News Migration to WW

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 101that, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a fair question, and one I don't know the exact answer to actually. You'd have to ask GGP, since that kind of thing is his decision.

2. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a fairly simple answer. Obviously Qidian isn't likeable in the community so the same people who would boycott Qidian would also boycott GT. Overall the decision by not posting the fact that Qidian now owns GT and translators are leaving isn't evil, but just business. Obviously Qidian doesn't want to lose readership.

@goodguyperson (GGP)
    But this begs the question. Does this represent the autonomy that you claim you have? I mean when the first few translators left GT, you posted their announcement that they were leaving and why. Why did your attitude change now? Was it your decision or was it Qidian's decision to not share?

Mangochic likes this.
  3. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you be any more obvious? :rolleyes:

Pizz0011 and m7vpc like this.
  4. carupin

carupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well i guess gravity original novel section is pretty much finished by this move from GGP.

5. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't attack GT. Like I said, what they did was understable. It's a business and that's not evil for not pinning the announcement. I'm just stating the obvious/my own opinion.

I did push at GGP because it seems he loses my trust in him every day.

6. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair point. (y) However, since you've already arrived at your own conclusions, I don't understand why you decided to press @Jaspaaar for answers. It looked like you were waiting for him to slip up and use his words against him. If that isn't the case, you have my apologies for misunderstanding you. :coffee:

m7vpc likes this.
  7. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, not slip up. I just want official words from someone works at GT. I do have my own conclusions, no doubt about that, but if someone there knows the reason, then I would more than glad to listen.

Maybe it's because of some errors, so I didn't want to immediately jump the gun. But like Jaspaaar said, it's up to GGP, which I've known that GGP's has released announcements of books leaving in the past. His attitude is different from that time and now. My issue isn't Jaspaaar at all, not to mention GT, but rather GGP who I don't have a whole ton of trust in what he promises.

Thanks for asking and helping me clarify what I said and did.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. m7vpc

m7vpc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling the @Gravity Tales wouldn't be controlled by GGP any more. But it doesn't really matter because GGP would not answer anyone else, so why would he answer questions from someone like me?

I wanted let everyone else know I wanted to talk with GGP personally. Not GT.

Mangochic likes this.
  10. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Also Update from mooderino author of How to Avoid Death on a Daily Basis and The Good Student on GT:

zentetsuken and Mangochic like this.
  11. bombur760

bombur760 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see the future of GT, it will become perfect back-up(mirror) website of QI with dual hosting of some novels. But idk if someone gonna read anything from GT if its already on QI. And what will happen when QI demands money from their reader to read a novel which is also available on GT. I think QI doesn't even care GT, they just wanted to get rid of GT while having their translations. Or they become too greedy so they gonna use GT as a shelf company to be able translate korean novels and novels of other CN websites such as Chaotic Sword God of 17k. Well it's just my speculation. What you think? Sorry for my english its not mymother tongue :/

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't Blue Phoenix an original English story? Would it have mattered if the author stayed with GT? BTW, all these pages got 404 error. I'm guessing GGP removed their announcements for fear of it becoming the second impetus?

13. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    It was an accidental delete Cactus Lady as you would know if you had read the whole thread. They brought the announcements back later.

And it's more the worry that QI would try to force contracts making the authors give up the rights to their novels like Qidian does with its original Chinese content.

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    What old thread? I only read up to the second page. You saying there's another older thread about this thing? BTW, I don't go to GT on my own. There's nothing there for me and I don't care enough to dig up stuff from their site. Never read any of their stories, so it doesn't really affect me personally.

15. Dark Omega

Dark Omega Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't think Zongheng and 17k will take kindly to that.

I think that the authors are just apprehensive of what might happen considering that QI(or its mother company) owns 90% of GT. I can't blame them because QI's actions has been less than honest.

Ai chan likes this.
  16. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry meant whole thread. Auto-correct is killing me

17. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read English original content there myself currently.

Ai chan likes this.
  18. Hishiron

Hishiron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is simply the best news all day. I look forward to giving all 3 of these novels a try on WW!

19. sctcooper

sctcooper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GGP simply shows how naive he is. Once the translated novels have established its own communities over at webnovels.com, I don't think that Qidian will allow the existence of GT anymore. It will cannibalize GT instead so it'll make it seem as if there's growth. It will migrate user data to webnovel.com. Once, GT is gone, those highly-paid translators will be laid off in favor of cheaper labor. haha

WuxiaWorld seems to be making the more mature and business-savvy decision, unlike GGP whose greed made him and his "friends" lose out in potential (millions of $) in royalties once books, movies or series adaptation on the translated novels are released in the western market.

99 others and Mangochic like this.
  20. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiaworld took a hit after all this Qidian stuff but it looks like they're coming back stronger than ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.