Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by cap.toon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats the future for it? If you liked the 3ds you will like it too its as simple as that.

2. Exterial

Exterial @pocketbear ,much oneesama, very friendly, kawaii.

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. Which is why i like it.
    Because its a portable handheld.
    I dont need a console i have a pc, but i cant take a pc with me everywhere i go.
    I love my 3ds and the switch is even better.

3. rakesh2206

rakesh2206 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa... Hold up there what do u mean PCs will slowly take over the market.. I mean if it is gonna happen it would have happened a long time ago. But no consoles are still running strong!

4. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    Console gaming aint gonna last. Eventually PC is gonna take over just because PC is more versatile.

5. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    well i'm waiting for cfw or something like that to even bother to think will i buy this or not....

well console/handheld matter.... its pretty cool gimmick to be able to become handheld and a console

6. iamsleepless

iamsleepless (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I won't have enough leisure to play when I go out. Gaming is an activity fir when I am home. For the occasional gaming my android does the job well enough.

Exterial likes this.
  7. Fosk91

Fosk91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm intrigued, but i'm gonna wait. First of all, not enough games out yet, and secondly, there have been quite a few complaints about the manufacture quality of the left controllers

8. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    Only reason the console market even still exists is because of exclusives, which really is a system that doesn't benefit consumers at all but somehow keeps fans tied up in a tribalistic console war because of how blinded they are. Hell, the reason why nintendo put all their eggs in a hybrid is because android and apple are eating up the mobile market while the pc is only becoming a better and better platform as time goes by.

People still buy consoles because the upfront price tag is lower than a gaming pc, but not only can you easily get a properly budgeted pc tailored to your gaming needs, but over time the price performance of the pc platform can't be matched by consoles. The only legitimate excuse to buy a console is the "plug and play" aspect of it, and even that is eroding away as more and more console games require extra download from a shitty online "service" that they charge you for.

LordCorwin likes this.
  9. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the guy's 2nd thread you know how it is with the first few threads, you get nervous no one is talking in them

10. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    regarding the switch it'll live and die by how they treat 3rd party developer's

11. Rreelentless

Reading List:
    Link
    i want my modded skyrim on the go

12. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't derail this into a PC vs console "crack" .

I don't own a Switch, but I would love to. As an owner of PSP, (but never owned a Vita), the Switch is the best portable console that I think as of writing that has existed. It appeals to me, a lot.

The concept may not be fresh, but clearly Nintendo has put a lot of effort into developing this portable console. It looks fun, and I'm sure as heck it's fun to play games in it.

I can't wait for the second generation Switch, because I think it will come out with even better features, if we look at the path that the DS family threaded (consequential updates and upgrades without completely abandoning older previous generation of DS).

What I hope (but very unlikely to happen) will happen down the road is the Switch will have much powerful innards with better battery life, on the same footprint.

And considering the fact that Nintendo really pays attention to the games they released, and now that they are trying to make things easier for developers by supporting UNREAL Engine, (I think there are two more standards?) I'm thinking the Switch will be great.

As for features that don't exist, like browser, or netflix ( I don't subscribe to netflix, so I have no idea why people emphasise this app / brand, despite I know that it's a streaming service), I don't really care. There are other devices for those kind of purposes, and I prefer my Switch (when I get one) solely for gaming.

LordCorwin likes this.
  13. saffu

saffu dead

Reading List:
    Link
    i said i liked the switch, it's just impossible to state why without talking about PCs and consoles in the same conversation :\

14. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for MH to be on Switch before buying (oh, how i hope MH get a big screen res again after WII). Also Pokemon. I hope by then the price already subsided and secondhand Zelda already available in the market.

doomeye1337 likes this.