Discussion Light Novels Licenses (English) & Web Novels Licenses (Light Novel)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Claire Lilly, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a nice wish list, but by the time yen press finished it you'd most probably be dead or close to their release times are a joke

2. ohko

ohko 【LGBTQ+ association】 【ohko is ohko!】

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally think that Yen Press has being moving at a good pace with Sword Art Online, and Spice and Wolf is pretty much done.

Though I kinda agree that the problem is affording it. (。≧ _ ≦。)

I wish my local library carried light novels, but its still too niche.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally like reading the officially translated works, though I absolutely hate when they localize the names (change from surname name to name surname) because I get lost and confuse which is the name and which is the surname.

In any case, I liked your list! I read many of those and they're all wonderful!!! *hugs*

I prefer fantranslated novels btw, because I like the way the fans translate it more, but I like reading the official ones as well. (still annoyed Tokyopop never finished Karin's novel translation)

Claire Lilly likes this.
  4. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Claire Lilly I can understand your meaning but I hope you also understand that official translation is much slower than that of fans.
    In my country they still havent completly translated Naruto let alone start new ones. And I am talking about manga here. You can only buy manga online but light novels not (as far as I know).

Honestly you would have to wait for them to catch up, which would take a few years. Till then even newer ones would appear.
    So I use fan translation. IF they can keep us actual like the direct release after a few hours ( i am talking about online here). I would buy them. But an option like that is sadly not possible. As for anime... the synchro over here sucks so badly I can't put it into words....

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought all of my LNs online... Rather, I have never found a LN on any physical bookstore, though I did find some in anime conventions...

6. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I am from a certain country located in some corner in some place out there in the world! \(^^)/

8. Sra Victi

Sra Victi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Especially number 20 on your list. Yes I understand if it gets licensed it wouldn't be free to be fan translated anymore. But I also understand where you're coming from especially to those novels that have been dropped and groups won't be translating anymore, those omg I would pay for the entire volumes full priced for the novels translator groups have dropped since for me, it's the only way I'll ever get to read in English. Although right now the only book I wanna get translated or even licensed is Sugar apple fairytale. I'm so desperate for it to be translated lol

Claire Lilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.