LCD Master Hunter K

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Faust, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It didn't explicitly state that. It said disappear from the attack, which can be interpreted as being destroyed by it or escaping during the attack.

2. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose so, but this kinda makes me think that he did turn back time but sacrificed his existence or something in order to do so, though I don't remember if his existence was confirmed in earlier chapters. So at most this is a conjecture of mine, since turning back time for all the way back to the beginning with that time spell is a major stretch in my opinion. In mana capacity that is, since it takes a whole lot of mana just for a couple of seconds.

3. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    K has no idea how to be a leader. His experience and ability can do well, but only to that last raid he did. Also, to exclude people just because you dislike them is stupid. Ability trumps personality unless its real bad. The problem with the old final ten was because there wasn't a clear leader or strongest Hunter who can take the lead. If there was a K level OP present to rein them in they would have been okay... aside from Ed.

4. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    As a person who had a nagging personality, I say personality is just as important.

In just half a month I made 5 out my 12 workmates into nagging types.

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    So did he just set up some flag or something?

6. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    If he invites one more female beauty, then yes.

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't have any Chosen, so no.

8. madhy007

madhy007 The Vendetta

Reading List:
    Link
    Is ed really the bad guy here??

9. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know, we can just assume.

10. Sea Dog

Sea Dog 『Rabid』『Mad Dog』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... he did kill 6 of his 9 team mates durring a raid so... probably?

11. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    can I asks questions here? will there be any when one of the chosen one died before the last ten was assembled by K? I hope its serrin. don't know why but I don't like her, probably because she's smells like the usual harem member. sorry if this count as spoiler.

12. Tolena

Tolena 《Virtual Reality Addict》

Reading List:
    Link
    Boobies best waifu o7

Forever boobies o7

Mrots1 and elengee like this.
  13. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the place to ask for spoilers.

Also probably no one has read ahead. Master Hunter K is a ongoing novel and were less than 100 chapters behind latest released chapter. There are three translated chapters a week, so few will feel so inclined as to read so few raws, especially pay for them.

14. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably had his reasons.

zeus likes this.
  15. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    This. The way the last raid flashback really ticks me. I badly want to know whatever Ed knew about the raids that Sungjin doesn't know.

16. madhy007

madhy007 The Vendetta

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a possibility ed retain his memory from the past too. .hope that's the case so he just don't die stupid when met mc. .at least we got the explanation why he did that..

17. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I just caught up with the story and this discussion here.

Regarding Ed arranging a do-over for himself, even if he was successful, I don't think he could become as overpowered Sungjin. I base this on Ed's chosen class: Mage.

When the mysterious event started and everyone was sent to the Tutorial, the Tutorial only offered weapons to use. So although Ed intends to be a Mage, he couldn't assign all of this Reward points to Magic Power and Mind Power. He would need to assign some points to Strength/Dexterity/Endurance just to be able to fight through the first couple of Tutorial Chapters to get to the Black Market where Spell Books would finally be available.

And remember when Sungjin reminisced Ed noting that "one Fireball is better than 2 Fire Bolts"? Ed might even wait until after an additional Chapter Raid to have more Black Coins buy higher tier spells instead of wasting his coins on the small stuff. Then even after he does gets some spells, he'll be underpowered to effectively take on the role as a dedicated Mage for yet another 2 or 3 Chapter Raids. Most of his earlier Titles could be irrelevant to his new Mage role too.

There's also the consequence of needing to fight with weapons that he's not adept with, most likely he'd have to stay and fight along with his Tutorial team. This will likely carry over on the Chapter Raids too as he needs meat shields while he builds up his Mage abilities.

All of this implies that a regressor-Ed would be fairly gimp even if he had a plan to build his Mage abilities efficiently. He wouldn't be able to solo monster riff-raff for many Chapters, so going after a Boss on his own is a pipe dream. His need to work along with the rest of the Raid team means that his Contribution share would consistently be under 20% (assuming nobody dies) until he become an "expert-level" Mage where his DPS and crowd control becomes more prominent.

Of course, compare with regressor-Sungjin who's been consistently getting 70-100% Contribution, clearing all Raid objectives, and collecting all of the NPC summons from the start.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    zeus and Radon Stone like this.
  18. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    You make some good points, but there are flaws.

1. Contribution - Even if he couldn't solo right away he'll have very high contribution per raid. Far more than 20%. Knowledge of the raids, leadership (Ed is more outgoing), and combat experience even as a mage... ends up far more than 20%. Long as he doesn't act like K and rush raids and work as a team, Ed could do very well. Still, I'll give you that he may miss some hidden bosses. Ed also might have trolled on and off to compensate.

2. Weapons - Ed would have some experience with weapons. No one could start as mage from start, so he has the experience. Also remember that there are combat type magic weapons. The was a magic club K sold and K now has a great wand/sword. Ed may have experience with magic CQC, although it was not his main style.

3. Spell buys - Can't agree at all how you say he would only buy best spells. Ed wouldn't dare become a one shot cannon who can only use a few spells per fight. Unless he had a mana recovery item its not likely. He would probably buy the best combination of low tier spells at first and then get the good stuff.

19. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Ed survived the first time. We've also seen that mages tend to have a back up weapon. Ed probably does too.
    2. If you consider spells a type of knowledge then he may retain them even if he regresses. I know that's hax but it kind of makes sense. The genie might be able to teach a spell for example if they had the time so they can probably be learned from more than spell books.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  20. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    This didn't occur to me. It would correspond to Sungjin's sword skills (muscle memory and all that) carrying over.