Recommendations MC who doesn't rely on a treasure

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Fallion, Oct 19, 2017.

1. adislt

adislt fanfic lover

Reading List:
    Link
  2. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, Immortal Executioner/Zhanxian fits that description, though your opinion might vary. Short description of the beginning of the plot: MC grew to the "highest" level of immortal cultivation, but was still a mob-level character compared to others at his level. Got killed but somehow ended up with his soul sent back in time when he was... 16, I think? He used his knowledge to improve himself and become an executioner so to take advantage of an immortal mass-execution that happened around this time. He not only gained the benefits he wanted, but also gained knowledge given by the immortals who he, mostly, agreed to do favors for in exchange for the knowledge they were willing to impart on him. Then we watch him grow to a mostly typical Cultivation Protagonist.

Alternatively, Immortal Mortal fits. MC lived on Earth, trying to make something that would open his meridians and thus allow him to cultivate. He finds it, before being immediately killed by his only companion during his extended period of research, seemingly due to him completing it. He gets reborn into the body of a 30 year old fallen noble who, similarly to him, couldn't cultivate and had been desperately trying to regain his families lost noble position, in a world which is much more suitable for cultivation than Earth. We then start watching him go down the path of cultivation. Just as a warning, for a fair while the MC is incapable of defending himself, until a certain point in the story where he flips and essentially becomes untouchable by those in the same realm/rank as him.

Slayer713 likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The King’s Avatar, no reliance on luck at all that I can recall. Its all pure skill. It has a near future setting though, but its still CN.
    Reincarnator, maybe. There was no luck involved in him going back in time. It was 100% planned and a lot of people died to make it happen. Its KR though.
    Virtual World: Peerless White Emperor, the MC is supremely unlucky. Its mostly a comedy and has a modern, alternate-Earth setting based primarily in CN.

5. DarkAvenger

DarkAvenger Active Member

Reading List:
    Link