Novel My Legend begins in Forsena

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Dyne46, Sep 27, 2017.

?

What do you think of the novel, My Legend begins in Forsena.

1. Good

20.0%
  2. Average

20.0%
  3. Could be better....

60.0%
  1. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the continent of Forsena, Peace is flourishing between six countries: Padstow, Caerleon, Norgard, Iscalio, Leonia, and Almekia as a dark Claimer named Bulnoil concocts a scheme to send the people of the land into a conflict to deplete the world of it's mana and release the Snake of Chaos, Ouroboros. The self-proclaimed Claimer has begun his dark ritual to release it's wrath unto the world but as he performed the dark task to free the snake, the results of the incantation was far beyond his expectations.

Our story begins here as he performs it...

Genre:
    Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Supernatural

Chapters:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Authors note
    : As big fans of the game, Brigandine, me and my brother would spend hours toiling away at this game that we bought in Sharjah. United Arab Emirates so many years ago. It was a fun strategy game with a interesting combination of RPG elements that made it so endearing to me. I honestly have a lot I want to say about the game but I'll save that for the light novel I'm going to create as a tribute to this great childhood memory of mine.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    MrSplashy, ultragunner, domon and 2 others like this.
  2. MillenniumMoon

MillenniumMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My brothers were crazy about that game. Nostalgia~~

Dyne46 and ultragunner like this.
  3. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    i am still playing it sometimes as i remembered my childhood and because i love it. Long Live Prince Lance! Hail to Zemeckis!

Anyway, i still don't know how to evolve pixie level 20 in Brigandine 2 japanese edition. I know many walkthrough say it can't evolve when it reaches lvl 20 but i did remember before that it did evolve at level 20 with certain item when i played it once in my childhood and i believe i'm not high or drunk at that time and precisely normal. Now, i don't even know how to evolve it. Any idea?

4. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 - The dark claimer, Bulnoil

Deep inside Dolorousgard castle, a lone individual was standing within a giant runic incantation that had layers upon layers of runes emblazoned on it. Each rune was shining with a blue light that gave off this eerie sensation that something was being pulled into existence. Within this formation was a bald and pale skinned man. He was a tall man for his stature and had quite a eye-catching appearance. He had pauldrons on his shoulders which had a handsome male on the right and a beautiful woman on the left. It was a bronze bust of these 2 heads but they were facing away looking outward. The pauldrons didn't only serve the purpose of protecting his shoulders, it was laced with a cape that would wrap around him to protect him from the elements. He wore a black suit that would remind one of what a pastor wore but it was missing the clerical collar. Instead it was lined with a dark bronze that matched his shoulder pads.

Bulnoil stood with his crescent shaped staff and focused his mana into the purple gem on it to channel it into the runes. In-fact, he was in the process of casting a spell that would break the prison the runic formation below him. This runic formation was created with great care and as per the tome that he was reading it was sealing the Snake of Chaos, Ouroboros! Bulnoil wanted to remove this prison and release it unto the world but he had one issue, it was beyond his power and no matter what he did, he couldn't find a way to break it until he found the tome in front of him!

"Just a little more and Ouroboros can be free!" - Bulnoil muttered to himself as he mustered his strength to finish his spell

Although Bulnoil said this, he wasn't close to freeing it. In actuality he was far from it, the tome described a technique that would link the rune formation with a mana source but the issue with this technique is that a rune formation can only be maintained when there is enough mana to fuel it and if in the event that the mana source is depleted then it would vanish. So since Bulnoil couldn't remove the runic formation with his own magic because the formation seemed to be filled with an overwhelmingly large pool of mana that no single mage let alone all the mages in the continent could muster, he devised that he could have it depleted by linking it with all the summoning circles in the continent and slowly have others summon creatures to drain the mana source of the rune formation.

The next problem Bulnoil had was that he needed people to summon those creatures but that wasn't easy either because the creatures summoned would be used as part of a country's army and Forsena was currently in a state of peace time! He wasn't going to impeded by this of course, as he was about to start a chain of events that would lead to all 6 countries declaring war on each other thus beginning a endless cycle of bloodshed that would slowly deplete the mana holding this rune formation together! Such joy, Bulnoil felt as he would use the body of a worthy knight named Leland and....

"What is this? I can feel the runic formation linking with this continent's summoning circles! I feel as though I can tap into all 41 castles in this continent..." - suddenly a thought flashed into his mind.

"Maybe I can save myself time from starting an all-out war by summoning the monster army from here in Dolorousgard castle..."

Bulnoil suddenly had more layers of runes appear around him. The layers of runes numbered to 39....40...41 circles of runes! Bulnoil was actually starting the process of summoning creatures!

"Haha! With this method, I don't need to have those nations go to war! I can deplete the runic formation of its mana and release Ouruboros! Chaos will come to the land of Forsena today! Bwahahaha!"

All across the continent, summoning circles glowed and creatures started to pour out of them. Giant scorpions, Mermen, Rocs, and even legendary creatures such as Dragons and Angels. It was chaos as the creatures were not linked to Rune knight. Let me explain, when a creature is summoned, a rune knight would link his soul with the creature with his own soul and if the sould of the knight had the capacity, they could link more then one creature but that was quite difficult as each rune knight had their own limits and could only increase this capacity by honing their bodies in battle with creatures. Further more, their are only a handful of rune knights on the continent so each country made it a priority to recruit anyone with the potential to become a rune knight so that they could strengthen their armies so rune knights were highly sought out for.

The summoned monsters started running amok in the castles as they had no rune knight controlling them. It was truly the beginning of chaos in the land of Forsena as the rune knights scrambled to subdue the creatures with their own linked creatures. This would be later known as "The day that monsters invaded Forsena" but that isn't our focus here. Let's leave this problem to the rune knights of the 6 countries and go back to Bulnoil who was close to having his plans reach fruition....

------------------------------------------

Author's notes - That's the end of chapter 1. I hope you're enjoying it as I am. Just so you know, my favorite summon in that game are the Angel's!

5. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only got it to a Fairy because I only needed it to cast React and never got it beyond 18.

6. Commentator

Commentator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i love this game. any similar game on android?

Dyne46 likes this.
  7. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    when i was evolving it at level 20 or 30 which was i forgot. Their appearance similar to lilith but with yellow hair and fairy wings. They got thunder magic for 91 mana cover 1 spot and another thunder magic for 210 mana similar to lance when he become king which is covering 7 spots. Idk what level i evolved it, 20 or 30.

Dyne46 likes this.
  8. ultragunner

ultragunner Self-taught Mage

Reading List:
    Link
    brigandine!!!

Dyne46 likes this.
  9. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2 - The Rune Formation breaks

Bulnoil watched as the comprehensive prison slowly broke apart. The rune symbols slowly began to float upwards and fizzle out like a pill dissipating in water. It was a sight he had never seen before as there was no similar occurrence in his life to this. Excitement started building up in the dark claimer's heart as he felt a aura slowly building up around him. It was almost suffocating now as over half the formation had faded and he could feel this sensation in the back of his throat going deeper and deeper down his guts...it was powerful and oppressive at the same time then it...began to fade?

"What is this? Is the prison rebuilding itself?" - Bulnoil asked himself searching for the part of the formation slowly rebuilding itself and suppressing the emergence of Ouroboros. To his surprise, the prison wasn't rebuilding itself, instead it was fading much faster as the runes rose up and disappeared. His surprise then transitioned to uncertainty as he felt that this wasn't supposed to be happening, the Snake of Chaos is supposed to emerge as a powerful being and swallow the continent whole. Why is the presence he felt earlier becoming smaller and smaller? He started thinking of different scenarios as to what is causing it but before he could settle with what he should he be doing next, the rune formation's remaining layers of protection rose up suddenly and started to compress itself and in a instant the whole of Dolorousgard castle was wrapped in a dome of pent up mana. A flash followed and what remained was a crater and a small mound that was in the exact same size and shape of the rune formation. Dolorousgard castle that loomed over the village below was no more and it's Lord of the castle, Bulnoil, was nowhere to be seen. In this way, Bulnoil's story ended here and thus began a new age for Forsena. An age wherein Bulnoil was no longer part of it....

On the 6th month of the year 215, 6 months exactly from "The day that monsters invaded Forsena", a grey haired girl with a slender chin that can be described as pointed made her way through a forest while carrying a bag. The bag was one that looked like it could carry a heavy load as it was larger then a typical bag and seemed to be full of glass containers as each step she took, you would hear the distinct clanking of glass objects rubbing each other. A passerby thought she was a merchant but what would a lone merchant have any business in the magical kingdom of Caerleon?

One could wonder why a passerby would have this kind of thought but Caerleon is a small country surrounded by natural barriers being a peninsula and its lowlands are covered with large forests that have stood there since man had settled in on it's lands. The forests have an air mystery in them as the people of Caerleon have learnt to live with nature and have kept the sanctity of the lands. This connection with the land owes to the fact that other countries have viewed Caerleon's populace as poor. For even if the land was rich in seafood and fruit, it's populace have not utilized it's resources for trade and built large cities. Instead it's people have chosen to create small communities that coexists with nature. A common sight would be a house built around a large tree and have overgrowth around it so the only way you would be able to tell that a house was there was if the lights within it was illuminated by the light coming from inside. Caerleon's people had a close connection with nature as the rune power is strongest here in all of Forsena and has been cultivated further by its people.

The land is said to have mystical powers as the forests seem to speak to it's populace. Sometimes it would be a blessing as the forests seemed to whisper when there was an oncoming disaster, many mage's and enchanter's have traveled to the land of Caerleon to study this phenomenon and have continued to study it without finding solid answers to these. Most recently, many mage's and enchanter's felt a mana surge moments before "The day that monsters invaded Forsena", thus they were able to warn the people and the country's army was able to mobilize it's own army in time to prevent more damage from that day. Caerleon was the least affected on that day and have attributed it to the rune energy empowering the mana rich land.

It's these mana-rich land's that the young grey haired girl made here way through with a clink of glass in each step.

-------------------------------------------

Author's notes - That's the end of chapter 2. I can't wait for the next chapter. One of my favorite character's will finally be introduced to those that are stranger to Brigandine. :)

10. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heroes of might and magic but you it's not free to play

Commentator likes this.
  11. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 - A meeting with the princess

As the grey haired girl walked through the forest, she started seeing signs of a larger city as the perimeter of a wall came into view. This perimeter belonged to the castle of Squest which was on the northern border of Caerleon. Upon entering she made her way to a garden close to the castle where she found a girl with grayish eyes and long chestnut colored hair.

"Merriot! I hope you didn't wait long?" said the grey haired girl.

"Millia! You're back from your travels. Did you find what you were looking for?" - as the chestnut colored hair girl looked at her friend's bag.

Millia smiled and took of the bag to show her haul from her travels. Upon unfurling the bag, she pulled out little glass bottles with various colored liquids and pushed them towards Merriot.

"Yes I did and more then I expected. I didn't think that Padstow (Country north of Caerleon) would have so many varieties of colors. I will be able to paint beautiful portraits of all my travels now"

This fun little conversation would just be the beginning of a chat between 2 friends if the two were not so abnormal. The girl with the chestnut colored hair liked to hunt animals and when she wasn't hunting game she was known amongst others as being quite tomboyish as she would run around and brighten the atmosphere with her antics. There would be times she would avoid attending dinner functions in favor of going out to visit her friends who were aspiring artists, travelers and even would keep company with fortune tellers and swordsmen. She wasn't as delicate as your typical lady during these times but it wouldn't be an issue if she wasn't the sister to the ruler of Caerleon! Skillful with a bow, cheerful, and a Rune knight to booth. This princess was like no other.

Millia on the other hand is a traveling painter. Grey haired and grey eyes. She has the aura of an adventurer and like her close friend, Merriot, has a outgoing personality but manifests this through her love to travel. She has been known to get along with the people she meets as her fascination with traveling has made her quite an inquisitive girl and helped her become well informed of the local situation. She has one secret though, she has the talent to become a rune knight but has not openly revealed this as it would prevent her from traveling. The last thing she would want to do is be holed up in a castle fighting a war that would ruin the continent of Forsena.

The two girls caught up as they sat down in the garden with each other when Millia paused and stood up. Before Merriot could say anything, Millia smiled and said "On my way here from Padstow, I saw something weird near on the horizon of Squest lake"

"What did you see?" asked Merriot

"On a clear day while walking along the bridge from Padstiw, I thought I saw a tower. It's weird though because that lake is so large you couldn't see the end of it from all sides and I thought it was funny that there was a tower." Millia said as she poked her chin and looked up with raised eyebrows.

"A tower?" said Merriot "but there aren't any islands in the lake to my knowledge..." Merriot said with her voice trailing off as she checked what she remembered about the lake in her recent memory.

"Exactly! It could be a secret island so on my way here I thought about it and wanted to ask you if you could go on a adventure with me to find it" Millia said with sparkling expecting eyes

------------------------------

Authors notes - Millia's starting class is enchantress. I always found this weird as I thought a traveling adventurer would be a scout.

12. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 - Looking for clues

Millia was busy preparing for the search at a room in one of Squest inn when Merriot came in with news. Merriot quickly returned after visiting the castle's cartographer, Gesht, and based on his records he had no recorded maps showing that there was an island. Hearing this, Merriot arranged for the local shipwrights to build a boat and hired several sailors to man the boat.

In 15 days the boat was ready and it had set out for the search of the tower that Millia saw. It wasn't long till the island was found and it definitely had a tower looming in the distance. After the boat docked in a beach, Millia and Merriot made their way to the center of the islands towards the tower.

"So Millia... I've been wondering how you saw the tower. I was only able to see it by the time our boat got closer to the island. It's been bugging me since we landed on the island" asked Merriot.

"It's funny really. Although I told you I saw it on my way to Squest, but I wasn't being completely honest with you. While visiting one of my friends who was a fortune teller, we saw a vision of a tower surrounded by light in the direction of Squest. Of course it sounded a little weird but I had this feeling that it was something I wanted to verify and I didn't think anyone would believe if I told them that I had seen it based off a vision" said Millia

"A vision? Well I don't blame you but it's a good thing that there was a island here so let's just continue towards the tower alright?" said Merriot

They 2 girls made good time when they finally reached the tower. They found that there was a large burnt out area close to the tower and it had a small mound on it that didn't seem to be affected by whatever had caused the area to be burned.

They decided to climb the tower first but upon entering the tower it's stairs had collapsed and it seemed to be empty and didn't have anything worth checking so they decided to check the undamaged mound near the tower.

As they stood on the mound, they scanned the area and noticed that it had faint signs of a rune formation. "Odd...I sense faint but whenever I try using my mana here, I can't seem to tap into the circle here" said Merriot. "But I have this odd feeling that there is more to this place...,what about you Millia? Did you find anything?"

When Merriot turned around, she couldn't find Millia anywhere. "Millia?"

------------------------

13. HirotaNatsuki

HirotaNatsuki Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please Update

14. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I'm just working with my brother to bring more life to my writing. He's drawing the scenes of the chapters and will update with a new chapter today. For the art, it will take some time as I don't want to push the artistic direction of my brother the wrong way. Hope you can look forward to seeing the characters come to life soon :)

15. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 - A unexpected turn of events

While Merriot was going on about the mound they were investigating, Millia saw something in the corner of her eye and when she turned to look at it, she found a door in front of her standing upright with no walls supporting it up. She turned to call Merriot but before she could utter a word, the door opened and out stepped a stranger. He was tan,black haired, and wore a leather mantle on top of his wizard robes that was strangely leather. This was strange as most robes weren't made of leather but of cloth. What's more, Millia knew that he was a wizard as she sense mana emanating from him. It wasn't an exaggeration for her to even say that he is a rune knight as most rune knights had a link with the mana that they could tap into from Forsena.

The stranger seemed to be uttering gibberish as she could understand what he was saying but the moment he stepped out of the door, the door vanished and left the unknown wizard. It seemed he was surprised to see Millia and started scanning his surroundings with a smile on his face as he continued to utter gibberish.

Merriot turned and couldn't see Millia till she took a quick turn and saw that Millia was talking to a wizard.

"Millia? Who is this man and where did he come from? I was sure that we were the only ones here" said Merriot

"Well this guy just walked out of a doorway and before I could tell you that it was there, the doorway vanished." said Millia with a strained look as the explanation seemed to be far fetched

Although the rune knights of Forsena could use magic, there was no concept of using magic as a gateway to go from one point to another so explaining what she witnessed didn't make any sense at all to either of them. While Millia struggled to find the right words to explain, the stranger kept on trying to communicate with Merriot and Millia but unfortunately all the 2 girls heard was gibberish.

"Anyway I want to look around here some more but now we have this guy talking to us and I can't understand him but... I sense mana emanating from him and he's probably a traveling rune knight as he doesn't match the appearance of any rune knight I've met before..." said Merriot. She looked at the stranger who seemed to have noticed he can't understand what they are saying.

"I think we should bring him back to Caerleon and introduce him to brother. Hopefully he will be able to understand what he's saying..." said Merriot to Millia

Millia then started pushing the stranger in the direction of the boat who reluctantly resisted but with Merriot and Millia's smiles, he seemed to stop resisting and started following the 2 ladies. This gave the impression that he was a poorly equipped traveler (As he had no bags on him carrying his belongings) and was wandering the country.

Thus the stranger began his journey to the kingdom of Caerleon with Merriot, and Millia on there boat.

16. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apologies everyone for the slow updates. Work has been getting to me so I have been busy the last few weeks. I'll update as soon as I can

17. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6 - The stranger's thoughts

My name is Dyne and for some reason I'm on a boat with two pretty girls.

Wait wait... Let's not get ahead of myself. I followed these 2 pretty girls because I thought they were staff of the event I was attending. A few weeks ago I was feeling a little stressed by my work and decided to take a break by going to a cosplay event that was happening over at S* Meg*m*ll. I decided to dress up as a witcher because I liked the armor and wanted to dye my hair white but my loving wife said it would be easier to wear a wig so I got a wig. Then after going through the preparation process to find 2 swords that would fit my outfit, It was finally the big day! The beginning of my cosplay debut and a chance to enjoy my time with like minded individuals, I could kick back and enjoy myself. So I made my way to the trade hall and after registering myself I decided to take a look around. I had fun looking at the booths, especially the ones with Monster Hunter figures. It's too bad they don't make more figures of the hunters is what I thought to myself when an announcement played stating that registered cosplayers will need to gather at the briefing area near the end of the hall. Of course I didn't want to miss any details as I wouldn't want to make a mistake during one of these events and this was my first so I need to make sure I did my part and cooperated with the staff. Which got me thinking as I walked around looking for the briefing area, the staff are pretty considerate to help organize these events. You would expect this to be a event handled by amateur organizers or enthusiasts who wanted to gather people with the same interests. Nope! None of that happened because not only did they setup a registration booth they provided ID laces so that we could be identified and setup exclusive areas for participants. There were dressing rooms, break rooms, you name it! They probably set it up! But I seem to be having difficulty finding the briefing room....

I could see staff here and there but everytime I waded through the crowd and got closer to some of the event staff, they would get further away from me as they were assisting either lost cosplayers like me or approaching attendees of the event and helping them with their concerns. Truly the service oriented staff were doing the best they could in this situation but I have to admit the crowd was getting the better of them so... Let me try to figure this out myself.

Since the stage is in that direction, I bet the briefing room is close to it! And would you have guessed! A door with a sign saying "Authorized personnel only" was close so this must be destiny!

Dyne confidently opened the door to a larger and brighter space and there he saw 2 girls. One was dressed up like the rune knight from his favorite PS1 classic, Brigandine so he approached her and the rest is history.... (Dyne tried to go back to the door but apparently it had vanished... How inconvenient!)

Now that I'm here on this boat and we don't seem to understand each other I might as well play along till I get a chance to understand where I am....

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  18. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7 - Travelling we shall go...

Do you remember how in strategy games, you would choose your units to go from one location to another? How you would casually decide that it's time to move your units? Well I'm in that situation right now and let me tell you how I feels. IT SUCKS! Currently me as the "Guest" have discovered a few things. I don't seem to be anywhere in the world that I called home. The scenery isn't familiar and none of the geographical landmarks that I'm familiar seems to be anywhere in sight. So I didn't go through time. Next I want to believe that sudden development that I am in another world but I don't have a menu appearing in front of me or a voice speaking in my head telling me my stats so no tutorial...Am I in a D*rk S**ls kind of world???!!! Is everything hidden and cryptic and I'm fragile? Nah...that's a human's natural state and nothing has suddenly popped up and executed us. Oh well lets put my aforementioned dreams on figuring out my situation in that sense, instead let's focus on what's happening now. We seem to be making our way somewhere and seeing as I can't communicate with the 2 ladies with language. I've had to resort to charades. So I'm not getting much details but I can tell that I'm supposed to follow them. Not because I am being coerced by them via threats but I can't seem to stray from the general direction we are going to. It's like our party is set to travel to one point and we aren't able to leave that path. It's like this. We can stop to eat, rest and buy things but all those tasks are essential to where we are going as we cannot survive without these. As we travel though, whether we are walking or riding a cart or on boat. I cannot stray from the direction the party is going. I discovered this as I would stop to take a look around and I would suddenly move as though I'm being dragged and when I look at the direction I'm moving towards, the party I'm with is moving there. This effect keeps us together so I believe that I'm in some sort of RPG. Like how the party members follow the party leader in a line like a death march. Of course I had no way to explain this to the 2 ladies so I just decided to follow. And follow I did! I literally had no choice to follow and these girls were truly a force to be reckoned with. They kept going and going until we finally reached a castle city next to a river flowing out into the ocean. This was quite a sight for me. Never have I seen a sight like this before so let me describe it. The castle city had 3 main roads leading out of it. 1 north, 1 west and 1 east. The south side faced the ocean and the castle city had a wall running it where I believed the affluent were surrounded by walls. Around the walls was a city which was expected since the common people usually live outside the security of the walls. To the east of the castle was a river and beyond it was a mountain range going north. Across that mountain range was another running parallel to it. Since we came from the north side, we moved through the road passing between the mountain and closer to the city from my vantage point, it looked like there was a forest across the river to the east, another to the south of the city close to the ocean and another one to the west. Ahhh I seem to recognize this layout but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Well it doesn't matter for now, as it's time to enter this castle.

By the way I seemed to have made that trip from where I appeared to here in 28 days. Ahhh my wife and family. They must be dreadfully worried but I have no idea what to do to alleviate their concerns about me so I better resolve myself to survive long enough so that I can return to them.

19. Dyne46

Dyne46 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8 - The castle life

As we approached the village, a guard mounted on a horse approached our group. I could tell he was a guard as he wore light armor and stopped us. He questioned the two girls but quickly was reinforced with 3 more mounted guards. They seemed to offer the horses to the 2 girls but they looked like they declined the offer as we continued on foot. Since they were guards, I expected that they would question is further but the girls seem to be acquainted with them as things went smoothly and escorted us towards the direction of the castle. I kept thinking what kind of situation we are in since I couldn't understand them but as we approached the walls of the castle, a handsome, tall and smiling man stood at the gates and greeted our escort. He seemed to be respected by the guards as they saluted him by placing their hands on their chest and saying something in unison. I wonder what he is to them? Could he be a noble of the city? Maybe because he exuded an air that was unlike the guards but then again he saluted them back the same way. Maybe he is of a higher position then the guards? Maybe he's a knight? He can't be a noble because he replied back in the same way to the guards. The two girls in our party didn't do that sort of greeting when the guards greeted them with that salute so it isn't customary....ah well who knows. I don't understand so it would be pointless for me to assume.

The 2 girls seemed to have explained the situation to the handsome guy who greeted us and he is now waving at me and signaling me to follow him. Not like I have a choice so we go into the castle walls....inside the castle walls were many stone buildings. I spotted a blacksmith and a leather worker but couldn't see more those were the only 2 shops I could recognize. The rest of the buildings didn't seem to have any goods outside so maybe these are residences for the people? Ahhh I'm starting to feel sad for myself as I've been talking to myself for a month now. My desire to observe and try to understand the things around me is waning. I thought my isekai adventure would be more exciting but so far all I've done is go on a hiking trip that lasted for a month, rode a boat and visit a castle town...

Stuckin my own monologue I didn't realize that we were now inside the castle and seemed to be in some sort of throne room. It wasn't the grandest of rooms as it was large but wasn't lavishly decorated. It had a large chair in the end of the room at the middle and the reason why I suddenly popped out of my monologue is because the person standing before the throne looked familiar. He wasn't handsome like the man who led us hear, instead he looked average but wore a head band on his unkempt hair and had a orange cape going around him. He carried a book and was simply dressed...oh man. I know this guy. He looks just like King Cai! The Silent wise king of Caerleon. Oh God. I'm freaking out now. Looking at the 2 girls who led me here, I realized why I could trust them because they looked just like Millia and Merriot from the kingdom of Caerleon! Oh gosh... Then the handsome man who is now standing at King Cai's side can only be the knight master, Dinadan! Wait... Wait... Calm yourself Dyne. Presence of mind... Presence of mind. Time to make a first impression on the wise king.... Oh goodness... What should I do?