Novel Negative Stat

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Nashani, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Nashani

Nashani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 4 - So that’s how that started?
    After a few more weeks of house swapping, the woman who first told me about the accident suddenly appeared before me.

Woman: Hey, are you happy right now?

She asked me as she looked me straight into my eyes. I felt her stare to be hurting and I turned my face away.

Woman: I see. That’s all I wanted to know. I’ll see you soon.

See me soon? As I wondered what she was talking about, the woman had left.

At the end of this week, right before I was going to be sent off to another house the woman was here again.

Woman: Hey, I’m going to be the one taking care of you from now on.

The woman told me as we went inside the car.

Woman: I’ve been a friend of both your parents ever since we were kids you know? I don’t think you know this but they loved anime a lot.

Boy: Anime?

Those were the first words I have spoken since before. It’s funny to think that Anime of all things was the first word that I said after everything that’s happened.

The woman looked surprised as she heard my voice. She suddenly cried while she was driving. I looked worried towards her.

Woman: Then, let me teach you about anime, the anime that your parents truly loved.

The woman then told me all sorts of things about my parents.

Woman: I guess that’s it for your parents, I guess. It’s time for me to tell you my story then.

My parents were involved in a construction incident.

My parents were meeting up with her as she just arrived in town a short time ago. After they talked, my parents were going home until it happened.

A construction beam suddenly fell.

It fell directly on top of both of them. The woman waving from them from a distance ran towards them as fast as she could but she was too late.

As the police and ambulance arrived, the woman ran around and looked for me. She had a picture of me that was sent to her from my parents.

So that’s how she knew what I looked like.

Woman: I looked for you after that but I was told of what was happening. I was pretty surprised you know? Who knew you were being passed around like that so I decided to look for you then when I found you, I decided to take care of you. Oh, we’re here. Sorry it’s a bit small but this is where we’ll be living together from now on.

As I got out of the car, there stood a single house meant for a family.

??? 3: So I guess this is where it all begins, I guess. That woman looks a bit familiar. Where have I seen her before? I can’t remember.

Another girl was there watching this part of the boy’s life.

??? 3: He got pretty lucky with this one. If that woman didn’t find him then he would probably have grown up badly huh.

The girl thought for a bit.

??? 3: But wait, maybe it was fate that brought him to her? Well, who knows? It’s not like I know a lot about fate anyway.

As the girl told to herself, another girl appeared within the space.

??? : Alright, that’s two!

??? 3: Hey, do you believe in fate?

??? : I don’t really care about that kind of stuff. Oh, we have to go now.

??? 3: I see. I guess none of us has a answer for that huh. I guess I should ask him when I meet him after this. Well then, I shall go there first.

??? : Okay! I’ll go to the next one then.

The Third girl left in a different direction similar to the second one.

~Prologue 4 End~

2. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 5 - So that’s where it comes from?
    The woman introduced herself as Yume.

Living together with her was a big improvement compared to before. More stories that she told me about my parents were that they loved Anime very much. They even tried to create their very own Anime.

Of course they didn’t do very well.

The one that got me the most hooked was a anime about Martial arts. Since I watched it as a kid I couldn’t remember any of the names nor the show’s name.

All I remembered was the first antagonist. She was using a Naginata. She would always be the enemy then will help the heroes sometimes when they could not win and then they will be enemies again afterwards.

If I remember correctly, it was due to their ideals not matching up? I wasn’t really sure at the time.

The Naginata itself left a impression to me that I wanted to learn how to use it.

I asked Ms. Yume if she knew anywhere I could learn about it and she told me that there was a Naginata dojo around our old house.

So I begged for her to bring me there.

Yume: Eh? You really want to go back?

Me: Yes! I want to go and see.

Yume: But even if we find it, it’s still too far to go to you know?

Me: I know but I plan to go back one day and maybe I’ll go there if I could.

Yume: I see, I see. Then let’s go on the weekend.

On the weekend we went to my old house and started there.

Though when I saw that my house had other people living in it, it made me sad but the excitement of looking for the dojo mad me forget the sadness.

After searching we finally found it.

Yume: Hmm?? It says here that it’s closed.

Me: Closed? When do they open?

Yume: It doesn’t say but it looks like no one is living in here. It’s not clean at all.

We went back a few times but it never opened.

And so, as the years passed I gave up on the dojo.

As the memory fades, another girl was there.

??? 4: So he gave up. Well, he was a kid so I guess he would give up on things easily.

The girl complained as she recalled what she just watched.

??? 4: Seriously though, was that the only place he went to? There should have been a lot of other places.

Then another appeared in the space.

??? : Hi! I’m here to pick you up!

??? 4: Hey, do you think that he is stupid?

??? : Stupid how?

??? 4: He clearly could have done a lot more than just look and go back right? It’s not really a smart move.

??? : Well I don’t know! Hahahaha.

??? 4: Why am I asking you of all people? Bah, I don’t care anymore. There’s no difference between this and how he is now after all.

??? : Hahahahaha

??? 4: And so, you’re here to pick me up you say?

??? : Yep yep, we have to go now.

??? 4: Then I shall head there first. I don’t really like the prospect of going with you after all.

??? : You’re so mean!

??? 4: Tch.

With that, she left.

??? : Whew, just a few more to go and we’re done!

And so, the girl disappeared once again.

~Prologue 5 End~

3. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 6 - We’re finally done with that part.
    As I graduated from Middle school, I decided to go back to my hometown and enroll there for High school.

Starting from the High School Department, the school would be providing dormitories to the students. So, I would be living in the dorms while attending classes.

Yume: Are you sure? I mean, do you really want to go there?

Ms. Yume was surprised by my decision.

Me: Yes, I would be staying in the dormitory. Besides, the dojo is near there as well. I want to go check it out now and again.

Yume: We can still do that you know? It’s not that hard to do.

Me: No, this is my problem so please let me handle this one and I really want to try living by myself.

Yume: I’ll be lonely. You’re the only one with me now.

Ms. Yume said those to me with a sad look on her face.

Me: That’s not fair.

And now both of us are sulking. The first one to speak was…

Yume: Fine, since you really want to I’ll let you go.

Me: Thank you very much!

Yume: But you have to visit me every now and then okay?

Me: Yes!

And so, I enrolled in the High school and lived in the dormitory.

Ms. Yume dropped me off the school a few days before class starts. Dormitory students are allowed to move into their respective rooms a few days before class starts.

I was given a single room. I had no roommate.

Dorm Manager: Since there were only a few of you who applied for the Dormitory, the school has decided to give each of you one room each.

That was the explanation of the Dorm manager to us in the beginning.

As I settled down in my room, I continued to go to the closed Dojo but it never opened at all.

And a few days later, school finally started.

??? 5: I wonder why I keep watching this.

As the memory finished, another girl was watching.

??? 5: I don’t fully understand but this part of his life really left an impression on me. I wonder why?

The girl thought deeply and was interrupted by another girl.

??? : Hello! I’m here now!

The girl suddenly shouted as she appeared.

??? 5: Hahaha, you’re the same as ever huh.

??? : Yup yup, still the same old me!

??? 5: Good.

??? : Hmm… I’ve always wondered. Why do you like this one?

??? 5: Eh?

??? : You always watch this one the most you know? I mean, I’ve watched all of them more times than all of you and I know that this one had nothing. It really had nothing interesting in it. So I was just thinking, why do you like this one?

??? 5: I think, it’s because this was the first time that he really decided to do something.

??? : Wouldn’t that be the time when he went searching for a Naginata dojo?

??? 5: Not really. This one was the first time that he actually tried to do something. He decided to come back. He decided to face his past. He decided to try and live by himself. I believe that it was at this moment when he finally decided to move on, the time when he could finally accept his parent’s death.

??? : Wow that was pretty deep. Oh right, we should all meet up now.

??? 5: Am I the first one?

??? : Nope!

??? 5: Then did all of them go first?

??? : Yep! I was left in charge of calling the rest!

??? 5: I see. Then I too shall go on ahead.

??? : Bye bye!

The girls separated.

~Prologue 6 End~

4. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 7 - Facing the past
    I was assigned to class 1-D. From what was explained to us, our classmates would not change until graduation. So it was important that I got along well in my class since we would be together for three years.

As I walked inside the classroom, our names were written on the blackboard. I saw my name positioned on the farthest row from the front, just one seat away from the window. It was the seat next to the protagonist seat.

As I looked at my other classmates’ names, I saw one name in particular.

Hotaru Kei.

Me: Eh? Hotaru Kei?

As I repeated those words, I suddenly remembered about the girl who I met in the park that day. As I looked towards her seat, I saw her.

She had long black hair reaching almost to her waist. She also had black eyes, she resembled what people would call a “Yamato Nadeshiko”.

She had two guys who were talking to her. I looked towards the board for their names. One guy was named Yamamoto Ryuji he had semi-spiky hair and looked a bit rough. He looked like a athlete and he was the one who was laughing the whole time.

The other was Kazama Takeshi, He had a uneven hairstyle. He somewhat resembled a class representative but without glasses.

As I stood there, just staring at the three, my other classmates were starting to stare at me one by one.

I don’t know how long I stood there but I finally moved towards them.

I stood in front of them and they finally looked towards me.

Me: Are you Hotaru Kei?

As I asked that question, her eyes became a lot sharper and she gestured towards the two boys. She stood up and faced me.

Kei: What do you want?

She glared at me as she asked me the question.

Me: I don’t know if you remember but we met when we were kids in a park near here.

Kei: At a park near here when we were kids, so you were that boy.

Me: Yes and um…..

As I was going to say something

Kei: I see, I see. So you were that boy huh.

She suddenly glared at me. Her glare was so intense that I got a bit scared.

She raised her hand and slapped me out of nowhere.

Me: Ugh!

Shocked as I was, I slowly looked back at her.

Kei: Get out of my sight. Never speak to me again.

As I was still shocked, she suddenly shouted.

Kei: All of you! No one and I mean No one will speak to “This” unless you absolutely need to! If you do, I’ll make sure that you regret it.

Me: Eh?

Kei: I told you to get out of my sight already.

She went back to her own seat and started talking to the two boys once again.

Then as the teacher arrived, I went and sat down my chair.

That was the beginning of my days in High School.

As the memory disappeared, another girl was there watching.

??? 6: He couldn’t even say a thing huh. He’s somewhat different to how he was when I met him though. Well, she had the upper hand in this exchange so I guess this was inevitable from the very beginning.

And then, another girl appeared.

??? : Hello!

As the girl greeted energetically, she was noticed by the other girl.

??? 6: Hello to you as well. What brings you here?

??? : We’re all meeting up “there” so I’m just picking everyone up.

??? 6: Oh? Why?

??? : Well, “they” are getting mad at me for doing this too many times hehe.

??? 6: Oh? Does that mean that this is the last time we can do this?

??? : For a while but I know that we can do this one day again!

??? 6: I see and did they go on ahead?

??? : Yep! The only one left are those two.

??? 6: Hahaha. Well, good luck on those two. I hope they won’t be too hard to handle.

??? : Hmph. You don’t need worry to about about that. I have a secret weapon.

??? 6: Secret weapon?

??? : Well more like those two practically worship “them” so I’ll just say that they’re the ones who are telling us to stop.

??? 6: Oh? That’s it? I see. Well then, like them I shall go on ahead.

??? : Okay! Bye Bye!

As the other girl disappeared, the girl continued on to the next memory.

~Prologue 7 End~

5. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 8 - Just a few more to go, I promise
    For some reason, the whole school listened to her. Everyone except for the teachers did not talk to me unless they had to.

I tried to talk to Hotaru but she wouldn’t even look in my direction. I also tried to talk to other people but all of them did the same thing.

Although there were a group of boys who talked to me, it turns out that they were just trying to make me their gofer. Suddenly, one day all of them did not talk to me anymore. I heard rumors that a certain someone stopped them.

Then, next came the bullying. Well, attempted bullying. It was stopped by a certain someone once again.

And so, I was left alone.

As my school year goes on, my relationships with my classmates shows no improvement whatsoever.

Since I have no one to hang out with, I just became more addicted to Anime. My schedule would depend by what is showing per season. As we only had 1 hour for lunch break, I devised a plan.

As you may know, Anime are released weekly. So what I did in school was that every time a anime would be airing that day, I would cook my own food and eat it while watching it in class.

Since due to a certain someone, no one would even dare to talk to me. So nobody interfered.

On days where, none of the anime that I watch are aired I just eat lunch in the cafeteria. Even there though, I’m always eating alone.

Also, I’ve been visiting the Dojo once every week but it still has not opened even once.

That was how my First year in High school happened.

As my second year began, the class really did not change. None of my classmates changed. Even the seat beside me, the so called Protagonist seat still had no one seated on it.

Then one day something changed in my daily life.

On a Friday I once again visited the Naginata Dojo, I saw a person going inside. I ran towards her and stopped her from going in.

Me: Excuse me!

Girl: Hmm? What is it?

The girl had Blonde hair and Green eyes. She also spoke with a weird accent. I would guess that she is a foreigner.

Me: Is the Dojo going to be open?!

Girl: Dojo? Ah, I heard mom talking about that.

Me: Really?! Is she accepting new students?!

Girl: I think so. She’s not here though. I would suggest that you come back on another day.

Me: Aww. When should I come back?

Girl: Since we just moved in, I think the best day would be Saturday next week.

Me: Next week Saturday right? Thank you very much.

As I bowed to her, I ran back to dormitory.

Girl: Hey wai-

The girl tried to say something but I was already too far to hear her.

As I returned to my room, I regretted running.

Me: I should’ve asked for her name.

As the weekend passed, another change happened.

Teacher: Class, we will be having a transfer student starting today.

On Monday, the teacher suddenly said to us.

The door opened and a girl with Blonde hair and Green eyes walked inside.

Girl: My name is Beatrix Reichhart. I hope to get along with all of you.

The girl that I met when I met in the dojo, she became my classmate.

??? 7: Kuh! I wanted to watch more of that part. Hah hah….

As the memory finished showing, a girl was there with blushed cheeks and breathing heavily.

??? 7: The glare that the girl named Kei showed was so amazing~ I could feel her stare freezing my spine.

The girl shivered as she hugged herself.

Then, another girl entered the space.

??? : Ahhhh. She’s doing it again.

??? 7: Yes yes! I can feel it! I know he as well feels the same as I do! Yes! I can’t wait to share the suffering with him!

As the other girl continued on her monologue, the girl was covering her face with her hand.

??? 7: The only way he could have endured that treatment is if he actually enjoyed it! I know I know! You can’t hide it from me! I know that you and I share the same feelings!

The girl approached and hit the other girl on the head.

??? : He’s not like you at all!

??? 7: What?! Oh it’s you. What are you talking about? Of course he is like me! Yes, we share one body and we are also soul mates! We are pain buddies now and forever!

??? : Pain buddies. Hahhh.

The girl once again put her hand on her face.

??? : Anyway, you have to stop now.

??? 7: What? No way! I have to feel that again! This is the only place where I’ll get to see that stare!

??? : What? Is the pain outside not good enough?

??? 7: It is very good! But you know, this is the only place I can feel that specific tingle. So I want to enjoy it more~

As the other girl’s smile looked more and more disgusting, the girl decided.

??? : They are the ones telling us to stop you know.

The other girl stopped and stared back.

??? 7: Father and Mother did?! Why didn’t you say so sooner?!

The girl suddenly left and disappeared

??? : I told you, they’re not your Father and Mother!

The other girl had already disappeared as she said this.

??? : Hahhhh. The same as always, well then the only one left is her.

The girl disappeared once again.

~Prologue 8 End~

6. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 9 - The last girl
    After a whole year, the protagonist seat finally had it’s occupant. Beatrix Reichhart sat on the vacant chair.

Teacher: Oh, Beatrix does not have any textbooks yet. It seems that the books were not delivered yet. Can the person beside her please share your books until they arrive.

Eh? Beside her? That’s me right?

So we looked at each other.

Beatrix: Pleasure to meet you. What is your name?

Me: My name is Hikai. Raimei Hikai.

Beatrix: Raimei? Nice to meet you.

I positioned my table besides hers and sat beside her.

Hikai: Nice to meet you too Reichhart.

Beatrix: Please call me Beatrix.

Hikai: Then call me Hikai as well.

Beatrix: Thank you for the help Hikai.

As we settled in for the temporary arrangement. Someone was glaring at us from her seat.

During lunch time, I proceeded to fix up my phone to watch anime. It seems that nobody is approaching her as of yet. Maybe it’s because she’s currently with me?

Beatrix: Hikai, where are you going to eat lunch?

Hikai: Hmm? I brought my own lunch today so I’m eating in the classroom.

Beatrix: Oh. I didn’t bring anything today and what are you doing with your phone?

Hikai: Just setting it up. I have some anime to watch today.

Beatrix: Anime?

As I was about to answer her question, another person talked to Beatrix.

Kei: Reichhart, how about you have lunch with us?

Beatrix: Eh? But what about Hikai?

Hikai: Don’t worry about me. Just go and have lunch with them.

Beatrix: Okay. If you say so.

Kei: Let me guide you to the cafeteria.

And so, Beatrix went with Kei and the others while I stayed in the classroom.

After class

Beatrix: Where do you live, Hikai?

Hikai: I’m staying in the dormitory.

Beatrix: I see. Oh right, I haven’t asked you yet but why were you-

Before she could finish her sentence, someone interrupeted her

Kei: Beatrix, where do you live?

Beatrix: Eh? I live around the station.

Kei: Oh? That’s the same direction that we are going. Would you like to walk with us?

Beatrix: Oh but-

She looked towards me again and I answered.

Hikai: Don’t worry about me. Let’s talk about it tomorrow.

Beatrix: Eh? Okay.

And so Beatrix went home with Kei and her group.

The next day proceeded as usual. I shared my workbooks with Beatrix and then it was Lunch Time. Tuesday was one of the days where none of my scheduled anime aired so I was free.

As Lunch started, I immediately walked outside towards the cafeteria.

Beatrix: Are you going to the cafeteria?

As I walked, Beatrix was beside me as well.

Hikai: Yeah, there are no Anime that I would watch this day so I just eat at the cafeteria.

Beatrix: I see. What is anime?

Hikai: Well, it’s hard to explain. Just don’t think about it okay?

Beatrix: Haaa.

We arrived in the cafeteria, bought our food and sat down on a seat. Beatrix sat across me.

Beatrix: Hey, so you wanted to be student in my Mother’s dojo?

Hikai: Yes! Ever since I was a kid, I’ve admired the Naginata! I always visited that Dojo even when it was closed.

Beatrix: You visited the Dojo?

Hikai: Yep, at least once a week. You can say that the Dojo is one of the reasons why I’m enrolled here.

Beatrix: I see.

Hikai: How about you? Do you also study the Naginata?

Beatrix: I…… don’t want to talk about it.

Beatrix looked down and looked sad.

Hikai: I see. Well if you don’t want to talk about it then I won’t ask.

Beatrix: Thanks.

Hikai: Then can you please tell your mother that I want to be a student?

Beatrix: Well……. I’ll…… talk to her about it.

Hikai: Thanks!

As Lunch break finished we returned to class.

After school, Beatrix went home with Kei and her group.

Then the same happened on Wednesday. On Thursday, Beatrix and I had lunch together in the cafeteria.

Beatrix: I’ve noticed these past few days but nobody else is talking to you.

Hikai: Yep. That’s just how it is.

Beatrix: Why?

Hikai: Don’t ask.

Beatrix: But-

Hikai: This is my problem. Don’t do anything. It’s better if you don’t talk to me when you get your books.

Beatrix: Eh?

After that, I walked back to the classroom and left her in the cafeteria.

After class, Beatrix went to the faculty office. Apparantly, her books finally arrived. Our time together finally ended after that.

It was ended by me.

As the memory ended, the same girl as before was there.

??? 7: Yes!

??? : You’re here now?! I told you we’re being called right?!

??? 7: I know but see on this one, he didn’t want her to stop the whole thing because he enjoyed it! He enjoyed it all!

??? : No no no. He probably just didn’t want her to get involved with the whole thing.

??? 7: No! He’s just like me! We are comrades!

??? : You know what, I’m done. Just go on. Where is she?

??? 7: Oh her, she’s over there. Okay, I’m going for real this time!

The other girl left and the girl went towards the direction she was pointed to.

As the girl approached, the memory was still playing.

On Saturday, I went to the Dojo. Beatrix was apparantly not home so her mother was the one that answered the door.

As I told her who I was, she brought me the dojo and we discussed the whole being a student thing. We would meet every Saturday, apparantly I was the first one to apply to the school.

??? : And stop!

The memory suddenly stopped and the girl who was watching it was surprised.

??? 8: What the hell are you doing?! The next part was about the whole Naginata training that he would do!

??? : We are out of time. They are calling for us now.

??? 8: Father and Mother? But I haven’t studied the Naginata enough yet.

??? : I’ve told you they are not your Father and Mother! Haven’t you watched this enough times already?

??? 8: Well, you know. Their movements were so graceful that I just stared at it again and again. Especially the mother’s, it was very beautiful.

??? : So, you’re just ignoring the whole Father and Mother part huh.

She put her hand on her face once again as the other girl remembered the scene with a smile on her face.

??? : Well you’re done here. Just get going already.

??? 8: Fine. I’ll just spar with him again after we get out.

??? : You battle freak.

??? 8: Haha! That’s the greatest compliment you can give me! Besides, he’s a battle freak too you know?

??? : The two of you are just the same. Just declaring that he’s this or he’s that.

??? 8: Let’s go!

??? : And I was ignored once again.

The two girls left the space

~Prologue 9 End~

7. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue 10 - Last one I swear
    As we arrived on a blank space, the girl was there. Behind her was a black hole. As we approached she suddenly turned around and looked toward us.

??? : So you’re the one who was following me this whole time.

The girl spoke.

??? : Behind me is the final part of this memory.

The girl pointed to the black hole.

??? : I won’t let you in though~.

The girl suddenly crossed her arms.

??? : You see, you still haven’t reached this part. You still have to go and experience every single one of the events that lead up to this point.

The girl spun around as was talking.

??? : Beyond here would spoil a lot you know. I mean, I did allow you to come along for those ones before this but you’ll have to know a lot more before you get here.

Then the girl pointed her finger towards me.

??? : And so with that, you’ll go back right after that last memory. Good luck and I hope you don’t die okay?

As I slowly disappeared, I heard the words of the girl.

??? : Ah you’re finally here. I just sent you back to the beginning just now.

??? : So you remember what happened here right? Good, then since you’re here I think he’ll reach this point too.

Right before I disappeared, the girl looked back to me and said something to me.

??? : Good luck, Hikai. I’ll be waiting for you.

And so, I would forget all of this until I finally come back here once again.

A few months have passed since Beatrix transferred to our class. As she got her study material, I slowly stopped interacting with her.

For some reason, she was not fond of the Naginata Dojo. So even though I went to her house every Saturday, we would not talk even there.

And so, she was now a part of Kei and her group and we didn’t talk anymore.

As I exited the school and entered my room, I suddenly realized that I left my lunch box in class. I put down my bag and stuff in my room and I ran towards our classroom.

As I reached the classroom, Beatrix was also there. She entered the classroom as I arrived. I opened the door and the people inside looked towards me.

Hotaru Kei, Yamamoto Ryuji, Kazama Takeshi and Beatrix Reichhart looked towards me.

They stopped looking at me and as I stepped foot inside our classroom, a white light engulfed me and I was sent to another world with them.

~Prologue 10 End~

8. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 - Took you long enough
    As I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by gold, gold everywhere.

I looked at my feet and I was standing on a red carpet.

There were also soldiers lined up on both sides.

Besides me, Kei, Beatrice, Ryuji and Takeshi are also here.

In front of us are four people sitting on different thrones.

There was a man and a woman in the middle sitting beside each other and a girl and a boy on either side of them.

The man in the middle stood up. Most probably he was a king.

King:

The king spoke but I could not understand anything he was saying.

I panicked and looked at the others but they were looking towards the king like they could understand what he was saying.

They didn’t notice me and kept talking.

Then my head became fuzzy. White, sparkling white was flashing in my head.

As the sparkle stopped the king spoke once again.

King: Please save our kingdom from the evil demons.

I was surprised that I finally understood what the king was saying.

King: Our country, Regnogreich is losing the war against the Demons.

Then, Takeshi stepped forward.

Takeshi: We are just students and we have no fighting experience whatsoever.

King: Then would you please say “Status”

As all of us said status a window appeared in front of us. As the window appeared, the soldiers and the king reacted with surprise.

As I looked towards them, I saw the status of Kei and the others.

Hotaru Kei

HP: 12000/12000 MP: 4000/4000

Strength: 1500 Vitality: 4000 Dexterity: 300

Agility: 10000 Intelligence: 3000 Luck: 100

Skills currently unknown

Kazama Takeshi

HP: 8000/8000 MP: 8000/8000

Strength: 2000 Vitality: 8000 Dexterity: 500

Agility: 3000 Intelligence: 5000 Luck: 50

Skills currently unknown

Nagayama Ryuji

HP: 20000/20000 MP: 2000/2000

Strength: 10000 Vitality: 5000 Dexterity: 100

Agility: 1500 Intelligence: 1000 Luck: 25

Skills currently unknown

Beatrix Reichhart

HP: 10000/10000 MP: 20000/20000

Strength: 1000 Vitality: 2000 Dexterity: 1000

Agility: 5000 Intelligence: 10000 Luck: 1000

Skills currently unknown

Wait a minute. If I can see them, then that meant that everyone else saw them as well? Why?

As I thought of those, I looked at my own status

Raimei Hikai

HP: 1000/1000 MP: 100/100

Strength: 100 Vitality: 100 Dexterity: 10000

Agility: 100 Intelligence: 100 Luck: —

NO SKILLS

As I saw my status, I was surprised. Everyone else also saw my status and had different reactions.

Takeshi and Ryuji didn’t really care, Kei flashed a smirk and looked towards the king, and Beatrix had a worried look on her face while everyone else was either speechless or trying to stop a laugh.

King: As you can see, your status is very high and you are the only ones who can save us from the demons.

Beatrix: How can we go back?

King: We do not know.

Beatrix: Eh?

King: We had no idea that the Hero summoning would even work so we did not try to find a way for you to go back.

After the king said that, Beatrix looked towards me once again and back to the king.

King: We are very sorry but we will try to find a way to bring you back so would you please fight in this world with us?

Kei: Do we have a choice?

King: All I can say is that we will try to teach you how to fight and we will provide you with somewhere to sleep and eat.

Kei then looked towards them and they started talking to each other. I was not included in their talk and just stared back at the king. The king and I continued staring at each other until they were done.

Takeshi once again moved forward and spoke to the king.

Takeshi: We will be in your care from now on.

Then the king once again looked towards me.

King: What about you?

Hikai: You saw my status do you even want me to stay?

King: Even so, if you want I will let you stay with them.

Hikai: I see.

As I was waiting for them to make their decision I thought back to the anime that I have watched about other world summoning. For some reason, the king that has summoned you has always been the bad guy for some reason. So I braced myself and said it to him face to face.

Hikai: I cannot trust you.

As I said those words everyone in the room stood shocked. Not just the king and his men but also the people who were beside me.

Soldier: How dare you disrespect the king!

One of the soldiers charged towards me.

King: Stop!

The soldier stopped and went back to his initial position.

King: Why?

The king now glared at me.

Hikai: How can we be sure that you are telling the truth? How can we be sure that you are not using us?

Everyone once again became shocked. I know but I cannot stop anymore

Hikai: Or will you let them go out of here? Will you let people you have only just met with extraordinary powers leave this place and into your streets without knowing who they are?

This time I looked towards my classmates then once again looked back to the king.

Hikai: How can I be sure that I won’t be killed when I get a room? How can I be sure that you will keep someone as useless as me alive? I am sure that no one will bother them but what about me? I hold no value whatsoever. I have no use for you whatsoever. All you wanted was people who would be willing to fight for you so how can I ensure my life?

Beatrix: That’s-

Then I once again looked back to my classmates as Beatrix wanted to say something.

Hikai: How can I be sure that you will not try to control them? How can they be sure that you are a good king? What if you are just using them as a sacrifice? How can we be sure that you will look for a way to bring us back? How can we be sure that you are not a bad person? Can you answer that?

I could feel the anger of everyone around me. Everyone was waiting for the king’s next words.

King: Then, what do you want to do?

Hikai: Let me ask one question again, will you let them leave this castle and go to town easily?

King: No. We do not know what they can do but we will train them here. Train them on how to use their new powers.

Hikai: Then why did you make us show our status to you?

The King became speechless. As the King was silent I asked my classmates.

Hikai: And so, what do you want to do?

I looked towards my classmates once again.

Takeshi: If that is true then we will stay in the castle.

Kei, Ryuji and Beatrix seem to also agree with Takeshi.

I looked back towards the king.

Hikai: Then how about me? If I wanted to will you let me go out?

King: No.

The king said so bluntly.

Hikai: I see. If I told you that the only way for us to settle this is if I am allowed to leave will you let me?

King: Explain.

I could see that the king is holding back his anger as well as his vassals and family.

Hikai: It is simple. I will live in the city.

Then everyone suddenly had confused expressions.

Hikai: Every day I would come back here and report on what I find. Every day I would go to the city and investigate about this kingdom and about its king.

King: What?

Hikai: I told you I would live in this city. I will find out what kind of country this is and if it can truly be trusted.

King: Then how can I trust that you will say the truth?

Hikai: I won’t be reporting to you but to them.

I pointed to my classmates.

Hikai: They would be the ones to decide. All I will do is tell them what I see and what I experience. In the very end, they are the ones who will choose what to do.

King: What if you run away and don’t come?

Hikai: If I don’t come back, that means that I was killed either by someone unrelated, one of your vassals

Then I breathe deeply and said to the king

Hikai: or by you yourself.

The woman who looks like the queen suddenly stood up as I said that.

Queen: Arrest him at once!

I was suddenly surrounded by soldiers.

Beatrix: Oh no! We have to save him!

As Beatrix tried to run towards me, Kei and Takeshi stopped her.

Takeshi: He brought this on himself.

Kei: You don’t need to help that.

Beatrix continued to look worried towards me.

Then, one of the soldiers charged towards me.

Calm down calm down. Remember what I was thought in the dojo.

As the soldier approached, I tried to remember.

What can I use out of all the techniques with the Naginata. I was not thought any barehanded moves. So that means that I have to use a move without the Naginata.

The soldier raised his sword upwards and slashed towards me.

That’s it!

Hikai: Middle Guard.

As the soldier slashed, I stepped to the side and used the middle guard stance to push him downwards which led to him losing his balance.

Hikai: Upper Guard!

Then I switched to the Upper guard stance. I was able to hit him on the chin which made him stagger and fall unconscious. I would then pick up the sword that he dropped and once again faced the soldiers.

Everyone was shocked on what happened.

Queen: What are you doing!? He’s only one man!

As the queen shouted my body suddenly became heavy. I dropped to one knee and let go of the sword.

Hikai: What happened to me?

Seeing the opportunity, all of the soldiers charged at once.

As their swords were swung towards me, a bright light suddenly blinded me.

??? : I guess it’s my turn now~!

A white light blinded everyone present.

As the white light emerged in the throne room, in the middle of nothingness something reacted.

: System Error

: System Error

: Losing Data

: Losing Data

: Data Lost

: Searching Source

: Source “Raimei Hikai”

: Observing Source

And then the voice turned silent as the girl appeared in front of the boy.

~Chapter 1 End~

9. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the next chapter. I would probably post one chapter per day for now.
    Chapter 2 - She has arrived
    As the white light disappeared a girl suddenly appeared on top of me.

Not literally on top, she was floating above me as I kneeled on the ground while being surrounded by soldiers.

??? : Whew, that was a close one huh~.

The girl said as she continued to float above me. The soldiers then switched their attention to the girl.

King: Who are you?

??? : Hmmmm??? What do your people call me again? Ummmm??

The girl then went silent for a while. Then she looked up and put her fist on her palm.

??? : Right! I was called Magicae!

King: What?! Magicae is the God of Magic!

Hikai: A God?

As I looked up, she positioned herself beside me.

Magicae: That’s right! I am the God of Magic!

She puffed up her chest as she said that.

King: So, why is the God of Magic here?

As the events unfolded, the only ones who moved and reacted were me and the king. Everyone else even my classmates were silently watching us.

Magicae: Well you see there was a weird thing that happened recently.

King: Weird thing?

Magicae: Yep, a person that was not supposed to come here arrived you know~? I guess you already know who it is but it was this guy over here~!

She pointed at me as she clapped her own hands. Needless to say, she was the only one clapping.

Magicae: Oh right! Before I forget, here you go!

A greenish light flowed towards me. My body grew lighter and I was finally able to stand up. As I stood up, I suddenly vomited blood and I dropped to my knees again.

Magicae: Ah! Well you’ll be fine!

As she laughed, the king spoke to her once again.

King: What do you plan to do?

Magicae: Well you see, I wasn’t really planning on doing anything you know? I was watching everything since a giant magic was used then I saw everything.

King: Then why did you appear?

Magicae: I’ll say one thing first, you messed up you know?

Magicae: The circle that you made was way too big. The only ones who were supposed to be summoned were those four you know? But because it was too big this guy over here got dragged into it.

King: I see.

The king suddenly looked regretful.

Magicae: I was still watching the whole thing then he suddenly did that I don’t trust you thing. I was laughing so much! Who would’ve thought that he would say that so suddenly? I couldn’t stop myself from getting curious about such a guy!

The girl laughed and continued speaking afterwards.

Magicae: Then the soldiers surrounded him but then he was able to fight one of them back. It was very amusing! But then that was when I realized the problem.

King: And that is?

She looked towards me and then the king.

Magicae: His body was blended.

Hikai: Eh?

Magicae: It may look fine on the outside but the inside was a different story. Every single part of you body was moved. It was fine when you weren’t moving but the moment you moved and those were pretty intense moves, your body could no longer keep itself stable.

She then moved close to me, too close and then she said.

Magicae: You were going to die.

She then turned away from me and looked back to the king.

Magica: You already had to drag him from his own world then you were going to kill him? I wasn’t going to let that happen you know~.

I once again stood up and finally felt truly better.

King: I see and how did you get here?

Magicae: EH? Well I think it would be better to show you. Hikai, can you open your status?

As I said status, everyone was surprised on the results.

Raimei Hikai

HP: 1000/1000 MP:-99∞/100

Strength: 100 Vitality: 100 Dexterity: 10000

Agility: 100 intelligence: 100 Luck: —

Hikai: What?! Negative MP?

Magicae: Yep, well I kind of you know used the whole MP of your existence?

Hikai: Huh? How, how do I get my MP back?

Magicae: Well, if I went back to the world of gods it will come back.

As I breathe a sigh of relief she suddenly dropped a bombshell.

Magicae: But every single one of the MP that I took will come back to you in one go which means that you will definitely die. Tehe~

She stuck her tongue out and hit her own head.

As I stood there petrified the King finally spoke again.

King: What do you plan to do with him?

Magicae: Hmm? I’m going to go along with him. He’ll die if I leave anyway.

Magicae: Let him do what he wants or I’ll make you do it so what do you choose?

The king then turned confused to the Queen. As they stared at each other, I decided to talk to Magicae.

Hikai: You said you were the God of Magic right?

Magicae: Yep yep! The one and only!

Hikai: Then can you do something for me?

Magicae: If I feel like it~

I gestured for her to come near me and I whispered something to her.

Hikai: Then can you please give me and the Heroes resistance against Brainwashing magic?

Magicae: Hahahahaha! Are you sure? I am a God you know? Making a deal with a God is very expensive~!

As she talked loudly, everyone but the King and Queen once again looked towards us.

Hikai: It’s fine.

Magicae: Then answer me this, why are you going so far for them? It’s not like you’re especially close of anything right?

Beatrix and the others were confused when Magicae looked towards them.

Hikai: It’s because I can trust them more than that King.

Magicae: I see I see then I accept your request.

Hikai: What will I have to do?

Magicae: I already got your payment you know. I was also the one who let you understand this worlds language so I decided to watch your whole life before this as payment but then I saw too much so this was perfect for that you know~?

Hikai: Wait you watched my whole life?

Magicae: Yep! So I already know how you know them~.

Magicae: So here you go!

The five of us suddenly glowed.

As the light disappeared, Kei suddenly walked towards me. She grabbed my collar and glared at me.

Kei: What did you do?

Hikai: I won’t tell you.

As she finally gave up, she walked away and joined up with them.

Magicae: Don’t worry about it! Since Hikai doesn’t want to say it I won’t say it either but it was something that would definitely help you in the future!

The only one to react to that was Beatrix.

Beatrix: Thank you very much.

As I was about to reply, the king finally finished his talk with the queen and said the following.

King: Fine. I will allow Raimei Hikai to go into the city and allow him to report his findings to the heroes who will be staying here as we train them to fight against the Demons. Do you agree with this?

The king looked towards my classmates and me.

Takeshi: Yes. We agree to this.

Hikai: Yes.

King: Then as King I hereby close this ceremony! Everyone may now leave!

Magicae: Come on let’s go!

As the soldiers kneeled to the king, Magicae dragged me outside the castle.

Magicae: We’re finally out of there.

She stretched her limbs for some reason.

Hikai: Hmm. I guess we should find somewhere to stay then.

Magicae: Yep! Is still have something to talk to you about so it would be best if we got somewhere private. I don’t want anyone to interfere or hear what we are about to talk about you know?

Hikai: Hmm? Don’t you have magic for that kind of thing?

Magicae: Well you see, I’m not at full power since I used you as a medium and because I used magic just now, I don’t have enough power right now to use that. Later it will recover so we’ll talk then.

As Magicae and I were speaking, a commotion was happening in town.

We saw a girl being chased by three grown men.

I saw this as a opportunity to know more about the city and ran towards them.

Magicae: Hey! You still haven’t recovered!

I ignored Magicae and ran as fast as I could.

The girl was now cornered in an alley. The three grown men surrounded her.

Man: Don’t make this hard for us. You’re our ticket out of here.

One of the men approached her.

Man: Our buyer was going to pay a lot for you girlie, so you better cooperate.

As the man tried to grab her, she suddenly saw me and yelled.

Girl: Please help me!

Before I realized I had already sprinted towards her.

Magicae: I already told you that you still need to recover! I don’t care anymore. Do what you want, I’ll just stay here.

As Magicae did not move, I arrived between the Man and the Girl.

Man: Oi. You have no business being here boy. Just leave and we won’t harm you yeah? All we want is the girlie over there.

Hikai: I don’t really know why I’m here either but I’m here already so I might as well try this whole saving thing.

As I could feel my body has still not recovered, I bluffed towards the men.

Man: Don’t say I didn’t warn yah.

The man rushed towards me while his two companions were watching us from short distance. Magicae was behind them just standing and looking bored.

Man: Tch. Stay still and let me kill you!

The man grew impatient as I kept dodging his attacks. However I could feel my body slowly getting slower and slower.

After a series of attacks the man finally could not hold back his anger.

Man: Annoying! Fireball!

He pointed his palm towards me and then fire suddenly came out.

Hikai: What?!

As I was surprised on what happened, I was not able to evade the incoming attack. I was hit and was flung towards the wall beside the girl.

As I tried to get up, my body suddenly grew limp and my mind was falling into darkness. As I tried to move the men suddenly talked to each other.

Man: Damnit. He was annoying. Hey you, go and capture that girlie.

One of the two men approached the girl and was going to stab her.

In my panic I jumped as much as I could and tried to catch the tip of the blade with my hand.

Hikai: Argh!

The blade pierced my arm and just nearly hit the girl’s face. Then suddenly, I heard another voice.

Boy: Hey! What are you doing there!?

The man tried to grab the girl but I stood in his way. Instead he pulled the sword back and ran away with the others. The boy ran after them while Magicae finally walked near me.

Magicae: Ah. You’re dying again. Well, I won’t do anything this time. This time was your entire fault after all.

As I heard Magicae say that, I searched for the girl. She was still confused on what happened so I reached my hand towards her in order to calm her down.

Magicae: What? His HP is already 0 so how can he still move?

As I reached the girl, I put my hand on her head and rubbed it lightly. As I lost strength in my body, I felt the girl hold my hand and the last thing that I feel before I lost consciousness was a slight sensation on the very same hand.

~Chapter 2 End~

10. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3 - Contract
    As I opened my eyes, the first thing that I saw was a ceiling.

I couldn’t clearly remember what happened, as I looked around I realized that I was laying on a bed and I saw a boy that I did not know looking at me.

Boy: Oh? So you’re awake huh?

The boy said as he walked towards the door.

Boy: Just wait here for a bit, I’ll go call my master.

The boy left me and as he left the room, Magicae appeared.

Magicae: You’re still alive huh? You’re pretty tough. Well, who you should really thank is this girl though.

She said as she pointed at my sheets. I raised the sheets and saw the girl sleeping there.

Hikai: Ah!

As I saw the girl, I finally remembered everything that happened.

Hikai:Urgh!

As I tried to sit up, I felt pain through my whole body.

Magicae: Ah ah, you probably shouldn’t move too much. Your body is not exactly fine you know?

As I slowly sat up I looked at my body. The left side was fine but the right side had my arm bandaged up. I also realized that I could only use one of my eyes.

Hikai: What? Why is my head bandaged?

As I looked towards Magicae, she had a weird expression on her face.

Magicae: How should I explain this? I mean, I’m not really allowed to talk about this since it’s not my stat but then……

As Magicae whispered to herself, the door opened and the boy earlier was accompanied by a older woman.

As the two entered, Magicae once again disappeared. Now that I looked carefully the boy had short brown hair and glasses, giving him the smart look while the woman with him had long green hair tied at the end. She had sharp features which would show her strong personality.

As I looked closer, I realized that she had pointed ears. I stared as she approached me while the boy stayed near the door.

Woman: How are you feeling?

The woman approached me and asked me as she looked over the bandages.

Hikai: It hurts a lot but I can at least move my body.

Woman: I see. You should probably sleep for a few days for those to fully heal. So, what happened? How did you get such wounds?

Hikai: I don’t really know.

Woman: What?

Hikai: I remember my right hand being stabbed but I don’t remember any of the other things. How did I get here?

Woman: Hmmm. Oh? My student over there brought you here.

The woman then pointed towards the boy.

Boy: My name is Zack. I found you and that girl as I saw those slave traders again.

Hikai: Slave traders?

Zack: Yeah, they’ve been trouble in these parts. I didn’t really want to go but that drunkard over there forced me too.

Woman: Oi! Who are you calling a drunkard ah, you brat.

Zack: Hmph. If I leave you alone you would probably drink for the whole day anyway.

Woman: I’m not drunk right now right!? Bah, just go and prepare food for the kid.

Zack: Fine, fine.

Woman: Tch, that kid just gets bolder in time. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. The name’s Feyris as you can see I’m an elf.

Hikai: Oh, nice to meet you too. My name is Hikai.

Feyris: How about the girl?

Hikai: Well I don’t know. I just met her and all.

Feyris: Hmmm… You’re a pretty good guy eh? Most people won’t even try to help others more so if it’s a demon after all.

Hikai: Demon?

I tilted my head as I looked towards the girl who was still sleeping.

Feyris: Oh? You didn’t know? That girl is a Demon.

Hikai: I thought that Demons would look you know scarier?

Feyris: Hahahahaha! Is that so? I guess you don’t know but Demon’s actually look like Human’s. The only way to distinguish them is when they use magic. When a Demon uses magic their innate traits come out like horns, wings or things that look like tattoos on the body, although this girl is a different story.

As I tilted my head, Feyris explained.

Feyris: Her body is permanently showing her Demon traits which are tanned skin but since Human’s also have tanned skin, people will have a hard time knowing that she’s demon. I only knew because I’m an elf.

Hikai: An elf? Well, you are exactly how I would picture a elf.

Feyris: Is that so?

I tried to get up but my body wouldn’t let me.

Feyris: Oh, you should probably sleep some more. I’ll go and get you some water. I’ll put it on the table beside the bed later.

I nodded to her and Feyris left, Magicae finally appeared.

Magicae: Hmmmm… I guess that much is okay.

As she started whispering again, she finally faced me.

Magicae: I can’t really go into much detail but in this world, when your HP is brought to zero you will be forced to fall unconscious.

Hikai: I don’t really understand what you are trying to say.

Magicae: When that fireball hit you your life turned into zero you know?

Hikai: Eh? If that is true then how was I able to move then?

Magicae: I think it’s because I used you as a medium to summon myself? Well, I can’t really explain it fully. We’re not allowed to explain about the stats after all.

Hikai: Why?

Magicae: Well, in this world there is one person in charge of each of the stats but then we are not allowed to explain the stats of the others to people since we may make mistakes. This already happened before and it caused a panic so yeah I can’t explain this one.

Hikai: So how is this related to my injuries?

Magicae: Even though your HP turned zero, your body took more damage than it could sustain resulting in those injuries.

She pointed at each part while explaining how I got injured.

Magicae: For your head, the back of it hit the wall pretty hard and it cracked. The wall actually cracked you know? It was very surprising.

She crossed her arms and nodded.

Magicae: Then when you fell, your right eye fell on a sharp piece that broke from the wall. What kind of coincidence was that?

She had a confused expression.

Magicae: Then of course your hand was stabbed by that guy but that wasn’t the end of it.

She suddenly mimicked what happened when I got stabbed.

Magicae: As that boy named Zack appeared, that guy panicked and pulled the sword from your hand too much that he actually dislocated your shoulder. I mean seriously, what the hell kind of luck do you have?

She looked at me again with a confused expression.

Magicae: Anyway, that’s how you got all of those injuries.

Hikai: I see. Hearing all of that makes me surprised that I didn’t die.

Magicae: Hmm? You did die you know?

Hikai: Eh? I died?

The way she said it so bluntly made me doubt her words.

Magicae: Yep! I was there after all. I saw it all happen.

Hikai: Then why am I still alive?

Magicae: I told you right? You have that girl to thank.

She pointed towards the girl who was still asleep.

Hikai: Really?

Magicae: Yep. You know from that elf that she’s a Demon right?

I nodded as I looked at the sleeping girl.

Magicae: I don’t know if she knew what she did or not but she made a contract with you as you were bleeding.

Hikai: Contract?

Magicae: Yeah, your injuries were too severe for your current condition so you died by bleeding out but then you know this girl over here~.

She suddenly had a big smile on her face.

Magicae: She licked the blood from your hand and then your contract was complete~! Contracts with Demons usually give enhanced abilities you know? So I guess what she gave you was enhanced healing? But you already stopped breathing even though your wounds were just barely closed.

Then she raised her fist up and slammed it on her palm.

Magicae: So I hit your heart like this then you started coughing!

Hikai: Huh?!

Magicae: What was it again? I saw it in your memories. Uhhhhh, Chest compressions! That’s it!

Hikai: You’re supposed to put both of your hands on top of each other and push to the heart, not punch it!

Magicae: Eh? Is that so? Hahahaha!

Hikai: It’s not a laughing matter you know.

Then I suddenly remembered what I came here to do.

Hikai: How long was I out anyway?

Magicae: If I’m going to use your world’s time to this world’s time then a whole day?

Hikai: What?!

So that means that I should be going to the castle then.

Hikai: Kh!

I forced my body to get up from the bed. Luckily, my legs had no problems so at the very least I didn’t have problems walking.

Magicae: What are you doing? Seriously, you keep on doing things without rest.

Hikai: I have to go back the castle.

I walked as fast as I can without moving my upper body too much.

Magicae: Oh! Right, I forgot about that. Well then let’s go!

Magicae then disappeared once again. As I walked through the house I passed through what looked like a living room and saw Feyris there. She had a bottle with a glass in her hand. She saw me as I passed through the door.

Feyris: Hm? Oh? What are you doing there?

Zack: You’re drinking again!

Zack came into the room and saw Feyris drinking. He didn’t seem to notice me so I continued walking towards the castle.

When I got outside however, I didn’t know where I was. Even though the castle was pretty huge I couldn’t see it from where I was standing.

Zack: What are you doing?

Zack was already behind me.

Hikai: I have to get to the castle.

Zack: The castle?

Hikai: I have something very important to do there.

Zack: You do know that you really shouldn’t be walking with those injuries right?

Hikai: Yes but I still have to go. I promise to tell you about it later so please tell me where the castle is.

I stared at him as I begged. Zack sighed and pointed to a direction.

Zack: Fine. The castle is over there. What about the girl?

Hikai: Please take care of her for now. I don’t think it would be a good idea to bring her to the castle after all.

Zack: The drunk did tell me what she was so I guess I understand.

Hikai: Thank you very much!

After saying thanks, I walked towards the castle.

Zack: Just come back in one piece. I don’t want to see those kinds of injuries again.

I waved at him with my left hand.

As I walked through the city, I was finally able to look around.

Hikai: Hmmm… The city looks a bit medieval type huh but then its not exactly like that. More like in the middle between now and then? It’s pretty hard to determine what kind of era this place is huh.

People were giving me weird looks as I continued to talk to myself as I walked towards the castle.

As I approached the castle, one of the guards noticed me and I approached him.

Soldier: Hmph. So you’re here. What’s with those injuries?

Hikai: Well a lot happened.

As I talked to him, I finally recognized him. He was the soldier who attacked me first and that I stole his sword from.

Soldier: Tch. Follow me. The heroes just finished another audience with the king. Since the king allowed it I’ll guide you but if you do anything suspicious I won’t hesitate.

He glared at me as he guided me towards the room.

Hikai: Hey, are you alright?

Soldier: Huh?

Hikai: I did hit you yesterday so I just wanted to apologize.

Soldier: You don’t have to.

Then we stopped in front of a door. The soldier knocked.

Soldier: Raimei Hikai has arrived.

Girl: Let him enter.

A girl’s voice answered from the inside. The soldier then opened the door and I entered the room.

In there I was met with the surprised gazes of Takeshi, Ryuji, Kei, Beatrix and one other person.

Girl: So you’re here you disrespectful boy.

It was the girl who was beside the queen, she glared at me as I entered.

Yes, it was the princess of this country.

~Chapter 3 End~

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  11. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 - First Report
    Princess: You may go.

Soldier: Yes!

As the princess said to the soldier, he left the room and closed the door.

As the door closed, the four of them finally moved and Beatrix quickly ran towards me.

Beatrix: What happened?! How did you get these injuries?!

Hikai: Well a lot happened. How should I explain?

As I thought to myself, the princess once again started talking.

Princess: Even though I do not want to, minimum courtesy requires me to at least introduce myself. I am the daughter of King Augustus Constantine Regnogreich, Jeanne Adamantine Regnogreich.

As she introduced herself, everyone focused their attention to her and I was finally able to look at her properly. Princess Jeanne had white hair just like the king. She seemed to be the same age as us.

Hikai: Then once again my name is Raimei Hikai.

I bowed a bit to the princess but her glare did not lose its intensity.

Jeanne: Hmph. I am quite surprised that you did come back after a day just like you said although your appearance suggests that you should not have.

I guess she’s worried in her own way?

Hikai: Well, one broken promise is already too much for me.

Kei: Hmph.

Only one person reacted to my reply and then Beatrix spoke once again.

Beatrix: Don’t ignore me! What happened!?

Beatrix was too close again.

Hikai: Well….

As I was going to explain, Magicae appeared out of nowhere once again.

Magicae: Ah, you can’t explain about that okay?

Everyone including me was surprised by her appearance.

Hikai: Hahhh. Then can you explain to them?

Magicae: No way. I only told you that anyway since it was kind of my fault but I don’t have to explain it to them.

Hikai: Then what am I allowed to say?

Magicae: Just don’t say anything about the stat but wait……… hmmmm…. well I’ll just explain something else.

We all tilted our heads.

Magicae: Why don’t you sit down first? Here we have a lesson from me!

Hikai: Am I allowed to sit here?

Jeanne: I don’t want you to but you are allowed.

Beatrix and I sat down around the circle table. The table had some scones and tea on it. Needless to say, there was no portion for me.

Magicae: Teacher Magicae here to teach you now! Now, all of you already know that I am the God of Magic yes?

All of us nodded our heads.

Magicae: Now, what I am about to tell you only involves our summoned people here so the Princess and even you Hikai since you don’t have any more MP can’t use this knowledge but I’ll tell you anyway.

Now Magicae walks around all of us as she explains.

Magicae: Now everyone who is born in this world has innate magic residing in their body.

She uses magic to show us two different bodies.

Magicae: Now, the MP that everyone currently has is how much magic that is inside their body but then here is the problem. You guys don’t have magic in your world right?

I and the other four nodded our heads.

Magicae: So then how do you guys have MP? The answer is……. the world!

Hikai: Huh?

Magicae: When you guys were summoned here, the world was used as a medium for the summoning. Of course as compensation for summoning you, the world provided you with MP. As the world processed your body in summoning it decided how much MP it would give you in the beginning.

Then she stopped behind me and pointed at me.

Magicae: But since you were not meant to be summoned, the world did not process you properly which in turn blended you and your stats are lower than an adult warrior in this world.

Hikai: Is that so? But wait are you sure you should be expla-argh.

As I stood up when I asked her my body once again hurt.

Magicae: That? Well out of all the stats, MP is the only one who uses this method so it’s fine. Besides, it was decided that at least MP should be explained to you guys.

Hikai: I see. Well not like I can use it anyway.

Magicae: Hahaha! Well yeah! Hahaha!

Hikai: Stop laughing at me!

Magicae: Well then, bye bye!

Then Magicae disappeared once again.

Hikai: Hahhh. Seriously, that girl just doesn’t stop messing with me.

As I looked back to them it seems as though they were talking to each other. They were only whispering so I couldn’t really hear what they are saying.

Jeanne: Think about what she said later. For now we should make him finish what he’s going to say so that he can leave.

She really hates me. As I thought as such, Beatrix once again spoke.

Beatrix: So how did you get injured?

Hikai: Right but can I eat one first? I haven’t eaten since yesterday.

Beatrix: Eh? Why haven’t you eaten since yesterday?

Jeanne: He probably doesn’t have any money to eat. He left just like an idiot yesterday after all.

Even though she had a displeased expression she still pushed a plate with some scones on it towards me while Kei silently put a cup and saucer in front of me. It was empty though. She had a smirk when I looked towards her.

Hikai: Well it’s true that I currently don’t have any money. Oh thank you.

Beatrix poured me some tea as I ate a scone.

Hikai: Delicious! This tea as well!

Beatrix: I know right?! Princess Jeanne has told us that people had been summoned before and they have thought the people in this world about our world so most of the food we had are here as well.

Hikai: That’s amazing.

As I finished the scone and tea, I started to talk about yesterday.

Hikai: When I left the castle, I saw a little girl being chased by three men. So I followed them and they cornered the little girl in an alley.

Beatrix: Why were they following the girl?

Hikai: I only learned about it earlier but they were Slave Traders.

Princess Jeanne suddenly stood up and shouted.

Jeanne: What?! There has been a ban on slavery!

Takeshi: Please calm down, Princess.

Princess Jeanne reflected and sat down once again.

Jeanne: Continue.

Hikai: Ok. So the little girl was surrounded by men and as they got closer, she saw me and asked for my help. I don’t really know why I did it but I ran and positioned myself between them.

Right after I said that, Kei’s expression changed to a wondering expression to a quiet laugh. It’s like she’s saying that what the heck I am doing with those low stats.

Beatrix: You were protecting the girl?

Jeanne: Hmph. He probably just lost.

Hikai: Yes. That’s why I have all of this.

I gestured towards my head and my arm. As I did that, Kei had another smirk on her face. It was like she was telling me I knew it.

Hikai: So, I lost and I became unconscious. When I woke up I was laying down on a bed. It seems that I was saved a boy and an elf.

The first one to react was Princess Jeanne

Jeanne: An elf? What was her name?

Hikai: She called herself Feyris.

Then Princess Jeanne once again stood up and shouted.

Jeanne: Feyris!? “Maelstrom” Feyris!?

She brought her face close and all of us were startled.

Jeanne: Hah! I’m sorry for my conduct just now.

The princess once again sat down as she calmed down.

Hikai: Is she famous?

Jeanne: Yes, Maelstrom Feyris is one of the only two S-rank adventurers currently residing in this city. She is also the strongest mage of the country. From what I have heard she has now retired and has one disciple that she is currently living with.

Hikai: Oh. That would be Zack I guess but she was famous huh.

Princess Jeanne had a excited expression as she talked about Feyris.

Beatrix: Then where are you staying now?

Hikai: I still don’t have a place to stay but I plan to look for one afterwards.

Jeanne: Even though you have no money?

Once again, Kei smirked.

Hikai: Well I have been invited by Zack to eat after this so I would ask for their help for that.

Jeanne: With Feyris…. I want to go as well

Takeshi: Princess, you do know that just like us you cannot leave the castle.

Jeanne: I know that.

She looked depressed and then looked up like nothing happened.

Beatrix: And what about the little girl?

Hikai: Oh her? Well…

As I was about to say something, Magicae suddenly appeared.

Magicae: He slept with the little girl!

And disappeared once again.

Beatrix: Eh? So that’s your interest?

Magicae: Lolicon~

Magicae appeared again and said that with a smirk and then she disappeared again. She’s really making fun of me.

Takeshi didn’t react at all, Ryuji was laughing, and Princess Jeanne didn’t seem to understand what was going on while Beatrix was thinking. Meanwhile Kei had a disgusted expression. That girl’s expression is really easy to read.

Hikai: Hahhhh. Anyway, I just woke up a little bit earlier. It seems as though that I slept for literally one whole day.

Beatrix: Where is she now?

Hikai: She’s currently in Feyris’ house. When I woke up she was still sleeping so I didn’t wake her up and came here.

Beatrix: So you left her there? You left her there without telling her anything?

Beatrix was shaking, Kei was the only one who noticed and looked at her with a wondering expression.

Beatrix: I see. Was that all you wanted to tell us?

Hikai: Yes. That’s everything.

As I said that, Beatrix glared at me.

Beatrix: I know that we have only known each other for a few months but you should think of other people more!

Beatrix stood up approached me and then she grabbed my collar and pulled me up violently.

Hikai: Argh!

Beatrix: What do you think people feel when you treat them like this!? What do you think I felt when the first person who I thought of as a friend rejected me!? What do you think that girl will feel when she finds out that you’re not there!? Why don’t you think about what other people feel!?

Everyone was shocked with what Beatrix just did.

Beatrix: The world doesn’t revolve around you! Stop being self-centered and go to her now!

As I stared at her eye to eye I saw fury and intense sadness within them and I remembered my past. I remembered the feelings that I had as I woke up in a stranger’s house again and again. The feeling of wanting to see the people that I cared about, the people that I knew I could never see again. She pushed me away and turned her back to me.

Beatrix: Don’t bother coming back tomorrow if she’s not with you.

As she told me that I could no longer stop myself. Regret and sadness overwhelmed me as I ran.

Jeanne: He’s ble-

The princess was saying something but I couldn’t hear it properly.

Hikai: Hah… kh…… Argh…… ugh

I ran as fast as I could. Even though I could feel the blood flowing from my head I could not stop.

Hikai: It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!

Passing through the gate, I kept running and running. As I reached the house, there was chaos.

Hikai: What?

Feyris was facing off against another man while Zack was sprawled on the floor while a girl was poking him and the little girl was hiding behind a chair.

Girl: Ah.

The little girl ran towards me and hid behind me. I felt relief flow through my whole body. At that point I could no longer feel anything and collapsed.

Magicae: Ah ah. How many times do you have to pass out till you’re satisfied?

The last thing I heard was Magicae’s voice before I fell unconscious once again.

~Chapter 4 End~

12. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 5 - More People
    I woke up seeing the same ceiling once again. I tried to sit up again and my head hurt more than yesterday.

Girl: Oh you’re awake! Master! He’s awake!

A girl suddenly yelled in a loud voice and ran out of the room.

Hikai: Argh, her voice is too loud.

My head throbbed and then the sheets moved.

Girl: Are you okay?

The little girl was awake and she was on the bed again. She had fiery red hair with brownish skin tone. She was around half my height and she also had fiery red eyes.

Hikai: My head hurts. I can’t feel my right arm.

Girl: Oh. I think it’s because of this, Recovery.

My whole body was surrounded by a pale green light. After it disappeared I could move my body like normal again well not the right side due to my injuries.

Hikai: What was that?

Girl: You were paralyzed.

Hikai: Eh? Who paralyzed me?

Girl: I don’t know.

The girl shook her head as she answered.

Hikai: I see. Oh, what’s your name?

Girl: Name? Name? Ah. Linlurisa Katsyakov Eterna

Hikai: Linlu-? Can I just call you Lin?

The girl nodded. Then the door was opened and the girl with the man that I saw yesterday came in the room.

Girl: Master! Hurry up! He’s awake!

Man: Shut up! You’re too noisy!

Girl: Ehhhh?

Man: Hmm? You shouldn’t be able to move about yet.

Hikai: Who are you?

Man: I guess we should introduce ourselves. My name is Ranga. I’m from the Blue wolf tribe.

Girl: And I am Ester!

Ranga had long blue hair and he had a muscular body. Ester had short blonde hair. They were both wearing clothes that looked very athletic.

Hikai: Blue wolf tribe?

Ranga: Oh? Don’t you know about Beastmen?

Hikai: No.

Ranga: Hmm… well just think of us as people with ears like this and tails like this. Hahahaha! There are many types but I doubt you’ll meet others here so this is fine for now.

Hikai: Is that so…

Then Zack and Feyris arrived.

Feyris: Eh? How could you be moving?

Due to her disbelief I finally guessed who cast paralysis on me.

Hikai: So it was you who put paralysis on me. Why?

Feyris: You would probably run away like yesterday so I had to do it you know? And how did you cure yourself?

Hikai: Well she did. Come out Lin.

Lin raised her head from the sheets and did a light bow then she hid once again.

Hikai: I guess she’s pretty shy.

Feyris: Hey Lin, can you do me a favor?

Lin peeked out and tilted her head.

Feyris: Don’t cure him this time. It’s for him after all. Sleep

Feyris pointed her finger at me and then my head started to feel dizzy.

Hikai: No. I won’……

Feyris: What? He’s resisting the magic?!

Hikai: I must go…..

I forced my body to move.

Ranga: We can’t use violence since his wounds are still not healed properly. This guy is as troublesome as you say.

Feyris: Tch. Then a match it is! I’ll keep chanting sleep till he sleeps!

Magicae: I can’t watch this anymore. Leave this to me!

Then Magicae suddenly appeared in front of everyone. Everyone was shocked and stared at the new girl.

Magicae: Now let me do a lullaby!

She suddenly chopped me on the back of my neck.

Hikai: That’s…… not…… a……. lullaby.

Magicae: Eh? But that was the most used method that makes people sleep right? That’s a lullaby right?

Hikai: No….

Even fighting sleepiness Hikai still didn’t stop retorting.

Magicae: Oh well. One! More! Time!

She chopped again.

Hikai: I….. still…… have……. a…….. promise.

It seemed to work this time as Hikai passed out as he said those.

Magicae: Alright! Problem solved!

Magicae did a victory pose. The first to react was Feyris.

Feyris: Wait a minute! Who are you?!

Magicae: Me? I’m the God of Magic, Magicae!

Now she did a pose with one of her eye looking in between two fingers.

Ranga: God of Magic

Zack: Magicae?

For some reason, Ester was already sleeping beside the bed.

Ester: Ehehehehe. I can’t eat anymore.

Everyone decided to ignore the sleeping girl.

Feyris: What is the God of Magic doing here anyway?!

Magicae: Hmm? I currently am watching over this guy you know~?

Feyris: Is that so?

Magicae: Yep! Oh. Since he’s not waking up anytime soon you better go to the castle okay~? Just say that you’re going because of Raimei Hikai and I think the princess would want to meet you too~. Bye bye!

She disappeared once again and left the others.

Feyris: Go to the castle? Wait, is this guy related to Royalty?

Ranga: Heh. Good luck to you, old hag.

Feyris: Ahhhh!? What are you talking about you stinky mutt!?

Ranga: What did you say!?

The two glared at each other.

Zack: I think that both of you should go to the castle.

Feyris & Ranga: Ahhhhh!?

Zack: Everyone still remembers both of you so you will be able to get into the castle. Besides, it seems as though it’s pretty important to him. He did talk about a promise after all.

Feyris: Tch. Promise huh.

Ranga: Tch. Fine, the old hag might forget how to get there after all.

Feyris: What’s the mutt whose nose probably isn’t working talking about?

The two glared once again.

Zack: Both of you just go alright? I’ll take care of Ester and-

Then Zack was interrupted.

Lin: Leave it to me.

As she said her piece she once again entered the sheets.

Zack: Leave Hikai up to her.

Then both of them were kicked out. They went to castle as they argued to each other. Then there argument died down and Feyris spoke.

Feyris: I guess its fine. It’s a good a time as any anyway, besides this would probably make him feel better when he wakes up.

Ranga: You only met him yesterday right? Why are you doing so much for him anyway?

Feyris: Well there’s the thing with the God of Magic but I’ll explain that another time. It’s because he resembles someone I used to know.

Feyris stared at the sky and Ranga waited for her.

Feyris: From what I’ve seen he’s the type of guy who would sacrifice himself for others. He would move no matter what happens to him.

Then she looked down with sadness.

Feyris: That’s why I want to help him with this since I wasn’t able to. There’s not much I can do but I wish that someone would be able to help him out.

Ranga could not fully understand then they reached the castle.

As they told the soldier about their intentions, they were quickly invited to the same room that Hikai had met the princess. As they entered the room, the princess was the first one to react.

Jeanne: “Maelstrom” Feyris and “Divine Fang” Ranga, what brings the pleasure of your presence here!?

The Princess bolted out of her seat and ran towards the two surprising the other four occupants. They were the group of Beatrix, Kei, Ryuji and Takeshi.

Feyris: We’re here because of Raimei Hikai.

The princess calmed down after hearing that and went back to her seat.

Jeanne: That brat? What do you mean?

Feyris: He’s currently sleeping.

Jeanne: Sleeping?

Feyris: Yeah. Even though his injuries got worse that he really shouldn’t be moving he still forced himself to go here. So we had to make him fall asleep by force. Now the reason we’re here is because he said something about a promise. That was the last thing he said before passing out.

Kei: Hmph

The only ones who reacted in a different way was Kei and Beatrix. Kei had a faint smile on her face while Beatrix had a sad expression.

Feyris: *whisper* I see so it’s her. *whisper* so can you tell me more about him? I’ve only met him yesterday after all.

Beatrix and the others told what happened after they appeared in front of the King two days ago.

Ranga: He said that to the King!? Hahahaha! That guys a riot! Interesting!

As Ranga was laughing, Feyris focused on something else.

Feyris: You said you saw his stats right? What was the highest?

Beatrix: If I remember correctly it was Dexterity. 10000, I think?

Feyris widened her eyes and smiled.

Feyris: I see 10000, huh. Nice, that’s nice. This just got more interesting.

Everyone wondered about what Feyris is talking about.

Feyris: Princess, where is the King?

Jeanne: He’s currently in the throne room meeting with all the nobles.

Feyris: Perfect, Ranga its time that we use that S-rank thing for another.

Jeanne: Wait, Feyris. Why are you going so far?

Right before Feyris could leave the Princess asked her a question.

Feyris: I’ve lived a very long time Princess. I’ve heard many things about the God of Magic.

Jeanne: God of Magic?

Feyris: Yeah. I’ve spoken to many people who have met her and all of them have said one thing. That she’s cold.

Jeanne: Cold?

Feyris: Yeah. She’s not interested. She’s bored. She doesn’t care. It’s all the same thing but from what I saw was vastly different. She was energetic, she was having fun. So I wondered if all of them are lying. But then I thought that what if it’s just because who Hikai is.

Then Feyris turned her back to them and before she started walking

Feyris: He also reminds of someone I care a lot for so I can’t help but try to at least do this for him. I just hope that someone will not do the same thing that I did. I hate having regrets.

She glanced back and saw that only Beatrix reacted to her words. Then she started walking towards the throne room.

All of them followed after her and as they neared the throne room a soldier noticed them.

Soldier: Feyris, Ranga and Princess! What may I do for you!?

Jeanne: We would like to meet my father.

Soldier: The king is currently in a meeting.

Feyris: That’s why it’s perfect.

Princess Jeanne opened the door and walked inside. Following her were Feyris and Ranga while Kei, Beatrix, Ryuji and Takeshi were behind them.

The King and the Nobles noticed their entrance. Princess Jeanne stopped and Feyris, Ranga, Kei, Beatrix, Ryuji and Takeshi kneeled behind her.

Augustus: Hmm, Jeanne my daughter why have you brought “Maelstrom” Feyris and “Divine Claw” Ranga with you?

Jeanne: They have something to say to you and everyone else here Father.

Augustus: What is it?

Princess Jeanne walked to the side and Feyris stood up and faced the King.

Feyris: Do you remember about the other boy who was summoned here two days ago?

King: Yes. What about him?

Feyris: He’s currently going to be under me so all of you in here are warned.

She looked at everyone and then declared as such.

Feyris: If you mess with him, you mess with me!

Feyris then walked out of the throne room.

Ranga: Hah. Well, I’m going to be with her with this one so you’ll have to deal with both of us if you do.

And Ranga followed after her. All of this happened without Hikai knowing.

Raimei Hikai would wake up three days later right after the Heroes were sent on a Monster Expedition.

~Chapter 5 End~

13. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6 - Fully Recovered?
    As I opened my eyes I could see the same ceiling as before. I sat up but I could not remember what happened. Lin saw me and ran towards the sleeping Ester. She kept slapping Ester.

Lin: Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

Ester: What….?

As Ester woke up I finally remembered what happened.

Hikai: I have to get to the castle!

As I tried to jump off the bed and run to the castle. Lin reacted faster.

Lin: Ester, capture him!

Ester ran towards me and held both of my arms. I prepared myself but then I saw that my arm was not bandaged anymore. Lin went in front of me and stared at me eye to eye.

Lin: Calm down?

She tilted her head and I calmed down. I checked my head and it was also not bandaged anymore. Lin then ran outside and then she brought back Feyris, Ranga and Zack. Feyris suddenly threw a piece of bread towards me and as I caught it my stomach growled.

Feyris: Just eat that and calm down.

I sat down on the bed as I ate the bread.

Hikai: How long have I been asleep?

Feyris: Three days.

As I heard her reply I once again tried to stand but Feyris had her hand in front of my face and Lin was holding onto my hand.

Feyris: Don’t worry about it. I made the report in your place while you were out. All I did was tell them that you were still sleeping though. Oh and don’t bother going today, the Heroes were sent on a Monster hunt and it would take them a few days before they could come back.

Hikai: A few days? What should I do now?

Feyris: Weren’t you supposed to report to them about the city then why don’t you just keep doing that and then report to them when they get back?

Hikai: Before that I should first earn some money and be able to have a place to stay. I would probably die from hunger after all.

As Hikai looked around, Feyris and Zack had their hands on their face while Ranga was just sitting down and laughing while Ester was just playing with Lin. Then Feyris spoke as if she had given up.

Feyris: You can stay here.

Hikai: Really!? That’s one problem down. Now next is how do I earn some money?

Feyris: We have a guild here.

Hikai: A guild?

Feyris: I’m pretty sure you’re not looking to have a job right? So the guild is the perfect place for you to go. You can take requests there and earn money by completing them. Zack, why don’t you help Hikai with his first request?

Zack surprised by being called thought for a bit and answered.

Zack: I guess its fine.

Ester: Me too! Me too!

Ester shouted afterwards while Lin held Hikai’s hand and pulled it.

Lin: Can I go too?

Hikai: What? It’ll be dangerous you know?

Lin: It’s fine. I was taught to protect myself.

Lin then used magic. I couldn’t really know what she used though.

Feyris: It’ll be fine. They may not look like it but Zack and Ester are pretty strong you know.

Ranga: You two. Make sure to protect the little girl alright!?

Ester & Zack: Yes!

Somewhat forced by the two, the four of you headed towards the Adventurer’s Guild. As you walked towards it, Lin was tightly holding onto your hand and looking everywhere. Zack noticed and talked to Lin.

Zack: Don’t worry about them. We already caught them so no one is chasing you now.

Lin nodded her head but did not stop looking around and then they reached the Adventurer Guild. There were four receptionists on duty. The line for the two young women was long while the handsome young man had a few. The last one had a man laying his head down the counter. That was the counter that we went to.

Zack: Excuse me. I would like to register these two.

Zack tapped the sleeping man.

Man: Argh. There are three other tables, just line up for those.

Zack was surprised by the attitude of the man and was speechless. Hikai then walked up the man and talked to him.

Hikai: Are you not on duty?

Man: Hmm? Nah, I just don’t feel like doing anything.

Hikai: Oh? Hahaha. I understand that feeling but you will get bored of that too you know?

Everyone was wondering what he was talking about.

Hikai: I also had a period where I don’t feel like doing anything. More like I wasn’t able to do anything so I think you should treasure that feeling you know? Because I’m sure that one day you will get bored of doing nothing.

Man: Hahhh?

Hikai: That’s why you should only do nothing when you have nothing to do!

Everyone was confused about what I said. The only one who seemed to understand was the man.

Man: Hahahaha! Is that so kid? So you’re just telling me to do my job right?

Hikai: Yep!

The two of them laughed for a while after that.

Man: You’re an interesting kid. The name’s Frank, the head of this Adventurer Guild branch.

Hikai: Then why are you here?

Frank: One of the employees couldn’t make it today so I had to step in. So what brings you here?

Hikai: I would like to register as an adventurer with her.

Frank looked at Lin and handed out a form.

Frank: The only thing that you’re required to write on is your name.

Lin and I wrote only our names on the form. Since Lin’s name is too long I told her to only write Lin.

Frank: Next I’m going to need you to put your blood on this Guild card. It would act as your identification to various places. The Guild card also records your current rank. You can edit what appears on it except for the Name and Rank. Those are the only ones that everyone can see.

Hikai: What was the form for then?

Frank: We like to have a second copy of the contents in the Guild card. A lot of people lose their Guild cards so we confirm the contents with the second copy in those situations. Normally we would charge you money for this but since you’re an interesting boy I decided to do it for free.

Hikai: Thank you very much.

Frank: For now, you and the Girl will start at Rank G. The Rank goes from G,F,E,D,C,B,A and then S. You can rank up if you achieve enough points for each rank. You can also accept mission’s one rank higher than you if you are Rank G-D but Ranks C and above can only accept missions which are the same rank or lower as them. Ranks A and above are forced to participate in Urgent Missions as well. If you are a party you can accept the quests depending on the highest ranked member. Now, the quest board is over there so I’m going to sleep now.

Frank once again laid his head on the counter. The four of us then go to the board.

Zack: Ester and I are currently Rank D. Now the missions are generally separated into categories. Rank G missions are usually missions which happen within the city. Rank F is usually collection missions. Rank E and D are usually Monster Hunts around the city. Ranks C and B are missions which are usually far while Ranks A and S are reserved for emergency quests.

As Zack was explaining to us, Ester and Lin came back with a quest.

Ester: Let’s take this quest!

Zack: Goblin Hunt, a Rank E quest? I guess that would be fine.

We went to Frank’s counter once again. After processing our quest he once again went to sleep.

Hikai: Now I need a weapon.

Zack: What kind of weapon do you use?

Hikai: I use the Naginata.

Zack: Naginata?

Hikai: It’s a long pole with a curved blade on the top.

Ester: So it’s like a spear?

Hikai: Well it’s similar but since I don’t have money is there somewhere where I can get a pole?

Zack: Then why don’t you ask the castle? Maybe they’ll give you one.

All four of us went to the castle.

Soldier: Oh? The heroes are not here right now.

Hikai: Do you have a pole that I can borrow?

Soldier: What would you need a pole for?

Hikai: Fighting.

The soldier had a confused expression as he went inside to get a pole. It was as long as a Naginata so I was very happy with it.

Hikai: I’ll be sure to return this.

Soldier: Sure.

As we walked towards the city exit I spoke with Zack.

Hikai: I feel like they’re treating me a bit nicer.

Zack: Maybe it’s because two people declared something to the king.

Hikai: Two people?

Zack: Just forget about it.

And so all of us walked towards the exit once again and then we stumbled upon a group of goblins.

Zack: Alright. There are 4 of us and 5 of them. Let’s plan this one. Lin, what kind of magic can you use?

Lin: Darkness Magic and Healing Magic.

Zack: I can use Fire Magic and Water Magic so that settles it. Dark magic specializes in hindering movement so we’ll work in pairs for now. Lin and Hikai will be one pair while Ester and I will be the other. Since Ester and I have more experience we’ll take three Goblins.

The three of us nodded at Zack’s strategy.

Zack: Attack!

All of us charged out at once. Lin used her magic to stop the opponents while I proceeded to attack them. On the other side Zack and Ester were having a competition as to who can kill more Goblins. After we have defeated them we collected their ears for proof.

Hikai: You didn’t really team up huh.

As I said that, Zack suddenly turned his back to me.

Zack: We’re surrounded.

I was late to realize but we had been surrounded by ten Goblins. Two of them were different than the others. Both of them were in front of me. One had Long sword and armor while the other had a mask and a staff.

Zack: What!? Is that a Goblin General and a Goblin Mage? They shouldn’t be around here.

We were now staring at each other and I whispered towards the others.

Hikai: What should we do?

Zack: Tch. We can handle the Goblins fine but those two are the problem.

Ester: I can’t beat all of them by myself.

Lin was pulling on my sleeves with a worried look.

Hikai: If those two weren’t fighting, can you beat the others by yourself?

Zack and Ester were surprised by my suggestion and nodded their heads.

Hikai: Then I will handle those two.

Zack: What!? Do you think you can beat them by yourself!?

As Zack shouted the goblins reacted as well and charged towards us. Only the Goblin mage did not move. Zack hurriedly turned around and used magic while Ester charged towards the goblins. I also charged towards the Goblin General that was in front of me. Other than the Goblin General, two other Goblins were charging towards me. Lin used her Darkness Magic to stop their movement.

Goblin General: !?

The Goblin General was the only one able to respond and evaded her magic. He jumped towards me. He slashed down with his sword.

Goblin General: Arrrrrr!

I evaded the sword and used the pole for an overhead strike. It hit the General but the tip of the pole broke.

Hikai: Damn. I have to do something else.

The Goblin General then did a horizontal slash. I stepped back and then I tried to attack its legs. The tip broke once again.

Hikai: How about this?

I then switched and proceeded to do a horizontal sweep but it just broke further.

Hikai: Kh. My attacks aren’t working.

The Goblin General smiled then I suddenly heard a voice.

Lin: Kyaa!

I heard Lin shout and saw the two Goblins going to attack her. I ran as fast as I could towards her. I tackled one of the goblins and it hit the other one as well but then the Goblin General was following me and attacked.

Hikai: Oh no!

I blocked it with the remains of the pole. I was able to block it for a second but then the pole broke. The Goblin General then jumped away and then I saw the Goblin Mage behind it. It then summoned a fireball and it flew towards me.

Hikai: Eh?

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! No! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! No! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! No! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! No!

Then a massive explosion occurred.

~Chapter 6 End~

14. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a bit late but here it is. The next chapter would be on Monday
    Chapter 7 - Magic
    As I felt the heat around me, I still couldn’t move.

Hikai: Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire.

As I clutched my chest and I couldn’t move. The fireball kept replaying again and again in my head. Not just that one but also the one when I met Lin.

Hikai: Damn. What the hell!?

As I looked around me I saw that Zack and Ester were facing off against the Goblin General and Goblin Mage. There was still smoke around us but since it was somewhat transparent I would think that it was steam instead.

Zack: Whew. Good thing I made it in time. You guys fine?

Lin: I’m fine but Hikai.

As I looked again, it seems that the only ones left were those two. Zack and Ester defeated everyone else. As I inhaled deeply I could feel myself calm down. I stood up and lined up with Zack and Ester while Lin was behind us.

Hikai: I’m okay now.

As we faced off against the two I spoke once again.

Hikai: We won’t chase after you so can you please leave?

Zack and Ester had a surprised face and the two Goblins looked at each other. They looked around and as I followed their line of sight I could see that they looked at the other fallen goblins. After some time, both of them nodded towards us and left. As they finally left, all of us sat down.

Hikai: I didn’t think that would work.

Zack: We should report this to the guild.

Ester: I’m so tired~.

As we all relaxed I remembered what happened to me.

Hikai: Zack, can you fire a fireball to me?

Zack: What? What are you talking about?

Hikai: It doesn’t have to hit me just fire it towards me.

Zack: If you say so.

Zack faced towards me and fired a fireball. As I saw the fireball approach, I couldn’t move my body once again. My heart was beating too fast that it hurt and flashes of fire appeared on my mind.

Hikai: Tch. So it’s like that.

Zack: Oi. What’s wrong!?

Zack approached me as he saw my condition.

Hikai: I’ll explain later. After I calm down, let’s report to the guild and I have to talk to Feyris.

Zack: With master?

We went back afterwards.

Hikai: We finished the quest. Here is the proof.

Frank: Why are you still going to me?

Hikai: Don’t worry about it. Anyway we also have something to report.

Frank: Hmm? You only needed 5, why do you have 13?

Hikai: After we finished the quest, we were suddenly surrounded by Goblins. Zack and Ester took care of them.

Zack: Bu-

As Zack was going to say something I gestured him to stop.

Hikai: Do you have an idea as to why there are a lot of Goblins?

As Frank thought It over he then looked around and told us..

Frank: Keep this between us but there was a request to subjugate the Goblin King. Apparently the King sent the soldiers and the Heroes there so the ones that you saw most probably were the ones who escaped from there.

Hikai: I see. That’s all then. Thank you very much.

As Frank gave us the reward we walked back to the house. That was when Zack finally spoke to me.

Zack: Why didn’t you tell them about those two?

Hikai: I did make a promise after all.

Zack: When did you make the promise?

Hikai: Hmm? Didn’t I say that we would not chase after them? That’s why I didn’t tell them about it but if other people find them it’s not my problem anymore.

Zack: I still don’t understand but alright.

As we arrived in the house we went and talked with Feyris.

Feyris: Hmm? What’s wrong?

Zack: It seems that Hikai has something to say to you.

Hikai: It seems that I have a problem with magic.

As Feyris tilted her head, Magicae appeared.

Magicae: What was it again? Was it impotence?

Hikai: No! Its trauma, trauma alright!

Feyris: Trauma?

Hikai: Well do you remember what happened when I arrived here?

Feyris: You mean the whole slave trader thing?

Hikai: Yeah. Do you know how I got injured?

Feyris: If I remember correctly, you got hit by a fireball right?

Hikai: It seems that the memory back then is still affecting me. Whenever someone is using fireball aimed at me my body stops moving. My heart hurts and I can’t breathe properly.

As Feyris thought it over, Magicae started talking.

Magicae: What are you talking about? You’re obviously impotent.

Then Magicae raised up both of her hands and shoulders and shook her head.

Magicae: The only reason why that’s happening is because you know that you can’t do anything about magic. That’s why you’re impotent.

Hikai: Then what do you want me to do?

I gave up and asked her.

Magicae: Fine. Since you’re so desperate I’ll give you a way to fight people with magic.

The first one to react was Feyris.

Feyris: Ohhhhh! What will that be!?

Magicae then pointed at me.

Magicae: Now look at your status. Feel free to show everyone if you want.

My status appeared and what showed shocked all of us.

Raimei Hikai

HP: 1100/1100 MP: -99∞/100

Strength: 100 Vitality: 150 Dexterity: 10000

Agility: 100 Intelligence: 100 Luck : —

SKILLS

Brainwash Nullification (Magicae Special)

Mind Interference Magic Resistance – Level 5

Magic Manipulation(Magicae Special) – Level 1

Magic Absorb(Hand) – Level 1

Magic Release(Hand) – Level 1

I understood most of it but still decided to ask.

Hikai: Can you explain this Magic Manipulation?

Magicae: Here’s Teacher Magicae with a special lesson!

She suddenly put her fingers between her eyes. The air glasses movement.

Magicae: Now then, Magic Manipulation is not really a special skill but what makes this one special is the sub skills included in the skill itself. Now then, in order to activate it you would need a clear image of absorbing. The reason why there’s ‘hand” in your skill is because only your hands can use this. It would be too strong if you can use any part of your body after all. So now show me your palm and absorb this.

She shot a small flame towards me. My body once again felt the fear but as the flame disappeared into my hand so did the fear with it.

Magicae: So you see, you can now absorb magic using your hand. Now onto the next one!

She suddenly swiped with her hand, like she was holding a ruler.

Magicae: Magic Release is the opposite of Magic Absorb. You can release the magic that you currently have. However due to your condition you don’t really have any innate magic so you have to absorb first before you can release magic.

As I looked towards my hand, Magicae explained something else.

Magicae: Before I continue with this there’s something else that I have to explain. Skills are generally divided into 10 levels. How long it will take to level up depends on the skill but the only way to level it up is by using them. Now you may be wondering why I am explaining this now.

I nodded my head to her.

Magicae: Now then, the other reason why I put your skill only on your hand is because of your condition. Any magic that you absorb will be brought to your MP which means that it would naturally disappear after you absorb it. The skill however maintains the magic for a specific amount of time on your hand. It lasts as long as the skill level. That means that you currently can only keep magic in your hand for 1 second and you can only absorb magic that is the same level as the skill or else your hands won’t be able to take it.

Then Magicae approached me and stared at me.

Magicae: There is also another problem. Your Magic Release literally takes two times longer than your Magic Absorb to improve.

Hikai: How does that work?

Magicae: That means that even though you can absorb the magic doesn’t mean that you can release it. If you try to do so your hand most probably would be injured so be careful okay? Whew! Finally done with that, I’m so tired from explaining so good bye!

Magicae then disappeared once again. Feyris who was only listening to us bolted from her seat and grabbed my hands.

Feyris: Amazing~! This is very interesting!

As she was examining my hand, Zack left the room while Ester and Lin were both sleeping. Zack came back a while later with some tea and snacks.

Feyris: I’ve decided!

She suddenly exclaimed after a while.

Feyris: I will now train you in magic!

And that is how I got a teacher in Magic.

Ranga: What are those two doing?

As Feyris was teaching me magic, Ranga arrived in the room.

Zack: It seems that the God of Magic gave Hikai a present.

Ranga: Present?

Zack then explained what happened earlier.

Ranga: That is interesting but why aren’t you there with them?

Zack: She is just teaching him the basics after all. Besides, our magic is very different so I don’t think we’ll be training that much together.

Ranga: I see. Then I guess I should also do something.

As Zack wondered about what Ranga was talking about, he walked towards Hikai and Feyris.

Ranga: Hikai, after that I’ll teach you how to fight.

Feyris: Oh? Well, we’ll continue this tomorrow. Go and entertain that dog for me.

Ranga: Who are you calling a dog, ah?

Feyris and Ranga faced off again.

Hikai: I already know how to fight though.

Ranga: Is that so? Then that just makes it better. Follow me and you, wake up already!

Before Ranga walked out of the door, he woke up Ester and dragged her.

Ester: Noooo. I still have to eat the chicken!

Ranga: Stop dreaming and wake up already!

Hikai followed after the two. Feyris’ house had a backyard and that was where the three of went.

Ranga: Well then, since you’re so confident why don’t we have a test? Ester, why don’t you have a match with him?

Ester: Yes, master! Let’s have fun okay!?

As Ester excitedly stood I also faced her in a similar fashion.

Ranga: Begin!

Ester and I started and needless to say I lost to Ester.

Hikai: Hah~. I’m so tired. Why am I so tired?

Ester: I win! Yeah!

Ester didn’t even have a hard time defeating me.

Ranga: I see so that’s how it is.

As Ranga observed the battle he gave me his advice.

Ranga: The problem here is with your stamina. I don’t know why but you get tired very fast so you can’t handle long battles.

Hikai: My stamina.

Ranga: Maybe it’s because of something, maybe the God of Magic can tell us.

That was when Magicae appeared again.

Magicae: Hmm? It’s because his body was forcefully put back together I guess? Even though I fixed it does not mean that you’ll be 100% better you know? So you’re like a guy with the knowledge but your body can’t keep up.

After that she disappeared once again.

Ranga: So that’s how it is. Then after your magic lesson tomorrow why don’t you have physical training with me. Oi Ester, we have to go now!

As he finished his sentence Ranga and Ester left. I rested for awhile..

Hikai: I’m going to give back the pole that I borrowed.

I told Zack, Feyris and the just woke up Lin about my plans. I left the house and walked to the castle by myself. As I arrived at the castle, the same soldier that lent me the pole was there.

Hikai: I’m sorry but the pole broke.

Soldier: Hmm? What the heck were you doing with this thing?

Hikai: Can I borrow another one?

Soldier:Another one? Hmm? Well I guess its fine. Why don’t you follow me this time? I’ll let you choose.

And so I followed the soldier and we arrived on the training grounds as he called it.

Soldier: You know, I’m still haven’t forgotten that day that you beat me. So we are going to have a match now. I won’t take no for an answer.

And now I have to have a match with the soldier once again.

~Chapter 7 End~

15. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8 - Learning
    As the soldier declared so he waited for me to pick a weapon. Of course I took another pole from the ones presented.

Soldier: Another pole? Why don’t you use that spear instead?

Hikai: This pole is good enough. I’ll get myself my own weapon some day.

Soldier: Well your call. Come on let’s do this.

The soldier and I stood face to face.

Soldier: Well then let’s start!

The soldier then rushed towards me as I held the pole. He had a short sword held with one hand and his other hand was free. As I stood there he came near me and suddenly elbowed my stomach.

Hikai: What!?

As I regained my footing I looked over to him.

Soldier: That was just a greeting. Prepare yourself. I won’t hold back anymore.

The soldier once again rushed towards me. This time he swung his sword vertically, I evaded by going to his right. Then I attempted to do a overhead strike but then he used the momentum from his slash to do a backhand.

Hikai: What!?

I then tried to block with the middle of the pole and I stepped back again.

Soldier: Nice. I should have had a shield but it’s being repaired right now.

Hikai: What kind of a shield user are you? It’s like you’re attacking me more with the shield than your sword.

Soldier: That is the point. People don’t think highly about it so that’s why I’m stuck on guard duty the whole time.

Hikai: Then this time I’m attacking.

I stepped once and did a overhead strike.

Soldier: Haahh!

As I swung down the pole, he suddenly hit the middle with his short sword and used both of his hands to push. He was able to push upward and then he stepped towards me and punched my solar plexus, then I fell to the ground.

Soldier: Oh? You’re still awake.

Hikai: I’ve passed out too many times. I’m used to it by now. My stats are really low after all.

Soldier: Is that so? Hahahaha!

As I stayed sat on the ground, the soldier held his hand out to me.

Soldier: The names Oscar. I finally had my revenge.

I took his hand and stood up.

Hikai: Well then, the name is Hikai. Glad to be meeting you.

When I stood up, we shook hands.

Hikai: But don’t think that this is the end. I’m going to have my revenge one day too.

Oscar: Oh! Come at me!

As Oscar and I walked towards the gate, someone was waiting for us in the hallway. When we saw the person, Oscar saluted and stood

Jeanne: I have something to speak to you about.

It was Princess Jeanne. Oscar left us and Princess Jeanne and I went to the same room where I met her. Needless to say there were only the two of us.

Jeanne: It seems that you are close with Feyris and Ranga.

As both of us sat down, she said that.

Hikai: Yes, a lot happened but both of them are going to teach me.

Jeanne: Lessons!? Uhm, excuse me. Because of that I have a favor to ask you.

Hikai: Me?

Jeanne: Yes. As you may not know, both of them are very influential in this country. You can even say that both of them are legends here. If they wanted to, they could influence this countries decision. Instead both of them chose to live here and train their disciples.

Hikai: I didn’t know that, amazing.

Jeanne: Of course you didn’t. Now, my request is related to them. The day after tomorrow I am scheduled to conduct an investigation in the town of Umbra. I would need guards to accompany me in the journey. I would like for you to request for their disciples to be my guards for the journey.

Hikai: Don’t you have soldiers for this?

Jeanne: Yes but as you may know the heroes were sent on an expedition. The soldiers that were supposed to accompany me were also sent with them. We have just been informed that their expected time of arrival is going to be in two days. The same day that I am also scheduled to go.

Hikai: Then couldn’t you just adjust your schedule then?

Jeanne: Father also said that but there have been rumors about the city that we are going and you may have some interest about it.

Hikai: Me?

Jeanne: Yes, the city is rumored to be exporting slaves after all.

Hikai: Slaves huh.

Jeanne: So will you please ask them if they are willing to join me?

Jeanne: Then please come back tomorrow with their answer and if possible bring them as well.

She then stood up walked to the door, I also followed after her.

Jeanne: I hope for a favorable answer.

She walked away afterwards. Then I walked back to the house. Oscar was not at the gate anymore so I guess he’s off duty now? As I got back, I saw Feyris passed out on the coach hugging a bottle of liquor.

Zack: Seriously, why do you have to drink every single day? Oh? You’re back. Did you get the pole?

Hikai: Yeah I got it.

Zack: Good, now go and call Lin. Let’s go eat dinner.

Lin was sleeping in my room. I woke her up and all of us ate together.

Hikai: I’ve been wondering about this but doesn’t Lin have her own room?

Lin tilted her head from being mentioned and Zack answered.

Zack: We tried but she kept refusing.

Hikai: Why?

Zack: Why don’t you ask her?

Hikai: Lin, would you like to have your own room?

Then Lin looked up to me and said.

Lin: I can’t stay with you?

As I thought for a bit, I then put my hand on her head.

Hikai: I guess its fine.

Lin then nodded her head and ate while Zack raised both of his hands and shook his shoulders. I went to sleep a few hours later.

Feyris: WAKE UP!

As the sun rose I was violently woken up by Feyris. I fell off the bed after being kicked.

Hikai: What!? What is going on!?

Lin: Noisy…..

Feyris: It’s time for training.

Feyris dragged me to the living room. Zack was already there waiting and we started the session.

Feyris: Now I want you to remember this. Offensive magic is only usable once you reach level 3. Most people have a average of level 3-4 magic. That means that your skills are currently useless in a fight.

Hikai: So you mean that I have to at least have Level 3 in Magic Absorb.

Feyris: Yep. What makes your condition special though is that you can actually absorb status ailments as well.

Hikai: Status ailments?

Feyris: Things like Paralysis, Poison, Sleep and others that are caused by specific types of magic. Unlike the element magic, Ailment magic actually has a different style to the point that if you absorb it you will be affected by the magic as well. But because your magic pool is negative, that means that even if you do absorb them the one that will be affected would be the source of your negative which is Magicae. I don’t think that she will be affected by such things though.

That was when Magicae appeared.

Magicae: That’s right~! Ah but if you try to absorb Ailment magic higher than your level then you are still going to be affected and you would fail to absorb it as well so be careful okay~.

Feyris: So my lesson to you would be for you to absorb magic and then try to feel it and move it within you. The main problem with this is that your Absorb and Release will definitely be different in level which means that leveling both of them will be a challenge.

Magicae: Don’t worry about that~. His Magic Absorb and Magic Release are connected so even if he only uses one, both of them will rise in level. The only one who has a different leveling is the Magic Manipulation skill. It is given around half when you use the other two so the main way to use it is to manipulate the magic that you absorb which will be hard since you only 1 second to do so.

Feyris: Well then now that that’s done, let’s start the lesson.

Magicae: Hikai, did you already forget about the request?

Hikai: Oh that’s right. I need to talk to you about something first Feyris.

Magicae then disappeared while saying Idiot~. I explained the queen’s request to Feyris and Zack.

Feyris: That’s the request Zack. What do you want to do?

Zack: Slave trading huh.

He looked at me for a moment.

Zack: I will only go with one condition, that you and Lin are also joining us.

Hikai: I understand about me but why Lin?

Zack: She was captured by those slave traders right? There might be people who she knows over there.

Hikai: I’ll go ask her later but if she doesn’t want to go it’s fine right?

Zack: Yeah. It’s not like she’s going to reject your request though.

I could only hear his approval but the next words were too quiet for me to understand. We continued with the lesson after that. Before Ranga and Ester arrived I asked Lin about it.

Lin: I will go.

Hikai: But-

Lin: I will go.

She didn’t even let me finish my sentence. Ranga and Ester arrived after that and I also explained it to them.

Ester: Adventure!

Ranga: There you go.

Before I could even finish the whole thing it seems as though Ester had already decided. The lesson with Ranga started after that.

Ranga: Now, I will be training you in the fundamentals. It basically means that you will train to improve your body. As you are now, your stamina is pretty weak and you can’t react fast enough. So with this training we will be making your body trained and your reaction speed faster.

We proceeded with the training. Afterwards Zack, Ester, Lin and I all went to the castle. I greeted Oscar by the gate and we were led to the same room.

Jeanne: Welcome. Seeing as both of you are here, am I safe to assume that you will be accepting my request?

Zack: On one condition.

As the Princess tilted her head, Lin then peeked out from behind me and the princess saw her as well.

Zack: I would like for Hikai and Lin to join us.

Jeanne: Lin?

Zack: Yes. As you may have heard, she is the one who was being chased by the slave traders on that day. We have asked her about it.

Lin: I will go too.

Lin peeked out and said that then she hid once again behind me.

Jeanne: I can understand Lin but why will you bring Hikai as well? I do not think that he is strong enough to help in a fight.

Zack: That may be true but he won’t lose. He may not win but he will not lose.

As Princess Jeanne tilted her head, Zack continued.

Zack: You see, this guy really hates losing. He probably won’t give up no matter what. No matter what you do he will probably force himself to do something anyway so it’ll be better just to bring him along.

Hikai: I’m not sure if you’re praising me or not.

Zack: It’s not praise you idiot.

Princess Jeanne seems to still not understand but she agreed to anyway.

Jeanne: If you really want to then that is fine. Thank you for agreeing to my request. We will go tomorrow so please meet me at the gate at noon.

We separated from the Princess and I met up with Oscar. Both of us had another mock battle. Needless to say, I still lost.

Oscar: Yeah! I win again.

Hikai: Damn.

Zack and Ester were shocked but they didn’t really have any reaction to my fight with Oscar. As we got home, we explained the request to both Feyris and Ranga. We had dinner and slept early.

Hikai: Lin, are you ready?

Since I had no experience travelling, Zack told me to leave the preparations to him. The only thing I really brought was the Pole that I got from the castle.

Lin: All ready.

Lin gave raised her thumb up. Both of us went out of the house and saw Zack and Ester outside with bags.

Zack: Oh? You’re done? Here, carry this. Let’s go then.

Zack handed me one of the backpacks and I wore it as we went to the front gate.

Zack: What the-

Ester: Eh?

As we arrived at the gate, the scene shocked all of us. First, there was no carriage but only four horses. Second, the princess was wearing armor and a sword. She also had her hair tied up in a ponytail.

Hikai: What? Why?

Does this mean that only the five of us would go!?

~Chapter 8 End~

16. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9 - Outside the City
    As we finally snapped out of it, we ran towards the Princess.

Jeanne: Over here~!

She waves at us like we didn’t notice her in the first place. The first one to talk to her was Zack.

Zack: Princess, where are the others?

Jeanne: Others? What do you mean others?

Zack: Are you seriously going to go to outside with only us? You’re the princess right? Shouldn’t there be more people?

Jeanne: Yes but this is also a part of my strategy. Now let us talk on the way, people may be listening in on us after all.

Princess Jeanne then rode one of the horses. Then someone suddenly ran towards us.

Oscar: Hikai, wait up!

Oscar ran towards us with another pole in hand.

Oscar: Take this with you just in case you break that one.

Hikai: Thanks.

As I took the pole, Oscar ran back to the castle once again.

Jeanne: A pole? Is that your weapon?

Jeanne: It seems as though you’ve made friends in the castle. What was that soldier’s name?

Hikai: Oscar.

Jeanne: Oscar? Hmm? Why does that name sound familiar? Oh well, I can’t remember so I’ll just leave it be for now.

As the Princess was thinking, I suddenly remembered and said to them.

Hikai: I don’t know how to ride a horse.

Lin: Me too.

Zack: Then you can just ride with me and Lin will ride with Ester.

Both of us did as Zack suggested and left the city. After a while the Princess then spoke.

Jeanne: The city we will be going to is named Umbra.

Zack: Umbra? If I remember correctly, it will take 1 day by horseback.

Jeanne: Yes. I plan to reveal the Slave traders as we get there. We will be camping by the end of today before we reach the city. That will be where I will explain the plan that I have.

Before we could react, a carriage was heading towards us. As it approached us, it stopped and the people inside and the soldiers surrounding it kneeled. it was Beatrix and everyone.

Knight: Princess?! What are you doing here? I understand that the expedition is supposed to be today but what is with these numbers?

Jeanne: I have decided to go today with these people. Father has already accepted my request.

Knight: But you should have more people. The place you are going today will be dangerous. Just a few of you won’t be able to handle it and you also have a child. Please consider going back.

Jeanne: Hmph, don’t you know that the two other people with me are the disciples of Feyris and Ranga.

Zack and Ester bowed to the knight.

Knight: Still, there is only so much that the five of you can do. Besides the three of you, what can those two do?

As Zack and Ester were about to say something, Lin and I stopped both of them from speaking.

Jeanne: I also do not understand but the disciples themselves are the ones who suggested that both of them will join us and I have accepted that.

Zack and Ester nodded once again.

Knight: Then why don’t you have some of the soldiers here accompany you?

Jeanne: It has been three days since you have left. I do not think that any of you have enough strength to venture again.

The one who spoke this time was Beatrix.

Beatrix: Your highness, we definitely have the energy to go with you on your journey. Please let us accompany you.

Princess Jeanne then hid her face from them but from my angle I could see the sadness in her face.

Jeanne: I am sorry but Father would like you to go back.

Beatrix: What? Then-

Jeanne: Besides, I don’t know about Hikai but I’ve got the disciples of the two S-rank adventurers in the country.

As Beatrix was about to say something, I decided to interfere.

Hikai: Can you please just let the Princess go? I know it may not be much but I promise to protect her with everything I have.

Everyone was shocked by my declaration, even the Princess herself. The first one to react to all of it was Kei. She stood up with a fed-up expression and she then took Beatrix’s hand and dragged her towards the city.

Beatrix: Wait, Kei.

Kei: Just let them go. It looks like the Princess is the type to not give up after all. If anything happens just blame the guy who declared to protect her or something.

Kei kept on dragging Beatrix while Takeshi and Ryuji ran towards them. As they passed by each other, the princess said something to Kei.

Jeanne: Thank you very much.

Kei: Hmph, don’t thank me. It’s all because of the stupid person in your group after all, making another stupid promise.

As the four of them walked towards the city, the knights were still frozen.

Jeanne: What are you doing!? Escort the four heroes back to the city!

As Princess Jeanne shouted, the knights ran towards the four heroes. The knight who tried to stop the princess was glaring at someone. He was glaring at me. After they all left, the Princess then declared.

Jeanne: Well then, let us go.

The five of us once again continued on our journey.

Jeanne: Let us camp here for tonight.

We are a few meters away from the city. We could see its outline from where we are currently camped.

Hikai: We didn’t really fight anything on the way here.

Zack: It’s because the heroes and knights most probably defeated everything on the way back.

Ester: I wanted to fight!

As we fixed the fire and finished eating, that was when Princess Jeanne started.

Jeanne: Well then, let us commence.

All of us then listen to what she was going to say.

Jeanne: We will be split up into two groups. We will enter separately.

Zack: What!? You’re planning to separate the already small group of five into two? That would be dangerous.

Jeanne: I know but this is the only way for us right now.

Zack: Even so, why are you going this far to stop the Slave Traders?

After Zack asked, Princess Jeanne had a sad expression on her face and then she was about to say something but I stopped her.

Hikai: It’s fine. There is something that everyone wants to hide.

Jeanne: But I shoul-

Hikai: Just tell us your plan already. I’ll go along with it okay Zack?

Zack: Fine.

As Princess Jeanne sat there shocked, she then had a faint smile and did a small nod towards me. She then started again.

Jeanne: One group would consist of Hikai, Lin and I while the other group would consist of Zack and Ester. We will also separate when we enter. Our group would enter in the morning while your group would enter at noon.

Zack: Why?

Jeanne: It’s so that the city would not know that we are related.

Hikai: It’s also a way to make them let their guard down.

Jeanne: That is correct. By showing that the Princess has only that many guards would lead to them to look down on us. Add to the fact that they were chasing after Lin means that they will also try to kidnap her.

As I stood up and tried to yell, Lin pulled on my sleeve and shook her head which stopped me from reacting.

Jeanne: Then the two of you would try to find where their base is. You don’t have to force yourself since they would lead us there anyway but you cannot be too sure about anything.

Zack and Ester nodded to her.

Jeanne: I’m sure that they would try to let me stay inside the Mayor’s house but I would insist to stay in one of the Inns. We would then stay in the same Inn and if we’re lucky we’ll get rooms beside each other. All we have to do after that is to wait until they try to kidnap both of us.

Zack: How would we do that? I’m sure that there would be a lot of inns in the city.

Jeanne: We would need a way for us to signal each other. We also can’t speak to each other as well.

Zack: Then how about we use that pole?

Zack than pointed at the extra pole that Oscar gave us.

Zack: We’ll place it somewhere by the entrance.

Jeanne: Alright, let’s prepare for tomorrow and go to sleep.

Zack, Ester and I took turns watching through the night. Morning came and we set out towards the city. As Princess Jeanne said, we separated and entered the city with only the three of us. We were led to the Mayor’s house. Nothing eventful happened and after a while the meeting was over. I also noticed his stare at Lin and Princess Jeanne as well, as well as his face when we didn’t accept the offer to stay in the house.

Hikai: What do we do now? It’s too early for Zack and Ester to go inside.

Jeanne: Hmm. Let’s just choose an Inn and maybe we’ll stay outside?

Hikai: I guess that’s the only way huh.

We then looked for a Inn and we stayed outside of it and we saw Zack and Ester go inside as well. Luckily, we did get two rooms beside each other and ours was at the end of the hall which was perfect for what would happen.

Jeanne: Let us also look in the city.

The three of us then walked through the city. Lin had opened up to the Princess so it was mostly the two of them who talked while I acted like a guard.

Hikai: There are people following us.

Jeanne: Yes I know. Don’t do anything.

We spent the whole day just walking around the city. We returned to the Inn at night, had dinner and went to sleep. Pretended to sleep I mean. A few hours later, a group of people went inside the room.

Hikai: Now!

I shouted as a signal but there was something different.

Man: Were you expecting your friends to come in? Sorry we got to them first.

Yes, Zack and Ester did not come into the room.

Man: So it was you huh, boy.

The ones who attacked us were the three men.

Hikai: I thought you got arrested?

Man: What? Ah we were able to escape and come here. Now how do you want to do this boy?

The man then released a bit of Fire magic, it startled me and the images com back once again. Seeing my condition, Princess Jeanne then said.

Jeanne: We will go with you so please don’t do anything to him.

Lin who was clinging to Princess Jeanne also nodded.

Man: That’s good. But first, hey you deal with the boy.

Jeanne: What are you-

Hikai: It’s fine. Let them do it. I hope you stay safe.

Jeanne and Lin both watched as they casted sleep magic on me.

Hikai: Sleep magic?

Man: Of course. We wouldn’t want anyone investigating this place after all.

Even though sleep only made me dizzy, I still pretended to fall asleep. After a while, the men then left the room. That was when Magicae decided to appear.

Magicae: You didn’t pass out this time huh. You’ve improved~.

I then put my right hand on my head and absorbed the sleep magic.

Hikai: Shut up, come on I’m pretty sure those two are asleep as well.

As we went to the other room, I also absorbed the sleep magic used on them.

Magicae: Oh? Lucky you, your Manipulation and Absorb are now level 2.

As Magicae said that, the two of them woke up. Now we sat and discussed our plan from here.

Ester: Those cowards! They just used sleep magic on the whole room!

Hikai: Why didn’t they do that to us?

Zack: They were talking about his magic running out so he must’ve used more that he should’ve that’s why they attacked you personally.

Hikai: I see. Now the problem is how we are supposed to find them.

Zack: We didn’t find their base after all.

Magicae: Oh? Then just think about the little girl Hikai.

Magicae: Didn’t I tell you? You have a contract with that girl so you are definitely connected. All you need to do is to look for her.

I did as Magicae said and thought about Lin. I was able to feel where her general direction is.

Hikai: I can tell where they are.

Ester: Alright! Time for payback!

Zack: Well then. Let us go and attack their base then.

Magicae: It’s time to rape them!

Hikai: It’s not rape! It’s raid!

Magicae: Eh? But isn’t rape forcing your way inside?

Hikai: That is true but rape is for people while raid is for places!

Magicae: Oh is that so? Hahahaha!

This girl is just messing with me. Let’s just ignore her, it’s time for us to go and save Lin and Princess Jeanne. I just hope I don’t hold us back.

~Chapter 9 End~

17. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10 - Raid TIme
    Zack: Wait, how did you absorb the sleep magic Hikai? Sleep magic is level 2.

I then looked at Magicae and so did Zack and Ester.

Magicae: Oh? He reached level 2 when he tried to absorb the sleep magic that was casted on him, lucky you huh~.

Hikai: Why did you only say it after I got to Zack and Ester!?

Magicae: Time Delay!

Hikai: Argh! I really should just ignore you most of the time.

As Magicae was still laughing, we then discussed our plan.

Hikai: What should we do?

Ester: It’s easy.

Zack: You don’t even need to think about it.

Ester & Zack: We go from the front!

As both of them declared as such, I was stunned.

Hikai: What are you talking about!? We don’t even know how many they are and you’re planning to attack from the front!?

Zack: Don’t underestimate us.

Ester: Don’t you know who we are?

Zack & Ester: We’re the disciples of Feyris and Ranga!

I put my hand on my face.

Hikai: Fine. We attack from the front. So how do we do this?

Zack: That’s easy. We follow you.

Zack: You’re the only one who can tell where they are right? Since it hasn’t been long since they’ve been taken they are most probably together as well. That means that you’re our best bet in getting to them.

Hikai: So you’re making the weakest guy be on the front huh.

Ester: Don’t worry about that. They won’t get past us.

Zack: So all you have to do is to save them, simple right.

Magicae: Idiots~! Both of them are idiots~! Hahahahaha!

Hikai: Will this really be okay?

Ester: Besides they’ve taken cute little Lin away from me!

Zack: They’ve embarrassed me.

Ester & Zack: So we’ll kill them all!

Magicae was still laughing, Zack and Ester were fired up and here I am just wondering what kind of people am I with right now.

Hikai: Oh well, whatever. For now let’s prepare our stuff.

We prepared our weapons. I brought the two poles with me. I put one on my back while I held the other one and went outside. Then Zack went outside and threw some clothes to me.

Zack: Here some armor.

Hikai: Why are you only giving me this now?

Zack: I forgot because of everything that happened after all.

Hikai: Hmm? This is just clothes right?

Zack: I figured you were a speed type so I went for some light armor.

He entered again afterwards. As I wore the armor, Magicae spoke.

Magicae: I forgot to tell you this but remember when I told you that you shouldn’t try to absorb or release magic higher than your level?

I nodded.

Magicae: That’s because when you do that, the damage itself will pass through your HP and straight to your body.

Hikai: What? Then-

Magicae: If you try to absorb that guy’s fireball your hand will most likely suffer severe burns so be careful okay and the blast will also hit your HP.

As I contemplated on what she said, she then put her fist on her hand.

Magicae: Oh I know! Here free service from me!

Magicae then pointed at me and at the upper left of my vision a bar appeared.

Magicae: That bar presents your HP. I didn’t put MP since you don’t have any after all. I know that you can move your body somewhat when your HP goes to zero so that’s there to make sure that you know when that happens.

Hikai: Then can I also see Zack and Ester’s HP and MP?

Magicae: Stop asking for so many things. I told you this one is free right? Besides you don’t need to worry about those two. Their stats right now are almost the same as the heroes when they were summoned you know?

Hikai: That high huh.

Magicae: Yep. You don’t have to worry about them. At least not with those guys, their stats are very low compared to them after all. Except for the guy that took you though, he’s pretty strong. Seriously, why are you guys making the weakest among you fight their strongest?

Hikai: I can’t help it that I’m weak alright. I’m doing my best here.

As I said that, Magicae then approached near me and held my face with both of her hands and her face was very close.

Magicae: That’s right, always do your best and never give up. Even though I don’t look like it I’m always going to be on your side okay? I believe in you.

I was shocked by Magicae’s surprising seriousness that was when Zack and Ester exited the house. Magicae separated from me.

Zack: We’re done.

Ester: Let’s go!

All of us had the same type of armor. Zack had his staff while Ester equipped her knuckles. Magicae was acting like normal as well.

Hikai: Let’s go and save them.

Magicae: It’s….. time…. to…… rape them!

Hikai: I told you it’s not rape!

We followed where I felt Lin was and arrived at a mansion. It was a two-story mansion with a huge courtyard. The courtyard had a lot of guys with armor on them.

Hikai: We’re here.

Zack: Look at all of those guys.

Hikai: Are we still going to do frontal assault?

Ester: Of course! I’m very mad right now so no holding back.

Hikai: Right, oh why are you still here?

Magicae was still with us.

Magicae: I’m going to help you for a bit.

Hikai: Help?

Magicae: Well you’ll see. Come on, let’s do this~!

As Magicae said that, all of us stood in front of the courtyard.

Ester: Come out you idiots! We’re here to kick your ass!

Ester then shouted as loud as she can, she attracted around 20 guys as she said that. That was when the fight started.

Zack: Charge!

As Zack shouted that we ran towards the mansion, that was when Magicae suddenly shouted.

Magicae: Whoever fights us will get this pole stuck in their butt!

She then pointed at the pole that was on my back and some of the guys were shocked and looked worried so the laughing Ester and Zack used that chance to charge through them. We were able to go inside the house and onto the lobby. There were two sets of stairs going to the second floor.

Hikai: They’re upstairs!

Zack: I see. This is perfect. You guys go on ahead.

As I was about to say something, Zack beat me to it.

Zack: Shut up and go. Don’t you have a promise to keep? This place is perfect for my magic after all.

We nodded towards him and ran upstairs and then we heard Zack’s voice.

Zack: Now, try to get past me you morons!

We ran through the hallway while Magicae was still yelling her line. Then we reached a large double door. As we approached the door, Ester then turned around and faced off with the guys chasing after us.

Ester: Well then, it’s my time to stay. I’ll leave Little Lin to you alright?

I nodded to her and entered the double door and then I heard her voice as the door closed.

Ester: Now then, none of you will pass through me!

As I entered the room I saw that it was empty. As I looked around I saw a large door shaped hole in the wall as I was going to enter, Magicae stopped me.

Magicae: I guess it’s time for me to disappear once again. I don’t want to ruin the moment after all.

As Magicae did a small laugh she continued.

Magicae: Here’s a bit of advice from me. Since I know you’ll do it anyway, your hands right now could probably only handle one set of Absorb and Release so that means you’ve got two chances. Make it count alright?

Hikai: Yeah, thanks a lot.

Magicae: One last thing, can you point your fist at me?

As I did as she said, I raised my left hand and she hit my fist with her own fist.

Magicae: Go and get them!

She disappeared after that.

Hikai: You’re not supposed to use your full strength for that!

As I felt the slight numbing sensation on my hand, I looked at it and smiled. I ran through the passage. Wait if he’s waiting for me doesn’t that mean that he has a trap? It most probably is that he’s holding them hostage. If that’s the case then I should do this. I ran while gripping a pole with my right hand.

Man: Don’t mo-

As I exited the passage I saw him holding both of them with his hands. I then threw the pole that I was holding to him.

Man: What?!

It hit his left shoulder and Lin was able to free herself as he winced.

Hikai: Help the princess Lin!

Lin nodded and used her magic and the man noticed and jumped leaving the princess behind. I was able to approach Princess Jeanne and Lin and I was also able to grab the pole that I just threw.

Hikai: Are both of you okay?

Lin: Yes. No more magic left.

Jeanne: Yes, whew.

Hikai: Leave this to me.

I faced against the Man one on one. I rushed towards him and did a overhead strike, he then sidestepped and slashed towards me. I blocked it with the pole and he used his strength to push me away.

Hikai: Oh no!

I then rushed towards him once again. I could not allow him to be at a distance since he may use his magic so I kept as close to him as possible. We had a exchange of blows. After a while he did a horizontal slash and I blocked with the pole. The pole broke in half and I jumped back but then I was too late.

Man: Fireball!

He was able to use his fireball. Behind me was Lin and Princess Jeanne so I could not move and once again the visions of fire enveloped me. As I saw the flashes I gripped the only half the pole that I was holding with my right hand.

Magicae: Go and get them!

As I was drowning in the fire I heard a voice. I felt a numbing sensation on my left hand. I remembered and resolved myself. I could not be scared anymore. I cannot allow myself to lose here so I raised my left arm and faced the fireball.

Hikai: Absorb!

As I could feel the burn of the fire, I was able to absorb half of it and I saw my HP become 75% but then another fireball was approaching me.

Man: Hahahaha! You’re done boy!

The man unleashed two fireballs in succession and so I had only one choice. I raised my burnt left arm and decided.

Hikai: Release!

Then there was a explosion.

Man: It’s finally over.

As I heard the man, I smiled even though I only had 50% of my HP left.

Hikai: Oh? That’s a flag.

The man was surprised by my voice while I could no longer move my left hand anymore.

Man: How did you survive that!?

As he asked, I rushed towards him. He then ran backwards and raised his hand. I then threw the remaining half of the pole towards him and grabbed the pole behind me with my right hand. I then stuck the pole on the ground and used the momentum to jump upwards and I let go as I floated in the air.

The man was late to react to my action. He unleashed the fireball. It passed me through the air and as I was about to fall but the fire ball hit the half of the pole that I threw. I was hit from behind but I used the momentum to approach the man. I only had 25% of my HP left.

The man panicked and used his fireball even though I was already near him. I stepped to the right, jumped and used my right hand against his fireball.

Hikai: Absorb!

I absorb half of the fireball while the remaining half exploded. It exploded on my right as I turned in the air so the momentum spun me. Even though I had 0 HP I used the spin to grab the man’s head with my right hand.

Hikai: Release!

I then used the fireball that I absorb on his head and I was thrown by the explosion and rolled towards Lin and Princess Jeanne. That was when Magicae decided to appear.

Magicae: Good job!

She raised her thumb as she said that.

Hikai: Thanks. I can’t do the same though.

I could not feel my hands anymore and as Magicae stared at me I said.

Hikai: I won’t pass out just from this anymore you know.

~Chapter 10 End~

18. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11 - Results and Rewards
    I was talking to Magicae and Lin and Princess Jeanne rushed towards me and sat beside me on opposite sides.

Lin: Heal! Heal! Heal! Heal!

Magicae: It won’t work. You should let those hands heal naturally.

As Lin still kept trying to heal, Princess Jeanne talked to me.

Jeanne: What are you doing?! Why are you risking your life like this!? Didn’t you say that you didn’t trust us? I don’t think anything has happened to make you go this far just for me.

Hikai: What are you talking about?

As I stared at Princess Jeanne, I made a smile and said.

Hikai: Didn’t I make a promise to do just that?

As Princess Jeanne widened her eyes and was speechless she said.

Jeanne: Going so far just for a promise. I don’t understand. If you die, you won’t be able to make anymore promises you know?

I laughed as she said that.

Hikai: I don’t need to make new promises. I just want to keep those that I make. Have you ever made a promise that means more to you than your own life?

As I asked her that, she had a sad expression and nodded.

Hikai: I see. You know, I have never had a promise like that. All of the promises that I made were not really that important.

Jeanne: Then why?

Hikai: It’s because I broke one, one that I made a long time ago. The person who I made the promise to was mad you know? She slapped me suddenly and then she isolated me from others. I couldn’t even make any friends because of that but I put up with it. I couldn’t help it. Even I couldn’t forgive myself until now. That’s why until that person herself decides to I will never talk to her.

As Princess Jeanne was staring at my hands in anguish I talked to her again.

Hikai: Hey, what happens when we get back?

She calmed down and answered.

Jeanne: We would probably be rewarded. All of you will also have a commendation from the king.

Hikai: I see. That would be bad.

Jeanne: Why would it be bad?

Hikai: How can I find out what kind of person he is if everyone knew that he favors me? How about this, just tell them that Zack and Ester are the ones who did everything.

Jeanne: What!? No! My pride as the Princess will not allow such a thing and you still do not trust father!?

Hikai: Yeah. I’ve only done one report after all. I still have a lot to do before I can put my trust into him.

Jeanne: Then why do you trust me? You went along with my request and even helped me to this extent.

Hikai: Who said anything about trusting you?

The princess was shocked.

Hikai: All of this was also to observe and study you as a person after all.

Jeanne: So that’s how it is. I understand now.

Hikai: Then will you tell them that I had nothing to do with this?

Jeanne: No.

As she answered that with a serious expression, I was shocked that she actually refused my request.

Hikai: I never thought I would do this like this but do you remember that time that Zack asked about your reason for doing this?

Princess Jeanne tilted her head and nodded to my question.

Hikai: Then how about you repay me back the favor of that time for this one.

Jeanne: What!? I may have been grateful for your actions at that time but it is unfair of you to ask that of me.

Hikai: Then let’s add the fact that I saved you from the slave traders just now.

Princess Jeanne had a mortified expression and she gave up.

Jeanne: Fine, since you are being very forceful about this I will accept those conditions.

Hikai: Then make a promise with me.

Jeanne: Promise?

Hikai: Yes, a promise that you will not tell anyone the fact that I saved you which would result in me being given an award that would be known to the masses.

Jeanne: Why is the promise worded like that?

Hikai: I don’t want to stop you from telling the people that you actually want to tell it to. Your problem would be stopping those people from giving me a award. Just remember, I won’t accept any of it.

Jeanne: Why are you suddenly proposing a promise to me anyway?

Hikai: I only make promises to people that I trust. At the very least, I trust you somehow now.

As Princess Jeanne was shocked, she then showed a faint smile and laid down beside me looking up the stairs.

Jeanne: Then I promise to you that I will do my best to keep that promise.

Hikai: That’s two promises you know?

At that moment all of us heard a sound.

Man: It’s…..not……over

The man whose face was burnt suddenly stood up. His head dripping with blood as he slowly walked towards us.

Hikai: Damn. What do we do now?

Lin was still trying to heal me while Princess Jeanne was petrified by fear by the man’s appearance. Magicae had disappeared again while I still couldn’t move at all.

Man: AHhhhhahhhhHHHHHH!

He finally was near us. He pointed his hand towards me as I lay down on the ground.

Man: Fire-

But before he could finish his sentence, someone suddenly attacked him and they both were out of my sight. Then two others made their appearance. It was Zack and Ester, they rushed towards us. Ester then hugged Lin tightly.

Lin: I still have to heal him! No! Heal!

Ester: its okay little Lin. It’s okay. It’s okay alright?

As Ester comforted Lin she finally fell asleep.

Zack: Wow, look at what happened to your hand.

Hikai: Hahahaha. I can’t move them at all.

As Zack and I talked, the person who attacked the man came running towards me.

Beatrix: Hikai, what happened to your hands!?

Hikai: Oh. Hello. I kept my promise.

Beatrix: Promise? You’re still into that? Think about yourself!

Hikai: I am thinking about myself. Don’t worry about that.

Beatrix: Who will believe you when you look like that!?

As Beatrix kept talking, everybody else finally arrived. All the people that we met yesterday were the ones who came back.

Knight: Princess, are you alright!?

As she finally calmed down from seeing the man’s state, she answered him.

Jeanne: Yes, I have been saved.

Knight: Thank you very much for protecting the Princess.

The Knight looked to Zack and Ester. Ester was still holding Lin and Zack tried to answer but the Princess answered first.

Jeanne: Yes, the ones who protected me were the disciples of Feyris and Ranga.

As Zack and Ester were surprised with her statement, they looked towards me. I stared at them seriously and shook my head. Both of them were shocked and they didn’t talk anymore. Beatrix couldn’t follow the conversation.

Knight: And what about him on the ground?

Hikai: I just got hit by a fireball. That’s all that happened.

Knight: Of course. I thought as much. Princess, let us go back.

Jeanne: Yes.

I was helped by Zack to walk while Ester was carrying Lin as all of us went towards the carriage. The people inside the carriage were Princess Jeanne, Zack, Ester, Lin and me due to my injuries. While we were inside the carriage Zack started to talk.

Zack: Princess, why did you only commend us for protecting you?

Jeanne: Ask him. He made me promise not to.

She then pointed towards me.

Hikai: I did it for a promise, that’s all.

Zack: Promise again? You know what? I’m not even going to ask anymore. At the very least from how I know you it won’t turn into anything bad.

We returned to the city. The knight wanted to let Zack and Ester go to the castle immediately for an audience with the King. Lin was awake and my HP had finally recovered to some extent so Lin and I went back to the house first. Beatrix tried to stop me while Princess Jeanne wanted to at least give us some escort but I forced my way so only Lin and I were going to the house.

Feyris: Oh? You’re back? What happened to your arm?!

Feyris who was drunk as we came in sobered up in an instant when she saw us. That was also when Magicae decided to appear.

Magicae: He tried to absorb a fireball. He did absorb half of it but he also used release so that’s what happened.

Feyris: Hoh. Let me see your hands.

I sat at the sofa and Feyris looked at my hands.

Feyris: I see. Your contract with Lin is healing your hands but only the outside huh. The insides are way too burnt to be healed yet. I don’t think you should absorb any magic for a few days. I don’t think your hands could take it.

She let go of my hands and sat back down.

Feyris: You can still train your body since your hands would probably heal by tomorrow but the part that deals with magic won’t work properly.

Magicae: Actually, I don’t think you can even if you try. You don’t have to worry about him trying to absorb magic since there’s no way he can do it.

Hikai: No way huh.

Magicae: Yep! Did you forget that it’s a “Magicae Special”?

Hikai: What do you mean?

Magicae: I’m the one who controls it you know? All I can roughly do is to activate and deactivate it though.

Hikai: So you can turn the power on and off.huh.

Magicae: Yep! When your hands can handle it, I’ll activate it again.

Hikai: Will you actually tell me though?

Magicae: Who knows? Hahahahaha! Bye!

Magicae disappeared again.

Hikai: She’s always messing with me.

Feyris: Was she like that when you met her?

Hikai: Huh? She’s always been like that when I met her.

Feyris: I see. What happened to those two?

Hikai: They’re at the castle.

Feyris: Why?

I explained to Feyris the details as Lin was sleeping on my lap. As I was telling the story, Feyris was drinking already.

Feyris: I see. It’s because of your promise huh. That’s why you did it.

She then sat beside me and put her arm around my shoulder.

Feyris: You know, I know someone like you. He would always think about others. He would always sacrifice himself for others.

Hikai: He doesn’t sound like me.

Feyris: Oh? How?

Hikai: I only think about myself after all. Everything I do is for myself and for myself only.

Feyris had a shocked expression, she finished another bottle.

Feyris: Hahahaha! Is that right!? Hahahahaha~!

After laughing, she then put her head on my shoulder and slept.

Hikai: I can’t move.

As I was trapped, the door opened then Zack and Ester entered.

Ester: We’re back!

Zack: Oh? Hah. She’s drunk again.

Hikai: Can you guys take care of these two? I can’t move and my arms still aren’t working.

Ester brought the sleeping Lin to my room while Zack carried Feyris into her own room. Both of them went back to the living room afterwards.

Hikai: What happened?

Zack: A ceremony and all that other things. Nothing really happened just a lot of people congratulating us and something.

Ester: There wasn’t even any food! I’m hungry!

Zack: Right, I guess I should make something. Here, a gift from the Princess.

Zack then put a pouch with coins on the table in front of me.

Zack: She also told me to tell you that she kept her promise and the money is not a reward, it’s a thank you.

Hikai: Fine, I’ll take it. My hands aren’t working though.

Ester: Oh! I’ll go put it in your room.

The three of us ate dinner. Ester helped me to eat but she played around so I couldn’t eat a lot. Zack left some food for Feyris and Lin if they get hungry, Ester went home and I slept.

Hikai: I have nothing to do.

The next day I woke up the usual time that I would train with Feyris. I still couldn’t move my hands properly and Feyris bandaged it up and put both of them on slings making them always crossed.

Hikai: I guess I’ll walk outside.

As I walked outside after awhile a boy bumped into me.

Boy: I found you.

As I wondered who the boy was, he took off his hood and I saw his face.

Boy: Can we talk somewhere?

The boy that I met was the Prince of the country.

~Chapter 11 End~

19. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 12 - Another one?
    I brought the Prince inside Feyris’ house. As we both sat down facing each other, he was the first one to speak.

Prince: Oh. I don’t think I’ve introduced myself yet, I am Prince Regulus Galatine Regnogreich.

Hikai: I see. My name is Raimei Hikai. What is the Prince of the country doing here?

Regulus: I heard from my sister the details about what happened and I just wanted to meet you I guess?

Hikai: You went all the way here just for that? What did the Princess tell you anyway?

Regulus: Hmm? All she really told me was that you blocked a fireball for her but that can’t be all right? I asked her again and again but that’s all she told me.

I wonder why she didn’t tell him. I’ll go try to ask some time.

Hikai: That’s all that happened.

Regulus: Hmm? Are you sure? Are you really sure that’s all that happened?

He walked near me and asked.

Hikai: Yeah, Zack and Ester did all the work all I did was be the human shield of the Princess.

Regulus: Come on, you can’t fool me like that. Why don’t you tell me the truth? I’ll make sure to give you a reward.

Hikai: I told you that’s the only thing that happened.

Regulus: Fine, fine. You don’t want to tell me.

As the Prince gave up was when Ranga and Ester came inside the house.

Ranga: Oh? We’ve got a unusual visitor here.

Regulus: I guess it’s time for me to go now.

The prince left the house as Ester came to the living room with Lin.

Ranga: What was the prince doing here?

Hikai: He just wanted to know about yesterday.

Ranga: Oh? Ester told me what happened but why did the prince come to ask you?

Hikai: It seems as though the Princess didn’t tell him about it.

Ranga: Now that’s weird. I wonder if they don’t get along?

Hikai: I’ll try to ask her if I could.

Ranga: Not really my problem so how about we get training?

All of us went outside.

Ranga: Since you can’t use your arms yet, why don’t you sit crossed leg?

I did as Ranga said and he also sat crossed leg in front of me.

Ranga: Now close your eyes and focus everything around you.

I closed my eyes and focused while listening to Ranga.

Ranga: I know that Feyris has thought you to control magic, this is the same thing but in this case you are trying to feel the world.

Hikai: The world?

Ranga: Yeah, feel everything the air, the atmosphere, people and everything else. When you can do it, no one would be able to sneak up on you. You would be prepared for anything.

I focused everything then I could feel a familiar energy. It was the same type of energy that I felt when I searched for Lin. That was also the time that Magicae appeared.

Magicae: Isn’t that interesting?

Hikai: What do you mean?

Magicae: You could feel the energy from Lin?

Hikai: Yeah.

Magicae: Your contract with Lin focuses on pure energy. It is mainly used for healing your wounds but you could also use the energy itself for boosting yourself.

Hikai: Boost?

Magicae: Yep! Although if you do that your healing would stop and that could be bad for you so you should plan everything.

Ranga: Isn’t that interesting? Let’s continue this then.

I once again closed my eyes and focused then I felt wind on my face.

Ranga: I just punched you and you couldn’t dodge it. This will be our training. I will keep attacking you and you will try to dodge while your eyes are closed.

I nodded to him and we trained once again. After a while I still couldn’t do it.

Ranga: It looks like this will take a while. Let’s stop here for now.

Hikai: Wait, one more time. I’m going to try something.

Ranga: Oh? I wonder what you’re planning.

We sat facing each other again. Let’s try using the energy. I used the energy to project my surroundings.

Ranga: Oh? That’s interesting. Let’s see if you can do it.

I could feel where he was attacking but my body reacted first.

Hikai: Kh!

My arms hurt once again.

Ranga: Let’s stop here for now. You should use that energy to heal your arms but good work. I could feel that you reacted to me.

Hikai: Whew. Thanks a lot.

Magicae: You learned that fast. I guess I’m done here. Bye!

Magicae disappeared once again. Lin then ran towards me.

Lin: You okay?

Hikai: Yeah just fine. I guess it’s time for me to go to the castle. Will you go along with me Lin?

Lin: Okay.

Ranga: Alright, now how about we get to our training Ester?

Ester: Let’s go master!

Lin and I went to the castle. I met Oscar at the front gate.

Oscar: Oh? Who’s this?

Hikai: Lin, I brought her here because one of the heroes wanted me to bring her.

Oscar: Hmm. Right, what happened to the poles?

Hikai: They got burned.

Oscar: What? Why does everything you use break?

Hikai: Who knows?

Oscar: Well come on, let’s go to the room.

As we were outside the room, Oscar talked to me once again.

Oscar: Do you have time after this?

Hikai: Yeah, I don’t have any plans after this.

Oscar: Then I have somewhere you may be interested to go.

Hikai: Sure, see you later.

I entered the room afterwards. All of them were in there. I sat on my usual seat while Lin sat on my lap. There were already a few baked goods in front of us and there was also a cup and saucer which had nothing in it. In a surprising gesture Kei handed me a teapot.

As I wondered what was happening Lin tried to pour some but the pot was empty. Yes, it was empty. I looked towards Kei and she had a smirk on her face. Princess Jeanne called for a new pot. I finally had some tea and then my stomach growled. Since I couldn’t move my hands Lin took one and tried to feed it to me.

Lin: Eat.

Hikai: You don’t need to do that Lin.

Everyone was shocked about what Lin was trying to do.

Hikai: Bu-

I finally gave up and ate, after a few pieces Lin nodded.

Lin: Good.

Hikai: Lin can you move now? I need to talk with everyone, why don’t you go to the princess?

Lin looked to the Princess and the Princess waved to her. She looked back and forth between the Princess and I and she left and went towards her. I finally addressed Beatrix since she’s the only one who talks to me here.

Hikai: I brought her now.

Beatrix: Yeah, looks like the two of you get along well.

Hikai: She also gets along with the princess now.

Beatrix: Yeah, they look happy talking to each other. Now would you tell me what happened?

Hikai: What? Princess didn’t tell you what happened?

Princess Jeanne was the one who answered.

Jeanne: Since you had a report to do, I decided to let you tell what happened to them.

I see so she’s letting me decide what I would say to them huh.

Hikai: I don’t know exactly why but she was in a hurry to go to the city. So she asked me to bring Zack and Ester the disciples of Feyris and Ranga to her so that they could go with her there. Then we met you and you still remember what happened so I don’t need to talk to you about that right?

Beatrix nodded her head.

Hikai: Then we got to the city, Lin and Princess Jeanne got caught so we had to go rescue them. We attacked them, I was the one who went to Princess Jeanne first since Zack and Ester were defeating everyone else.

I looked to the Princess and she nodded.

Hikai: All I did was taking all the damage and a fireball did this to my hands. Well it was actually 2 of them but still the same. Zack and Ester were the ones who defeated all of them.

Beatrix: Then what about that guy? The one who’s face was burnt?

Hikai: Zack probably did it since he’s the only one who can use Fire magic between us after all.

Beatrix: Are you sure? Are you sure you aren’t the one who did that?

Hikai: I can’t use magic you know? What happened to them anyway?

Beatrix: That guy died from his burns.

When I heard her say that I had no reaction. What? I killed someone yet I felt no guilt nor remorse. What? I shook my head to forget about it.

Beatrix: The others were caught and some of them were dead.

I could see the bitterness and sadness on her face. I should also be like that but I don’t feel any sadness.

Hikai: Did you guys find anything out yet?

Beatrix: Not yet. We’re still looking through everything that they had on clues and hints about it.

Hikai: I see. If I find about anything then I’ll tell you too.

Beatrix: Yeah.

Hikai: I guess we’re done here then.

As I tried to stand up, Princess Jeanne stopped me.

Jeanne: Excuse me can I please have a moment with Hikai?

Surprised by what Princess Jeanne said, Beatrix asked.

Beatrix: What? Are you sure Princess?

Jeanne: Yes I am sure. Please let us talk by ourselves.

Beatrix: I see. We shall meet you there then.

Jeanne: Yes, see you later.

Beatrix and the others left. Only Princess Jeanne, Lin and I were left. As Princess Jeanne and I talked, Lin was eating on the table.

Hikai: What is it?

Jeanne: There’s something I haven’t told the heroes but I actually heard them talking when they captured us.

Princess Jeanne then went closer and whispered to me.

Jeanne: They said that they had to report to the King.

As I heard her say that my eyes widened and Princess Jeanne’s face had a sad expression on it.

Jeanne: I don’t want to believe it but it seems as though the Slave Traders had a connection with my Father.

Hikai: Why are you telling me this? Shouldn’t you confront your father about this?

Jeanne: Since you have put your trust in me, I as well have decided to trust in you. Please find out the truth about this that is why I am telling you this. I don’t want to move while knowing nothing.

Hikai: Didn’t you ever think that I would just tell the others about this?

Jeanne: If you did then that would mean that I was mistaken in placing my trust in you.

I smiled to her reply and said.

Hikai: Then I promise to help you find out about this but don’t expect too much alright? I still have a lot to do and I don’t know when I’ll be able to help you with this.

Jeanne: That would be fine. I can wait.

Hikai: Well then, we have to go now Princess. Oscar has something to show me after all.

Jeanne: That’s right, I was actually pretty curious about Oscar so I asked around and they told me that I shouldn’t give him a shield.

Hikai: Don’t give Oscar a shield?

Jeanne: Yes, I tried asking but no one would answer me why I shouldn’t do it.

Hikai: That’s weird.

Jeanne: I can’t help but feel that I still can’t remember something but we’ll talk about it if I remember. Thank you for taking your time with me.

Hikai: Yes, come on Lin. Let’s go.

Lin ran up to me and faced Princess Jeanne.

Lin: Bye.

We left the room and met up with Oscar. He was wearing casual clothing.

Oscar: Alright, let’s go.

Hikai: Where are we going anyway?

Oscar: Since you break those poles so much I’ve decided to bring you where they’re made.

Oscar: We’re going to the Woodsmith of this town.

~Chapter 12 End~

20. Nashani

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 13 - Weapon
    Oscar led me to a huge building.

Oscar: The Woodsmith and the Blacksmith are beside each other but I don’t think you’ll be going to the Blacksmith that much.

Hikai: Why a Woodsmith? Isn’t it a carpenter instead?

Oscar: Since weapons with wood with them especially the ones like spears need a strong base. A lot of weapons before weren’t used since the wooden part was very weak. Then one day a man appeared and he introduced this to the country. He also trained various people and so the Woodsmith was born.

Hikai: I see. Oh, I forgot to bring money though.

Lin tugged on my sleeve and showed me the pouch from yesterday.

Lin: I brought it.

Hikai: Thanks, hold on to it for me okay?

Lin nodded and we entered the store.

Man: Welcome, what can I do for you? Oh, it’s you Oscar?

I looked around as we entered and there were a variety of stuff in here. From kitchen appliances, to fishing supplies and spears, axes and even some shields.

Oscar: This is the guy I was talking to you about, the one who kept using a Pole this whole time.

Man: It’s him huh. Why use a pole kid?

Hikai: I actually use the Naginata.

Man: Naginata?

Hikai: Yes, it is a curved blade on the tip of a pole.

Man: Can you draw it for me?

Since I couldn’t use my hands, I tried to describe it as much as possible. He was able to something near it.

Man: This weapon is interesting. Hey, would you want me to try to make this for you?

Hikai: Are you serious!?

Man: Yeah, although I want you to accept my request in the Guild. I don’t have any more wood so I requested it to the guild so it would be perfect if you could accept it.

Hikai: Alright.

As we exited the shop, Oscar talked.

Oscar: I guess I’m done here then.

Hikai: Thanks a lot for the help.

Oscar: Sure, see ya!

Oscar left and Lin and I went to the Guild. I went to the quest board and saw the Rank F quest and brought it to Frank.

Frank: Me again?

Hikai: Yep!

Even while complaining Frank did his job and told me.

Frank: For this one, you don’t need to come back here. You should go straight to the requester. Do you know where the Woodsmith is?

Hikai: Yes, I know.

Frank: Alright, Now off with you.

Frank laid his head on the counter once again.

Lin and I went back to the Woodsmith and borrowed an axe. We then went outside the city.

Hikai: Hmm, I don’t know which ones to pick.

Magicae then appeared.

Magicae: Oh? That’s interesting. Hikai, how about you try to feel the magic.

Hikai: Magic? Let me see.

I tried as Magicae said and I could feel a string of magic.

Hikai: Over there?

Magicae: So you were able to sense it. You should follow that then.

She disappeared afterwards and Lin and I followed the trail of magic.

Lin: Amazing~.

Lin was the first one to feel the flow of magic. We were a few miles away from the city. We were surrounded by trees, they were glowing as well. Magicae appeared once again.

Magicae: Wow, this is Magic Wood.

Hikai: Magic Wood?

Magicae: This is wood that has been exposed to Magic for a long period of time. It takes thousands of years in order for one to form. You may think that all of this is Magic Wood but it’s actually only that one over there.

We approached the tree that Magicae pointed out, it had a brighter hue than the other trees and I could vaguely feel the magic in it.

Magicae: It will take a few more years for the others to form so what are you going to do? Will you take all of it or just some of it?

Hikai: Hmm? I guess a bit would be enough for this. The woodsmith could probably use it as a base.

Magicae: I see. That would probably be for the best.

A few branches suddenly fall from the tree.

Hikai: What happened? Why did these suddenly fall from the tree?

Magicae: Who knows? Maybe it’s a gift since someone didn’t want to take the whole thing for themselves? Who knows right?

She winked and I decided to accept it but I couldn’t pick it up..

Hikai: I see. Then thank you, Mister tree. I am very grateful.

Lin: More branches.

I didn’t realize that Lin had left but she came back with some branches. It seems that she was also given some of it. She picked up the ones that were given to me as well.

Hikai: That’s enough for now I guess. Let’s go back.

Lin: Go back!

Magicae: Alright, I’m going to go now.

Magicae disappeared. Thanking the tree one more time we went back to the house first and dropped off half of the Magic Wood that we got and showed the other half to the Woodsmith.

Man: This is Magic Wood! Where did you find this Kid?

Since the tree graciously gave this to me, I decided to lie to the man.

Hikai: I found it near a dead tree. I was curious as to why it was glowing so I brought it with me. Is it rare?

Man: This is super rare! It’s so hard to find. This is way more than I could currently afford.

Hikai: Then how about you make me the best pole that you can with these?

Man: All of them? I can’t have some?

Hikai: You can’t afford one right? Then why don’t you just use them to make me a pole?

Man: Guh. What should I do?

As the man tried to think of a way I tried to barter with him some more.

Hikai: Then why don’t I give you one branch and instead of money you just make me a pole with all of these other branches.

Man: Just one huh, Tch. Fine, I’ll agree to that. Just a pole? How about I try to do that Naginata you wanted?

Hikai: It’s fine, I don’t want a Naginata yet.

Man: Hmm? If you say so then come back at three days for it.

HIkai: Alright, can I also have one of the poles in here.

Man: You’ll have to buy that one.

Lin handed the money and I bought one of the pole. Lin helped me set up the Pole on my back. We exited the store. The day turned to night so both of us went back to the house. As we went back to the house, Lin put the Pole in my room and we ate dinner and that was the time I talked to the two of them.

Hikai: Zack, what happened to those Slave Traders?

Zack: Before we could investigate the soldiers and the heroes got there while we were fighting so we couldn’t find much.

Hikai: The Princess told me that she found out that the Slave Traders talked about reporting to the King.

Zack: The King? So are you saying that the King may be involved in this?

Hikai: I don’t know but that is what the Princess has said.

Feyris: Have you told the heroes yet?

Hikai: I don’t plan to tell them yet.

Feyris: Oh? Wasn’t that a part of your promise?

Zack: Yeah so why did you tell us first?

Hikai: I promised to find out before I report to them.

Feyris: Promise to who?

Hikai: The Princess. She’s the one who told me after all.

Zack: Another promise huh. So the reason you’re telling me is because you want me to find out right?

Hikai: Yeah, I figured you’re the best one to ask about this since you were also looking into the Slave Traders in the first place.

Feyris: What are you going to do?

Zack: Fine, if I find out anything I’ll tell you.

Hikai: Thanks, hey do you know if the Prince and the Princess get along?

Feyris: Why are you asking?

Hikai: He talked to me this morning and he was asking a lot about what happened to us in Umbra. I was just wondering why the Princess didn’t tell him and why she wants to know it that much.

Zack: I haven’t heard anything about them. I think that your best bet would be to ask the Princess about this.

Hikai: Yeah, I know right? I forgot since she suddenly told me about the whole thing. I’ll try to ask again next time.

Feyris: So that’s your plan huh? Well then, are your hands fine already?

Hikai: I still can’t move them properly. I can only move above my wrist so I can only literally move my hands.

Feyris: Hah, Why won’t that God heal your hands already. I want to play with that absorb power of yours again.

Magicae: Nope~!

She appeared and disappeared again.

Hikai: You were just having fun huh.

Feyris: What are you talking about? You’re the only person that I know that has that kind of power so of course I would be having fun with it.

As Feyris pouted, I shook my shoulders.

Zack: I guess I should start as early as possible. Hikai, I won’t be with you tomorrow and I would bring Ester with me so if you’re going to do something you’ll have to go only with Lin.

Hikai: It’s fine. I should probably accept a G-rank quest anyway. That is the easiest way to find what the people think about the King after all.

Feyris: What are you talking about? How can you accept a quest with both of your hands like that?

Lin: I can help.

Lin raised her hand as she said that.

Feyris: There’s just so much that Lin could do. I suggest that you don’t do anything different than today.

Hikai: Fine, I won’t do any quests tomorrow.

Feyris: Good. Hurry up and recover already.

She stood up and took a bottle and drank again.

Hikai: I guess I should sleep early then.

Zack: Yeah, I’ll tell you if I find out anything.

Hikai: Thanks for the help.

Lin and I slept. I woke up early again like yesterday. The Prince appeared once again and tried to make me tell the truth but I once again didn’t tell him anything. He left as Ranga entered the house.

Ranga: Ester’s not here since she told me that she had to do something.

Hikai: Oh, that’s because of me.

I told him about my request.

Ranga: Is that so? So that’s why she left pretty early huh. Well then, let’s start your training now. We’ll do the same thing.

I tried to do so again. I didn’t use the energy from my contract for now since it would take me longer to recover.

Ranga: It seems that you haven’t improved yet huh.

Hikai: I don’t think that I can use your method.

Ranga: So you need the energy from Lin to use it huh but you can’t use it if you’re injured. That means that you can’t let the battle prolong.

Hikai: That’s hard. Since my stats are low, the only way I can win is if I force my opponent in a long fight.

Ranga: Huh? What are you talking about? Do you get injured when you prolong the fight?

Hikai: No I don’t

Ranga: Then doesn’t that mean that even if you prolong the fight you can still use the energy as much as you can.

Hikai: Oh! I didn’t think about that.

Ranga: Well then, that is interesting. You should have another battle with Ester when you’re healed.

Hikai: Really? Are you sure that I can do it?

Ranga: I don’t think you can defeat her yet but I think that your current goal should be to at least make her tired.

Hikai: Hmm. Okay, that would be my goal next time. Don’t tell her about it alright? I want to surprise her after all.

Ranga: Sure. I wonder what will happen.

After that, Ranga left and I went to the castle. There was nothing to report so nothing special happened and I returned to the house afterwards. Feyris was sleeping on the coach with bottles around her. Lin and I waited for Zack to come back.

Hikai: He’s taking too long.

Zack didn’t come home that night.

~Chapter 13 End~