Discussion New glasses,Problems.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xlfighter, Feb 25, 2017.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had it worse than you. Whenever I get a new prescription, I have nonstop headaches until my eyes adjust. I also get extreme dizziness and nausea. Supposedly my eyes are strong enough that I can sense even the slightest change in my prescription, but it passes given a few days. Bear with it and give your eyes a few days to adjust. Don't take the glasses off for any reason other than sleeping, because that will just interfere. Close your eyes and rest if you get pains. If after a few days you still can't see, then go to your eye doctor.

Redo and xlfighter like this.
  2. xlfighter

xlfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kk thx

3. Einy

Einy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had the same problem, from what the eye doc said when i went back it was because my eyes sight got worse between when i ordered the glasses to when i got them

4. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    What is your eyes problem? Close or far away? It is your first glasses?

If it is close forget it i cant help sorry

If it is far away and your first. It is normal just always wear it and try to focus only on the horizon for a long time it should help you get used faster.

5. xlfighter

Reading List:
    Link
    but before i wore em i could still see though so its not that it got worse,the same way that i could.

6. Fairy-chan

Fairy-chan 『Appreciates Cuteness』

Reading List:
    Link
    Your eyes were probably used to forcing themselves to try and make the image coherent, now that you have the light hitting on the right spot, your eyes are confused on how to behave.

You will probably get used to it with time, but your sight without glasses will definitely get worse than before, so I recommend adapting to always use them.

And as others said, if the issue is not resolved quickly, go see your doctor again.

There is also the possibility that not the doctor, but the company that made the glasses messed up by the way, my mother once needed to have her glasses re-done 5 times because the company kept on messing up when making it.

7. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    Use dem when you only need it

8. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    Either your eyes are getting worse or better. The new prescription and new glass lenses will cause your eye adjust and cause blurriness. It's just like when you wore glasses for the first time.
    But likely it's getting worse, I mean what do you think will happen when you read novels 10 hours straight.

9. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yer eye brain confuzzzled
    Keep using the new one, see if you get better.

Unless you believe that the doctor is onto something bad.

Ps. Dont believe me much. But your problem is normal among glasses users. Its mainly your eye attempting to readjust and calm itself

10. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How old are you & 2. How much is your eyesight measurement & 3. Is this your first glasses?

If you are very young (<12) or somewhat old (> 50) and your measurement is worse than 250, or deteriorate more than 200 since last measurement, you may need upto 2-3 weeks to adapt your eyes to this glasses.

If you're older (>60) or the measurement is worse than 400, you'd put the glasses on all the time, though it's very annoying.

Most (but not all !) seasoned glasses wearers have not this problem :cool:

Redo likes this.
  11. xlfighter

Reading List:
    Link
    im 16.my vision is 20/400

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're still worried, go back to the optometrist. Tell him your problem. If it's a reputable optometrist, chances are, they've seen lots of cases like yours and can give you advice on how to cope with it. Of course there are optometrists that mess up, but I don't think you live in Uganda.

Zerith likes this.
  13. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably wrong prescription? I never experienced it before. But it is always uncomfortable when wearing new glasses.
    That is the best advice! Uun! Totally do that to make sure.

Ai chan likes this.
  14. jason3893

jason3893 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have myopia the you could be just like the example I had given. Still can't be 100% certain though since I only learned this through an optics class.
    I'd say follow some of the advice that everyone else already gave. Given a couple days at most to see if it just you not being used to it. Just make sure you don't wear them for too long in situations where you get headaches or something is blurry when using them. Don't want to risk making your eyesight worse. If it still is blurry and you are worried then ask your optometrist. If you could talk to them on the phone first it may be good. If the reason is something simple that doesn't require another examination then you can save both your time and money (if you need to give a copay).

15. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That sucks. Not being able to see is such a hassle