New Sorting for Tags, Genres, Etc...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tony, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forsaken

Forsaken [Enlightened Darkness] [CuteDevil's niisan]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wish i could sort by the amount of chapters in there..

2. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    That wouldn't do much good because the chapters aren't counted properly, only releases, so... there are people who make one release of, say 20 chapters or so, hence the number of releases is not equal with the number of chapters in case of most novels as far as I know and there already is a feature that allows you to search based on number of releases.

Edit:
    There seems to be a new feature that allows sorting based on number of releases, but I think it only works based on a certain tag or genre or language, artist and some others...

Edit 2: Here's an example:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.novelupdates.com/ntype/chinese-novel/
    You have to click on 'Filters' and if you want to search based on another language, tag, genre etc. I think you have to click on it in some novel's page...

Edit 3: Actually you can sort them based on releases from series ranking too... just now I realized. You just have to click on 'Releases' on the head of the table...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Shio and Forsaken like this.
  3. saganatsu

saganatsu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    typo: on the heading for origin, you instead have Orgin

4. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I can see Tony implementing is maybe creating a list where series with at least 1 release, with the last release 3 months or longer. (Perhaps they could be assigned an "inactive" marker like how MangaUpdates does with scanlators).

But really, I don't think keeping track of dropped translations should be something that NU handles. Too often, I see the "dropped" tag (which shouldn't be a tag btw) for series that were licensed or are actually active but whoever added it never removed it. The data is too often inaccurate, without someone dedicated to maintaining accuracy. I would also not want people marking "slow" translations as inactive in hopes of another translator picking it up just because they're impatient.

asriu and FAiri110 like this.
  5. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    You can do this in series finder since like forever, just scroll down to the 'sort results by' option.

6. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya, Thanks so much for that! I was about to ask for that in the features, but saw that you were already working on it.. It's great to see that there's new features every so often ^u^

7. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good job

8. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    This site has surpassed mangaupdates on most levels of interactive user abilities.

The onky thihg it lacks is a mascot, affiliates, weekly polls, novel translation news, and whatever I failed to remember!

9. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We didn't need mascot when we have tony :X3:

Tony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.