LCD Life Mission

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 25, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't count on that happening. Its very rare in these types of series, and even when it does happen, its rarely done well.

Personally, I'm hoping it doesn't happen. Since, if it did, then she'd probably spend most of her time as a damsel in distress while the author went on and on about how weak she is (because she's a woman) and how much she loves, respected and admires the MC for being so much stronger than her (because he's a man). It takes a lot of willpower to not drop a series every time something like that happens. At least with a platonic relationship, there's a possibility that she won't just be there as a pretty fangirl and occasional rescue target.

2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    true, I seem to find a lack of korean novels with romance in them :( done well or otherwise.

on that very same note, I hope god of cooking ends in romance between the MC and kaya :3 chloe is ok too!

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he could sell cyborgs to large guilds? They should be able to afford it, even with a 1 million point markup and it would definitely be a sound investment for them. Even if he only sold ten of them, he would be able to buy the Battle Shoot. Though finding ten guilds large enough to put together that many points would likely take a bit of time.

Why did they say that they couldn't make deals with points? Didn't they do exactly that when they went on the mission with that guild? And in this latest chapter with the bus ride he's selling?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can totally understand the people just trying to make money. Honestly, its a fairly safe job if you've got a good bus like the MC's and the pay is extraordinary. Though I expect the value of points to drop dramatically over time. Still, if you can keep finding safe buses for the level up missions, then its a job that could last for a few years and provide enough income to support a large family for the rest of their lives.

Its also a great deal for the bus drivers, so I could totally see companies forming around this business and hiring people to ride the buses long term. I expect that the percentage of the points that the riders get to keep would be much lower, but the safety would likely be much higher since companies like that would need to have very good safety records in order to find employees. I can only imagine how fast such a company could accumulate points with a small army of advanced cyborgs and a few thousand employees.

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would it be worth doing long term? I don't think anyone sane will want to ride the bus on high level missions. It would probably be easier to earn points by doing a 20,000 point mission and getting 400,000 points than driving a bus in a low level mission.

Plus I think mutants are probably gonna start showing up in the real world eventually.

6. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LIfe mission has two different points systems: REgular points and achievement points. Basically, achievement points are earned if you personally did the killing yourself I believe. And if you want to buy things in the higher level stores, you have to pay at least partially with achievement points. This means that you can be a leech and ride on the skills of others...but only until a certain point. Guilds are helpful when the MC wants to pass a high point mission that would normally take him a long time to complete. He can finish it that much faster with the help of numbers.

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I got that. I'm saying that carrying people around to get kickbacks probably isn't worth doing long term. They're probably planning on exchanging the points for money and so probably don't care about achievement points.

8. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooo no i think he mentioned that he's only going to do it short term. he just wants to hurry and accumulate points asap so he can do another modification. Then after the modification, he's going to stop doing the bus - or so he said.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It just depends on what happens in the future and what role points wind up playing in the world economy. If achievement points make normal points obsolete, then the business I suggested wouldn't last, but it would generate a great deal of wealth and power that would allow the business to transform into something with better long term prospects. If, on the other hand, achievement points mostly help people to get weapons, armor and other things that are mostly useful in life mission, and points never become so abundant that they aren't needed just as much as achievement points, then point farming would still be a very viable business for acquiring and selling various items that people use in their day to day lives, particularly those that they can't make for themselves. Low class cyborgs would likely be a very popular commodity for instance, especially if they could be made to look human, even more so if they were anatomically correct.

Though I really wish the author wouldn't call them cyborgs. If they need AI implanted into them to function properly, then they're androids, robots or automatons, not cyborgs.
    I think Vincent was referring to my idea of businesses running their own buses with most, if not all of the riders being employees.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no reason for points to become obsolete. Like you said they could be used to buy medicines, rare metals, and things that will always have value. I was more thinking that anyone who could afford a fully functioning mid class cyborg would earn far more money running 10,000-20,000 point missions with it where they could earn 400,000 points rather driving a bus around with it. Unless they're driving a bus in 20,000 point missions at which point the people riding the bus would be insane.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they have enough cyborgs to run the kind of mission the MC went on with that guild, without needing the owners of those cyborgs to lift a finger, then that means they would have a ton of space in their party. Not filling it up with bus riders would be a waste of income. Honestly, as long as you're using cyborgs, and the mission difficulty is low enough to make them relevant, there should never be a need for a full party. Which means that there should always be room for riders.

Its also not really dangerous for the riders as long as they stay in the safe zone, especially if the cyborg operators stay with them. That way, if the cyborgs all die or something, everyone could evac before whatever killed the cyborgs found them.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I guess the cyborgs will eventually become useless to high level players unless they can upgrade them to high class. Might as well do something with them at that point. Taking more than one cyborg into a bus mission seems wasteful as well.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the size and rank of the mission and how fast you want to clear it really. I'm sure they'd have their accountants or other math type people crunch the numbers to decide what strategy was most profitable within an acceptable ratio of risk to reward and go with that.

Though your point makes me wonder if people might not also try renting out their cyborgs once they weren't useful anymore. I'm not sure what they'd do in the case of a full party wipe though, since the dead people's families wouldn't be able to compensate for the cyborg, assuming they even had families. Also not sure if the cyborg can function in a mission that doesn't contain its owner.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they're going to meet in mission, then they could have just stayed in America ;)

Speaking of Blood King, I wonder how long it will be till word of PvP's benefits starts spreading.

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't their original plan. Plus they knew who he was but they probably wouldn't have known his helper name so they wouldn't have been able to get into a mission with him unless someone set it up. They needed to go to Korea for that.

Seems as though they already have spread.

A PK guild doesn't really seem all that dangerous since they can't just enter random missions. If survivors make a note about who's a PKer then you just enter missions with that person. It's even less threatening to people with their own parties. Unless you decide to have a tryout without someone who's a PKing ranker then you'll probably be able to deter it.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They really didn't. They could have just called the guy that set up the meeting. Still, what I meant was after they decided to use an intermediary to setup a meeting in a mission, they could have just gone home. There really wasn't a need for them to stay. Unless they really believe that they can convince him to join them and move to America, but that seems a bit overly optimistic.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She really shouldn't have let him come along.

It seems that people really do already know about PK and its benefits. I kinda expected it to cause more of a stir.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They could have called but he'd have refused on the phone and there would be no actual meeting taking place.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Good? Lots of time saved that way.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why America didn't try to recruit the model. Unless they did and the author didn't bother to mention it. Though if they had, they would have done it before the MC was able to recruit her, and she wouldn't have had any reason to turn them down considering her alternatives at the time. Which means they didn't, which just seems odd when everyone knew who she was and getting in contact with her would have been extremely easy for them.