Spoiler My Chief Husband, Too Mensao!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by elparis, Aug 14, 2017.

1. annkanni

annkanni Membrum Bene Notum

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally caught up with the latest MTL chapters. :blobparty:

Most hated-loved scene so far:
    Won't elaborate on this, but it's corrupt and brutal. :eek: MC manages to send a partial recording of the threat to her mobile's speed-dial #1 which is supposed to be her best friend's number, not knowing that ML had changed it to his number. ML is in the middle of reviewing the latest R&D combat equipment when he receives the recording. He "tests" the prototype fighter plane for its speed and stealth, then swoops down and lands on the roof of the police station, partially collapsing it. :cool: Soon the station is surrounded by soldiers.

ML lets MC decide how to deal with Gu Qiu Shan (dad) and Gu Xue Xue (half-sis). GXX is sent to a jail cell to be raped by depraved criminals (MC was going to be sent there). GQS is being disgusting and threatening about MC's worth, and ML declares that he'll marry MC and take care of her. :love: GQS is sent to another jail cell to be raped by inmates with serious diseases (MC had been threatened that her brother would be sent there).

Second most hated-loved scene so far is in the latest chapters and ends in a cliffhanger:
    ML saves MC from an assassination attempt in the Gu home involving guns, bombs, and her brother's life. Before ML swoops in, MC manages to kill all the assassins with her kick-ass moves. They ride on the same prototype fighter plane (now painted white, original was grey) heading towards the location of a military exercise. MC marvels at the beautiful view of the warship formation from above. ML asks, "Do you like it?" MC nods, saying that it's the first time in her life to see something like this. He orders the adjutant to fly in a circle for MC to get a better view of the whole parade.

The soldiers see the plane approaching and prepare to salute ML. MC is curious but worried about breaking into the military exercise. ML replies, "I'm allowing you to break into my world." His thoughts: I'm letting you enter a bigger, more exciting world. *swoon*

I can imagine these two scenes in an action movie. :blob_sunglasses:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    @annkanni Isn't GXX's mom GQS sister? Doesn't that means she's a product of incest?

3. blazeria

blazeria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. I can verify that GMF (GXX mom) likes to sleep around with her family members so...yikes

Ceilo27 and Hae_UNa like this.
  4. kaguya0401

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes indeed. I can't wait to see how the story develops. Keep up the good work!
    Do you have any favorite moments that you are willing to spoil?

5. blazeria

Reading List:
    Link
    Apart from what Annakanni posted. There was when GQQ told him that he can't marry her as she doesn't know anything about him including his name. And he almost blows his top and he starts spewing his Name, age, sexual orientation, etc at her and is like why don't you know all this about me already? (p.s. not everyone has access to military intelligence GJ:facepalm:).

Also (I think this was after the prison arc) and they had gone back to his place, he wanted to get with her, she lied and said Aunt Flow (period) was here. So he researches things about periods, massages her to relieve non-existent cramps after another misunderstanding, tries to change her pad for her when she's sleeping cause she forgot, and apparently thinks tampons are the devils tools/torture devices:blob_grin:

There's a whole bunch of other cute scenes between the two (he's taking a lot of cold showers these days). Pretty satisfied as to how the relationship is evolving and the payback to GQQ family:blobowoevil:

Ceilo27, RBJ, SweetPink13 and 16 others like this.
  6. kaguya0401

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL :ROFLMAO:
    Definitely can't wait to see how this all turns out

7. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, disgusting. :blob_zipper_mouth:

You know the expression, "a daughter is her father's lover in his past life", that we read about in transmigration C-novels? That's disturbing too. :notlikeblob:

8. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    When he showed all the choices of pads in the drawer... :LOL:
    And the night he took more showers that he almost broke the tap from trying to control himself... :ROFLMAO:

EDIT 1: He did break the tap before and it had been replaced. :D
    EDIT 2: ML's intense and passionate behaviour toward MC reminds me of Su Ling from A Mistaken Marriage Match: A Generation Of Military Counselor. ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  9. therandomcookie

therandomcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers, please :love:

10. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    The author has just introduced a white lotus character. Looks like trouble up ahead. :eek:

This white lotus character has known ML for a long time and is obsessed with him. :rolleyes: She's a senior medical student, and has come up with an experimental drug to treat ML's allergic reaction to women. :sneaky: She knows ML's parents too. ML is aware of her true character and can't stand her, and he's alert about her underhanded attempts to snag him.

ML is at his parents' place visiting his adopted son who's sick. The white lotus is also there, and suggests in the presence of his parents to test the drug on ML, asking him to sleep there for the night. He rejects her outright, and can't wait to return to MC as he promised that he'd be back. ML would rather torture himself embracing MC in bed even if it means taking more cold showers. :ROFLMAO: His son begs him not to leave, so in the end ML gives in.

There's a sweet text exchange between ML and MC while in bed. He asks her whether she's asleep. She replies that she's about to sleep, then unconsciously sends another message asking who he's sleeping with, which she regrets immediately. :D He sends a photo of himself in bed covered with a quilt, there's a red arrow pointing to the empty side with written words, "I'm alone, do you want to come over?" She observes that the place doesn't look like a hotel but a family residence. Then she notices a bulge under the quilt, and is embarrassed at his shamelessness in showing his hard-on. :ROFLMAO: She sends a network error message as if it comes from the service provider and switches off her phone. :LOL:

ML is dead set on making MC his wife but she thinks he's not serious, that he said those things at the police station to help her.

Ceilo27, RBJ, SweetPink13 and 10 others like this.
  11. therandomcookie

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh! Another white lotus character! :eek: First in KoHC and now, here? Please leave our MLs alone!! Thanks for the spoiler ❤️❤️❤️ Hope the ML/MC crushes her to bits. I hope this drasted WLC doesn't try to sneak in his room and inject him with whichever medicine she came up with. D: already hating her!!!! :mad:

ML is a perv! So shameless xD

Ceilo27, odanezz0_3 and annkanni like this.
  12. LIght Novel San

LIght Novel San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This chinese novel is very similar to Hidden Marriage.

13. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome. :)

Hating that Ice Lotus Fairy in KOH too. :mad: I've read the spoiler thread, and there's a bigger heartache ahead that doesn't involve this character. :cry: The novel has 3200+ chapters and is still ongoing, so it can only get more complicated and convoluted, right? I don't have the heart and stamina to read through the MTL at the moment. :p

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  14. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    I am liking ML more and more. :love:
    The White Lotus had added a strong soporific drug to the anti-allergic-to-women medicine that's supposed to knock out ML for a whole day. She wanted ML to miss MC's grandfather's birthday celebration, and to take advantage of him. But even in his state he keeps shouting out MC's pet name, which helps him to overcome the effects of the drug, and he wakes up. He blasts The White Lotus, ordering her to get off him and calling her a pig for daring to to pass off her drug as treatment. He leaves without even sparing her a second glance. (Yes!)

Meantime MC is being matched in a marriage to the Mu family, which she refuses. (Won't elaborate on this.) ML walks in at the right moment, heads straight toward the MC, takes her hand, and informs her grandfather that he's her suitor. (Swoon!)

EDIT:
    The reason ML decided to take the drug was to be able to defend MC against the Gu family bitches during her grandfather's birthday celebration without suffering an allergic reaction. The drug, without the additional sedative, is not supposed to knock him out.

The Mu family has two sons, and the arranged marriage is supposed to be between a Mu son and a Gu daughter. MC is the only legitimate daughter. The grandmother and GMF suggest that GXX marry into the Mu family, which could save the family's failing business. (ML was the one who caused the business to suffer losses to avenge MC, but she doesn't know.) But the grandfather doesn't agree because GXX is not a legitimate daughter, then mentions MC. MC is absent-minded, wondering why ML hasn't showed up. She's jolted back to the present after the argument becomes more heated, then tells her grandfather that she doesn't want to marry into the Mu family, preferring to choose who she wants to marry. Then GMF suggests ML's name which GXX desires more, but the grandfather doesn't approve. He doesn't know ML's background, and is displeased about ML's being late after observing MC looking out the window often. When ML walks in, the men are amazed at his superior bearing and the women are swooning, but he ignores them all.

Not sure whether The White Lotus' name is Bai Mo Li. The MTL translates it as White Jasmine. Will give a cookie to a Chinese-proficient who could translate the name: 白茉莉. :cookie:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Ceilo27, RBJ, SweetPink13 and 13 others like this.
  15. kaguya0401

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is Bai Mo Li. (Not Chinese proficient though. Just going off what I know.)

annkanni likes this.
  16. therandomcookie

Reading List:
    Link
    Go die, white lotus D< Hope the ML cut all ties between her and his family. Kick her out of their lives altogether! Digging ML's resilience, though :love:

17. blazeria

Reading List:
    Link
    As of now I don't see the main lead cutting her off.
    For one I'm pretty sure she's one of the military high ranking doctors/research doctor or she has access to the military information so she can't just be dismissed casually (I mean she probably could but she seems like she would throw a hissy fit).

Secondly the main lead is keeping her around because she's researching a way to get rid of his allergy (and the reason he decided to take the medicine and almost missed GQQ lunch with her family is because he was worried that if he got touched like the last time by a girl he wouldn't be able to help GQQ). He realizes that's it's his biggest weakness and it's a big disadvantage with all the plotting happening.

I kind of hope the author explains why most of the Gu family hates GQQ and her bro. Unless I forgot there was no info about her mom? It's just too strange.

18. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the confirmation! Here's a cookie. :cookie:

Yeah, or she could be a cockroach like Duanmu Yao of Poison Genius Consort. :notlikeblob: Hope not.

If the novel ends up to be 1000 chapters or more, the backstories might be unravelled slowly. :cookie:

19. Kimchigal

Kimchigal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can’t wait for today’s update! Lol the author is always happily saying Gud nite leaving the cliffhanger

20. annkanni

Reading List:
    Link
    Not liking the latest chapters. What's up with the staff and students of the Imperial Military Medical University? MC is going through one obstacle after another, and she hasn't even started yet. Usual trope, damn it. :mad: At least she's able to use her martial arts to defend herself, and also avoid the mistake of her past life by returning the marriage token and letter to Mu Li Chuan.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Da Xiao Jie likes this.