New translator for kumo.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Cabman11, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but if I could have the speed of Turbo and the Quality of RtD, I would die a happy cat!

canaria23 likes this.
  2. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped Wordmaster before that happened. What happened? (Just wondering)

I kind of get that reasoning, yet I don't. I mean, I think it's no good to catch up to raws, or the originals. That's because if you do, then you're subject to always need to translate a few days after the raws come out or else people will b**** really hard, harder than now. There should be a buffer such that the translators would translate at a steady speed, more or less, to shut people up and never need to worry about new raws. And having a slower pace is also easier to manage, you'll never run out of material to translate.

But the problem with Kumoko is that...Kumoko seems to come out rather fast. I think it comes out every 2 days or something? (Seems like author aims for once a day now but with random breaks in between. I'll stick with 2 days.) Wouldn't it be fine to pop a chapter out a week? And now, let's look at RTD's Kumoko updates: 11.09, 11.10, 11.11, 11.11, 11.18, 11.20, 11.30, 11.30. Well, that's a chapter every 2-3 days, closer to 3. So, for all intents and purposes, the translation speed isn't that bad at all, if my assumption of the chapter release schedule is moderately accurate. I think we're like 33ish chapters behind? So, speeding up a bit is possible but then it'll need to be slowed down anyways.

That's as logical and clear as I can put it. For those who can read Chinese and cannot read Japanese (or well enough to overcome their laziness), someone translated it up to 339. Just dig through the thread here. And that crazy Chinese dude does translate within a day.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Arua likes this.
  3. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    There were like 6 translators for KnW, but then they all jumped ship in the span of around 2 weeks. I'm not super clear on the deets though.

As for Kumo, the original actually updates 1-2 times per day, not week. That said, I have no tolerance for translation poaching after what's happened with ST.

Arua and Slimikyi like this.
  4. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    People just don't know how hard it is to translate... Well... Just sit back and read other series if you got time.. Whining, complaining, or bad mouthing will not makes it comes out faster anyway.. And yeah poaching/stealing/retranslating is always ends with the series being abandoned in the end.. Just wait for the translators.. Take a sip of a coffee and waits..

5. EchoLaveau

EchoLaveau Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dem Nukos <3

Nyanko likes this.
  6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    you can't resist us... love us... worship our cuteness.... and so on...

EchoLaveau likes this.
  7. EchoLaveau

EchoLaveau Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya see, the thing is, I don't think there's anyone that is willing to currently update kumo daily. RtD picked it up cuz it was dropped. If someone wants daily releases then they can do it, but I think having some kumo to read is better than nothing.

Slimikyi and Ldyrdy like this.
  8. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    This. People should learn. How many novels had this happening to them already? But people are still being pricks.
    More recently, the translator of Battle Emperor was even "encouraged to stop" because he's supposedly too slow, can you believe that?
    I'd rather have it that translators pay more attention to people who are supporting them but I know it's not that easy. And when this happens, it's depressing.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Shio likes this.
  9. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Cat with 9 lives...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.