Recommendations Novel with True MMORPG/VRMMO

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ars Roccii, Jul 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ars Roccii

Ars Roccii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this kind of novel because the feeling of growth. But lately I'm seeing only novels about transportation in other world, rpg system in the real world, reincarnation with game element and etc

I'm looking for novels with focus in MMORPG/e-sport like The King's Avatar or the classic VRMMO like Zhan Long.

Please, nothing supernatural or cientific in the real world influencing the mc in the game. The more focused on pure skill player, the better.

Some Novels with this idea wich I've already read:
    • Zhan Long [Ok, it have some cultivacion but not influence the game]
    • Starting From the Zero [A very OP mc, but there are a nucleo about VRMMO]
    • Shura Wrath
    • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor [A title of curiosity, I'm the tranlator of this webtoon to portuguese =D]
    • Ark
    • Legend of Ark [Sci-fi but the system is...]
    • Others novels of Zhan Long's author.
    • Godly Hunter [In my Top 5, but the translation is very slow~]
    • Only Sense and similar novels [Well, the system of skill is ok]
    P.S. Sorry by any mistakes, because english is not my native language.

P.P.S. I accept suggestions about novels without translation, if I like using GT or Bing I will suggest to someone translate in the Novel Pickup Request.

2. Akabane

Akabane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. ramzawing

ramzawing 【The heretic】

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm...If you read Original Novels,World Online Gate or World Gate online it was something like this.But if you don't like random stuff popping out don't read.

It simply started like a normal Vr Game but then was KABOOM!

There also is Reborn in a corrupt world,*No chapter since months ago*.It was pretty good,but it seems the author stopped wiritng.

Ars Roccii likes this.
  5. xlefr7

xlefr7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emperor of Solo Play, or what I would like to call "The Anti-Social Gamer Emperor"

Setting is a VRMMO where not everyone is equals, there are certain people who have bodies that are better suited for VRMMO combat ie MC. MC get betrayed by his teammates because they want easy road to fame / money (driving lamburginies etc) and he refused so got hunted and started pking everyone untill he lost all his gear, down on his luck truck-san made an appearance and he went back in time to before he started playing and now he get's a new start. Instead of being a strong swordsman, he decided to raise an army of that wont betray him so he is a STR-style necromancer.

It's really good story with no flowers and just guy doing what he needs to achieve. No comrades yet as of latest chapter but just people he wants to PK..

Ars Roccii and idgetsxx like this.
  6. Salvation

Salvation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Salvation

Salvation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignore the last one. Not the genre your looking for

8. EpicJay

EpicJay <Nostalgia>

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd advise you read eye of adventure. It's an original novel in site by same name. It can be a little cringy at times but if you've read Only Sense Online that should be no problem. Also the cringy parts aside it has some great ideas in it and the 100th level barrier was very cleverly done

djsosonut likes this.
  9. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't Fear the Reaper (royalroad) VR. I nice betrayed to OP MC. I really enjoy the visuals and dynamics in this story. The first chapter is pretty weak, but after that I picks up nicely. Though the story has been on hiatus for over half a year.
    Dragon's Wrath (amazon 3 books) VR. Antisocial MC makes in how NPC community in a hardcore VR game.
    World of Valdira (amazon 3 books) VR. Great story, that can suffer from a poor translation. Or so I hear. I've never really had a problem with it. Well until the third book, but it's worth suffering through it. Recently bankrupt MC sells off his items and restarts his character to do a quest with a friend's guildmember. While waiting to meat her he ends up stumbling into an epic quest. Alot of real world and VR moments.
    True World Online: (royalroad) MC is a furry animal nut that joins a VR game to have fun. Genderbent. Epic fights.
    Clockwork (royalroad) - VR - Good story. MC falsely accused and tormented has a mental breakdown and is put into a VR game for trial rehabilitation. Robotic avatar. Clever, antisocial MC.
    Universe Online (royalroad) VR. Hardcore space survival. Interesting read. Though I fell out of reading it. Still plan to go back to it because it was good. Main character is playing a VR game, but because of he suffers a debilitating illness in real life he tends to go full immersion.
    No Longer a Game (royalroad) VR. Fun read. A NFL star quarterback gets paralyzed and restarts his life in new VR game. Yet another one that hasn't been updated for awhile.

Hmm..SInce you don't want anything scientific things influencing the MC out of the game. Not sure about these. They may be borderline for you:

The Way of the Shaman (amazon 3 books) - VR. Good read. Main character forced into a VR game to do time as a prison sentence. MC is doing time, so you never see him do anything in the real world.
    Gam3 (royalroad) Very good VR story in a dystonian future. Intergalactic wars are now fought in a VR world. I really enjoyed this one.
    Patch 17 (amazon 2 book) - MC forced into a VR world. His real-life body dies. First book was so busy fleshing out the world that nothing really happen, but the second book really picked up.

zedleeftw, Ars Roccii and Gold chan like this.
  10. OldManZangetsu

OldManZangetsu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Ice Demon

Ice Demon Arctic Demon Realm's Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
  12. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anyone say Alterworld series by D. Rus, yet?
    Well, there you have it.

Ars Roccii likes this.
  13. nguuuquaaa

nguuuquaaa 『Grade SSS Hentai Genius Supervert』

Reading List:
    Link
    Middle-aged man is NOT related to MMO. In what MMO can you find a casual with 2 hours gaming a day being the strongest player of the server?
    I drop it. The game community is full of dumb people, except, of course, our esteemed MC.

Kono Sekai ga Game da to, Ore dake ga Shitte Iru is not a VRMMORPG, but a "transported to game world" novel. But, the game world is amazing by itself, which is loaded with bugs and glitches like how a real game should be.
    Kasou Ryouiki no Elysion: a scifi VRMMO, MC is strong irl but the system held him back. Warning: contains some sort of incest.

14. FallenLife

FallenLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In what way is he the strongest player in the server? I see no indication of that, the game is purely base on skills you pick and how you use them, levels barely matter at all in it. 6 of the skills he picked are considered trash/useless skills .

15. nguuuquaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    He defeated Fairy Queen who curbstomped the very top PvP player.
    He the first one who completed soloing the new dungeon. Also given to the the question how the serious f* does he get enough damage to deal with the hidden boss.

What about those hardcores who spend like 12+ hours a day? They would have loads of capped skills by the moment the new dungeon arrived, so how the f* can he out-pace them?

16. FallenLife

FallenLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Fairy Queen knew the top player strategy, He used unconventional methods and combo with other skills most players don't get or use. Most if not all of the skills he used, weren't used for pvp combat.

For the new dungeon he mostly avoid monster as much as possible, and also he used those weird weapons/armor he created, for the boss I believe most of the damage was from the fairy spell he used, I would say those explosive potions did the other part of the work.

Remember you only get 60 mins in the dungeon, he skipped just about all the monsters and traps with those thief skills, which saved him loads of time. Those so called "hardcores" won't get thief skills if they are a warrior as they want as much damage as possible, and sure a thief could make it, but who in their right mind would want to go solo in the dungeon as a thief straight to the boss. Remember the MC created that character with the plan to play solo, which most of those other players plan to play with others.

Even with a high-end balanced party (unlikely to happen) they would have to fight through all 9 floors to reach the 10th where the boss is and don't forget they would have to rest after tough battles (you would want to save potions for the boss battle), which would cost them valuable time.

17. nguuuquaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, PvP is not about strategy, it's about coping with opponent. A "balance" build is better in PvP, whereas a "pure" build is better in PvE. Monsters won't dodge or feint so just spam DPS and dodge, while other players can ail/juggle/stunlock/... blah blah you to death. Top PvP players are more likely to have both magic and weapon arts skills. But of course people here are dumb so they won't do that.

Also you've clearly haven't seen enough hardcores. Take a look at Weed (LMS), he's the very definition of hardcore, and he deserves it. In online games, hardcores can be either monstrous or having unrivaled knowledge. Most hardcores DO have several skill builds for solo AND team battles. Also, most hardcore WILL solo the dungeon. Why? Because they are hardcores. Look, the concept of avoiding mobs to reach the boss is not new, take a look at PSO2, unless there are specific blockades to prevent that of course. And hardcores are really good at exploiting game mechanics.

Let me tell you how hardcores SHOULD do when a new dungeon arrive: some solo, some form parties several days before the dungeon, THEN go solo it.
    Casual won't ever has a chance in the first place.

There are more to hardcore online gaming than you THINK you know.

DeadlyBell likes this.
  18. DeadlyBell

DeadlyBell Sleepy

Reading List:
    Link
    this, 100%.

I used to be a hardcore gamer on quite a few games in the past and I can tell you that this is 100% accurate.
    I used to abuse invuln frames in games that had them even if they were less than a second, to dodge one hit ko's or stunlocks or any CC skills, had multiple builds for both pvp and pve as well. different skill loadouts and setups depending on what I was doing or what type of player I was fighting etc. even had multiple sets of end game gear fully upgraded or enchanted etc depending on the type of game it was solely for different things (pvp build specific gear to maximize setup damage or speed or other things, for raids depending on which dungeon, or even an all rounded gear setup to test the unknown.)

as for how willing I was to grind..... an example of one of the games I used to play(still do randomly every now and then) is mabinogi that game lets you do anything and has no level cap, last I checked I was around 13,500 ish total level in that game(granted I haven't been as hardcore on that game in recent years).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  19. Ars Roccii

Ars Roccii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks by all people o/

Beside the original novel made by "western people" I read the others recomendations :)

I don't like very much the original novel... I have a trauma [I'm not certain if there is the word trauma in english], because all the original novel I readed was stopped, enter in hiatus or simply took a way very bad in my tasty.

By the way, I'm try to read this original novels too o/

P.S. Anyone with novels about game carrer like The King's Avatar?