Discussion New WSJ Flagship series?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by no168_92, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Born2Chime

Born2Chime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Despite one punch man being very popular, too bad it counts as seinen :/

2. silverkage

silverkage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The style of anime, in general, has changed. I doubt we will ever see a new big three (Obviously one of them will still be One Piece which will hopefully never to turn to absolute shit).
    If DBS upped it's game we could have potentially been 2/3 of the way there

3. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Thread talking about Weekly Shonen Jump in Manga Section.
    >there's people talking about anime. smh

On topic, I haven't been reading comics from WSJ in a few years, since one piece's second romance dawn if i remember correctly. IMO, there's no flagship like BON born in WSJ lately. BON was a fenomenal even in international community.

runsing likes this.
  4. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    7Deadly Sin, Black Clover and Boku no Hero Academia seem to be the contenders for big three, they fufill everything a teenage reader would want to read about. I exclude FT and Soma cause FT seems to be almost ending(?) and its more ecchi than fighting, at least in my opinion. The story is complete ass, and Soma is more akin to the more niche jump series rather than Big 3. I don't include One Piece in the Big 3 anymore cause its by and large one of the most popular running series like ever, so putting it in the same league as the rest is unfair.

Newer series and HxH are excluded for obvious reasons, not enough chapters and hiatus. Oh and I might have misunderstood what you're talking, so apologies if this post makes no sense :).

5. saffu

saffu dead

Reading List:
    Link
    would be nice if more people actually elabourated on their opinions instead of saying things like
    I'd also like to say that two of the new series (Hungry Marie & Dr. Stone) have a lot of potential to be great

Phantom Starlight and no168_92 like this.
  6. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a manwha

Solracmar and mir like this.
  7. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard they will get someone new on HXH.

8. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Toriko was also really good, though it also just ended. for the still running, the ones that good beside One Piece are Gintama, World Trigger, Boku no Hero Academia, Black Clover, Haikyuu, Shokugeki no Souma, and saiki kusou no Psi nan.

9. aarush

aarush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I you moved on different language.This discussion is for Jap Manga

10. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    DBS? hmm.. we'll have to wait and see for that one, but SWJ are known for over-milking, just to prolong a series, like what obviously happened to Bleach...

BON? cant seem to recall what... care to explain? nevermind, got it, B,OP,N

fyi, FT and 7DS are not part of WSJ, they are from another magazine, which is a direct competitor to WSJ..

yeah, last i heard togashi's wife, the author of sailor moon is expected to continue his husband's with a few discussions ongoing... but that was so like past year...

forgot about Toriko, which says how impactful to me it was... it was good at the beginning, but then went bad... for the other series, yes, they are currently doing well, but my question was, flagship material...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    runsing likes this.
  11. Suoh95

Suoh95 King

Reading List:
    Link
    Boku No Hero is Meh. Nothing new or anything, hyped af with some predictability.
    Good? Meh
    Bad? Meh
    Meh

12. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a manhwa (korean)

OT: all the current manga's are not that great. Maybe because i've grown up but most people read Chinese manhua and Korean Manhwa now.

The only japanese series' I read are, Shokugeki no soma, One Piece and Kingdom

13. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    BON = Bleach Onepiece Naruto
    :D

14. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh oops, I forgot about that. In that case, whatever has the most impact to new readers while bringing back older ones tend to be the flagship series. Might as well be One Piece in that case, people still love that series and its still not over.

15. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, it all depend on the vote ranking of the series in wjs (if you read bakuma you should know) so it depend on the japanese audience. But I think it should be Boku no Hero Academia or Black Clover. Gintama almost end, World trigger are a bit too serious and realistic, and haikyuu and shokugeki no souma are not action manga so it would have lower audience.

16. willuwontu

willuwontu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One day Beet the vandal buster will come back.

17. xp32

xp32 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    exactly when I see 'WSJ' it would be one of top hated media website by PDP's fans.
    Let me tell you, Shounen Jump is dying at this rate, the only one dat still catching my attention is 'Kingdom'.

18. Xvenic

Xvenic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope nothing...
    First of all you should eliminate adaptation manga.. it wont become flagship, since people tend to compare it with the source of adaptation.
    It'll be an original manga. But some notable mention is:

Komi Naoshi with Toki Doki
    Just like how nisekoi start with oneshoot toki doki have a lot of potential in my eyes... if He serialized this series it might become wsj new flagship

Kentaro Yabuki with Futagami Double
    Futagami Double actually also have a lot of potential and worth mention oneshoot, especially when T-L-R darkness just ended. assuming WSJ can get him that is

both oneshoot have potential to be developed.. Other artist: Masashi Kishimoto already have boruto, Akamatsu Ken still with uq holder, Hiro Mashima still holding Fairy Tail, Amano Akira still holding eldlive, etc... only tite kubo might show something new

19. Zx

Zx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Toriko was for a little while until it ended. Now it's probably OP/FT/BC (black clover)

20. Nightazday

Nightazday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I say it probably will be a good thing if Jump doesn't have one and will be humbled by it. They're basically to manga what DC/Marvel is to comics. Quality of works published notwithstanding, they probably should lose out due to their business practices as to set an example that their path is not one to follow.

no168_92 and Sakuratea like this.