Discussion Path of Exiles

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by branislavs369, Aug 5, 2017.

1. branislavs369

branislavs369 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there!
    I played PoE a little bit around November last year and i liked it, there were just some problems i had that caused me to stop playing after 18 hours.
    Now that the new update came out that changed one of the biggest problems i had with the game i would like to ask people here that probably know more about the game about some problems i had.

I am a person that when i see a map i have the urge to completely unveil it, and i did that with every map i was on in this game, the only problem is that sometimes i would go back to a map that i have already seen all of it or just go back to look at that last tiny bit i haven't seen and for some reason the map changed, new monster appeared, new quest giver came and i was just pissed because i had the feeling that i will miss or have missed something really cool without me even knowing about it. Why is that happening? Is there a reason for that ? Can i somehow stall that or find out when it happened to a map i already was on ?

They changed the way the game was played - after completing the 3 chapters you would just do everything again in a higher difficulty and even though i wasn't even near the end of my first round i just knew that i would not want to do all that again and they changed it! Now you have 10 chapters in one difficulty that goes up (when i understand it correctly)

So what do you think ? Do you play this game ? Do you like it? Does anyone know the answer to my question about the maps ?

2. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I like it a bit.. I stopped due to the map issue....

3. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    I know how you feel... its killing me. I am someone who can play a game meant to be played for 10 hour a 100 hours just because i have that urge to see everything that the developer has build into the game. If i somehow could i would unlock the whole skill tree just because i want to see what everything does.
    And for someone like me that map "problem" is like shitting all over my discoveries...

naghi32 likes this.
  4. naczac

naczac Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoy the game, although i never really managed to get to the endgame content (the maps that mobs drop). With the new update I will probably play again. As to your question, maps refresh if you leave them for around 15 minutes, if you want to stop it just return to the map before that and timer refreshes. I doubt you've missed anything though, since all the maps are randomly generated and contain pretty much the same things, although there are slight differences in the content (like masters for example).

branislavs369 likes this.
  5. CookieNinja

CookieNinja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    path of exile areas are called instances, it remains the same for 8-15 minute, if you dont visit it again during 8-15 minute after u leave the area then it will reset. If im not mistaken every ARPG games resets the area with monsters though some games have a constant map unlike POE which changes the map abit in every reset.

Astaroth and branislavs369 like this.
  6. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so exploring is basically not needed because if i play long enough i will find the things i missed simply by accident ? That's kinda cool but at the same time a little letdown....

Astaroth likes this.
  7. naczac

naczac Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    exploring is still important since there are some things you can find that are fairly rare, it's just that they are randomly generated so there's no way to know if you missed anything. Essentially you can explore the whole map in order to maximize your chances, but overall even if you don't, you'll probably encounter everything the game has to offer during the normal progression

Astaroth and branislavs369 like this.
  8. Kuettbullen

Kuettbullen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're looking for map exploration dungeon crawlers like PoE and Diablo isn't the right games. I'd recommend games like the Elder scrolls, Dragon's dogma and maybe Dark Souls.

9. Zaqwer777

Zaqwer777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The individual maps prior to the new Fall of Oriath expansion basically reset every 15 minutes. They keep the same general layout but will change in structure, so trying to explore it over and over is pointless.

10. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, i can't wait to start playing it i just need to wait for the weather to cool down a little bit so my computer does not melt down.

11. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    So they changed it in the Fall of Oriath ?

12. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks :D Every one of these games is on my Steam wish list but i somehow manage to forget about the steam summer sale every single time :D

13. Zaqwer777

Zaqwer777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, it's generally most effective to speed through the story line maps as they are infinitely repeatable. For example, most people who race maps just kill blue/purple mobs which provide much more exp than normal mobs.

14. Zaqwer777

Zaqwer777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually currently downloading Oriath, but I believe the story line maps will still reset in terms of structure. However, the type of mobs, boss, and general color scheme/background, etc remains the same. It's just that the maps alter a bit so people can't memorize the maps for racing and such.

15. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info... I feel like i should go more often to the wiki...

16. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks for the info. I already downloaded it, now i just need to wait for this damn sun to go down :cry:

17. Zaqwer777

Zaqwer777 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The game is really hard to pick up. I think it took me about a few weeks to get back into the game and fully understand what I was doing. The wiki can explain a lot of things for sure, but your first character will almost always be a throw-away or reset.

18. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    well its pretty fun also and dont bother rechecking since maps reset lol
    and i suggest to start in non-hardcore dying once and getting kicked out of the league isnt really easy
    also if someone figures out how to get the unque stuff from the new leagues please write it down

19. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds rather bad... I was told by a friend that i should search for a build on some forum but i decided to experiment on my own so i am a little fearful that i am going to f*ck up....
    Wait... i remember that every league i will start a new character anyways so i don't need to worry about my first build being shit anyway....

20. branislavs369

Reading List:
    Link
    OK there's no way i would't help a fellow necromancer even though i have no idea what you are talking about, if i find something unique i will reply you here about it.