Spoiler Nurturing the Hero to Avoid Death

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I made this thread for @scriptor and @kiara8 <3

The novel is yaoi (japanese)

pokes @LaDyViL , @krrizis @Toyo @Shem

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Alniyat, Sara0jan, mmem and 15 others like this.
  2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone wants more spoilers, let me know~

I binge-MTL-ed up to the latest raw lol~

3. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sits**Munches popcorn**watches thread*Where did I see this again?

Edit: I realize after I clicked the NU link. Yup found out about it through Villain Days

4. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    propably here ....since we have so many spoilers why not make a thread :D

Inland, kiara8 and scriptor like this.
  5. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I didn't! Thanks for the new thread for me to stalk.:D:D:ROFLMAO:

kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  6. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Which would you guys prefer?

1) chunked chapter summaries
    2) answer individual questions as they come

alexfilia likes this.
  7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    the first one :D ....we can ask questions later >.>

8. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Okee, I'll start writing them up when I start rereading tomorrow and after I update Scum Villain~

:D

9. DarkBlue

DarkBlue «Darker Than Blue» «Overlord of Sleep»

Reading List:
    Link
    The first one ~
    From chapter 1~?

10. krrizis

krrizis Runs Ainushi, Read18 & Chaleuria

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw and had a glance through the novel. So far, so good. Though it's not my cup of tea. T____T So much sugar.
    Though it might be because I started reading a lot darker omegaverse yaoi novels.

11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    It's sweet with a dark undertone (the dark undertone can be missed pretty easily). The hero (AKA ML) has a very dark background/history. It's influenced his character to the point he has borderline yandere moments that could possibly tip him into being a demon king in the future (at least in my opinion).

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Hero ---> Demon King? I'm looking forward to that

alexfilia, Ashley123 and scriptor like this.
  13. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Doubt he'll actually turn demon king though, because I'm pretty sure there's a legit demon king around already (2x demon king would totally doom the world lol). Still, hero-sama is a lot darker than you'd expect in some ways. It's like he's been teetering on the edge for a while and MC is one of the few people/things keeping him from falling off.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda like Who Dares Slander My Senior Brother?

15. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Part of the underlying darkness is that ML appears like a template hero (and actually is in a lot of ways) but he's got cracks in his psyche. Starting story is that he's a bit like a refugee (with good reason) and he only started to heal after arriving in the 'starting village.'

Meeting MC meant getting someone he can't afford to lose (he lost his whole family). You get this bad feeling about his mental state when you think about what would happen if he loses the MC...

Alniyat, mmem, Blood A and 8 others like this.
  16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapters 2-5 summaries (since Chapter 1 was released; chapters grow exponentially longer as the story continues...)~

-Lian (our MC) encounters brother's creepy bro-con for the first time. Being a sane person, he runs away.
    -he seems to have high-spec looks, because Lian smiles and people blush.
    -Lian is 12. According to original story, age 13-16 he goes to school in a neighboring town. Age 17, he returns home and helps his father with his work as a lord. Age 18 is when the monster invasion comes and wipes out the 'starting village,' including 'Lian.' The hero works at various jobs during that time span, helping out at the church, the ranch, making deliveries, etc.
    -Google-sensei translates the ML or hero's name as 'Alfredo' but it might be just 'Alfred.' Going to use Alfred for now because otherwise I'll keep thinking of pasta.
    -Lian comes across Alfred who is making the morning milk deliveries. He remembers this scene from the game's prologue and the bullying starts (Lian is under the impression that to properly 'tutor' the hero, he has to follow the original storyline). Lian's underlings push down Alfred and curse him out. Lian's bullying is verbal. It's... actually very weak compared to the abuse heaped on by his underlings. Alfred is angry. Lian cuts the bullying scene very short (probably didn't even take 5 minutes in real time) and he leaves with his underlings before things escalate. Lian is secretly wiping off cold sweat and feeling super tired over doing this.
    -Lian starts keeping a diary (written in Japanese) to record what he remembers about the original storyline, etc.
    -Lian is somehow conned into taking a bath with his bro-con older brother. This event gives him VERY bad vibes and he makes a resolution to never take a bath with his brother again (he recognizes there are incest flags and he's determined to get rid of them).
    -part of school is combat training. Alfred's there too and Lian beats him in swordplay. Lian has to establish himself as a rival for Alfred and have an unbroken winning streak in their spars up until the monster invasion. Lian makes plans. They are also taught magic engineering/magic tool creation and Lian takes a lot of interest in this.
    -13 yrs old start. Lian secretly cheers on Alfred in his heart but can't do anything more than that. Lian is getting less sure about winning the spars because Alfred is getting tutored by a former knight teacher for the school.
    -Lian visits the library a lot to research magic tool creation. This is purely his own interest and something he wants to do to prepare for the monster invasion. His magic quality is sorta average, unlike Alfred's protagonist stats. There's a book (not magic related, think it was a popular novel in a series) he wanted to check out but finds out Alfred has it. Alfred is dusty and beaten up with blood dripping from his head.
    -the blood gives Lian a big scare. His parents in his original world died in an accident. He saw photos of the scene of the accident (blood and all) and it gave him trauma. He feels vaguely nauseous and immediately drags Alfred to the bathroom and uses his own wet hankie to wipe off the blood while his hands shake. Lian takes out a white ball he made (basic magic tool) for healing wounds and heals Alfred's wounds. He also lectures Alfred on cleaning out his wounds before further healing. Then he realizes that *gasp* this is OOC! Also, Alfred's looking at him funny. Lian panics and makes a terrible save by saying this magic tool was a prototype and that Alfred just happened to be lucky before running away~
    -Alfred catches up with him later at a desk and gives him the last volume of that book he wanted, telling him he can borrow it first. Lian is super happy over the book and unconsciously smiles. Alfred's eyes widen. Then Lian runs away out of the library and laments how bad he is at acting. LOL
    -14 yrs old start. Lian realized that this world is very loose when it comes to romance -- gender isn't an issue. He beat Alfred again and there were both fangirls AND fanboys cheering for him. XD
    -Lian is sorta confused because his usual (acting) grandstanding and defeating Alfred isn't making Alfred angry like it used to. Alfred has an ancient bloodline (I think?) so when he gets angry, gold starts seeping into his irises.
    -Lian was so unsure of winning over Alfred that he had to get his father to hire a famous swordmaster to teach him. He also critiques Alfred's technique under the guise of insults (and you wonder why Alfred's not so angry anymore, lololol~).
    -Alfred's height finally catches up to his. Lian does a tsukkomi inside because Alfred will likely keeping shooting up.
    -Alfred gets closer. Lian thought Alfred was angry, but he was just going for his wounded wrist and healing it. Alfred admits he has a problem with his strength. There's some cute arguing as Alfred asks if Lian is worried and Lian denies it and turns away because Alfred's megawatt protagonist smile (TM) is getting unleashed on him.
    -Lian runs away again~

17. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    How old is the brother?

18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really sure. It doesn't get mentioned. He's older than Lian, though.

kiara8 likes this.
  19. insteadofdeath

insteadofdeath Faith

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the spoilers, seems like such a cute story so far.

So... The MC is basically a tsundere? I'm guessing after that blood incident the ML sees right through him lol~

20. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much. After this, the ML is sneaky and starts to find ways to draw closer to MC little by little. MC can't stop running like a scared rabbit since he's the embarrassed tsundere type.

Blood A, GhOStGiRL, swordfish and 6 others like this.