Paladins

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by idgetsxx, May 27, 2017.

1. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There's so much i want to retort here.
    First this thread owner just asked about anyone who played paladins, not asking a favor to bullshit it and advertise overratedwatch.

Second he/she is asking politely, and some people just came and spam unrelated games while not even answering her politely.

Just so you know, i bought ps4 pro, ps plus, and overwatch, all by myself, my own money, JUST to play overwatch ONLY, and still prefer paladins. Now are you saying paladins player are poor? Nah overwatch player asked their parents to buy it for them, spoiled brat isn't?

Nah after the new update, fernando becomes flanknando. So people are using him more frequently. And healer are getting more easy to use, resulting people to use them. As for me, i use Maeve as main, and seris as second main, ruckus if people need tanker.
    If you played on low level games thats what you get, but on a high level (40+) games people tend to use 2 tank 1 healer strategy.

I dont know if you're criticizing the games or crediting it. But i got money and i bought overwatch, but prefer paladins. Overwatch community is too toxic. Especially girl player on overwatch, they're super toxic and cant even compromise with another girl, trying to show all the guys that they're the best girl there. Wth just play just usual is enough, nobody gonna be killing them for being noob. Everyone started with being noob after all.

Bunbun3 and FernwehDesu like this.
  2. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ign: kur0aoex
    If you added me do tell me you're from NUF okay

3. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    never assume age unless it's really obvious or else you get what happens here when you call a 20-year-old guy who bought the game with his own money a spoiled brat.
    apart from that, your other points are odd because it's sayying how you have disposable income and decided to play the game that copies another and only begun to get its own identity.

4. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to make my self clear, im complimenting the game, and criticize its comunity. Then again, it cant be helped. It's an ftp game, everybody can join, even kids (not that a ptp game have no kids in it, but well, its free, you know....). Its a problem that happened in every simple ftp game (a game that seems simple at a glance without minding its mechanic). dota, lol, smite, dirty bomb, warface, you name it. it really is surprising to see a free game with civilized and immersive community (i.e. warframe, warthunder, and deviance, which is surprising.), especially in asian server (believe me, most asian players can be really really toxic even if you treat them respectfully)
    now, back to topic. i think both game, overwatch and paladin, are great game. both had their own pro and cons, and even though similar, each game had their own unique points (such as buts n curves in overwatch, and cute characters in paladin). even if im suck at aiming, there are many thing that could compensate it, due to the nature of the game where team play is what matter the most.

now, i have a question. can you meet up with a player who plays on different platform on a match? like PC player with PS4 or XBONE? crossplatform? is that what its called?

5. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hey its whats called as sarcasm.
    He said that he have money so he played ow, so we can definitely deduce that he's assuming people without money would be playing free to play games like paladinsm

And also not everyone who bought a game is 20 y/o or bought it by himself. And i am not saying it particularly at him either.

And about my point being odd, well maybe i didnt put it correctly, but what i means is that i bought all of that shit just to play ow, but before that i tried paladins just to see if overwatch worth my money (due to people been calling paladins as ow copy), confirmed that it might worth my money, bought all those shyte, and can't even play 5 hours straight without yawning, confirmed how baseless those copy/ripoff claim, and lastly back to paladins because i can even forget to eat for whole day when playing it.

Also you call it a game that copies another, when that copied games also did the same (tf2). Its what we call as trending, era of such games, or genre and such. Its not copying anymore, its how creative they can be. If you think one particular game invented an original ideas, then you must never been on the production or developer side.

This what happens when you assumes something is copying others without proper check and research.

How nice of you. Yes i also think both games are great. I played both games. In overwatch i mostly use tracer or junkrat, in paladins, maeve and seris. I just inclined to play paladins much more.
    Just to note, i am no pro at all. Just a level 47 (currently) in paladins, and in ow, i forgot.

For your question, nope.
    In paladins (and even overwatch), cross-platform cant be done EXCEPT console (ps4) with another console (xbox). and even if it can somehow be done, the developer and company will never allow it. This is due to console having much more difficulty in control than pc, so being a non-crossplatform will result in more fair play.

Also, pc game pace have always been much more faster and hectic than console, and much more accurate aim due to having mouse. But it is said that if you're really good in aiming using console, then when you tried the pc you gonna be even better at it, though you might feels like the pace of the game is way bit too fast.

6. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the game, i could say they are on par with overwatch, the other mechanics are great, loved the grass mechanic and many heroes can easily flank enemies (in overwatch, 80% of most game are going clash headon in non pro games, no tactical flanking or stuff like those), altho paladins is pay to win, and lot of complains:
    ->no hero roster cycle just default free heroes,
    ->locked heroes are needed to be grinded but if you have money you can "buy" it
    ->the worse part is locked heroes are awefuly much more op than free heroes
    ->some locked heroes can only be countered by another "locked" heroes. fuck.
    ->cards are grinded to unlock or you can "buy" it to unlock
    ->bomb king is unbalanced, sticky bombs that sticks to players as default weapon are unbalanced as hell
    ->torvald the bald guy have armor that is higher than hp and can be replenish almost immediately, tank as fuck and holy shit that ult. unbalanced.
    ->not user friendly, trust me i registered 4 times just to successfully create an account, and after loging in game, i have no idea how to start a game.
    everything on your initial screen is immediately them marketing their "skins and cards and heroes and shit that cost money"
    ->they have business model in early access aka OPEN BETA aka, testing period AKA why the fuck would you put store on a beta game when it should be free cuz we are testing it.

went back to overwatch, stopped playing because greedy devs and unbalanced game... its fun tho, but lost the motivation as i play more.

GIGANTIC however is awesome as hell, a new alternative to paladin which by the way is too unique to compare to overwatch

its like a copy of many games, but yet unique, its so familiar but its so new to you.
    you should check it out, its also f2p and business model is skins sale only.

Havisu and Vrethalya like this.
  7. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    definitely gonna try

Havisu likes this.
  8. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    seen the beta, its different from before, you can look it up on youtube vids, they massively changed the gameplay after overwatch.
    :p

9. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Woaaa woaaa stop there.
    I have to retort every single biases you said there.

Its not PAY TO WIN game. In fact, most of it's player dont even pay a single cent to it.
    Why? Read below:

In paladins, the locked hero meant the new hero, one that are not in the initial release.
    Also, the locked hero are mostly not op at all (except for new one because they need time to be balanced), because if you know how to play the free hero, you can win easily. Take for an example, fernando. People been calling him flanknando because a good fernando player will use him as a flank. Skye is also free and at the same time OP as f against most of the flanker if used right with her invisibility skill. I main maeve and seris, both are not free and most of the times fighting against a good skye will make me dead, every, single, time...
    Well against a newbie i can rekt them every times they respawn, but against good skye player i got rekt good.
    Also, about Bomb King, he already been nerf, so he's not that OP anymore. In fact, even before the nerf, even a low health flanker like maeve or skye can kill him easily.
    And now there's 3 free champions rotation for every week (or is it 2 weeks?) So that people can try them and if they like them, they can buy them with gold later on.

And NO, the dev is not greedy at all. I swear to god, since i started to play paladins, i havent used my money at all for anything related to it. In game currency can be grinded, like, super easily. Its not because i am good or anything, i am a noob and people who see my gameplay might even laugh at me, yet i can easily grind the gold.
    Even now i have a lot of gold, and i dont know what to do with it anymore.
    And some of the skin can ONLY be acquired in certain event, and after that its locked and will never be able to be acquired anymore.

In paladins there are 3 types of currency
    - Gold (for unlocking champions, buy skins, loot chest)
    - Essense (potion-like thing) (for buying skill cards, legendaries)
    - Crystal (for buying buying skins, boost up exp and gold, loot chest)

If you play the game you can get the gold and experience depending on your achievement.
    When you level up either on champion mastery or total level mastery you got either gold or loot chest. If you opened a loot chest and got the same stuff you already got, that duplicate will be changed to Essense. The only thing you need to buy with real money is crystal, which practically can only be used to buy premium skins, boost your exp and gold and daily crystal.

Yes you read it right, YOU GOT GOLD, ESSENSE AND CRYSTAL for login everyday. You got gold for the first three day, for the fourth til the sixth, you got essense, on the seventh day you got a bit crystal, then it cycle back to gold. The days are counted by continuously login.

You who blaming the dev for being greedy are the one being unreasonable here. People been playing paladins without using even a cent of they pocket money, yet here you're saying its "pay to win" game, whereas even if you pay, level up to super high level and stuff, it still doesn't change the champions, their skill, and your skill.

In fact, if you pay and get to 100 and above level, then lose to some level 20 player, aren't that gonna be super embarrassing?

Also about it being beta. They got closed beta and open beta. I am a newbie programmer and even i understand why they still put beta in their game, because it's unbalanced. You wouldn't be calling an unbalanced software as stable version would you? And if you wanna have TOTAL FREE, UNLIMITED all type of currency, they got PTS (public test server) where every card, champions, and skins, or everything are basically free of charge.

Your statement can only happens if either you
    - didnt play that much of it
    - are an overwatch fanboy
    - didnt do proper research in it
    - only here to bash, just like most of toxic overwatch community

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  10. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp am I the only the person who thought this thread was referring to the text-based game book style Android app?

11. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    hey there played the game quite a while ago, invested as so much as 20 or 40hours during its peak popularity period, which had then an update came where the devs gone greedy

ive seen the close "alpha" , no doubt its soo less like to ow, farfar less

seeing the update changes and nerf glad it happened already

but have u see my difference in my statements of the game over the new updates?

proves that ive been playing earlier than you
    and experienced firsthand the period where
    "community had been asking for months a balance change, a nerfing to op heroes, the useless fernando and p2w model(cards have stats modifier and higher grade cards that gives much more addons than your free default cards)"
    and what we got for that 3 or 4 months are new skins, new hero and buffs
    just new everything in their "store"

and there are no free hero cycle at all

the mine gameplay is exploitable too, and cant be won without doing that exploit, it had been there for ages, dunno about that now though

and inmentioned earlier "you can grind or you can buy"
    guess ur hotblpddness didnt read that and totaly ignore the statement that meant u can definitely not spend ansingle cent and unlpck things, but hey
    ur too narrowminded and just wanted to point out something obvious so you can have a last say

youre a programmer and understood the cycle of developement period?

guess what?, ive worked on a gaming company as a programmer , although what i worked on isnt a triple a game, but my colleagues did
    and the developemt only takes about a year, doing it in two is over extending(and un profitable)

paladin is at third year now i think
    for a large company, thats too much for an excuse

guess what"they used the early access label so they can gove excuse to those game breaking bug on this competitive game"

sheesh
    ive played the game, enjoyed it (i mean i was specific on my description) and disliked the management

guess that criteria makes me an overwatch fanboy boohoo

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  12. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so you're programmer and you've seen the alpha, so what of it? Proud that you're there playing it before me? I think i've said something along the line of "i am a noob". So does that makes you good? Nope. I dont know and i dont care. But from how you've been ranting how useless fernando is before, its seems you just not good with him. Also, exactly because you've been there before me you should've know that they're improving each updates. And why would you use your early game experience in the first place, if its not that significant anymore or already fixed one?

And after reading your statement again and again, i still cant see how you'd say dev are greedy, when :

All card and legendary can be bought, even with essense, no real money is need, at least, not anymore. And yes card have status modifier, that what they are for after all. Rich people can do it, poor people can also do it, no money needed.

No free hero (champion) cycle? Fixed on OB55
    Unbalanced champions? Fixed some each update

Also sure i can say i am a programmer, but thats why i am saying even as a newbie programmer, i can understand why they're extending their open beta. Its an open beta so of course anyone can try them, and its up to them if they want to extend it because its still unstable. And what these things have to do with how long other games did their beta?
    My point is that even as a newbie programmer, and even people who didnt major in IT can understand the reasoning, so why cant someone who should be a "veteran" not understand it? Again, would you call an unstable or unbalanced software, a stable software?

Guess you also didnt read my statement quite well, i am saying "if" statement at the end. So if you're triggered because of that, maybe you're really one of them? *wink

Oh and spending 20-40 hours on it not that long tho, the newbie me who played it just recently, unlike you who seen the alpha, already passed it after all. :/

So where the hell should the term of "pay to win" be put in this game?

13. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    You said ur a programmer and then implies you know more than me in development,
    but now ur just retorting at your self LOL.

in all my comments its clear as a day my issue with this game is the management, but you're too short sighted to notice that,

so we have to "ignore the fact" that the devs ignored the community for a correct update?
    heres what i've been saying that you kept ignoring
    >updates are only about filling up their store, and new heroes
    >where next updates are only about buffing/tweaking the new hero, and filing the store that is related to that new hero merchandises
    >they did not fix the game breaking bugs for the last few months, specifically that shitty mine coop gameplay that no one wins unless you knew the exploits (the only map where fenando is the most useful hero, without him you'll lose 90% of the time)
    >that all happened during the second year of their game
    >when you start a launcher with lots of advertising their merchandise appears, and when the game start up, the window fills up the space about their merchandises and "pricetags" of their stuffs
    non of the class based shooter ive played did those, maybe tf2, but it's just a line up below the screen of new items in their store, not the entire whole page
    >it's obvious by then what are the devs intention
    lemmi ask you,
    are you the kind that when you played a game, you buy something with real money? because i hell want to start my game with
    start game button on my screen and no other unnessesacry stuff, i went there to play, not to buy
    but the devs thought otherwise...

cant you see? im not baseless on my claim of greedy devs?

tertet.png
    Ohh yaa, im totally biased in overwatch, i mean that's the ONLY classbased shooter game ive played, and played most.. yup,.. yup .. no doubt about it,

sheesh maan ure biased than i am,
    i mean ive been ranting how devs arent doing it correctly and their poor management, i did mention how paladins are on par and praising how unique mechanics are, which i beleive that couldnt be used or copied by overwatch, and here you are, thinking i was attacking your FAVE game. sheesh.

hey, have you thought what pay to win means?
    "buying an advantage in a pvp game play" that's one of my meaning, but everyone's meaning could be similar to that
    and hell im pretty sure a rich level 1 new player
    and a f2p level 1 new player

and let us say they are actually good and they have same level in skills,
    guess wholl win?
    the one with the advantage...
    duh

PS: in the end, the game is better, (maybe because dev noticed the crisis in playerbase drops due to their thick skull not listening to us) but the devs? dunno man,
    i dont trust devs that never care

Havisu likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I'm interested now, do tell me more Arc-chan!

15. episod3ux

episod3ux Azuka's Sole Nii♐Azu's Saint♒Azuka's♐(\_/)Pillow

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah hey its not like i am being biased, i am just trying to understand how you blamed the dev.
    And now i understood how. From advertisements. Sure not many games did that, but hell no way would i buy something because of that. And imo those advertisement arent that annoying to me.

And now i think maybe because you're the type to open the game and just click to play (at least that what i understood from your latest statement) you not gonna like this game that much. I did the same when i am below level 15. I played maeve, which can be killed like, 3 shots from most of damage and she died just like that, until level 12, without even knowing about all those card except items that can be bought when ingame using credit. At first i think its pretty hard to customize, but when i grew on it, it became my new hobby to try new deck build and test it on casual game.

For your question, no im not that type of people. I can buy, but i wont do so if i dont absolute need to. For example, currently i seriously wanna buy Pubg because how interesting it is, even though its old and i mighy not play it that much. But no, i wont, at least not yet.

And yea i know what pay to win means, and thats why im asking, where the hell people who paid in this games got their so-called advantage? I dont know about the past nor do i care, but the current one doesnt have anything that makes any player more advantageous than other could be. Everyone can buy any cards now. No need real money.

Now im gonna skip most of my retort, because its exhausting.

About how updates only got new champions and skins but no bugs fix etc, i think that because they got their own department. For example champion design department, maybe skin department, etc. But yeah for the champion balancing seems like instead of looking at complaints, they took priority in the number of player and hours of who used that champion. If the player who use it and the hour of certain champion dropped and instead went to other champion, might be because the champion need some balancing or something like that. Maaaybe something like this. Also, i think if they're proper, good company they should have their own manager or management departmant right?

The last time i worked on certain company, we as dev can't do shit without them giving us their consent. They control how we work, if we're not good enough, maybe they'll hire another dev and fire us instead, leaving only the pioneer of the project. So instead of blaming the dev, i blamed the management. I always do. No matter in any company, if the company looks shit or people complaining about the game, i will always blame the management department, not the dev themself. Even if the dev is bad, the management side should hire new dev or do the outsourcing, or the mostly needed to be tripple checked, their timeline. These managers only care about how good their timelime is for them, but its hard to find the one who care for the dev.

And so i dont think the launcher with advertisements is totally dev ideas, because its just gonna make them have more works to code it, even though it might be easy. So it might be mostly from managers idea.

So the conclusion i can give from here is, i understand your point of view, but i dont agree with it being pay to win, and instead of blaming dev department, i blamed their management department.

Btw this is not really my fav game, im not really into shooting games that much, im more into open world games, like skyrim, dark soul, or even minecraft lol. I only played this game like, 2-7 hours a day, whereas my fav would be more than 10-15 hours a day. The reason why im retorting is because i dont see where my money would make me stronger than free player in paladins, because i also hate that kind of games. Sorry if i sound harsh or make some stupid accusations.

wtfkjp likes this.
  18. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    i apologize too if i had been to hard on words, it did trigger me calling me toxic, and comparing me to overwatch toxic community,
    honestly those guys are the worse, they are the type where even if you're carrying the game, they still blame you for being shitty despite them getting silver to no medals and you have four of them. and not only you got your rank drops, they still blame you for it.

eitherway, even in triple A game, there arent department for certain mechanics or stuff,
    altho there is sound engineers dept, programmer dept, designer dept and ,ui and script dept[aka the game director/team leader] (also the unrelated pr and web dev dept)
    in my previous job, they ussually only task 1 or 2 people of each department to build a dev team for that certain game,
    we also had 2 or 3 ongoing maintenance game (per person) and 1 or sometimes 2 ongoing unrelased developement game while at it
    so cant really agree that a department did their part of update first so they released it first,
    its rather only the programmers of that team who can compile the whole thing aswell integrate the changes ingame,from same team

so it's rather easy to say it, they neglected the community cries and our priorities, or rather they heard it but cant do anything about it until team lead says "go".

but i agree with the fact that they are only following the management and they are not to blame,
    i guess you got me there, i felt bad thinking about it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Havisu likes this.
  19. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    True true. In fact i do feels like the champions balancing should be the most easiest things to do, since all they have to do are just changing any champions attribute value in the codes. Unless they're doing major changes to the champion itself like complete skill changes, or completely changed the card effects and types like the one they did yo ying before (if im not mistaken) or anything that require them to code from the scratch.

But in the recent update (OB51 if im not mistaken) they tried to improve the games from cheater by implementing EAC, which in a sense, only can be effective against newbie cheater, and instead can potentially pose security threat.

My friend said this happens when the game is free, people can just make a new account, use cheat. Even if they're banned, they lose nothing, and can still make another new acc. Meanwhile, pay to play games would make people hesitating from trying to use cheat in fear of being permanently banned from the games, which would means they lose the bought game. Make sense to me.

20. Eruxol

Eruxol Du-sollst――Dies irae

Reading List:
    Link
    i play overwatch, and the toxic community makes my heart stronger each second i spend my time in this game.

VixenKiss likes this.