Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by cap.toon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think about the Nintendo Switch released this month?

I have been eyeing this piece of art work for a while now. I haven't play the PlayStation and Xbox much, but for some reason I just couldn't find myself immerse in them. I am wary about investing in this new console since there aren't many games available. My plan is to wait and see how this console change.

2. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm waiting till skyrim comes out. There'll be more titles released and titles announced and I bet you a better switch with better battery lifespan and better deals comes out by the time skyrim comes out.
    That's my thought on it. But I will say I already have $500 USD set aside for it. I travel and commute too often to not have this!!

3. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to have quite a good response so far, mostly because of Zelda game. But Nintendo has always been a console that is more focused on Family and co-playing. Such as Mario Kart among other games. Unlike Xbox and PlayStation which tend to focus more on playing alone.

So I guess it depends weither you plan on inviting friends or not to enjoy the game with ya in the future. Since that tend to be the charm of that console in my experience.

4. Elyas

Elyas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive been playing breath of the wild for a while and its absolutely brilliant 10/10 dunno about the switch tho but prob worth it just for the game

5. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm excited about it, but I'm still holding out and hoping for a physically better version. One where you can properly reskin it, one where the dock doesn't scratch the switch it's suppose to hold, and one where it has a better stand and maybe a different power charging location (aka let's not have it so you can't kickstand + charge at the same time, mkay?). I'll proly get it regardless when monster hunter comes out tho.

6. ProXy4

ProXy4 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have my money set aside, but I'm waiting for a Winter Bundle Sale. By that time, we will have Mario Odessy, maybe (hopefully) a Mario Maker, and all the good hacks would have come out. It's a bummer I and people with my mindset will miss on the free online, but the money saved from the sale and bundle will be nice.

7. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking of getting one sooner or later, but certainly not immediately. First I need to get a nice gaming rig (PC), and I also want a PS4 for the Final Fantasy game (chocobos!), so I'll have to pick between that and Zelda on the Switch.

It also never hurts to wait until the console has its second release with the kinks ironed out.

8. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    u can always eventually get FF games on pc and simply use a usb controller for it if you wanted to skimp a bit more on the $$ ;)

udonsage likes this.
  9. admira

admira Dino Pirate

Reading List:
    Link
    My current plan is to leech of my friend('s PS4) for the chocobos. They're the entire reason why I wanted to give it a try in the first place.

10. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    If I can't wait, I'll buy the switch solely for the Zelda game. I'm a big Zelda fan!!

Ha! I like to wait for bundle set too. Guess, I'll busy myself with life so I just don't buy the switch on impulse.

11. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a novelty when i didn't have it.....I still dun have it...so it's still a novelty...

12. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    Planning to get it around the end of this year
    But the price... :(

13. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh-- don't remind me about the price. :unsure:I'm saving for it.

14. Kufooloo

Kufooloo YoRHa Type A No.2

Reading List:
    Link
    I am going to be straight. The system is empty. You can not give it a review, because it is not finished. At this moment it is a gaming system, with a limited amount of games. Unless you plan to put hours into Breath of the Wild, do not buy it right now. There are no other games. The price is fine. PS4 was 600$ when it came out, and they lost money each time they sold one, so I thought 300 was fine. I have 85+ hours into breath, and I still enjoy it a lot. When they add things like online play, messaging between friends, and well, anything else that a PS4 has, then I could say it is finished, but it is not finished, but that is ok, because it is a good system in my eyes, and I feel as though it should be looked at as one. There is no need for messaging right now, because there is no multiplayer online games. When that comes, I am sure the system will be great. For now it is just fine. And yes, I do own a system.

udonsage and LordCorwin like this.
  15. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    The amazing thing is the potential this system has! I just need to be patience and wait. Thanks for your comment.

16. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've heard, they don't taste good. Which just makes me react this way:
    [​IMG]

17. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    What don't taste good? Which one are you talking about?

18. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Nintendo Switch. lol. Some people are eating them for god knows what reason

19. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a -super- casual gamer, the last console I owned was an N64 (and I owned... 3 games on that, re-played OOT a bunch of times) and I don't play many PC games, so the current state of the Switch is actually fine for me. xD I foresee a hundred hours or two of Breath of the Wild, and after looking around, Stardew Valley in Summer looks interesting too, then there'll be Virtual Console and a browser on it eventually. I like the fact that it doesn't force me to choose being portability and playing more than 2D games.

That said, I ordered my Switch 2.5 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. :(

20. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely amazing! Product launch and marketing was amazing.

Problems currently: lack of games and save data transfer

but besides those I see no other problems. A whole line of games are expected to be released throughout the year so the game drought is only temporary.