(Monthly) Short Story Writing Prompts Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by AliceShiki, Oct 22, 2016.

?

June's Topic!

Poll closed May 21, 2018.
  1. Fictogemino

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The Hero Proposed to me, but I'm the Demon King (or queen!)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Lights Out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sinners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Continue A Story (Feel free to choose any of the 3)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't the first letters of every sentence, but the first letters of every paragraph.
    ...though, it still wouldn't make any lick of sense.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre: Adventure I guess? Fantasy could also work...
    Word Count: 1440
    Title: Not Another Goddess' Call...

"Hello, this is automated message, if you wish to receive super powers and reincarnate in another world, please press-"

*click*

"Did you ever wish you had super powers? You can get them now! You just need to-"

*click*

"A cheat for everyone! Don't be a normal person! Get a cheat right now-"

*click*

"You have one unread message from a goddess, to hear it-"

*click*

Seriously now... After the discovery of magic, I end up receiving those calls daily... Isn't it enough? Who would be crazy enough to want to receive super powers and become a heroine? It's suicidal, and the payment isn't that good in the first place... And don't get me started on the thing of going to another world, that is a lifetime job to develop the place by using modern knowledge, for no wages at all, no way I'll do that!

I'd much rather keep up living a normal life without any sort of-

*ring ring*

Not again...

"Hello?"
    "Great, it finally connected! Do you have any sort of magic powers or similar?"
    "Uhn... No?"
    "Perfect, we'll need you right now!"
    "Just what are you-"

Things became dark all of a sudden... Please don't tell me I'm being teleported, please don't tell me I'm being teleported... Of course I was teleported...

"Hey Alice, long time no see!"
    "Rina? Just what is this about? We haven't met in 6 years and that's how you call me?"
    "Sorry, sorry, I just really needed the help of someone without magic-"
    "Hold on, start from the beginning... What is this all about?"
    "Oh, right... Well, I accepted one offer of going to another world fight evil demons and all, you know, the usual, it was pretty fun so far, but... We got into a problem."
    "And that is?"
    "The demon lord absorbs magic, so... My cheat level spells are actually the worst thing possible against it."
    "And what do I have to do with that?"
    "Uhn... You know... You don't have magic, so I was thinking of..."
    "No way."
    "Oh, come on! This whole world is doomed if you don't help!"
    "Well, maybe you'd have better chances if you called an actual fighter to help you!"
    "How do you think I'd have the phone of a professional fighter!? I had to call someone on my contact list, and everyone that knew anything about martial arts had already gotten magical powers!"
    "So, I wasn't the first option?"
    "Of course not, who'd call their friend from 6 years ago as their first option to save a whole new world? I'm not that stupid!"
    "Fair enough... Still, I'm not doing it."
    "Hear me out at least! I don't need you to kill the Demon Lord!"
    "You don't?"
    "No, that would be suicidal, there is no way you could win."
    "So what's the plan anyway?"
    "You'll really help us!?"
    "Don't put your hopes up..."
    "Right... Well, anyway, it's actually a pretty simple one, we'll raid the Demon Lord's castle, and try to create an opening for you, you should enter their chamber and try to convince them to not destroy the world, as easy as that!"
    "Please highlight the easy part for me."
    "Uhn... Think of the plus side! We'll try to make a magical prison for the Demon Lord, so you'll have a few minutes to try and convince them to give up on the whole world destruction thing! If worst comes to worst, you can always join them!"
    "You don't mind me joining them?"
    "I don't have enough materials to make another summoning circle anyway, so you're pretty much our last hope, everything and everyone on this world has mana, so nobody from here can help us. If you fail, we might as well give up."
    "Wait... You don't have enough to make another summon... So... You can't send me back either?"
    "Teehee?"
    "Then I don't even have the right to refuse... Just great... So much for wanting to live a peaceful everyday life..."
    "We'll do our best! Try to save the world in the best way you can!"
    ----------------------------------------------------
    On a carriage towards the Demon Lord's Castle.

"Since I was forced to help, I might as well ask, why does the Demon Lord wants to destroy the world anyway? Isn't that the dumbest goal ever?"
    "How should we know?"
    "Wait, you don't?"
    "If someone suddenly appears saying: 'I'll destroy all of this world! Fear me, for I am death incarnate!' and starts attacking everyone, do you really think anyone would bother questioning their goals?"
    "Fair enough, though... There is one thing I still didn't get... Why did you need me anyway? If the purpose is just to talk, it doesn't matter if your powers can be absorbed or not, right?"
    "Oh, the Demon Lord absorbs living beings as well, nobody can get on a 200m radius of them."
    "Just great... Fine, whatever..."
    "We're counting on you Alice!"
    "Uuuuuuuugh..."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    While raiding the castle.

"There, the path is opened Alice! It's all on your hands now!"
    "How I wish this was all a dream..."

*opens door*

"Uhn... Excuse me?"
    "Die human!!!"

*gets stopped by a barrier*

"As soon as I consume this barrier, that is! Just you wait!" *some grumbling starts to be heard*
    "Your image of Demon Lord is... A bit different from what I expected."
    "What, is there a problem with me?"
    "No, it's just that... You don't really seem like someone that really wants to destroy the world... What's up with that goal anyway?"
    "Hmph, why do you even care?"
    "Well, the world is pretty much doomed once you go all out according to what others said, might as well discover why is it that I'm dying, right?"
    "Stupidest goal ever, isn't it? I can't really help it though. 'Oh, our child is so incredible! He can absorb Mana! He'll definitely become a catastrophe of legends!' 'I can't wait to hear what our son will do to those puny humans! His name will be feared across the entire universe!' And all that, family expectations can be really bothersome at times, you know?"
    "What, really? That's your reason? Because you don't want to let your parents down? What are you, a child!?"
    "Hey, I'm already 17!"
    "And I'm 23, respect your elders and behave properly then!"
    "I can kill you with a single finger if I want! You should respect me!"
    "As if that would change the final outcome, I'm going to get killed by a brat that can't even go against his parents' wishes anyway, might as well speak my mind then!

Seriously, of all things... After being dragged in here, I thought I could at least die for a decent reason..."
    "What do you expect me to do then?" *pouts*

He is... Kinda cute when pouting...

"Anything? I mean, it's not like they can force you anyway, you can absorb their magic, can't you? You are a super unstoppable power that can be as independent as you want, why would you even need to hear their orders?"
    "That... Actually makes complete sense.

What then? Not like I have anything to do, or any particular goals that are my own..."
    "Why don't you come to my world then? There are tons of jobs for heroes there, and there is no lack of things to waste time upon, you definitely wouldn't be bored."
    "Me? A hero? I'm a Demon Lord! Why would I become a hero!?"
    "Why not? It's an easy way of getting money, wouldn't take much time, and you'd have tons of time and money to spend on all sorts of hobbies."
    "That is..."
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    "What? Is this serious?"
    "Do you really think I could come up with such a crazy story?"
    *sighs* "To think you would meet your husband like this... Congratulations on your marriage I guess, I called because I was surprised to receive a marriage invitation after 8 years without talking, but... Wow, this was unexpected."
    "Thanks Lily, I just thought it was a good chance to try and restart things, we didn't talk ever since you became a magical girl after all."
    "Can't really be helped, I never expected I would stop fighting crime and become an idol though... Life takes some crazy turns for everyone it seems.

I'll be sure to attend your marriage though!"
    "I'll be waiting for you Lily!"
    "What happened to Rika anyway? You're not inviting her?"
    "Her? She is happily married on that world she was summoned to became a goddess or something as well, dunno, I lost contact after a few months."
    "Some people sure aim big... Oh well, take care! I'll see you on your wedding!"
    "Laters!"

This was a weird one, at first I planned the Demon Lord being actually a girl and they becoming Best Friends, then I changed it to this, but I thought that I had ran too far away from the theme, so I just added the second call at the end of the story... I think the formatting wasn't the most professional one out there, but... I had fun, so I don't care! \(^^)/

Fossil, Action, Pyoo and 1 other person like this.
  3. happy

happy [happily dead] [heartless] [contracted to Tony]

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre: Uhh...? Dark, drama, (trigger warning: suicide, death)
    Word Count: 1254
    Title: Glassy Sky

Not edited. I started writing this like two hours ago on a whim, and I actually didn't even re-read this. xD Kind of went back to add gifs and stuff, lol.

Uh, it should be kind of obvious what I was listening to while I wrote this. XDD

Glassy Sky (Short Story)

[​IMG]

“Glassy sky above
    As long as I survive
    You will be part of me
    Glassy sky the cold
    The broken pieces of me
    Glassy sky above
    Covers over me, over me”

★ ★ ★​

My fingers come to a rest on the piano keyboard. The last cadence echoes and fades away as I close my eyes. Beads of sweat roll down my forehead. I reach for my towel on the bench beside me and wipe my face.

Sweltering. Hot.

Even though it is late after twilight hours, humidity has trapped the summer heat in this muggy piano studio. Playing in this sauna of a room is almost unbearable. If it weren’t for the fact that I would probably go insane (literally) if I went without the piano a single night, I wouldn’t have been here anyways. No sane person would be in the local middle school’s Music Room B this late on a Friday night, especially when it lacks air conditioning.

But I’m not exactly a sane person. I would have killed myself years ago if I didn’t have piano for my soul to cling to. It’s like a thin thread of salvation, those faint ephemeral strings of music and counter-melodies flowing from my fingers.

Sometimes I like to joke that I have a contract with the devil. Take away my piano, and you can kiss my life goodbye.

Whoops, there I go flying off the rooftop.

★ ★ ★​

[​IMG]

Sorry, that was tasteless of me.

It’s a bad habit of mine to joke about morbid things. I just can’t help it. There’s a certain point after so many years when depressing things are no longer depressing. It just feels ironic – like something I want to laugh about. It is difficult to place words onto this feeling, I think Edgar Allen Poe understood this. There’s something about macabre things that makes you want to poke fun at it.

I collect my things and stand hesitantly up from the piano.

Slinging my messenger bag over my shoulder, I gather my light summer coat into my arms and close the lid to the piano. I flip my phone open to check the time, and it is 9:23 PM.

Pocketing the device, I give one last glance around Music Room B before I give the light switches a flick.

Everything goes dark.

As my eyes struggle to adjust, I fumble with the keys while I struggle to find the one that will lock this room. It takes a few tries before I find the correct one that slides into the slot, and I give it a turn.

Click.

★ ★ ★​

My name is Aaron Stone. Age 34. Divorced. Chronically depressed.

I’m a music teacher at the Summerville East Regional Middle School, and I’m dirt poor. I graduated from Julliard Music School and stuff, sure – but it’s not like prestigious music schools have ever done me any good in life. Despite my alma mater, I’m really just average. I was an average student, average pianist, average musician.

One can’t make a living as a pianist being average.

After I broke my hip ten years ago, that ended my career doing gigs and performances. Now I’m just an old guy who can’t even afford to have a piano in his apartment, let alone barely pay the bills.

As I step into the staff room to return the keys, a flash of lightening and an accompanying tympanic clash of thunder roars outside. The abruptness of the flare of white light paralyzes me for a second, but only for a moment. The steady pitter patter of a torrent of rain begins to stream outside.

I didn’t bring an umbrella.

The corner of my mouth twitches for a moment, but I start limping my way to the front entrance.

Ba-dump, ba-dump.

Ba-dump, ba-dump.

The sound of my off-kilter footsteps echoes in the empty hallway.

I wish I could say it was my heart that was making these sounds, but I’m afraid I lost my heart long ago. Now I only have my legs keeping me alive. They whisper to me, walk, don’t think. Just keep moving forward. Don’t think about what you’re missing. If you look back, it will only weigh you down.

If you look back, you will sink. In the flood.

Swim. Swim. Swim or else drown.

Under the water.

[​IMG]

★ ★ ★​

I push open the double doors of the main entrance, and I am greeted by a deluge of rain so heavy, even Noah of the Bible would be impressed. There are several inches of water blanketing the parking lot already, even though it has barely rained for minutes, making the street look as reflective and shiny as a glassy sky.

In the back of my head, it crosses my mind to hope it doesn’t flood into the ground floor back at home. I don’t have flood damage insurance, after all.

Just as I prepare myself to make a limping bolt across the parking lot to my decrepit 15-year-old car, my phone vibrates in my pocket. It shakes maddeningly, like an angry beast desperate to escape the folds of my pants. I stop to take it out.

“Incoming Call: ******* ******”

I see the name on the caller ID and I grimace. I don’t understand why she’d call me now. After all these years, we had made it a point to never take each other’s calls. She had been glad to get me out of her life, and I likewise the felt the same.

I ignore it.

As I turn towards the parking lot again, my phone gives a single buzz, signifying a text message has arrived. I flip open my phone to give it a glance:

“Fuck you.”

It says. I give it a wry smile.

I put my phone away and immediately start making an clodhopping dash through the torrential downpour. The awkward tempo of my legs splashes across the thick puddle of reflective water that spans the entire length of the parking lot.

It is like I am a rock skipping across a pond, leaving massive ripples in my wake. I feel the tepid water soaking through my shoes, drenching my socks and sending shivers up my bones. How far can I go before I sink like a Stone?

★ ★ ★​

Despite my negative thoughts, I manage to make my way to my car without sinking.

I take shelter under the rusted aluminum chassis as the rain drums on the roof like a machine gun pelleting my cover.

My clothes are soaked, and I’m dripping water everywhere inside.

My cellphone gives a buzz again, and I take it out again to read the text.

“Kids. Car crash. Need you at the fucking hospital.”

My fingers freeze as I read those words, and I feel my breathing stop. I find myself unable to move. Time moves slowly, and I’m unable to process my thoughts.

My thumb twitches as I regain control of myself, and with jerking robotic motions, I insert the keys into the ignition. Clumsily, knocking over the empty coffee mug in the cup holder, I set my phone on speaker and hit the redial button.

As the car starts up, the dial tone of my phone is like a throbbing sound, agonizing with all its effort to connect two bereft voices across shaky radio waves and imaginary space, who haven’t spoken in years.

The link is successful.

“Hello.” I hear an alien yet familiar voice across the line.

My car pulls out, hurtling forward, driving like a chariot across the glassy sky.

I am flying in the air.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Pyoo, CDLevit and AliceShiki like this.
  4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre: Idk..Conversation?Game elements?
    Word Count: 1280 words.
    Title: Making Deals Over late Night Calls~~
    Motaro was someone who was always known for being a hard working young man. All of his classmates said that if at all there was someone they ever wanted to date, it wouldn’t be Motaro...eh? Why is that?

Because Motaro feels that relationships are not something that he should care about. No one knew why he had this point of view about relationships and dating in general. I mean, even if he had some of the more uncommon sexual orientation, the world has been changing constantly so…Why was he so negative about relationships? Heck,he even seemed to hate women.

None of his friends knew, and no one wanted to ask. And thus, life went on for Motaro just like that… until his sleep got disturbed one night.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tring Tring! Tring Tring!!

“Uhh..what is the time? Is it the alarm? It feels so dark…

It is 2 AM! Who is calling me now? Sigh..I might as well answer the call.”

“Hello? Who is this?”

“Eh,Is this Motaro that I am speaking to?”

“Yes, it is. I am Motaro. May I know who it is?”

“I am sorry for calling you so late at night. I don’t know if you remember me, but I was in the same class as you. My name is Scarlet. Do you remember?”

As soon as he heard the name of the girl he was talking to, Motaro suddenly stood up.

“Wait..Scarlet? The Scarlet who kicked me in the balls in high school?”

“Umm... yeah, it is me. Sorry about that day... I still regret it.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore...Why are you calling me now? How did you even get my number?”

“ I searched for you online, and it turns out that one of your classmates is my friend so… She gave me your number. I need your help.”

“ Is it that urgent? I barely slept just now…If you need something, please tell me quickly. I will help you in any way I can.”

“So…um, could you please give me some of your soul?”

“Sigh…my dreams are getting more and more realistic these days.”

“I am not joking. I really need some souls right now. I am trying to make something, and for that I need the souls of 15 people who I have connections with.”

“I barely even remembered you… I think you should find someone else. And also…Stop drinking. You are spouting some weird stuff here”

“I am not drunk! The reason why I need your soul in particular is because...well, you know. I am sure you must be trying real hard to forget what happened between us, and you probably already forgot. But, we are still connected. I will get better results if the soul belonged to a person who is deeply connected to me.”

“Ok, then. I am hanging up. You made the wrong choice by reminding that stuff. And now that I am fully awake….You and your witchcraft can go to hell!! Back then, you toyed with me so that you could succeed in whatever you were doing…I still feel disgusted towards women, subconsciously, because of you. Good bye!”

“Wait, Motaro. Please list-“

Beep. The call was cut off. Motaro didn’t go back to sleep that night.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The next night. At 2 AM.

Tring Tring! Tring Tring!

“Oh God… Its her again!! Should I pick it up?”

“Hello Motaro. I know that you probably won’t be picking up this call, so I will be leaving this message. I know that you are probably very upset about what I did back then. It is understandable. But, this is a fresh deal! You give me a piece of your soul and I shall wipe away the memory of that incident from history forever! What do you say?”

Hearing this, Motaro immediately picks up the phone and starts talking, in a rather loud manner.

“ Scarlet…Do you think the stuff you did is something that can be erased just like that? You kicked me in the balls, in front of the whole school, because I beat you in a game!! That is something I cannot simply forget.”

“Beware, Motaro. It is not just a game. ‘Witches and B*tches’ is a way of life! Don’t you dare disrespect it!”

“Oh yeah? Well guess what? I feel it is just a stupid game! So, I will not be giving up a piece of my soul just for that game!”

“If it is just a game, Motaro…Then why are you so unwilling to give up your soul? I have seen your account. You have a Level 88 soul. If you are willing to trade with me, so be it. Otherwise…I can be very dangerous.”

“What are you gonna do? Toy with me again and kick me in the balls? I have leveled up since then. I am no longer the noob that bet about the kick with you back then. I lost that day, but I will not lose today!”

“Do you even understand what I am talking about? I am already Level 99. I only need the soul fragments of 15 other players who are above level 75….And because you are someone I know, I decided to contact you. It will be an honor for you to know the person who will be the first to beat the game! And just so you know…If I beat you that day, then I can beat you today as well!”

“So this is what you meant by ‘people you had connections with’? I see…No wonder. You were talking about people you beat in the past while they were noobs! Because you couldn’t beat the big timers. I don’t care. I will not willingly give you the soul fragment. You may be able to erase the battle records back then, but you cannot erase the minds of people! Far too many people saw it…So, even if I was to consider the deal, I wouldn’t be giving you what you need.”

“ Motaro…think carefully. What is more important? Is it the way people look at you, or is the way people look at your avatar?”

“What do you mean?”

“ I will offer a new deal to you. You will give me your soul fragment because I can only take the fragments from people I beat in the past…And these days there are just too few who play...Ehem who live in ‘Witches and B*tches’ any longer! In the future, once I beat the game and will be crowned the ultimate Witch and receive the ultimate B*tch from the Almighty Mod Server…I will give you the Ultimate B*tch. What is more important? Your high school friends looking at you awkwardly, or the many members of ‘Witches and B*tches’ looking enviously at you and your ultimate B*tch? Think carefully.”

“…I need some time.”

“Think carefully. The B*tch will not wait for you. I am already doing you a favor by giving you the B*tch. I will now have to offer the others gems and jewels.”

“Alright. I accept. However, once you become Level 100, you must form an alliance with me. And that alliance will be called the ‘Godly Mega-Super member alliance!”

“…Get lost. You will just enter my own ‘B*tches are Annoying’ alliance. Deal or No Deal?”

“So be it. It is not like the real world is so important. As long as I own the Ultimate B*tch…I don't care what the others think about me!”

“Good, then. Let me contact you online in the future. Btw, did you change your username recently? I am unable to find you right now…”

“Yes, I decided to call myself MangoGuy now. I hope our alliance can be successful! B*tches are annoying!”

What if you got a call late one night from someone you don't want to remember,and that someone wants a piece of your soul? And also...You know what she means.

PS: This is my first time participating in this, so I expect this to be way below the standards expected. I am always willing to take suggestions and/or criticisms. I hope you like it.
    Peace and Mangoes.

Action, AliceShiki and happy like this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked it!

If anything, I'd say it would be nicer if you had made the thing of them talking about a game a bit more impactful... Right now the transition was way too smooth.

Still, it was a really fun read!

Let me see if I can add that to the ToC on phone... Sometimes my phone hates copy pasting stuff...

Edit: It worked!

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. thanks for the suggestion. I originally didn't have any idea as to how many words I still had,so I kinda rushed but,I think I am satisfied with my first attempt.
    EDIT: Basically,I didnt want the focus to be on the game,but rather o the phone call itself.

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The word count has a pretty wide margin, so don't worry about it too much!

I think it was done well! \(^^)/

MangoGuy likes this.
  8. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    MangoGuy, Pyoo and AliceShiki like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it to be pretty cute!

If anything, I'd be a bit more careful in the usages of the quotation marks, at some points during the dialogue I thought that the speaker had changed, but it was Mira speaking the whole time.

The changes of PoV were easy to notice, so I think they were fine overall.

Action likes this.
  10. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC, if you want to make the long paragraphs from the same speaker, you should go like:

"lalalalalla.

"lelelellelelele.

"lilililililiil.

"lololololololol.

"luululululululu." <- This is the last paragraph from this speaker.

"blablablabla." <- New speaker in here.

I think you closed the quotations at some points in which it was still Mira speaking.

Action likes this.
  12. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs*
    it was nice!
    the ending was nice and cute, I smiled
    I do think it's sufficient~ and a nice enough call back~
    and i guess if i was gwy, i would wanna hurry and win mira's hand in friendship back (?)

Action likes this.
  13. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool!! The pov change was not an issue. It was a good short one. I am assuming that they have some kind of relation which is more than just friendship in the future? Idek..This got me interested in them!! Good for you!

Action likes this.
  14. Action

Action Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

MangoGuy likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I'm glad you feel like that! \(^^)/

Action likes this.
  16. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre : Action, Adventure, Fantasy... Dunno
    Word count : 1643 word
    Title : Broken Friendship

Synopsis : There was a 3 friend once living together, but as they grew up their opinion often clash and they got a really messy breakup. After a years of years they walk their path alone, they meet again... In the summit of the empty land...

"Hazery, Ronald. Please i beg of you to stop..." the woman ask with a tear that fallen to her cheek...

"I can't Xerola, i already told you that i will reach to the summit! I will reach to the top that no one ever reach before. The highest height that surpass them all. Not even this shitbag can stop me." Declare Hazery with a firm stance in his posture.

"Xerola, just go back already. I already told you that as long as i will live, i will kill all of those bastard and drag them toward the hell itself. Even if this piece of shit dare to stand in my way, i will still cut him." Ronald answer it with a murderous intent in his eyes as he look toward Hazery

The three people stand together in the empty land. The three people was Xerola, Hazery, and Ronald, a former best friend. The relationship beetween them is already detoriated to the lowest of the lowest point. What once considered as the best friend have become the worst enemy right in both of their eyes, excluding Xerola whom both still regard as their own dear little sister...

It all started 43 years ago, in a little village called Kwarisa Village. Live 3 war orphan called Hazery (12), Ronald (12), and Xerola (10). The three of them lost their parent in a war that happen between a nearby kingdom. Since became orphan they banded together and start living together in a small hut created with a used and half rotten woods and start to support each other. As a time passes the relationship between them become stronger each day and they start to call each other as Brother and Sister...

The Human in this world have a long life, with an average life of 89 years old, but if they themselves got a body with a high concentration of mana, they can life for additional 200 years old. Surprisingly the three of them have an extremely high concentration of mana in their body.

One day, when they travel to a close town to search for a new job, they witness a horrible incident that happen after a small noble kill a slave and several commoner. They were shocked by the cruelty of the said noble, when they asked the nearby passerby why the noble is fine after killing the slave they said that since they are a noble, they were free to do anything they like.

This incident set both of the brother thought differently...

"Hazery, this is really cruel! Why did they kill that hopeless slave! And they massacre several people too! How could it be..."

"Yes, i agree... But what can we do? Hop in and try to save them and make ourselves as unnecessary sacrifice? Just let them be Roland..."

After this conversation, both of them start to doubt each other because of their different opinion. While the little sister is still in the dark after watching the scene, she didn't manage to catch the conversation between each brother.

And years by years happen, when they both reach 18 years old, theire opinion start to clash with each other. Hazery want to reach to the height that have never even seen before and want to rule a new kingdom he want to create while Ronald want to kill all of the scum noble and lead a rebellion to destroy the nearby kingdom. Their opinion started to heated and after this they broke up...

The little sister started to crying every night because her big brother fight and the messy broke up, choosing their own path alone, even so both of her brother still support her by giving her enough money to pay for her school fee since both of her brother manage to become an adventurer at 16 years old, saving their money for their little sister school life to become a knight.

This messy broke up will make an impact toward the future destiny. Hazery gone to the south land where many kingdom had fallen there and manage to create a new kingdom where he rule the people by a new law that support a commoner, an idea given by his follower. Many of the citizen there happy being ruled by him. Even if many neighboor kingdom didn't accept he becoming a new king that rule the land there, the support of the nearby citizen and a messy rebel within their own kingdom only make Hazery new kingdom, rise in popularity, making a nearby citizen migrate to his kingdom. And he start to declare himself as The True Emperor.

The exact opposite happen to Ronald, he manage to create a big underground guild that manage to control many kingdom with him. His guild started of as an outlaw dark guild but as he is manage to seize the control of many noble possession and failed attempt to destroy them, many of the noble is quick to surrender fearing that they will be massacred if they dare to resist. And soon, the kingdom start surrending and reluctanly accept their presence and their demand, for fearing the worst that will happen for them. And soon, he announce himself as an Absolute Monarch of the Underground. What makes this weird is because many citizen support them because they had enough of the noble suppression against them.

As for the little sister, Xerola. She usually got bullied by many of the noble daughter and even the kingdom princess because of her status as a mere commoner, she even almost got raped by the duke son, luckily she manage to escape him. After she graduate, she still got shunned by the noble there. But everything changed after the duke son and several princess that dare to attempt rape and bully her died in the worst possible way, and learn that she was the little sister of Absolute Monarch Ronald and The True Emperor Hazery. Allmost all of the noble start to seek her to ask an apology, for fearing that their family or kingdom will be massacred by both of her brother. Even the king himself seek her to ask a forgiveness and directly give her the title of Archduchess, while punishing all of the noble son/daughter that have bullying her before, surprisingly no one dare to refute the king, even all of the noble agree and accept for it.

Xerola has been asked to join her brother Hazery or Ronald, but she refuse because she knew that if she accept one of her brother invitation, one of them will wage war against each other. Both of the brother still regret for it, but didn't dare to force her. They silently accept their sister answer and will still protect her from the shadow.

Years by years silently passed by, the name of Hazery and Ronald name have reach to a new height. Many neighborhing kingdom start to accept them as a true ruler for fearing they will destroy their kingdom while Xerola name will always followed behind their name. Even if she has become an archduchess no one dare to ask for marriage with her because they knew that whomever dare to touch Xerola will receive a wrath from both brother. Even Xerola didn't have a desire to marry yet.

If you think the relationship between brother is good, then you're wrong. Both of them will still insult each other, and sometimes both of them will wage war against each other... And one day their sister snap. She send both brother to meet her at the empty land in the east. And they confront each other like before.

"Brother... *sob*.. Why... *sob*.. Why did you still fighting brother? *sob*... Please stop your fighting and let's go home like before brother *sob*... *sob**sob*" With a broken word and a tear, Xerola force herself to convince her brother to stop this senseless war.

"As long this shit still alive, i will not stop! You should know this Xerola!" Says Ronald...

"If this shit still cling to his useless thinking of destroying and controlling noble while using a low mean to achieve it, i won't accept him!" Answer Hazery back

"But what about me brother? What about me?! I always love you, i know what did you do to achieve it, but even so i don't care brother! Please... Stop fighting brother... Let's go home... I don't want you to die..." Xerola finally broke, her tears won't stop. Hazery and Ronald stop their muttering and look toward their little sister. A sister they have protected together even when they were far. Even if they are at the end of each other, if their sister need a help, they will rush to kill anyone tthat dare to hurt her. Yet today, they realize that the one that hurt her much was themselves... When both of them realize it, their hearts hurt.... The one that they want to protect is the one they hurt...

"... Okay sister, if this what you want... I will make a truce with him, whag do you think... Shit..." exclaim Hazery.

"I really hate this, but fine. I will accept it for now..." accept Ronald.

When hearing this, Xerola didn't dare to believe it. Both brother start to create a truce. Thing's that they have never try again for this 40 years... She start to smile and hug both of her brother while crying. She don't care even if they have done something worse, they are her beloved brother afterall, she don't want both of them suffer or even worse, dead.

While she manage to convince both of them, she don't know how long this truce will last, but she won't stop convincing them again if they fight... They are her beloved brother afterall... She will start to try to rebuild the lost relationship between them.

yeah, i know the explanation is a bit weird, even the ending feel bland, but since this is just a short story well... And sorry for lack of grammar or english, i have a hard time to write in english rather than writing in my own language...

Pyoo likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the story is a bit nice, and the ending is sweet... But... For which topic did you write this? I mean... It doesn't really seem to fit June's topic, and I have no idea what other topic it could be for.

Or was it just a short story about a topic that you wanted to make, independent of the topics on the first post?

18. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i write it in my phone! So it's almost impossible for me to recheck the content of my story! Seriously, writing with my phone is hard!

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, I understand that... Using phone is tough! >.<

20. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    GENRE: Fiction

Word count:754

Title: Random Call

Ever since young I like the night. Staying late while appreciating the darkness,quietness, solitude and an unknown sense of safety. Because I love the night I have this habit of staying late or until sleep calls upon me. And today seems like most of my nights composing of a book,a loop of a classic set of music, and a quite night. Except it didn't last long for after just a few pages a ringing sound encloses the still room.

*Ring* *Ring*

I clicked my tongue because a little annoyance grew in me but I reluctantly answer the call without bothering who's calling me.

"...."

I waited for a few more seconds yet the caller maintain his or her silence. I clicked my tongue once more and decided to drop the call. With that matter gone I reread once more the start of the paragraph which I have red halfway already.

'Arnold gaze upon the horizon towards the settling sun. Wandering what mystery it hold. He did remember his old man saying that orange ball is a big ball of flame which is a thousand much bigger than the world im-'

Again my reading have been disrupted by an incoming call. I made a frown and checked who have been disturbing my night time peace.

- Jesson calling

Without me noticing a puzzled look appeared on my face. If there's someone who knows him is seeing his expression right now they could tell that somethings definitely not right. Cause an expression such as these rarely appear upon him. But only he is in the room so all these are to be left.

I accepted the call without an ounce of hesitation rather there's a little glint of curiosity in my eyes.

"Uh-m Sorry for disturbing you this late at night" He said with a voice full of anxiety.

"..." I kept my silence waiting for him to explain some more detail.

"I know its been years since we made a contact but - I'm really sorry" Even though we are talking in the phone I can imagine his nervousness yet I didn't care cause all my attention is on what is making him feel fidgety.

"I'm sorry for leaving you behind back then and for not trusting you but I was so confused back then and thinking about it now makes me feel guilty adding into the fact that I-I-I- like you." Even after that I still hold my indifference toward what he is saying.

"At first I thought you were a sissy but the more we interact the more I know you, That's when I start liking your meticulous personality,your detach and calm nature. Nevertheless I also hated you for being so quiet because I know that you can understand the jargons that sometimes I am talking."

He paused for a second and I can't help imagining his figure which look like he is reminiscing the past.

"Then when you took first place at the poem making competition back then an explicable feeling of joy came at me But when I red your poem my heart starts pounding it lasted through the whole night and a phrase in the poem keeps on echoing inside my head - Out there my brothers towards the Unknown! "

"We shall conquer it, either with idiocy or through patience" I said in a soft voice subconsciously.

"I thought I was gay or something so I decided to just walk away cause I kept on thinking about you. Hell I don't want to be gay but I cant deny the fact that I have feelings for you. But I was so wrong so wrong now that I know the truth I'm not gay nor you are neither are secretly a girl but you are my brother by blood."

Realization hit me all the dots have been connected just from his last words. We've been friends for years but he suddenly got missing. But still after all these years I know his personality like the back of my hand. Without hesitation I headed towards the door.

"You can come in now" I said while opening the door of my house.

I saw my brother taller than me by just centimeters. He look just like a child especially now that there are tears running across his face. With a slow movement I made a hugging gesture receiving his pitiful appearance while patting his back to comfort his sobbing.

'Its been hard on you" I Said in a low and soft voice.

Action likes this.