Short Story Original Story - Illuvan Exceed

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Hazert, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Hazert

Hazert Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I create this original story 4 days ago and it's already have 8 chapter while the 9 is halfway there. I hope the start of the story doesn't have to much similarity to other story out there especially from chapter 2. Well, so far I can spit out 2 or 3 chapter a day and hopefully it will stay that way for a long time. No need to hear anymore from me so just read it and please comment any if you think it was worth your time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 1 - Meet the Angel

“Hmm…where is this place?”

It seems I accidentally come to some unknown place.

I keep trying to recall my memory but it is so fuzzy and I can’t remember anything.

“Welcome, Illuvan Exceed.”

At the voice calling me, I instantly turn to face the direction the voice coming from.

“Who’re you?”

There I can see one person standing, it has long silky blonde hair, her face is far beautiful than any other woman I ever seen and she release mysterious aura surrounding her.

“I’m the one who been given the task to inform you.”

She seems to be here by someone order.

“What sort of information?”

“Your special ability, I’m here to give you a chance you always wanted.”

Hearing those words coming out of her, I’m stunned then time seems advance slowly while I’m trying to understand what she meant.

Is it possible she know about it…

“Yes, I know about what you suffer all these years. Incidentally I also know what you’re thinking right now.”

Is she having some kind ability too, something like reading person thought?

“You guess correctly but this is not the only ability I have.”

“What!! You have more than one?”

She speak like it was ordinary matter but I never heard someone who have multiple abilities even someone who has only have one ability is hard to find among millions of people.

“Yes, we all were granted with basic abilities like these and some has rare ability equal to yours.”

“…..”

She saying there more people who have multiple abilities like her and even has shit ability that not lose with mine.

“Please don’t curse even inside your mind because I can clearly hear you.”

Then deactivate your mind reading, it’ll help both of us and save some of my privacy. I tell her that inside my mind.

“I refuse, while I can do that but it was not important at the moment so you just have to restraint yourselves for now.”

I can see her character is indifferent and clearly not care the slightest bit with the person she is talking to.

Like usual I should just brush it aside and accept it as I know more about her personality.

“Let’s get back on the topic, I will to give you the chance that you’ve always wanted but in return I have something I want you to do.”

“What is that something?”

I have foreboding that this will truly be difficult and maybe shave my remaining life in half.

“Don’t joke, clearly you don’t know and you don’t even care about that.”

That’s true; I can’t refute her word back even single bit.

“This task is not that difficult especially with someone who has rare ability like you.”

So it was definitely impossible for most people even if they have powerful ability. Yeah, it really is not difficult at all. *smirk*

She showing displeases expression on her face right after I think something like that.

“Hmph! You should be grateful that your ability can be some use instead loitering around like the living dead with nothing to do.”

This is really interesting. I should just speak with her through my mind instead of my mouth that can save some energy as you know we live in the world where energy is utilized with efficiency.

“Be more serious, cut the useless thought. Like I said I need you to do something which concerns you to be transfer somewhere else.”

Oh, this kind of pattern like some office worker who been transfer to far away region separate with his newly beautiful wife and then his boss will visit her from time to time with sexual intent in mind.

Hm? Should I marry some girl first before I accept this task and maybe I’ll receive some lewd videos being sent to me once a month?

“!!!”

Now her face is bright red, is it from anger or embarrassment? It probably both of them at same time.

“You! I told you to be more serious!! You even thinking of shameful things, you wretched being!”

She totally mad while in my defense I didn’t even utter a single word so this scene probably being seen by outsider like some crazy woman who lashed out without reason.

It kind amusing actually, I don’t mind conversing with her once in a while to relieve my boredom.

Some smoke can be seen drifting around her head. I score it now she was 100% mad without a single embarrassment to be found.

“Hmph!!”

After she shouts out loud, she is trying to regain her calm. I must prevent that because where the fun in that?

I’m still in the mood to tease her, against woman who seems intellect and prideful like her. It can’t ever be enough to tease her for a lifetime.

Now what should I say?

“You shameless man!!”

I didn’t even use any effort at all. I say this lady is having quite temper, she really is not used to adult talk. Well, her face appears more or less like teenagers unlike my initial impression of her which like a woman who have some years in experience while have youthful appearance.

Yup! She must be younger than me.

“I’m older than you!”

Few of the woman I met said that when they’re mad. I’m guessing they want to be more respected because they’re older or something. Seniority is a thing in the past, I mean who would use that reasoning to gain some leverage nowadays.

If they ever use that sort of things they’re bound to fail to be in the upper hand in the first place.

“Cut it out! Ahem…now let’s continue. I want you to transfer to other world and save some of many races which living there while stop the demon race gain supreme.”

“?”

Is it some kind of black people oppression like in the past but what did she mean by ‘Other World’?

She even said something like a ‘Demon Race’ sound pretty evil to me. Is this demon race slaughter other race or something that’s why she said to ‘Save’?

Can I terminate the entire demon race if that’s true?

“No, you can’t. The balance of the world will be disrupted if one more intelligence race than the present goes extinct. It was supposed to have more intelligence race in the past but now if even one race is completely exterminated, the disaster will befall the entire species in the world.”

That’s troubling; I wonder what sort of disaster will be trigged in that case.

“Anyways, the minority of demon race is still not condoning the act of slaughter of their demon race and stealthy spat out some info concerning their military movement in the hope other race survival.”

“That minority is your ticket to regain the control of the entire demon race so I hope you can gain their cooperation. In the worst case, you can kill more than half but try to get the job done by saving more lives in the process.”

So I only have cut the number of demon race in half. It sounds easy enough if they all look like chicken and such.

“Hey! I said try to get it done with less victim as possible.”

But didn’t you also say I can kill more than half. Besides it sounds like it’ll bring me more trouble if I did it like you want it to. You should be glad I accomplish it more or less.

“Hmph! So that was your character look like, defiant, lazy and a bully.”

I’m happy you notice me more, it make our relationship get closer. Maybe after this all done we can have a date somewhere you like.

“I would never go with you ever!!”

Well, it’s not rare I’m being rejected just the usual stuff. I’ll ask you again next time then.

“I said No! Anyway, after you accomplish your objective to take control the demon race. You can take the demon king bracelet and put it in offering place of temple ruin at Kirzirg. In there you’ll receive your reward after 24 hours.”

Where is that Kirzirg place anyway?

“You’ll know when you more familiar in that world. Do you have any more questions?”

When you talk about demon race it sounds like the fantasy stuff right out of novel. So is there magic in that world as well?

“That’s right. Your body and soul will be adjusting to the environment of that world and your body can contain mana while having some suited element to release your own magic. But I must warn you in your current body not familiar with mana essence, you’ll feel your body burn up from inside until the gathering of mana stabilized.”

Oh, it sounds cool. I can use some magic like in the fantasy novel. I should aim to create a natural disaster at the level of big scale tornado or earthquake.

“Oh, lord. Is it really good idea to send him? Wouldn’t he make things much worse?”

The woman utters such word in really small voice.

I take it I have to save some of the race there and at the end I have to gain control the demon race?

“Yes, you also will be given a little bonus for starter when you’re there.”

What is that bonus? Also where the locations you’ll be transfer me in? Make it so that I was close by so it’s easy for me to move in to save them.

“Of course, we’ll deliver you not far from the first race that’ll need your help and for the bonus you’ll know soon enough. I’ll give you some additional info when you first step into that world, around month later the demon race will start launching their second attack. This race is small population so if you can rescue a few hundred it’ll consider a success.”

What? I only have to save a hundred or so. Doesn’t that number close to annihilation of that race?

Is it really alright with such number of people?

“Yes, for that particular race its fine around that number but aim at 200 if possible. There’s problem with that race but I’ll cut the detail so you just have to save them accordingly.”

Now you’re making me curious, why can you tell me now? It’ll save me some trouble to find out why and it definitely can make me complete it more easily.

“I’m not here to make your life easier or more like after all you said to me. This is the punishment you deserve.”

So you just want revenge then, what a small minded woman, easy to have grudge, you’ll aged faster if that the case.

“Shut up! They tell me I can make my own discretion at how much information I can give you,it especially the case with a bad man like you. I think it’ll be enough just to tell you all the necessary information and nothing more.”

Alright as I’m kind to beautiful woman, I’ll just let you throw a tantrum and ease your heart with it.

“You are not kind, don’t flatter yourself!!”

Alright…alright sheesh! This woman is hard to please even though I don’t even give comment about her cross the line about invading my privacy through all the talk. She can’t even tell the goodness of my heart even with that.

“Doesn’t you make your own decision to keep talking with me without opening your mouth and only using your mind to speak!?”

Oh, right. That’s true; I didn’t realize it until you said it.

“Is now better then?”

“Whatever! I don’t care.”

See! She still mad though, I think she the type that’ll never satisfied until she can see all the dark secret of a person.

“I’m nothing like that!!”

“Then why don’t you deactivate your mind reading? Didn’t I agree just then to talk without using my mind, why are you still using it?”

I think she is interested in me and can’t help be curious to find out all about me.

This is precisely the suffering of attractive man. The women often hid their true feeling and pretend to be mad to gain my attention.

I’m such a sinful man.

“%&$#”

Like I thought she was blushing red with embarrassment (Anger) when I see through her.

“ENOUGH!!”

She suddenly shouts loudly and it’s making my ear ringing still.

“I better send you faster in case you’ll make me crazy.”

That’s right, if you spend some quality time with me. Of course, you’ll be crazy in love with me.

At the moment I said such word in mind suddenly the world start to spinning or more like my vision is distorted so much I can’t tell anything anymore.

The light is vanishing faster and the darkness envelops me in entirely.

Ah, I still want to talk more with her. What a shame! Who knows when I’ll meet her again?

As I wait calmly for the anticipated development of transferring to another world. I still think all the useless things I usually thought.

What will await me there?

Hard to accomplish mission? It sounds about right.

Despair? Why did this even cross my mind?

Another world beauty? I sincerely hope so.

The fascinating magic? I can’t wait to see with my own eyes.

While I’m imagining all sort of thing. Suddenly my vision catch some light, the scenery around me started to shape up into something I can’t even imagine. As I arrive into the unknown world.

Chapter 2 - Arrive in Another World

This is!?

Isn’t this mountain? On top of that I’m at the peak of said mountain!

What the hell!?

Why did she send me here of all place?

I could be dead right after I arrive, is that woman nuts?

Is this the continuation of her revenge?

The wind is so darn big with snow fluttering around this is more like a blizzard. I better get down fast or I freeze to death in this weather.

As I walk slowly keeping my step steady while the wind merciless trample upon me.

This weather is making me feel like I wear nothing on my skin. My clothes only a normal T-shirt and jeans, of course it won’t be useful in this weather.

My current equipment was a handgun and small knife tucked in my waist.

After walking for an hours in this weather, I’m feeling weak in the knee as I keep walking while my body feels burn out inside.

This feeling can’t be better or like worsening anymore.

The strength and stamina that I proud in the past seems useless in this situation. I can only walk and continue to descend from the mountain while curse the woman in my mind.

Not long after I can see something in front of me. It seems like some kind bear, it clearly a bit bigger than me. This animal stands on his two legs and seems aware of my presence as he turn around to face me.

That animal or should I say monster can only look like Yeti in my mind. Yes, the legendary monster which people talking about as rumor.

As I keep staring at it, dazzle by what I found, it starting to move toward me slowly. When it came closer, I can feel the pressure it exudes from his mere presence.

I feel danger inside my mind as I slowly retreat few step while stare at the Yeti coming to me. What should I do?

If it is a bear I can pretend dead but it clearly not a bear beside even if it looks exactly like a bear this is another world that knowledge probably won’t be much use.

Usually animal in this case a monster will chase me if I run away from them. That kind of act will bolster their confident that I was a mere prey to them.

In this situation I should just make threatening gesture and try scaring them off while making a loud voice, I guess.

I better ready my gun just in case for a battle but I hope it won’t come to that. My bullet is limited; I only have one more cartridge for a backup. After that there will be no more use to the gun because I can’t buy anymore bullet in this world.

The Yeti like monster keeps coming as I’m done making plan in my mind. I take a deep breath and put up both of my hand as high as I can while I yell at him to scare him off.

“!?”

The Yeti looks surprise and anger flashing in his eyes.

Oh, no! This is not working and it even seems making him mad. The monster quickly speed up and rushing at me.

I bought my hand down and quickly reach out for my gun and aim at the approaching monster. The loud sound coming from the gun spitting out two bullets is being drowned by the roar of the Yeti.

As the distance between us is less than ten meters, the two bullets are accurately drilling a hole in the monster body. The Yeti come to a sudden stop while crashing to the ground, snow scatter and his roar has a hint of suffering into it.

I watch as the monster bleeding in his left shoulder and his right eyes no longer functioning because of the piercing of the bullet. Suddenly the monster let out loud threatening roar and it echoing in high places like this.

I am panicking as that sound more like calling his companion than threatening me. I pointed my gun fast at the monster trying to finish him off. I sent one more bullet right at his head and he finally stop roaring.

Did I make it? Will that prevent his companion to come?

As I’m trying to calm down and think the next course of action. I can hear a sound in the distance, it sound like something coming here in a rush. From the sound they are coming from three directions, one of them from 10 o’clock, the other from 1 o’clock and the last one from 2 o’clock.

This is bad, the situation coming to get worse.

I got to make a run for it while they still far away, luckily there doesn’t seems much noise from behind me. Stretching my leg I pump them full of energy to make a dash avoiding the direction that hard to step on.

As I keep running, the sound catching up start to get closer. I try to push my leg even harder but in my current condition, it probably impossible to run as fast as usual. Didn’t they all say when your life in danger the potential of human will bring forth unimaginable power? I need that power now, why didn’t it come out yet!?

Chapter 3 - Chased at Snow Mountain

Even after dashing for few minutes, I still can’t shake my pursuer.

“Damn!”

Did all of these monsters have a good hearing even in this blizzard that they can hear my footstep or they have good nose for smelling things. But still I can’t stop running and hiding isn’t good idea either. These place don’t even have good hiding spot only a rough terrain with rock and mostly snow, I can’t even find a cave even then I’m guessing the cave will be their base or nest.

While I run sometimes I take a quick look behind me to track my enemies. Now, I can clearly see a shadow coming closer to my position.

“Oh, Shit!”

They coming what should I do now?

They’ll be able to jump on me in less than a minute. Should I fight them now? But the shadow looks much bigger than the Yeti I killed last time and there are at least 3 maybe they have more in the rear.

“!?”

What!? This is a cliff, a dead end. I’m totally screwed now. I stop just dozen of steps from the cliff in front of me as I turn around facing the monster.

“”“Rarrrghhh!!!”””

All three monster growl at me exactly at the same time, I keep my eyes straight at them while thinking a new plan to escape. Not long from behind the monster I can see two shadows coming over and also more sound of footstep rushing.

Fighting them isn’t feasible plan when I look at their number keep increasing while I have limited means to fight. My condition is also a problem with my legs weakening from walking and running in the damn weather.

I can only decide when I see the overall situation. For now I want to see my chances over the cliff as I slowly retreat behind a few steps until I took a quick look below.

The height is still far too high; it’ll be dangerous to jump from this altitude. Even though I peek only less than a second but I still see some hope at the corner of my eyes.

While I turn my attention even for second, the other two Yetis managed to arrives only few meters from the one in the front. I can at least see their size more or less the same than the other three, this is really bad.

Why did their size at least twice from the previous one I killed. Don’t tell me it’s just their child who I killed back then. No way, even with size that big it stills a kid. What the hell I’m end up with, more like why I didn’t manage to scare him then?

Is it possible that child know no fear? Right, I remember even human child these days hard to scare with. That’s why the movie producer having hard time to make horror movie and they rather choose to make movie to scare the adult.

“Damn those children!!”

I curses at the unreasonable things in the world but it end up backfire on me. The monsters see it as a sign to launch their attack. Their rushing is a little bit faster than the dead small (Big) Yeti.

There’s no time! I take my gun and take my position while aim at the one who is closer to me.

Do you think I want to fight?

Hell no!

I just want to test something first before I make my escape. I focus my attention straight at front watching the only bullet I shoot through penetrate the closest Yeti.

“!?”

Just like I thought that size especially that fur look more solid and hard than the one before. I was aiming for the head but it looks like only the head of bullet barely made it through. The penetrating power is still far from sufficient and the bullet only looks stuck in the head as the Yeti cry in pain.

Even with one of their comrade down, the closest two keep dashing at me. Deep anger can be seen in their pupil as they ignore one of their fallen companions.

“Uooohh!!!”

I run a few step closer to them and quickly turn around heading straight to the cliff ahead as I adjust my direction a bit to the right side.

Then the jumping moment soon arrives, as I can see the ground below still far out reach.

“Aaaaaahhhh!!”

This is at least height of 30 floor building; just don’t ask me the specific number. I never do this before so I can’t count it precisely.

The winds keep striking at me ruthlessly as I stare at the direction where my hope lies.

“Fuuuuhhh!!”

Go!

Control your fall forward, keep focusing!

Clear your mind and adjust the body posture forward. Just a little bit more distance!

“Arrrrghhh!!!”

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017