Feature Request Not really original buuut please give it a look

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Zeckzen, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Zeckzen

Zeckzen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the title said this is not really orinal, heck! I just found out that there is this feature on rrl.
    The feature is called "continue reading" that can be found above the novel synopsis.
    The function is just as its name say, it redirect us directly to the last chapter that we read. To ease us reader when we drob it at some point and after sometime want to picked it up again but forgot which xhapter we drop it. Covenient feature if i may add cuz if the chapter has no title this will be of great help. As how it work you can ask them, whether this feature can only work to those that has sign-in or those that didnt can use it i dunnow.
    Here is some snap shot.
    Want to know ur opinion

[​IMG]
    After clicking it i was send to the last chapter that i read
    [​IMG]

2. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't you just tick the box on the side of the last chapter you read? what is the use of reading list if you don't use them.

runsing likes this.
  3. Zeckzen

Reading List:
    Link
    Hhhmm...... Faster read?

4. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it faster using reading list? you can see the indicated last chapter and the latest chapter available for all the novel you have added to reading list.

5. Humsas

Humsas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading list is faster and you can go directly where you finished reading while also seeing in the list chapter name. Maybe a button in novel page would be nice, but i doubt that many people would go to novel page to press it, especially then you can go directly from reading list. Novel updates cannot follow on which chapter you finished reading so you will need to update it yourself.

But it would be nice if in novel page, release list would load with page where you stopped reading.

Setra and runsing like this.
  6. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to your reading list. You have links to your last read chapter (release) there. Plus, the book icon (on the right) opens up a popup with links to 3 next releases too.

I've never used RRL, but from what understand they host the chapters themselves. Your "last read" status can change there automatically because of that.
    Here, you only have links to websites with translations. Your status can only change to your last chapter opened using NU.
    If you open chapter of a novel using a link on NU (at least, from the reading list), your status will change to that release. It won't change further if you keep reading on translator's website.
    Example: You open c151 of novel X, using NU, but keep reading till chapter 180, your status on NU will remain at c151.

Zeckzen and runsing like this.
  7. Zeckzen

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that is a little problem, if we forgot that we have reqch chapter 180, we can only start checking from chapter 151 then?

8. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't clear your browser history, you can always check there.

9. Humsas

Humsas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would be faster just to check last read chapter in novel page.

10. Zeckzen

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometime i read chapter from internet cafe though... But most of time i read it from my phone thus ugh~ i have nothint to refute that

11. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    Clearly, you haven't read previous posts.

Let's say:
    1. I updated novel X's read status up to c150.
    2. I decide to read some more, thus I open c151.
    3. I wanna keep reading following chapters and don't bother going back to NU to get the links. I just click [ Next Chapter ] on translator's website.
    4. I repeat that... 27 times. I'm now at chapter 179, but I forget to go back to NU to change my last read release.
    5. Some time passes...
    6. I wanna resume reading the novel at where I left it...

Now read your reply and tell me how does that help me. (My last read chapter on NU is c151, while in reality, it's c179 - I should start with c180.)

runsing likes this.
  12. Humsas

Humsas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems, that i didn't get
    meaning and missed word "forgot" :p
    Maybe something like stumble upon top bar injection in the chapter page could fix this problem, but I think that is to difficult to implement.