Novels and so on

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by raven, Sep 25, 2017.

1. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the first novel you read? How did you get to know about NUF?

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    My first novel was actually re:monster, but in a chat in my second (the slime one with rimuru) I've read about this place

Ignus, Astaroth and elengee like this.
  3. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You either hear it from a friend, get recommended a novel and after you finish reading that go look for some more and find NUF or rrl or one of the many sites that have erected since then

4. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    1 Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria i saw it on mal 2 i got bored with manga and anime so i decided to search for more novels then i found NU after a while of surfing nu i noticed the bar where there are threads titles and there was a thread about loli something which off course attracted me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and that was how i discovered NUF

Sherrynity likes this.
  5. Tsaimath

Tsaimath Otter Madness!

Reading List:
    Link
    The first?
    Probably some Astrid Lindgren novel, I was four or so
    And I "found" NU when it was founded and I was using bookmarks to check a dozen or so translations sites for updates. But it took me a year or three to make an account

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, i even ploughed through MTL for RE:monster since after chapter 100 or so it was a mess. First and last time i ever did that as i found this lol.

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    First would be Haruhi Suzumiya, then I stopped because I lost interest. But then I read Highschool DXD, expanding to other novels. Eventually read a comment about NU. Came here, didn't register until few months later.

8. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    First novel : goosebumps

Firs novel in nu : tales of demon and gods

9. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Baka tsuki sent me here. When I ran out of novels there.

Arumanfi likes this.
  10. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean my first eastern novel? It was some isekai jp one, don't even remember the tiltle anymore ;p it was one of those 3 stars rated.

11. jcgomez1

jcgomez1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first novel that I read was Red Pyramid. The first novel in nu was tales of gods and demons.

12. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    Douluo Dalu. I don't remember how I got here >.<

Ah first overall asian novel, hmm? I think it was Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei or something from Baka-tsuki.

13. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    JP novel but not sure which one

14. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord (LN) - I started reading soon after anime was aired and remember in episode 1 or 2 discussion thread on MAL there was comment how the novel was a lot more entertaining and poster even gave a link to translators website.
    and soon after:
    Mushoku Tensei (WN) - I read manga but it had only a couple of chapters, so I went looking or novel (after I experienced Overlord I was fine with novels)

That's pretty much how i got into reading novels.
    And now most of the time i prefer Novel>Manga>Anime.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  15. AshCrow

AshCrow LeeFromAsia

Reading List:
    Link
    My first novel was SAO but it never got me into reading novels. (Reading it was tedious)
    I then started looking for manga that were adapted from novels. I kept doing that until one day the site that I used to look for novels gaomanga.com shut down. I went to manga fox to get my manga fix but it never felt the same... I then discovered Arifureta got hooked! Like a gateway drug I kept reading day and night looking for novels at japtem.com where I read all of their novels... it was never enough. I noticed the "other sites" tab on the right and started clicking. It took me to other sites and like a hungry tiger I devoured all the novels. Keeping tabs was really messy to say the least and I had to make bookmarks on my browser... it was a nightmare. I went back to japtem and found a site called Novelupdates.com. The rest was history.

PS. I liked Arifureta at first but when the MC started collecting a harem... I dropped it like how a person with diarrhea drops his pants. Immediately.

16. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, how I got here you ask?
    My friend recommended me an anime and so I started to watch.... and a lot.
    But hey, the release rate of once a week was not enough for me, so I started reading manga, where the story was way further.
    The similar thing happened with manga. One time I found out that one of my mangas I really enjoyed was based on a book. And it was Tate no Yuusha.
    There I found a translation of another book: Konjiki no Moji Tsukai, which was at that time being translated by multiple translator sites. All of them were linked and so I browsed all of them for other novels. There in one comment section I founf out the name Coiling Dragon.
    With nothing interesting to read I tried it and came to wuxiaworld and finally there in the comment section I found out about the existence of novel updates.

17. Robofs740

Robofs740 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be Accel World for me. Then I read a couple others before finding Overlord. Afterwards, I went through all of the recommendations on that site and then the recommendations on the linked sites. Finally, I read a comment somewhere showing off someone's NU reading list. I didn't make an account until a few months later though.

18. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    TDG. I found NU about six months later from one of them F5 guys..NUF was a lot later.

19. RatingEmperor

RatingEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor would be my first eastern novel, I couldn't help thinking how fresh the concept was making it about a virtual reality game. From there I looked around a few similar novels , coiling dragon being my first foray into the wuxia genre. From Wuxiaworld over to NU and everything else was history.

20. fireclaws

fireclaws 『FA Sect's Hermit』 『Rice Bucket』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku Tensei (WN), can't remember how I stumbled across NU/NUF.