LCD Life Mission

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, May 25, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad the first two chapters weren't the series. I very nearly dropped it.

I wonder what the consequences of saying 'no' would have been? (when it asked if he wanted to join the reality version). Also wondering if he gets to return to Earth between missions.

Is there a reason that the lifers aren't trying to work together? They probably could have cleared the mission much faster and much more safely if they had. Or was it one person per building and their death screams were simply loud enough to be heard in the next building over?

Has his body been modified? Holding your breath for 2 minutes in a high stress situation isn't something a normal human could do even if they exercise.

2. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm, it was the same with me. Thankfully the following chapters piqued my interest.
    ----------

With the way it was phrased, it sounded like they can return (probably temporarily) to the real world after completing a mission, but I still hope the players are stuck in the game until they clear it. Honestly, I've never read a game novel where I've enjoyed the "real life" portions when the MC isn't playing the game. They always feel like boring filler to me.

(And yeah, I hope the players start working together.)

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the series, but some of them handle it well. So far Evolution Theory of the Hunter and Arena are doing decent jobs, but they're both fairly early days. You might also say that Hail the King does too ;)

5. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saint likes this.
  7. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its nice to see one of these series finally acknowledging the usefulness of firearms.

I wonder if he can broadcast his adventures in the real version? Also wondering if people could pay him their points to watch those broadcasts.

Its nice to see an MC that understands the importance of parties, though I do wonder why he doesn't contact people he knew in the game. At least some of them must be participating in the real version.

9. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. From what I've read so far, I think he alludes to being a loner and not joining parties because it was a game and he didn't mind dying. There was something that said that he died several times more than other players did because he was obsessed with leveling up. But now that's not an option because death would mean real death. So he has to change his strategy and the way he plays.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but being the number one player in the game, I just figure that he must have known (to some extent) at least some of the other top players. If for no other reason than having met them at Life Mission Con or whatever. As popular as he was the convention would have paid him (and the other top players) to attend and the advertising from attending would have brought new people to his blog which would have boosted his revenue in the long term, so there's not much reason to think that he wouldn't have attended. Unless he was just a super loner that would rather avoid people than make money.

lightnovelcafe likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if they can take the supplies from the bunker, and if they respawn like the monsters do. If so, this could be a great way to save on expenses.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how large his final party will be? Also wondering if there are any pure support classes like medics. If there are, I'm hoping that its filled by a buff hetrosexual black dude, more for a change of pace than for any other reason.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, was the price of the body modifications this time the typo or when they first mentioned it? 'Cause the difference is pretty dramatic.

14. lightnovelcafe

lightnovelcafe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the price mod is 10k but the bigger dollar amount was the amount they would be able to amass/earn due to the price bod i think?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Screening teammates post-body mod is going to be even more important than it was already. Also, way more dangerous.

I totally don't understand what you're trying to say.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if you can buy something like a safety bubble, that you can hide in give up the mission so that you can teleport out without dying. If you're going to be working with PUG's, it seems like an essential piece of equipment.

Also wondering if later on, high level people will sell their services to low level people to help them through this challenge ;)

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really clear on why they don't just quit the mission now and find a new team. Also not clear on why they didn't vet this team before coming here.

18. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    Vetting teams beforehand doesn't really seem possible. You just have to hope for the best. And regardless, the quality of teams across the board is pretty terrible apparently (which is why the branched out from joining just Korean teams in the first place).

I agree that they should have considered quitting this mission after getting into that dispute. But I guess they figure they're safe enough and can still back out if things turn ugly. They're at the rear (a safe distance away), have thermal goggles unlike the other lifers, and are much stronger than them as well.
    Still taking a risk though, yeah.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling that they're going to cut one of the people not in Carlyle's group and use them as bait. Though I hope I'm wrong.

I wonder why they don't just signal for the MC. He could probably find the path without much trouble and signal them. His main point is to maintain a safe distance from them, not to not help them.

Also wondering why the people in Carlyle's group haven't quit the mission yet. They can't feel safe around him.

Further wondering how long it will be before Lifers stop caring about money and how fast the rich will become the poor once they do.

I meant by running 1k missions or something before trying the advancement test. Problems like this would crop up at the start of any mission, regardless of difficulty.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  20. Saint

Saint 圣人

Reading List:
    Link
    They're just doing this one level D mission to open up the class D store for Jin Hyuk. I think they'll go back to grinding level E missions and looking for reliable long-term teammates afterwards (at least for a little while).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016