TV LOVE O2O/Just One Smile is Very Alluring

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Moraxella, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Moraxella

Moraxella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    The drama adaptation of http://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-slight-smile-is-very-charming/ by Gu Man has been airing for a while now. Anyone else watching?

Though I heard the movie had better effects, I'm pretty satisfied with this so far. The leads are doing very well imo, and the narrative has been pretty faithful aside from some additions. Thoughts?

2. Potato

Potato its doomed

Reading List:
    Link
    Needs more potato

3. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer the drama version. My taste is weird, don't quote me on that.

dryzzle likes this.
  4. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    Im just too fragile when it comes to drama with romance.

I had enough when i read mangas. My heart... burns

But it cute

5. MantouInv

MantouInv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GG rip nope dont watch dramas

6. Astarte677

Astarte677 POHHHTAAAAHHHTUUUU

Reading List:
    Link
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???
    [​IMG]

7. Miyuu

Miyuu ☆Innocent & Harmless☆The most normal☆『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Xiao Nai is pretty ... I mean pretty not handsome! And that is a BIG issue for me~
    Wei Wei looks more manlier than Xiao Nai when you look at her from the side~
    Other than those, everything else is fine ... so far~ don't forget! There's supposed to be 30 episodes, who knows what would happen~

8. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    I could watch this for hours...

9. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at ep10. Really contemplating re-reading the novel lol

10. tia

tia New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the drama series because so far it's been faithful to the novel with a little bit additions. And then again i like the xiao nai in drama series than the movie one.

11. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to watch xiao nai creeps at weiwei ❤❤❤❤❤

Aaahhhh i cant wait, im gonna re-read the novel!

Moraxella likes this.
  12. Xenasora

Xenasora 「Togepi Clan Leader」「RuneWeaver」「Enchant Crafter」

Reading List:
    Link
    Slight spoiler for ep 9, nothing to do with the story
    I love the reference to Tang Jia San Shao at the start :) I cracked up so hard :p

13. Moraxella

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I was cackling when I heard Xiao Nai's dad comment on the ridiculousness of current Chinese author names. I'm loving how they're fleshing out his parents.

Also I think Yang Yang is casted perfectly. He IS ridiculously handsome especially when he smiles slightly.

Too much Cao Guang and Er Xi though. An to think Cao Guang was like some minor character mentioned in some flashback in the novel... Other than that I'm really enjoying this very lighthearted and stress-free drama.

14. Xenasora

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely agree, way too much Cao Guang and Er Xi :(, But it is kind of expected when new relationships are added that weren't in the original :p

15. Moraxella

Reading List:
    Link
    The drama just passed 3 billion views as of episode 13! I'm so glad it is very well-received.

Just watched episodes 11 and 12! I love how this drama makes me so giddy even when they're just sitting down and chatting online or simply just talking to each other.

EDIT: also is it just me who rewatched that basketball court scene over and over again? the looks on everyone's faces are so satisfying.

16. Luruxi

Luruxi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish there was more trust and less missunderstadings with couples like in this drama on other shows.

I also liked how some of the "antagonists" weren't really bad people (except Cao Guang, f*** him!). Meng Yi Ran was used by other people and ended up doing some bad things but she never really meant to hurt anyone and after she realize how other people were using her she decided to leave her bad friends and find happiness elsewhere.
    Same with her cousin that was a little petty but never went out of his way to make trouble or do harmful things to other people. Sure he hired Er Xi to feel superior for being the boss of the girl he though was Wei Wei but he never harassed her or created trouble, and even when he was all for defeating Xiao Nai, when he discovered his father tried to sabotage Xiao Nai presentation he apologized and even quitted his job.

Xenasora likes this.
  17. Xenasora

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that Meng Yi Ran becomes a better person, but it was still so satisfying to see that frown on her face during the basketball game :) I love the interaction between Xiao Nai, Wei Wei, and the parents :). KO and Senior Beauty~ have such a funny relationship :)

18. Luruxi

Luruxi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the family interactions were the best! Loved when Xian Nai parents went to the dorm with Wei Wei. It was also very satisfying seeing something where the family were okay with the relationship since they loved each other and never created any kind of trouble and how Xiao Nai and Wei Wei never assumed anything and just waited for the other to explain what happened or simply believed their partner.

I'm gonna miss this one. :(

19. dryzzle

dryzzle 『Little One』『Borderless bun』『Epi's poring』Yzra

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually watching it now as it is finally with eng. sub and completed... It's as dream-like as the novel is.... O>_<O

20. Moraxella

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished the drama, and I must say this is definitely one of the most satisfying dramas I have ever watched... I can honestly say I enjoyed this even more Descendants of the Sun or even My Love from the Star... And to think I was not interested in watching any Chinese dramas before... Time to torrent more, starting with the other Gu Man dramas.

Zheng Shuang's acting really has grown on me, her reactions to DaShen's antics are totally how normal people would react in the face of that handsomeness. I also really like how outgoing Xiao Nai has become ever since he got together with WeiWei... Him smiling = me dead. Just One Smile is Very Alluring, truly. Yang Yang is so perfectly casted I cannot get over how perfect he was.

Sure, Love O2O/JOSVA may not have a very deep plot but my enjoyment was through the roof. The sheer maturity of the characters were just exhilarating to watch. I love how the never devolved into tropes of misunderstandings that usually plague dramas and instead talk it out like normal people. All in all, it was a drama that kept me smiling from start to finsh, and I couldn't ask for more.

Littledragonlady, Luruxi and dryzzle like this.