Messing Around with C++ *Faceplant*

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by sal880612m, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cantelope

Cantelope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, all of my professors when I was in school (physics major) basically used python or MATLAB for all of their computation needs.

2. Faw

Faw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought fortran was the science guys preferred language. Anyway I still have to warn everyone about python, people do heroin even though it is not good for them. Yes, Im comparing python to heroin.

Friends don't let friends program in python.

3. Cantelope

Cantelope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only saw fortran when it was really old code that we were reusing because it's dependable. Python on the other hand has really cool things like automatically changing data types--incredibly convenient when you're doing simulations for things like star collisions and don't want to worry about making sure you have your integers or floats declared at the correct lengths.

In any case, the forced indentation isn't bad at all; in fact without it, most physicists will write their code in the most unreadable manner you can imagine. Everything in one line? I'm sure some of them are motivated to do so, for who knows what reason.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  4. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    once you understand logic all you need to do to learn a new language is use it... learning the syntax

Arcturus likes this.
  5. Faw

Faw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never thought of that. Still depending on indents can cause a ton of headaches.

Not always. After using regular programming languages try and make something in Forth. It will break your brain until you finally understand it. After you do you will reach enlightenment and your cultivation base will rise.

It's not really practical to use such an old language but making something in forth is like art.

6. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i guess you could say if you know java you can learn any object oriented language really easy ect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.