Must be nice to live in a cold place

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PinoyReader, May 25, 2017.

1. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a real fan of cold places. Since we are done with that lets move on to the next important bit.

Mostly, I think it is because we are ungrateful. People that live in hot countries will dream of cold places and vice versa. It can be easily seen, that in summers people wish for winters and vice versa.

I am not saying everybody is like that. But most of us fall under this category.

PinoyReader likes this.
  2. MillenniumMoon

MillenniumMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel your pain. I live in Cebu and it's so friggin hot!!! My poor tomatoes are wilting, so sad. :cry:

3. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    dont make me grill you chicken, then sun is your friend and god. start praising for forgiveness before you become dinner

Risus and bai li shi like this.
  4. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    First off, that depends very much on how cold we're talking, and what sort of shelter and heating you have.

For the homeless and the poor, here, a particularly cold night could well mean your death. At least where you are, the winters are short. Ours can seem to last forever sometimes, and many people have frozen to death because of it.

You say "it must be nice", and I can agree, sort of. For me, these days, it is great. Because I have heating, a bed, covers and blankets. When winter comes, I'll be safe and warm.

But for someone who does not have those things, one of our winters can easily mean their death.

5. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah. But once we are in the opposite environment we will realize that shit is hell since our body already has long exposure in hot/cold weather of our countries.

mir likes this.
  6. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't enjoy blizzards or heavy snow

7. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I understand most people won't bother reading it, my feelings on the cold are expressed pretty well early on in Moby Dick, which I've added in a spoiler.

But in short, as long as I am inside and warm, I love blizzards.

Euroclydon, nevertheless, is a mighty pleasant zephyr to any one in-doors, with his feet on the hob quietly toasting for bed. "In judging of that tempestuous wind called Euroclydon," says an old writer—of whose works I possess the only copy extant—"it maketh a marvellous difference, whether thou lookest out at it from a glass window where the frost is all on the outside, or whether thou observest it from that sashless window, where the frost is on both sides, and of which the wight Death is the only glazier." True enough, thought I, as this passage occurred to my mind—old black-letter, thou reasonest well. Yes, these eyes are windows, and this body of mine is the house. What a pity they didn't stop up the chinks and the crannies though, and thrust in a little lint here and there. But it's too late to make any improvements now. The universe is finished; the copestone is on, and the chips were carted off a million years ago. Poor Lazarus there, chattering his teeth against the curbstone for his pillow, and shaking off his tatters with his shiverings, he might plug up both ears with rags, and put a corn-cob into his mouth, and yet that would not keep out the tempestuous Euroclydon. Euroclydon! says old Dives, in his red silken wrapper—(he had a redder one afterwards) pooh, pooh! What a fine frosty night; how Orion glitters; what northern lights! Let them talk of their oriental summer climes of everlasting conservatories; give me the privilege of making my own summer with my own coals

But what thinks Lazarus? Can he warm his blue hands by holding them up to the grand northern lights? Would not Lazarus rather be in Sumatra than here? Would he not far rather lay him down lengthwise along the line of the equator; yea, ye gods! go down to the fiery pit itself, in order to keep out this frost?

Now, that Lazarus should lie stranded there on the curbstone before the door of Dives, this is more wonderful than that an iceberg should be moored to one of the Moluccas. Yet Dives himself, he too lives like a Czar in an ice palace made of frozen sighs, and being a president of a temperance society, he only drinks the tepid tears of orphans

Risus and zeus like this.
  8. briose

briose 『Bri-senpai』 『Boss Lady』

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess who is enjoying worst of both worlds
    In winter it can go even lower than -20 C and in summer it can peak over 40 C
    Just enjoy your only type of hell

IRandomGuy likes this.
  9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The middle is the best spot.
    It's around 20 degrees celcius here. Kekeke *attempts ojou-sama-type laughter*

Then again, a few weeks ago it was around 32 degrees in the day and 17 at night, and two or three days later, it was 18 in the day and 10 at night. Temperature whiplash. It keeps happening this year. I'm not used to it.

zeus likes this.
  10. PinoyReader

PinoyReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahaha I thought I'm the only one :ROFLMAO:

11. PinoyReader

PinoyReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your two tomatoes?

12. Matsurika

Matsurika ❀Spring Tune❀『Blue Ashes』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not so nice for those with poor blood circulation in winter....

13. MillenniumMoon

MillenniumMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHA! I meant tomatoes literally, I'm a girl. :ROFLMAO:

14. Rephidim

Rephidim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also from Cebu and it is HOT :(

15. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's an acute angle... :D

16. wallshade88

wallshade88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is so freaking hot in Manila. Too hot that I literally soak my body in bath tub with 30kg of ice tube from 7-11 in order to escape heat. I imagine that living in a place with 4 seasons would be nice

vlue likes this.
  17. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you Q.O But it doesnt feel like 35, feels like 40 to me. I really hate summer! But hey, it's been raining a lot these days!

18. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god my room is small enough and the aircon is working :D

19. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    We only have fans! Wth ;-; RIAJUU EXPLODE!

3rd Rate Hikikomori likes this.
  20. Xixi

Xixi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DuDe HeRe It SnoWs In DamN JuNE, -40 Degrees in the winter, you can't go outside without turning into a popsicle