Discussion Opinions on Qidian Mega-merge thread 2.0 - All future Qidian Opinion Threads Will Go Here

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BabaNovac, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Like qidian?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2017.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. No

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    IN BEFORE MERGE~~~

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have any proof to back up your claim?

3. Theo Thanasia

Theo Thanasia Medicine Master

Reading List:
    Link
    atm I have prejudice against QI

4. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically they own the novels so why would the author get money?

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  5. Mystogrigen

Mystogrigen 「Clever and Witty Original Title」

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been stated multiple times on multiple occasions that most authors sign away their foreign publication rights, so almost none, if any amount of money would ever go to the author.

Besides insulting translators and editors with that small amount of money, the rest of it goes into Qidian's pockets.

6. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree, they should implement paid subscription, THEN I WON'T GONNA HAVE ANY REASON TO PAY THEM A VISIT.

Good enough for me.

Ahmadawad1 and SpiralGust like this.
  7. Daruda

Daruda [Heavenly Frog] [Grumpy] [Contemplative]

Reading List:
    Link
    If the community asks for it strong enough I don't see why they won't let the authors get a piece of the cake.
    They won't get less and have a better image in the world.
    No one refuse if you throw money to them.

8. Kahzel

Kahzel [Translator of pure fluffyness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Another QI pr stunt?
    Here look this is just for you:
    [​IMG]

9. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, yeah they should start with the paid thing. Less problems for us here in NU and NUF.
    Start the paywall then NU will remove them from the releases, then less problems and less spam releases xD

10. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't particularly like QI at the moment as I'm being forced to wait a few days to read chapters. Sure I could click the ads, and I have, but they don't work with Apple's reading view!

So no, QI should just revert back to how it was previously.

11. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pffft like that would work

12. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd much rather read on a pirate site than pay qidian, besides how much can assure that qidian will not go back on the deal and keep the money to themselves

13. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    I support your idea. Cause then it would be Pay Wall, and we could Banned QI and this fiasco once and for all.
    On another note, How much were you pay to say this? Are you part of the 50 cents army?
    ^ I honestly laugh at the "Qidian is still small". Let's remember some big claim from Qidian posts before about how they are "The Largest Platform In The World":ROFLMAO:

SpiralGust likes this.
  15. Acedia

Acedia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll probably end up like YouTube Red. As in not many people willing to pay for it.

16. Terepi

Terepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Before merge!

17. Drsha

Drsha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree if it supports the author or if they get a royalty for any translated chapters, however, qidian / china reading should be transparent And if needed update their contracts with authors to build up creditibility in international Market.

18. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you should watch the video where the authors tell you to read on webnovel.com because it profits them too.

19. Araska Mada

Araska Mada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I am here putting my last 25 cents...

it's surely not my problem I just want to tell the world that, this is how the world moves... by money

GT go to Qidian, and WW resist Qidian, Qidian itself is owned by corporation.. which mean... Monster that wanting MONEY....

Qidian I am sure it can't make a move like WW or GT, who have a boss or an owner, every step of QI is controlled by the People who have money and wanting more money... Qidian is forced to earn money...

GT goes to QI I think it is smart move, because the owner who build the GT from scratch at least can get something from what he had done for so long... public sentiment? Public sentiment can't give a better life for the owner ... it's just sentiment....

WW resist QI although I know WW can get better position then GT but WW choose to fight. The question is, how long will WW get hold.

1. The cooperation backing QI are now taking down or forcing webs around.. soon after they finished everything and solidify everything, grow bigger .. they will see WW as their main competitor, Crushed or join... if WW can't get some other cooperation that big enough to compete with the Cooperation which back QI, WW ending could be bad... we here fans supporting with our feeling.. people there, supporting with their money to crush everything....

2. WW maybe will get smaller, smaller and Ren, could be ended up nothing, or broke, or even somewhere like Jail... Corporation is suck... you don't have money, don't fight with them... Sentiment could give people regret...

3. Taking way out like GT is one of the smart move, make a way out before something bad happen or still have value... at least what he had done for years give him something back and make sure his future stable...

I just want to say people to respect every move which taken by the owner of GT, WW, or even NUF. They need to think about themselves too, what the best for their interest, following people sentiment, maybe good, or maybe not. Dream and sentiment only win in the story... harsh for reality...

The real enemy of GT, WW, or even NUF is not QIDIAN.... Qidian is just a slave too... The real enemy is a corporation that control Qidian.. the world itself which hunger for money....

I really do love WW, truly from my heart, I love GT and really love NU...

But deep in my heart, I know they are facing corporation big enough to destroy every of them...I just hope... they didn't ended up having nothing at the end.. Reality is harsh..

If I can speak with Ren, I will say, "You have done a lot for community, you have struggled hard, please just think about yourself too, we the real fans, only want the best for you.... the people pushing you here and there... they just want more drama, the real fans, will support whatever you do, just think about yourself and your future.... don't end up with nothing...."

For now everywhere is complete chaos, Qidian still growing... WW and GT already face the effect, soon, after Qidian stable and bigger, it will targeting his enemy real hard.. really legal action maybe...

Believe me, real world is really shit, without enough money, when you become the real target of the corporation, you only have two choice, 1. wasting your money on court.. 2. they will force you to keep wasting your money till you die...

What I want to say, if you people, find GT, WW, or even NU, to support Qi, I just want to say... "They need to survive too, they need a better future too, they just have not much choice..maybe if they want. they will love all the past time.. but now.. Big corporation already entering this field... Bigger monster and supported by people with real money..."

They had given so much for community, this time lets pray they have a better future and a stable one... if I can choose, I better asked them to join the noble with the real high noble people in the world... instead of being heroes to fight the noble with money...

But if somehow.. they really had made decision to be heroes to fight the worlds itself... I will be with them till the last blood... for now, I only think the best for them, not for me, not for the public... because I truly love them so much..

Zaltrhiz and Drsha like this.
  20. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely unacceptable if you take a look at their current behavior and translation quality, its not worth 1 buck a month. I would support a good quality high output service financially but the current QI? No way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.