilled in poisons because she can cure anything?

8. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Castmates gathering for the booming ceremony (that thing where the cast and crew meet together and burn incense for good luck to their production)!

Looks like we got another girl from SNH48 in there. No idea who she could be...Murong Wanru? Duanmu Yao? Mu Liuyue, Mu Linger, or the yet-to-be introduced Chu Qingge (since the Chu siblings apparently play a part in LOY).

Man, I want those t-shirts tho....merch, merch!

https://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2017...n-flower-the-legend-of-yun-xi.html#more-23665

BlancFrost likes this.
  9. Pythagoras Theorem

Pythagoras Theorem Horse (?)

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I can't actually see Ju Jingyi as Han Yunxi. Not because Ju Jingyi isn't a good actress or not pretty enough or anything but because of this mental image I have of Han Yunxi.

I do know that after transmigrating, Han Yunxi is currently a young teenage girl. However, due to how mature she usually acts, my mental image of Han Yunxi has always been more mature rather than cute/young. Thus, I feel like Ju Jingyi is too cute for Han Yunxi >_>

Fantasy-Magician likes this.
  10. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, a more in depth post about LOY from dramapanda! http://www.dramapanda.com/2017/07/legend-of-yun-xi-begins-filming.html

JJY filmed the wedding scene all by herself...alone just like HYX in the book hehe. Ning Jing and Chu Qingge...are definitely characters we'll see way waaay later in the story. I forgot who NJ was but CQG is like a milder flavor of Duanmu Yao.

....no Murong Wanru? Awww....!

BlancFrost likes this.
  11. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice \o/

So it seems like some characters are going to be merged then? That's sad~

12. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    A little late but here are some of the latest pics featuring Justin Zhao Yixin (weibo here), who plays Chu Xifeng in the upcoming series!
    These are from July 14th:
    [​IMG]
    Why does his horse look so tiny? Ahahahaha....

[​IMG]
    He says he's not allowed to reveal the full costume, thus the mosaic over the clothes

[​IMG]
    Closeup shot here, he has a really nice smile​

These are from July 22nd (the Chinese characters say 大暑, a reference to a certain date in the Chinese calendar that's really hot):
    [​IMG]
    Really curious to see which battle of the book this takes inspiration from

[​IMG]
    I'm assuming this girl is one of her enemies. She looks toxic...a Poison Human, perhaps? It'd be great if they kept some of the poison aspects in!

[​IMG]
    There he is, lying languidly in the sun amidst the corpses....lolol

These are from July 28th (excluded the two ab pics, but you can find them on his weibo):
    [​IMG]
    Some sort of fight scene. Both Long Feiye and Jun Yixie's men enjoy fighting in black with facemasks, huh? How do they tell apart their foes and allies? Tricky!

[​IMG]
    Another fight scene! Gotta be hot working in black in the sunlight, yo. And are those people behind him his allies or what?​

Author Jie Mo was wondering if they'd have a Zhao mama as well. Hahah, I guess she likes them as the chatty servant duo! xD

EDIT: Bonus chibi Yunxi pic from the official Legend of Yunxi weibo! Awww....
    [​IMG]

Also meet actor Sun Zihang 孙子航, who will be playing none other than our crown prince Long Tianmo. Another new face to an already fresh-faced cast!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    BlancFrost and alexfilia like this.
  13. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming in again with more photos via the Legend of Yunxi weibo, this time featuring Papa Han (Han Congan)'s actor, who celebrated his birthday on 7/22!

The actor's name is 卢星宇 (Lu Xingyu)
    [​IMG]
    He looks so happy and friendly (and young!)

[​IMG]
    I have those lotus birthday candles too. Lol, hard to imagine him being mean to Yunxi when he looks so peaceful here

[​IMG]
    Group photo! I'm curious about the young guy on the far left...who could he be? Mu Qingwu? And what about the lady in blue? She's definitely too young to be Grand Concubine Yi (hairstyle isn't matronly enough either), but if so, who is she?
    Next we have SNH48's Lin Siyi (林思意) in the role of Ning Jing, a character who doesn't appear until waaaaaay later in the novels. Telling you about her would be spoilers, so ask about her in the PGC spoiler thread instead~
    [​IMG]
    She's so cute and pure looking~ her message has her introducing herself as "The little fairy's joining the drama!" lol

And finally, our resident Ju Jingyi in a weibo post that was re-tweeted...uh...re-weibo'd? Reposted? By the Legend of Yunxi weibo. There's a link to the original post here, which includes a clip on her climbing the mountains. Apparently the mountains where the set is located has really winding roads!

[​IMG]
    I can't quite remember if Yunxi crossdresses in the novel, but she does pretend to be someone else for a story arc...she was a girl then tho, but doing a man's job, so who knows!

[​IMG]
    Everyone looks so fresh-faced, even when they're taking a break, hehe~

Official chibi doodle of Gu Qishao here. But....but where's the red robes? T u T
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Actor Merxat/Mi Re (米热) eating birthday cake on his special day (7/20) while wearing his in-character wig. The closest we've see to live-action Gu Qishao so far~
    Lol, is he hanging out at the Celestial Fragrance Tea plantation? XD Those are definitely tea plants behind himmmmm~

Finally a shot of our resident ice cube, Long Feiye (on the right), with his subordinate Chu Xifeng next to him. Actor for Long Feiye is Zhang Zhe Han (张哲瀚), Chu Xifeng is Zhao Yixin (赵毅新) as previously mentioned in the above post.
    [​IMG]
    Really hope he can channel more ice-cube into him!

[​IMG]
    Semi-casual shot here. Lol, he's wearing a sequined shirt wut~
    I'm glad they're using real sets and not all CGI, the scenery and landscapes look beautiful!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    alexfilia likes this.
  14. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is he pixelated on the horse?

15. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not allowed to reveal the costume until the drama airs, so it's censored on purpose. :D

akki likes this.
  16. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    The costumes are being kept secret until the big unveil XD

17. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha~

18. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Sweet! ??? and Long Tianmo! The original weibo has him going "Uncle," uncle, uncle. Uncle? Uncle! Uncle...

So maybe the older man is Qinwang Rong? Hmm, but he has white hair in the story. Could be another imperial uncle...unless he's referring to just the actor and this is Emperor Tianhui, which would make more sense~

[​IMG]

alexfilia likes this.
  19. Petiepotter

Petiepotter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Han Yun Xi is the daughter of an imperial physician who lost her mother when young, but maintains a cheerful and optimistic disposition. Yun Xi is naturally talented in medical science and proficient in traditional medicine, but suffers from the jealousy and avoidance of others. By a stroke of fate, she marries the Duke of Qin, Long Fei Ye, and becomes embroiled in the changing politics of the imperial court. Yun Xi relies on her high-level medical skills, wise, far-sighted brain, and compassionate heart to expel the poisons of a great official, get rid of secret agents for the Duke of Qin, eliminate the plague for the common citizens, and cure the crown prince’s strange illness.
    Yun Xi’s kindness as a doctor not only earns her the appreciation of the masses, but helps the Duke of Qin overcome many nefarious plots, including the rebellion of the Chu siblings. After a series of unfortunate accidents, her medical skills grow even more unparalleled and she even gains the admiration and adoration of the Duke of Qin. Both of them take fame lightly in favor of digging into the medical field. In the end, they leave the clamor of court intrigue behind them and go in seclusion in the mountains, living a happy life free from worldly cares.
    So, Medical Genius Consort~
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The girl with the round glasses, is it Xu Jiaqi?? So pretty <3

alexfilia likes this.
  20. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a Chinese girl and begin Chinese I really don't like the adaptation
    You know I never will be satisfied with then actors... they ruined my saint in my mind jajaj