Recommendations Novels similar to Malicious Empress of Military Lineage

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ShadowkingMS, Aug 19, 2017.

1. ShadowkingMS

ShadowkingMS [Sheng gi’s Servant][Main Character Failure]

Reading List:
    Link
    Malicious Empress of Military Lineage is my favourite novel that hasn't already been completely translated. I like it for it's smart, cunning and independent FMC. But almost all ancient/cultivation novels with FMC end up with them having to rely on the male lead, and falling in love with them so much that they'd give anything to stay with them even though they are "viscous assassins, and emotionless doctors, who have hearts of ice".

I haven't found any novels that have an independent FMC(whether there is romance or not doesn't matter) that doesn't rely on the male lead outside of these select few:
    -Malicious Empress of Military Lineage
    -Ballad of the Desert
    -Song in the Clouds
    -Genius Doctor Black Belly Miss (has this currently cause the male lead usually isn't there, but from the way it's heading I'm 99% sure it will end up like the others sadly)

If anyone can recommend a novel with an independent FMC who won't fall head over heals in love for male lead for stupid reasons then I'd love to hear it.

2. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Etvolare's Bone Painting Coroner looks promising. When A Snail Loves is also good, the female MC doesn't have a heart of ice, but she can be a typical awkward girl. haha Etvolare have other interesting novels in their site, not exactly independent because they are often limited by their circumstances but still interesting reads nonetheless.

3. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
  5. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
  6. SuzyKay

SuzyKay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. IamSweetPotato

IamSweetPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Rebirth of An Abandoned Woman... But I believe this is more realistic. The MC has no op abilities and she simply wants to survibe. Try also Lucia (a Korean novel). Thousand-Face Demonic Concubine.. if you are into op one. But I highly recommend Lucia. A Mistaken Marriage Match : Record of Washed Grievances is also good. Chongfei Manual is also about rebirth

Jisiranni and digitalreader like this.
  8. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To Be a Virtuous Wife. MC transmigrates to ancient times and has no delusions that she can make the male lead only love her and not want a harem, so she decides to live as comfortably as possible until she's no longer capable of doing so. She doesn't easily believe in the male lead's confessions/devotions because he could change his mind whenever, but decides she'll treat him as well as he treats her. Great writing, I felt it had a lot of "show, don't tell" to it. Nice ending as well.

It and Eight Treasure Trousseau are similar and both good novels, but I personally enjoyed Virtuous more.

digitalreader likes this.
  9. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    Thousand Face Demonic Concubine

dryzzle likes this.
  11. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, the translator is actually Grenn! etvolare's owner of the site (volare novels), but she doesn't do Bone Painting Coroner.

For the OP @ShadowkingMS, I'd recommend some other volare novels like hmm...Reign of the Hunters (independent VRMMO player time-travels to past and re-dos her life) and to some degree, Doomed to be Cannon Fodder (she's weak but strategically so, and is perfectly willing to solve her own troubles, including
    escaping from a kidnapping attempt on her own in the future and helping with war strategies
    ).

And what the heck, I'll also throw you Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao, which won't be out until next week (August 25th) but features a female lead who's 1) physically stronger than the male lead, 2) outranks in him in official hierarchy (he's a military commander of multiple generals, she's....*coughs* currently the reigning emperor for Reasons), and 3) frequently has him chasing after her and her glorious (read: ridiculous) plans to beat the bad guys in the palace and etc.

I will suggest Poison Genius Consort with some reservations, because although the FMC wants and likes to do her own things, sometimes circumstances still work against her. Some readers find this frustrating, others are appeased by her personality to see how she passes through her trials (and she always does, after some struggling). YMMV~

Oh, and you should definitely check out Xian Wang Dotes On Wife too, the FMC and ML are both refreshingly calm and mature in that one. ;)

12. craftygnome

craftygnome Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vishaakha likes this.
  13. ShadowkingMS

ShadowkingMS [Sheng gi’s Servant][Main Character Failure]

Reading List:
    Link
  14. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, my bad. :blobpats: Let's support Grenn, everyone. :blobxd:

no worries. I also found a few gems mentioned by the nuffians here. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

15. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
  16. serial_sleeper

serial_sleeper Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. How can I register on xxsy if i don't have chinese phone number? I can't successfully register because of sms verification code. Please please help me. Thank you!

17. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Prabin

Prabin Member

Reading List:
    Link