TV Love Lost in Times

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Ruyi, May 19, 2017.

1. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Also known as Drunken Exquisiteness, came out with a new trailer recently. Am looking forward to watching this because I've always liked Cecilia Liu, huehue. Anyone else heard of the series? Or tried reading through the (really long) raws as mentioned on shushengbar? The concept of time travel and parallel universes sounds neat.

Synopsis (via Wikipedia):

Feng Qingchen (Cecilia Liu) is a sorceress of Mingyi Tower, the secret organisation tasked with protecting the royal family. Yuan Ling (William Chan) is a prince from Western Wei, a ruling kingdom during the Northern and Southern dynasties. Yuan Zhan (Xu Haiqiao), the seventh prince, is Yuan Ling's biggest competitor in both power and love.

After getting to know each other, Feng Qingchen is impressed by Yuan Ling's abilities and suppresses her feelings for the sake of seeing him ascend his rightful position. Despite Qingchen's contributions to the kingdom, the court is vehemently against Yuan Ling marrying a woman who dabbles in black magic. Yuan Zhan launches a coup on the day of the wedding ceremony, and Qingchen uses her powers to reset the universe in an effort to prevent further bloodshed. Qingchen is eventually able to heal the rift between Yuan Ling and Yuan Zhan, allowing them to join hands to overthrow the corrupt officials and return peace to the land.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    midnight reader likes this.
  2. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    Seem interesting...there rarely a drama like this that I know of~

3. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting butI 'm not really much of a fan of Chinese TV shows. For some reason, China has always been somewhat inadequate in terms of their special effects department.

4. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Those awkward moments when the other guy gets into your personal space and shoves his face right up to yours......

Lilpriestess likes this.
  5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Just watched the first episode today. CG effects are cheesy, but I like the acting and plot (ugh, so much plot...!) so far! Guess they have to speed things up so they can get to the "alternate timeline" faster.

I don't get how Shishi's character can just casually hide a fugitive in her house and etc., but eh, it worked out. Looking forward to catching up with the rest of the episodes as we go on. <3

Lilpriestess likes this.
  6. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that's what the ad was. I saw it playing and thought the female lead looked familiar. Lol cheesy effects will always be cheesy it seems. Hmm might try it out when I remember. The costumes do look rather stunning.

Ruyi likes this.
  7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Stayed up catching the latest episode today....ah, so worth it! I'm really really enjoying the series and the three schemes/plots simultaneously unfolding at the same time, it's great!

8. Lilpriestess

Lilpriestess Fighting!

Reading List:
    Link
    I've watched up to episode 3 and am on the fence of watching the rest until I know what the ultimate ending is bc cheng's "I will not let you fall in love with me" makes for lots of noble idiocy. And I just hate it when everyone makes decisions for everyone else because they think it's best for them. I know makes for angst etc. plot movement maybe--- but their relationship is already complicated and now it becomes even more so.
    I can't not watch it--- as it's so visually appealing and it doesn't hurt that all the actors/resses are ridiculously pretty.
    And it so fulfills my 3310 withdrawals lol. Can't wait to hear what your thoughts are on the rest of the episodes.

Ruyi likes this.
  9. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I get what you mean! Qingchen's too quick to sacrifice herself; luckily her male lead is sharp-eyed and too stubborn to let her do stupid things because he cares about her. Actually, I'm more worried he'll end up making some sacrifices from keeping the truth from her instead... o . o

So far tho, they both seem like reasonable, intelligent types (they have to be, to keep up with the schemes and whatever 7th Prince's got under his layers), so I'm looking forward to a steady-paced, exciting series. (Please don't give us cop-out ending like Princess Agents omg...I haven't started the drama but now I won't because gahhhh that's such a bad way to end a series!)

Lilpriestess likes this.
  10. Lilpriestess

Lilpriestess Fighting!

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my freeeaking --- Princess Agents. Holy shmoly--- I am definitely in the camp of the more spoilers the better. I don't regret per se the hours spent on this. So glad for ff!!! But if I had known the ending before hand sh*t. I would have taken my time to watch an epi here and there. I really thought, the YouTube epi58 English subs was not the last episode!! Until I saw some recaps "finale". And was literally slapped in the face shocked that 58 was the end. And now with how crazy busy ZLF is. I don't see her coming back to finish it. And without her It would change the feel of the whole show. Agh!!! And if you're looking for romance --pretty non existent. Although when the 2 ML are play fighting it's really pretty to watch like dancing really.

I liked it way better then princess weiyong (haven't finished it yet-- watched ending though) and general and I (skipped tons of epi) although all in the same general vein.

LLIT certainly feels like 3310 and it's started off pretty cracktastic I'm just sooo afraid it will go off somewhere I can't follow lol.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  11. Xixi

Xixi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    preach it sista

Lilpriestess likes this.