Novel Updates Next Feature

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Tony, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, sorting is 100% by date right now and there are quite a few pages where things are out of 'order'. Not to mention when multiple groups are releasing.

2. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    There are multiple places for settings. This one is on "user profile."
    IMG_4151.PNG

"Enable Styles"

3. slimyslime

slimyslime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    multiple tags/genres search

DiabolicGod likes this.
  4. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it's one of the upgrades to the reading list you were talking bout but i have been thinking that being able to give different lists their own colours would be cool

5. dubfighter

dubfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well imo i would love a more advanced recommendation list like combining the recommendations with the review.

also chapter number always avaible in rankings

6. Meekh

Meekh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    I tried xd

7. Louk

Louk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A status on the novels that could be between "translating" and "dropped".

So you know if a novel you put on your waiting list has been dropped or not.

And if the novels that had once been dropped was taken up by another translator or not.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    TWINKLETWILIGHT likes this.
  8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Try using the reading list logs?

9. Meekh

Meekh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It shows it if you include it in your search criteria. For example, if you set "min releases" it will show number of releases. Try something like this (check filters I used). Although it could always show this info by default.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    zorigt_ankhbayar likes this.
  10. Moongod

Moongod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, maybe another background color, it is already blue for a long time. Something flashy

11. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just thought of something. You know how when you get banned, and mods makea convo with you saynig, "you be banned cuz of this reason and shit"? Well cant we be given access to those convos? Cuz like i got banned a few times now, but i can never see what it was i did wrong cuz i aint able to access the convo telling me what i did. Like maybe at least let the convos made by mods accessable to us?

TWINKLETWILIGHT likes this.
  12. Yipie

Yipie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't gone through the list yet, but I see a lot I do and don't care for.

IMO - The big feature "I" would like to see, is an option in account settings to turn all other features on/off and maybe a custom.

This way if people don't like a feature, they don't have to deal with it; while those who like it, get it; and those who think its the greatest thing since sliced bread, can get more of it.

Please keep in mind what this site is known for, and at its core makes it awesome. (Aggregation of translated novels, and easy navigation of them. IMO) So add all the features that you want too, but make sure to keep them 'out if the way', and the site remains easy to use.

13. Options

Options Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know how on the main page, the... err, novel updates... light up in green if they are in your reading list?
    Well, in case "I hate this novel and I don't want to see it EVER AGAIN!?!?!" happens, could you make it so those kinds of novels don't come up in the list at all?

Like in LiveChart, where you have three options:
    1) "watching", or on NU, "add to reading list" and the novels show up in green
    2) "considering", or on NU, you do nothing and the novels show up in white like normal (this is the default)
    3) "skipping", or on NU, "not interested" or something. In which case the novels don't show up at all

14. agent56

agent56 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about a refresh counter for each account to measure everyone "addictedness" to the site^^

sh1457 likes this.
  15. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    Suggestions description (comment) - because now there is no clue why that "novel" was recommended and there are tons of different reasons: it might be because it has similar vibe, it might be because protagonist has similar origin (travels back in time), it might be because it has similar world building etc....

Reply to Review: - now some reviews are biased and still has tons of likes because a lot of people agree with that bias and there were the ton of novels I didn't start reading because of those reviews only later to read and find that it was bullshit and somewhat of exaggerated or downright nonsensical.

Notes in reading list: - Some novels I put on hold, quit, etc and I can't remember why... some novels I have read ahead of translations and in both situations, notes would help a lot by letting me know which chapter or why should or shouldn't read.

16. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    An easier way to save, and recall what chapter you're on.

17. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks I needed this! (not really)

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    (One moment, let me write it out. Its a HUGE list)

19. Slaynbr

Slaynbr {Scholar} Asylum's Oji-chan |StormBringer| Ossan

Reading List:
    Link
    In the reading list, when we use the book icon to navigate to the next chapters, when clicking in the chapter link, would be nice if it opens in a new tab, and not in the same of the reading list.

Edit: I know that we can open in a new tab by right clickig, but (at least in my device) if I do that the list wont be updated to the referred chapter.

20. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tony
    if you don't mind can you do this as well:
    delete some novels, that doesn't have any single updates.

to make it simple, it got no chapters, but yet it is still saved in the NU system. ( somehow this seems like a hard work to delete these, since there are a lot)

well then, that's all i guess. and whatever feature you choose, at least make sure it ......... [ i wanted to say something in there in replacement for blank, but i forgot]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.