TV Million Yen Women 2017

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by J-Mitch, Aug 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw this tv-series from the joint venture of TV-Tokyo & Netflix, featured on Netflix. It just reeks of the basic-type harems you often see in Japanese novels lately. Except, there is a mysterious aspect to it from the start. The usual type of MC, the kind gets under your skin on how timid he appears at first is there though.

Anyway, I haven't watched for long (4 minutes in) but every character is unique, all with some extremes. From the first couple of minutes, they play the role that defines them, and you are learning what to expect, but also wondering what they are capable of. (Ps: one of the women eats naked at dinner. Yeah...)

[​IMG]

Plot:
    Shin Michima (Yojiro Noda) is an unpopular novelist. He has lived with 5 mysterious women in the same house for half a year. Minami Shirakawa (Rila Fukushima) loves coffee. Hitomi Tsukamoto (Rena Matsui) loves black tea, yoga and reading good books. Yuki Kobayashi (Miwako Wagatsuma) is a polite woman and loves roasted green tea. Midori Suzumura (Rena Takeda) is a high school student and loves acerola juice. Nanaka Seki (Yuko Araki) loves drinking milk.

These 5 women pay Shin a million yen every month for rent and living expenses. They have roles in the house and questions about the women are banned.

-> As you can tell from the synopsis, the rules heighten the mystery.

I'm not sure if this is a series I'd continue. Again, I've only watched for 4 minutes. Typically, this kind of story is not my thing, but it is interesting to see something that's been written often come to life in front of you.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh netflix

3. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, honestly, I'll only look at it since I trust your taste >~>

4. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, no... I only thought it was interesting how it reminded me of a lot of JP novels. I'm not saying it was good. Only watched 4 minutes of it.

5. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    it sucks i wont get netflix again till another few weeks. I love harems, but you know live action drama stuff...eh, i dont know. Im iffy about those, especially when its asian cuz i hate how the voices sounds...like not to be mean but its just that im used to the anime voices and everything else therefore sounds weird...english too now...but i'll check it out eventually. I trust you shan't lead me astray fam.

EDIT Actually how the hell a highschool girl able to pay a million yen a month? Sounds suspicious, especially with that no questions rule....they're hookers aren't they?

6. R0adRunner206

R0adRunner206 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I must've not had enough sleep I thought it said [teaser] Million yen women [live "auction" drama 2017]

7. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    OK not spectacular, honestly they wrapped it up way to quickly with his whole drama background crazy PEW PEW. I just felt the last episode was very rushed.