Recommendations looking for some recs

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by hafrist, Nov 2, 2015.

1. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link
    my reading list- http://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=2320

as you can see my reading list mostly consist of Xanxia so am looking for those similar to them
    i haven't read any IET novels and want to start one but don't know which
    would like it to have atleast a little romance even if it is a little late in the series (don't mind minor spoilers )
    novels with romance but no cultivation and all , or action novels with "smart" mc but no romance are also good

just tell me whats good about the novel you recommended

2. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. bloomsburyhouse

bloomsburyhouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desolate Era has no romance so far. probably just go far Coiling Dragon, esp. because by the time you get to where ren is translated up to right now, it'll all be done. after that, maybe stellar transformations. knowing IET, Desolate Era will have some romance sooner or later, but so far it's very far off indeed.

sort of spoilerish stuff below:

in Coiling Dragon, there's a bit of drama revolving around Linley's love interests. in stellar tranformations, our hero pretty much just falls for a girl, but she's completely out of his league, so part of his desire to get stronger is to be able to be with her.

you might also like The Great Ruler

4. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link
    well personally when i read the synopsis i liked ST better than CD but as a read the review or other spoiler i came to know that CD has late romance but it is there
    I want to know if ST is good OR not in the romance section
    Desolate Era is on hold as it is not as long as ST or CD and the translations are a little slow so i will finish DE in 2 or 3 days which i really dont want (also because i dont particularly like CSG i just read CSG cause before i didnt know about novelupdates and thought that Gravity and WW are the only trans group so read CSG with Zhan Long :p)
    also can you tell me more about Xian Ni cause the synopsis is too short

Cien likes this.
  5. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    As people already recommended, Stellar Transformation has Romance that starts somewhere before the middle of the series. It is also related to Desolate Era, which has no romance so far but is still pretty good. Coiling Dragon has a bit of romance & heartbreak and the translation is almost complete. Way of Choices might interest you as well, it has a clever plot and a very interesting MC. Though you said you like "Xianxia", as good just a really good story, I recommend you read MushokuTensei. It is a completed Japanese novel, its very good and has romance in it, as long as you read past to when he starts tutoring you will enjoy it. As for game related stories similar to LMS and Zhan Long, The King's Avatar is a good one

6. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link
    thnks although ST and CD are both from IET i think i will still start st first
    as for Way of choice i am going to read it as you say it has a very good story but due to the vague synopsis i cannot bring myself to start
    (maybe i need a little more motivation :p ) as it has only 100 chap i can finish it in a day i think
    as for Mushoku Tensei i have already completed it and only the side stories are left it is really a great story
    for kings avatar i dont know why but i didnt really like it,although many people say it is very good i cant bring myself to like it when i read it
    i guess i read till 130 or so but dropped due to lack of motivation maybe will pick it up again sometime later

7. Mantius

Mantius Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, my recs don't really have any wuxia/xianxia, but I think you should give a chance to it.

World Customize Creator - smart, but extremely dense mc, there is almost no romance at the current translations (chapter 55), but there will be at the later chapters. Mc goes to another world and gain the power of the evil god. It may seem simple, but it's not simple at all, the mc gets entangled in some politics and then wars, and his power is vital to change the world, what will he do with it?

God and Devil World - smart (not a genius, but smarty) mc, the world turns into a game and zombie apocalypse gg. The characters remember me of wuxia/xianxia, all high and assholish, being rude to everyone until our mc break your legs and throw you to the zombies xD He is kind to those that deserve it though.

Overlord - this one is really good, one of my top5 favorites. He was playing a game, and when they decided to close the servers, he stayed in the game until they completely closed the game (is a vrmmorpg). But the game doesn't go down, and he finds out that the game became reality, and now he is actually in a different world o_O Although it may seem like all the others "mc went into the game" this one really stands out. It's worth a try ^^

8. Polar20

Polar20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you should start with CD instead of ST, the romance in ST drags out until the last books(read some spoilers about it). So I suggest you wait for those last books to be translated first. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

9. RougeAsura

RougeAsura Rayus

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me remaining chapters left in stellar transformations

10. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Fraggermdg

Fraggermdg New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys. Just found an interesting manga Shanlian de Sishen on Mangahere. I was wondering if anyone had translated or is translating it currently. If not then is there a forum for translators where I could mention it to a budding translator.

So far it's about a kid who is a thief for a local crook along with other children. He's a bit slow in the head but excellent potential in terms of martial and mystical pursuits. Some stuff happens and he gets taken in by a 'mage' who decides to make something out of him.

It gives off a Coiling Dragon + Aladdin-as-a-kid kind of vibe.

Check it out and let me know if you guys hear anything on the grapevine.

Such Face, much wow.

12. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    The romance part in CD wasn't late at all if I remember correctly. At the very least it's already pretty much over by now. It's not that MC got sick of his girl or anything it's just that the main focus is on him powering up rather than his love life. There was a bit of drama with his first love but then, he finally made the right choice and that's all. I say it's worth reading especially as it will probably be the first long Xianxia to be completely translated. Only has about 30+ chapters to go.

ST so far only had the beginning of the relationship, though they understood their feelings but MC has to grow stronger in order to match with the girl's background as she's probably from some extremely powerful family/clan and he can't meet her before he gets to god knows what level he has to get. I also recommend ST but I advice you to be prepared for a bumpy ride because after the first 10 or 11 books which were translated by he-man, shit gets real as the novel was translated by quite a few different people so far and a lot of terms were changed which might make you dislike it slightly. In general my opinion of ST might even be better than CD, if only it were translated completely by he-man or someone like RWX.

Swallowed Star by IET is also a good one, though the translation pace is quite slow at the moment. If you want to read this, no matter what, don't let yourself be influenced by the cover image or the synopsis. This also seems to have some romance but it develops quite slowly.

The Great Ruler is also quite good. It's from the same author as BTTH and WDQK.

13. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
  14. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link
    as far as the the translation goes ST has 18 books or 681 chap and the translation has gone to finish book 12 only 8-9 chap left of book 12

well i am thinking of starting CD now that most people rec it but i think i will do the ones with less chap before
    once i go on a marathon my life will be in danger :p

will do the ones with 100-200 release cause can finish them in a day

WCC-will look into it this one looks good
    GDW-maybe
    Overlord- saw this ones anime so am hoping to see a second season before i move to the ln

15. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link

ARGH...................
    why did you have to say ST is better than CD
    was finally making up my mind to read CD now am again wavering
    sob..sob what will happen to me now :mad::mad:
    (no offence please just say something good About CD again :p :p )

16. Axia

Axia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that manga yeah but qas not aware if any LN or WN about it.. It was fun, hahaha, Ah Dai finally getting "loved" but i still wished his master gonna change his mind...

17. RougeAsura

RougeAsura Rayus

Reading List:
    Link
    I also want to start cd but stopped due to similar issues as you. But I won't fret and will start it tomorrow.

18. Captain127

Captain127 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xian Ni is good heard that there's not really much romance in it. Desolate Era I think has a we bit of romance, how much I'm not sure remember someone mentioning where they were at they at least showed a potential candidate? Wu dong will have some sort of romance to it later not sure again how significant it will be in it but there will be some of it later and it's also a good read. BTTH is also good as well as doulou and TGR.

Your already reading what I'm reading but a few you may want to check out could be wicked solider King, Tate no yuusha and Sevens, Mad God, King Shura, Sendai yuusha, seijo no kaifuku. Some Japanese and a Korean novel mixed in there but they're all good reads and I think they might suit your taste. Read the synopsis, give em a try if you want, maybe they will be to your liking.

19. TrueLiesLost

TrueLiesLost Seeker of The Lost Truth

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that on readmanga.today it's updating about a chapter a day so I think it's currently being translated. It's called Good Reaper on there.

20. hafrist

hafrist the cat guy

Reading List:
    Link
    yup thanks
    i have read tate no yuusha ,sendai yuusha and seijo no kafuku
    but because i am not reading them and piling them up i removed them from the reading list sry :p
    the others i will check thnks