NU's Reading List (+Design Your Perfect Reading List)

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Tony, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Well it'd be cool if there was something I could click to go to the next chapter release after the last one I've read, rather than the latest. Why would I want to go to the latest if I'm tons of chapters behind? Geez!

iampsyx, Nazgand, asriu and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    It's already there though?
    IMG_20161223_130422.jpg
    IMG_20161223_130448.jpg

iampsyx, AliceShiki and Westeller like this.
  3. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    Personalize the colors? I would love that. Esp if I can choose what color each of my reading list is.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. Damn. Thanks for teaching me how to use the reading list.

sufod01 and AliceShiki like this.
  5. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree; that's what I do.
    For this, you could hide your "To read" list from the front page, or simply set an icon to the list so you can instantly see to ignore it.
    I know that there is a link to the last chapter read in the reading list, but I would prefer this link to the series page, and have it show the part of the chapter list that has last read chapter. This way I would easily be able to easily mark the chapters I read as read AFTER I read them. EDIT: Another option is to have a "Last Read Chapter" button on every series page, which would take you to wherever the check mark is.

Also, the "Latest Chapters" book could be great, but when you click a chapter in it, it automatically marks the chapter as read, which is why I do not use it, and plan to never use it unless this is changed. I only want a chapter marked as read AFTER I have actually read it, which brings me to my next change...
    When you add a novel to your reading list with the dropdown on the upper left, by default, it should NOT mark the first chapter as read; This way people would not need to make a separate "Want to read" list just to remind them that they actually haven't read the first chapter.

Other than that, I can't think of any changes I want; the reading list is already very good.

6. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it's the laziness in me talking @Tony , but I would like it if I received some sort of alert or something if a novel I add into my reading list reaches a certain chapter, since I like to stack up the chapters in most novels I read.

7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tony
    + See the avg rating for a novel on my reading list next to the novel's name
    + When I click on a title, redirect me to the page of my latest ticked chapter
    + Select All Function
    + Random novel reccommendation based off of the default reading list (so like it would look at the tags/lang/genres that the novels in my reading list have and reccommend smthng based off of that)
    + Have novels in multiple lists

Nazgand likes this.
  8. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    The perfect reading list for me would be like the current one, but with the "new chapters" indicator right next to the novel name; not in the opposite side of the universe.

Or use a different color for their rows, or for their names... or whatever method you want, as long as I can know whether a novel has new chapters without having to look more than 30px away from the novel name.

9. Cancel

Cancel Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you make the reading list be able to be divided into subgroups? I'm not talking about creating another list, but somehow divide the reading list into sectors, to differentiate between japanese, korean and chinese novel and if possible, label them with different colors.

10. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen some people with "Chinese", "Japanese", and "Korean" reading lists, which are simple to make.
    http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/reading-list-tutorial.3120/#post-146350 should show how to make the extra reading lists.

11. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    The perfect reading list for me would be that everything is automated. The categories are automatically created , which chapter I read is automatically ticked, what novels I read are automatically bookmarked.

I don't even need to touch my mouse at all.

That's perfect.

Joke aside, I'm satisfied with current reading list.

12. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Want just improve my lazy life a bit.. >.>

13. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reading list is perfect as it is. On the other hand, we could have more improvement in searching system. E.g: only include the novel from xxx list and or and and function

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the reason for not being able to have the same novel in multiple reading lists?

15. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a nice idea.

16. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like this, I guess. It would be helpful to distinguish novels in my to-read list.

Also maybe a personalized way to sort our lists? Like in my To Read List, instead of just sorting them by alphabetical/unread/latest titles, I want to put the most interesting novels at the very top by clicking and dragging them.