Japanese Manuke FPS

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Osamaru, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Manuke FPS
    NU Link (if avaliable): http://www.novelupdates.com/series/manuke-fps/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: You see tons and Tons of RPGWorld type stories, but Barring "Apocalypse" type stories, you almost never see where the MC's main weapons are Firearms. It is an interesting take on a concept that is pretty dry. Not to mention the Story itself is well done.
    Description (if you can find one):
    The protagonist is a player of a VRMMOFPS game who ends up falling off the map while playing in PvE mode, and ends up being transported to a fantasy world with his FPS system.

2. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if this is 'sorry' or not, but there's actually several novels where the MC's weapons are firearms, sometimes more modern, sometimes a bit older, sometimes only for himself, sometimes for a group / army of theirs.

• Magic Bullet
    • Gun-Ota
    • Release That Witch
    • Modern Weapons in another world
    • Surviving a harsh fantasy with cheat items
    • Arifureta
    • Maybe My Ranch (depending on what you consider it as)
    • Isekai no Soudouki (this might be a spoiler, and it's not actually firearms, but it's based on modern scientific understandings)

Cryarc likes this.
  3. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Lalalala someone please translate:)

4. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate to do this but,,, I'll gonna be honest okay?... The thing is,,, The novel sucks... REALLY...

5. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Not particularly fond of that novel haha...

6. Heylin

Heylin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep not that good just my opinion tho...

7. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not say they do not exist, I said you do not see a ton of them. This genre tends to lean heavily towards the MMORPG type concept.

8. Osamaru

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, everyone you listed, barring RtW, either has not has a release in months, or does not really follow the same theme/idea.
    Gun-ota would be one of the Closest, and that keeps going on break.

9. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for being slow. .-.

Manuke FPS is nice but its rather long now considering the author releases once a day.

10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally like this novel. Well to tell you the truth I like genera.

11. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    Good novel (y)

12. MoJo

MoJo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd love to see someone take up this, from what I read of it it's really interesting. The problem is translating this seems to be cursed. Durasama translated four chapters in April of 2015 than dropped it, than Jagaimo picked it up in August of 2015 for 10 chapters then disappeared off the face of the Earth never to be seen or heard of again, than in April of 2016 Novelisation picked it up. I had such high hopes for them, they even made a nice website and decorated it with art from the novels they were translating. It's now November and it's been six months since their last release... So it's be over a year since I started reading this and have only read 18 chapters of a story that's 248 chapters and counting. So maybe some people have read the raws in there entirety and can say whether it's good or not but frankly I have not even read enough of it and would like to read more.

13. SFcipher

SFcipher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good news! It seems Monoko's Translation is picking this one up.

14. MoJo

MoJo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Some how I don't feel a lot a confidence in this, maybe it's the six month hiatus Monk-san took this year or the fact I went to Monk's site and read that he just got out of the hospital. OMG I hope the curse doesn't strike again... I'll be praying for you.

Faylord likes this.
  15. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh cool, i hope they reupload the chapters somewhere. .-.

16. MoJo

MoJo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure this was picked up? It's been like 20 days and I haven't seen any releases on Novel updates?

17. SFcipher

Reading List:
    Link
    @MoJo. Below is the post from Monk's (@Monkoto) site dated 13th of November.

Hiyo everyone~

I’m getting discharged soon! I was missing for some time because I had to handle quite a few things for it. Re-acclimation, medication, paperwork, etc etc.. Basically them being overly worried and making me do borderline unnecessary things.

So, once I’m back home, which should be some time next week, I’ll be able to get things rolling more stably again! The schedule will probably look like 2 chapters of RnS + 2-3 FPS a week, I think…

I’ll finish ch28 before I leave the hospital, sorry for keeping you guys in the dark, especially since I left off on a cliffhanger. Maybe by Monday night?

18. MoJo

MoJo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... 60 more days before I can put up a request someone translate this.... AGAIN. Because I have zero faith in this.

19. SFcipher

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello Mojo,
    Perhaps you can send Monk an inquiry to find out.

20. SFcipher

Reading List:
    Link
    @MoJo , Below is the latest from Monk dated 21st of December.Hiyo~

I’m not dead, just a lot busier than I expected.

I’m 120% completely recovered! Thank you everyone for the support you showed! The next chapter is actually already translated, but I had zero time to actually edit it into somewhat acceptable English. I’m a bit of a stickler putting up unedited stuff, regardless of how “readable” it is.

Quick recap since I was released a bit before Thanksgiving:

1. Work piled up, combined with the End-of-the-year rush and the overall increased business, I have a lot more to deal with. I was told to take more time off, but if I do I won’t be able to finish everything before New Year’s Eve. I’ll focus on getting everything done then take some time off from work at the start of the New Year to get back on track.
    2. My sister is preparing her Psychology dissertation, but her ability to produce a proper piece of literature is comparable to a fresh high schooler… So I’m helping her like a whipped good brother should. Effectively, with the amount of time and effort I put in, I’m a co-researcher of her work.
    3. Dealing with the company that owned the truck I crashed into will officially conclude within this week. It boiled down to a small cash settlement to compensate for the property damage I caused. Of course, I’m not paying, my insurance is
    Sorry if anyone’s upset about the lack of chapters. Honestly, I wish translating was my full-time job because I want to pump out quality chapters like Deathblade, Yoraikun, and etvo. Oh well, either way, I’m doing and sharing this as a hobby so if at any point someone wants to take up the reins, just let me know and I’ll dabble in some other stuff ^.^b

~Monk~

P.S. Unless someone picks up Manuke FPS, I will still go forward with it[​IMG]

Wujigege likes this.