LCD Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Dec 6, 2015.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, at least in RR there's Arpen. Still, that's just a happy accident. The game's designer was trying to create an evil distopia and failed ;)

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also the Eastern Kingdoms like Rosenhiem, the Southern Desert, the Western lands, and special places like the fairy world, giant land, vampire kingdom, and sea that you can go to get away from the Hermes Guild if you want to. The game designer was relying purely on human nature to make the game bad. He didn't build a crappy game on purpose or intentionally trick the players on how the game should be played.

Even then it took years of playing before players could amass enough power and influence to exploit other players like this.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    jacobpaige likes this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It didn't really take that long, things were like that in the Central Continent almost from the start, since starter locations only expand after discovering them. So it only took years to reach this scale, but people have been exploiting others for a long time.

4. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I'm sure there was some form of exploitation but nothing like this. In the beginning the players were ruled by the NPCs. They couldn't kill whoever they wanted because they'd get chased out of towns by the NPCs. They also wouldn't have been able to spawn camp, block dungeons, or make people pay taxes. You need to actually be the ruler of the area in the game to do things like this. Becoming the ruler of an area takes a lot of time to do.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to an unexplored region with a dungeon, and just block it with your friends, the law doesn't reach there. Add to that, that any MMO is gonna have some PK players, who just want to take from people.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're in the middle of nowhere then who cares if you're blocking a dungeon that nobody knows about? How many friends do you have to be able to block a dungeon 24/7? How long is that dungeon worth blocking before you needed to move onto better hunting grounds? PKing isn't a problem until they can do it at will and with no repercussions. If you want to be a bandit go ahead, that's part of the charm of Royal Road, however the kingdom will probably be sending its soldiers to kill you or putting out bounties/missions. NPCs kept players from doing whatever they wanted until the players gained enough strength to take over, enough influence to be granted their own land, or enough money and talent to establish something for themselves.

7. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the sole person that thinks that either that fortress will be conquered by rebels/general users or that the Hermes guild will end up having to attack that fortress?

8. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    The area you are in, is unclaimed land, isn't fully explored, but the dungeon has been found recently. This is something known about this unknown area. A couple people at a higher than average level can block the entrance of a dungeon in relatively low level areas. Like you said people can be bandits if they feel like it, but what about all the other people getting similar ideas in the surrounding area? They either band together to claim a bigger territory for themselves, or they spread out to different areas, and make their own little bandit kingdoms.

9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I was half expecting Lafaye to give the order to lay siege to it, just to save face for the guild, or for Weed to just pass through and clean the place out.

Dori likes this.
  10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    There tends to be more than one dungeon in an area. If you're dungeon diving then you probably have a party of 6 people. 2 people at a slightly higher level would be streamrolled. Even unexplored areas were mostly just unexplored for players not the NPCs. Trying to set up a bandit kingdom in the middle of a NPC kingdom is a good way to have the knights coming after you.

11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the kingdoms were grown and connected by the players stimulating trade. The locations might have been on maps, but historically they just went through a bunch of continent spanning wars, the national borders probably didn't reach everything.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of kingdoms but that probably wouldn't apply to the central continent.

13. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    The Central Continent has a lot of open spaces, it's probably most true about them. The smaller mountain kingdoms in the East and West were probably easier to police and enforce the borders on. It's basically like the Southern Desert, that broke back into smaller tribes, and villages, after the fall of the Palos Empire(Even after the fall of Belzos' rule).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The Central Continent is the most developed so it's probably least true about them. Where the dangerous dungeons are, where dangerous monsters are wondering around, and where the borders are is probably all well known.

15. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, i agree, so many make you question who the hell would find such a thing fun.

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    It has the space and food production to give it the kind of population growth necessary for it to be the most developed, that doesn't mean they have a presence in every corner of the continent. Rich farmlands as far as the eye can see lead to that kind of development, that's what put them ahead of other territories, not necessarily exploration, as evidenced by the number of dungeons that are actually secret cult, or coup gathering locations. This is why it was the most attractive starting location for the players, lots of unexplored nooks and crannies at first, and lots of managed dungeons later.

17. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also, i find it ironic that everyone else wants money just as much as weed they just failed to inspire people with their CHARISMA to look over their flaws. and i don't mean charisma stat, but an inspiring presence. this was helped by weed being a sculptor, the big quests for a sculptor are "build a big thing that everyone can see" while high level warrior quests are variations of "kill a thing". everyone can see the big thing a sculptor built in game, but to see the warrior dude kill the thing you need to go watch a video of them killing it, if they recorded and upload said video.

CountryMage likes this.
  18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The Hermes Guild killed more than 13 million people in Royal Road so far? rofl. That's hilariously impressive.

FlameE likes this.
  19. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    @Vincent1873 The hermes guild are the villains of royal road. Grass porridge! Btw, I read until they kill the great demon in the past with weed and friends. Is there a new chapter?

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    A chapter came out today.