Feature Request Minimum post count for Novel Pickup Request

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Phoenix, May 25, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Nameless Wanderer 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing as most of the Novel Pickup requests are posted by people with only 0-5 posts, can we set a minimum limit before an user can create a thread there (Like 10 or 20)?
    I'm just suggesting this because majority of these people are requesting novel pickups that aren't even 3 months old yet

GM_Rusaku and runsing like this.
  2. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I see where you are coming from but just because someone hasn't been posting, it doesn't make their request less valid than someone's who has posted more. I think following the guidelines is the most important thing, and if posts are formatted correctly then it's just providing exposure for more novels.

Posts that don't follow the format or ask for a project to be picked up because there hasn't been a release in 6 weeks etc should be removed though.

People can make requests, it's not like someone has to translate it. Making a post threshold will just invite people to spam 5-10 useless posts so that they can make a request asap.

You should be able to indirectly point people in the direction of the raws if you can't link yet.

AliceShiki and asriu like this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ran the idea of standard forms for new threads in that subforum - y'know, so that people literally had to post in the correct format - by Tony, but he doesn't think it's enough of an issue there... I kind of agree with him, anyway. I mean, if you look, there are only a couple of locked threads in the first 4~5 pages of the subforum dating back to over a week ago. People really do (mostly) follow the format there.

The same applies for the three months rule.

I've also seen people perfectly capable of posting links break that three months rule, too.. at least as much as people who can't post links yet. Limiting thread creation that way doesn't seem like it'd work.

AliceShiki and runsing like this.
  4. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, just report em.