Noodletown's Reply

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by noodletowntranslated, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @rwxwuxiaworld ,i think you should just start hosting Chinese novels like they do on qidian. You can get international rights for the novels. Since translated chapters are free, you guys can compromise on Raw content rights.This will make wuxiaworld independent and they can also develop both Chinese and international market.There us no middle man in between author and international translation.May be this suggestion is already suggested by others.

Shield Loyalist and ThousandSun like this.
  2. jbhere

jbhere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dear noodle,i love HTK and i'm a fan,i'm no expert in english so i won't comment on your translation quality,nor that i'm here to accuse you for taking side,i am here as one of your reader.
    don't you realize the seriousness of this issue?..rwx is fighting a well known multinational gigantic epic big bad dino draconic evil dang-it saurus!,complete with all the fact twisting lies and propaganda.

why do you have to take part in this matter?,imo you shouldn't have done it!,i understand your every reason for taking side with qiding,that i do truly understand,but please realize that your statements can be used against you!,they could implicate you with all sort of evil non-sense if things really ended up bad for them,and they can throw you out anytime, and you're done for.

your reply did not help this matter at all,but it did jeopardize your entire translation effort,your future carrier with qiding,my future htk reading,and your reputation as translator in this community.i can only hope you'll be alright in the future.can't do nothing about it.

the fact that your reply actually turned stuff upside down for qiding and their reputation is an obvious bad PR for them,so if they can twist and screw rwx even with them non-sense craps,what can stop them to do the same thing to you who cause a ruckus with the result of further ruining their already ruined reputation in this community..be aware for a company reputation is a very important thing.

3. Chivas

Chivas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing devils advocate here...
    Are we sure this is the real @noodletowntranslated ? If not, then we been had by an internet troll.

And internet trolls love controversy.

4. OmegaDion

OmegaDion [Ω The End Ω] [Forum Reporter]

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. How childish like how your site has more spaghetti codes. lol

go fix your site and oh. fix your grammar also. your flaunting your dick with crappy outer.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
    Shield Loyalist likes this.
  5. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the same doubt. Because the Noodle account has been making lots of plain dumb replies which plainly looks to be for instigating people to reply or continue the controversy. Makes a person wonder.

Chivas likes this.
  6. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    GGP is probably somewhere hiding in a bunker saying "fuck this shit".

7. GM_Rusaku

GM_Rusaku Neptune-sama's Devoted Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.noodletowntranslated.com/2017/05/24/qidian-and-wuxiaworld-is-fighting/
    Does this answer your question?

Damyabo and Chivas like this.
  8. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Entail

Entail Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate paying for chaps because I read a lot. If the chaps cost lets say 10 cents per chap for example. then reating 3 novels with a daily release will cost $100+ per year. If you read the 20 novels on WW then that'd be over $600. Simply put, I can't afford that.

10. Chivas

Chivas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

@noodletowntranslated said on the site: 6) WXW’s Claim: the material they are using is honestly the very first draft of Qidian’s contract. So ya, if you are gonna talk in 2017/05/24 i think you should talk about the contract that’s being used right now between Qidian and its translators.

How do you know this dude?
    And contract is a contract, only null and void after new contract is signed.

11. CoffeeMonk

CoffeeMonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You signed a contract stating your not allowed to say anything bad ever to your daddy Qidian. Why the fuck would you post this shit, all your remarks are against you with valid proof from sources spread throughout this forum. Im losing respect for you.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  12. Askurai

Askurai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really cant understand how someone can side with QI in any way...

@rwxwuxiaworld we have to take a side...

It is mainly not because the novels are not free but the quality of the novels are mostly not worth paying for by our standards (in form of subscriptions)[there are always some exeptions]. They have too many filler, are too repetitive, too generic, to pay for it...
    (i mean forcefull; do not pay, do not read philosophy)

QI doesnt have too many novels that are worth it... Most novels i read, are simply for amusement and i dont mind to donate 1 or 2$(example) for the translators work... by myself the donation isnt much but there are the others who will do the same, so that will stack...

but we do it because we can afford it and we do it by our own will. we do not PAY we DONATE and that is a big difference. like you give tips in a restaurant.

there are cases where the waiters depends on tips to live cause there salary isn't simply enough.

the amount of money they get, it might be a little more a little less but it is the intention that is entirely different if we HAVE to pay what if you're WILLING to donate. that is a message from us, the community, to the translators, that we respect the work and like it. for them it is a hobby, it may a hobby that can finance their daily life; support them as a side job or is only a hobby which they do in their free time.

Is this is what our translation community is about. But now we have an intruder here, an enemy we face, not only is it trying to shallow all the small translation groups that may not have the power or the knowledge to defend themselves as they are pressed and forced to join them, because of the copyright issue.

some may also not really understand the whole meaning of the contracts they signed.

Some may say they do this for the authors but I say it now: I doubt that the authors have the rights to their own novels and I do need to say the publishers condition are not friendly to translators or the authors. its highly unrealistic.

with the deeds they have done they have shown us, they nothing more like the arrogant Masters of our favourite novels. they behave the same way.
    I have some friends who came from China and they always said:" do not offend the children of officials."
    It is allmost the same as it is described in the novels.

There is much corruption going on from, what I've heard and I sincerely hope that it will not be judged in Chinese court. because I really doubt this will be handled fairly. a company as big as them, I think, they will have the ways to bribe the judges so that result will be in their favour regardless of just. this is the result we shall fear.

But they are also pretty ignorant about the western community, our community. they didn't do their homework because they don't seem to know how we would react.
    Maybe they also don't care about us, that would be another possibility.

But what they have done is not only disregard our ways of living but they try to enforce their Chinese ways and think of themselves as a world.
    Which means we are so easily fooled by their ways and accepted it as a matter of fact. well, that's not going to happen.
    China is not the world as they may think and we will not tolerate how they think we will just subdued like that.
    there is more to it of what the eye does not see. there are many undercurrents of which we do not know. we can only judge what we know, what we see, how we interpret that and that is not much.

this is what i think, i may not be skillfull with words... but i think you get where im comming from....

Westeller and Saitama.sensei like this.
  13. noodletowntranslated

noodletowntranslated Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep i realized that i should've stayed out of this

hejzero, jbhere and Luk2048 like this.
  14. Broosk

Broosk «Technomancer»

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually trapped GGP in my basement with @Jaspaaar.

15. Chupchup

Chupchup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it was ok to just say your experience was good and the money worked out for you. It's all the extra stuff that was unrelated to your experience with QI.

Anyway QI should up their game in the Community Management and PR perspective. There's no reason to be saying bad things in public about anyone (leave that to private emails).

Westeller and Luk2048 like this.
  16. Askurai

Askurai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know how old you are but from what you have said (still in school), you are pretty young. there are many unsaid things that would make this mess even more complicated if said.... well fortunately there's a message from you falls exactly into this category.

The reactions you're getting are proof of it. It is not that the users mean ill. but it is like someone talking bad about your idol or something you really like, then the brain overheats, the blood begins to boil, and you see what kind of reaction you get.
    You could say they are very impulsive but that is also part of human nature.
    You should not take this personally because you're young, you're inexperienced and may not realised what what kind of reaction you caused with this response in the beginning.

The best thing you can do is to learn from this mistake. This is all for the best advice I could give you.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Miss Ruby and Luk2048 like this.
  17. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    1) I would like to apologize for the remarks I've made to Wuxiaworld and Rwx. My original intention was to state some facts about how Qidian is treating us translators, and defended Qidian out of 情义 for hiring us and paying us for our work. I understand it may be low, but it was better than volunteering. P.s Editor is a friend of mine for 9 years. I read some claims about qidian using translators and editors as slaves, and doesnt pay unless the quality is good, that's why I made this case.
    2) I did not realize how serious of an issue this is. Execuse my tone earlier.
    3) I'm not apologizing in fear that rwx will sue me, or to recover noodletown's long lost or probably non-existant reputation, but simply because I made a bad decision getting myself involved in this matter. I will take responsibility for my words so you don't have to worry about me deleting or editting my posts.

Kiilalene, lactea, kkchaitu and 9 others like this.
  18. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    good boy :)

now that this particular episode of the drama is over, time to exercise all that popcorn away, folks~

19. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though the damage is done, your response should be the end of this particular mess. Take it from someone who has studied business studies far longer than you, mind your words. At the end of the day you can insult a person and have him reply ThankYou, or just get into unnecessary trouble when you are just expressing your own opinion.
    The third point was'nt important and it makes you look a bit childish. For whatever reason you apologised, that is for you and only you to care, for all others it's the same, you appologised.

This is not the end. Apologising when you are wrong, is a great step and you are advancing in life. Be proud, but also cautious. Good Luck on your future ventures!

HTK and GDN. I used to read them a lot.

kingkong53 and kkchaitu like this.
  20. noodletowntranslated

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the advice!

ThousandSun, hejzero and Tramsloof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.